Et Tu, Poké? (1x1; BullfinchxMe) - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Et Tu, Poké? (1x1; BullfinchxMe)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Et Tu, Poké? (1x1; BullfinchxMe)

Finch nodded, smirking knowingly. "Yup. I'm just a guest in their humble abode, really." Her step faltered a bit when Will spoke next, and she turned her head to avoid his eyes. She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, gulped, and sucked in a breath to gather what courage she had left. "Uh, well, my dad is pretty cool. He's a breeder, you know," she said, turning back to Will with a half-hearted grin. "Pretty good at swordsmanship, too. He has a collection of antiques at home." Her grin strengthened at this, and Khepri perked up from his slouched position. "He taught me a ton about swords, knives, and handling. Pretty diverse pool of topics for over-dinner conversation," she said laughingly as Khepri moved to paw at the top of her ear. "I'm sure he'll like you, I talk about you to 'im all the time." She hid the blush creeping up her face with a snort. "My mom... well, she isn't really around any more. Kinda flighty, you know?"

secure yourself to heaven
    hold on tight the night has come

Her dad was pretty cool-sounding, from the sound of it. Still, he stay silent and listened, grinning a bit...up until the remark about her mother. "Ah." Well, what was he supposed to say? Now he felt stupid for asking...no wonder she didn't want to talk about it. Idiot...that was a smooth move on his part. But...she talked about him? A lot? His blush from embarassment of asking was added to the blush of being flattered. "W-well, uh..." Crap, now what did he say? Just play it off? Best to ignore it. The mom-part, anyway. Probably not the best topic in the world. "It's...cool to have a dad like that. You get to have a house, a farm, and an armory all built into one!" He grinned, hating the color on his cheeks. He felt like a douche. He just hoped she didn't think any less of him now. "Wish I had a dad like that..." Any dad would be pretty cool, too, but if he had a choice, he'd pick one like hers. Maybe he might even end up with pretty eyes like hers?

Blog Entries

Finch was glad that he had the consideration not to linger on that particularly uncomfortable subject, and tried not to giggle like a schoolgirl at the bright tomato red of Will's face. Her grin grew back, and she nodded in agreement, careful not to knock Khepri off of her head. "An armory is right! It's practically a fortress in there," she joked, knocking her elbow into his side gently, hoping he wasn't feeling awkward about her mom. "Well, you know, my dad pretty much considers you part of the family for being my friend, so." She winked at him as Khepri let out a giggle. "He might as well be your secondary dad!"

"Secondary dad, huh?" That was...actually kinda cool. Having a dad he never knew he had? Even if it was unofficial, it was still pretty cool. He might like Finch's dad more than he thought he would. Although he still felt like a douche. "Sweet. And we won't have to worry about things when zombies take over the world or whatever, since we'll have all the weapons we'll need. Just hope Khepri there doesn't eat all the food." he snickered in unison with Kat, who stuck her tongue out at the little blue pokemon atop Finch's head. Just them both chattering away, talking about little things, joking aroud...yeah, this was nice. Will liked this. It felt like they really were just one big family. He and Finch were like brother and sister anyway; he felt like she was one of the few people that actually understood him. And who didn't pick at him for his appearance. Good thing, too; he was sensitive about taht. Still, he couldn't help but feel like their friendship was...just...missing something. Like it was incomplete, though for the life of him he couldn't figure out what it was. What else did they need, after all? They had a lot of fun together and all...was there actually something missing?

Blog Entries

Finch hummed, glancing around at the wildlife that was slowly thinning out as they came nearer to the house. She laughed along with Will at the jab on Khepri, and the little Riolu humphed and bopped her in the temple in his irritation. She rubbed her head, frowning up at him with a raised eyebrow; Khepri shrugged, blinking down at her innocently with an inquisitive "Rio?" Both Finch and Khepri looked up as a few Starlys startled and flew from one tree to the next, sending angry caws down in their direction. Finch tilted her head to one side, seeing one that had a slightly crooked wing. "Hm. Might have to take a look at that one later. Looks like he broke his wing and it healed wrong."

Kat stared up at the Starly with an eager expression, eyes locked on them as her tail twitched ever so slightly, completely engrossed in the birds flying above them. Guessing her thoguhts, Will told her "No, Kat; Starlys aren't for little Skitties." She gave an irritated "Skit" with the air of "says you", ignoring the snickering drones coming from Will's back. Finch just seemed so motherly, even around pokemon she didn't even know...part of him was curious about why the Starly seemed so ticked--they were usually pretty placid, if not timid--most of his attention was on Finch. He took her looking upward as an opportunity to look over at her eyes again...aw, geez. He was completely enthralled by them. Not just the eyes, but the person they belonged to...she was so cool! Caring, nurturing, fun, cool...man, she even looked cool. Everything about her just breathed of coolness. Maybe of something else, too, but he tried not to think abuot that.
    That being said, Will wasn't really sure where his next impulse came from, cheeks heating up. Was he seriously gonna do this? It was just a passing fancy--a whim, if nothing else--but he couldn't help but...well, he wasn't sure. Either way, he spoke up. "Hey, uh, Finch?" He fastened his hold on Kat a little tighter, trying to draw out the usual comfort he got from her fluff. "Uh...I-I was just wondering if you had any plans for tomorrow..." He left it at that for now; if she was gonna say yeah, she had plans, best not to give her any more information than necessary. Why did this feel so...weird?

Blog Entries

Khepri watched as the birds dissapeared into the trees, and was soon torn away from the sight by the chattering of many different species all talking at once, and he closed his eyes, content to listen to the many varying conversations going on around him. His tail twitched, and his dreadlocks waved from side to side as Finch walked, not exactly helping his concentration. Finch's eyes widened at the offer, and she held back a completely innapropriate squeal of glee. She turned her head to the side to face Will, blinking in shock and letting a surprised smile twitch her cheek. "I don't have any plans." Her voice was quiet but lined with energy, and she fought the unexplainable urge to hop up and down in excitment.

Bugsy let out a drone with the air of "Oh, brother," having a feeling of what came next. Will promptly ignored her, giving his shoulders a roll to jostle her slightly and encourage her to shut up. "U-um...kay, cuz I was just wondering...you know..." He looked at Kat as if for help, who continued to stare at where the Starly had disappeared, completely oblivious to everything else all around her. Great...thanks for the help, Kat. "Um..." He glanced at finch for a moment before quickly looking away, suddenly feeling very vulnerable and small. Crap, he should have thought about this first... "Uh. Cuz...i know this cool place in town, a-and i was wondering if, uh...I could take you there." Well, it was out in the open now. He wasn't really sure what to expect, but braced himself for the worst, just in case.

Blog Entries

Finch's face broke out into a grin, and her violet eyes brightened to a paler shade of purple. "Really? I'd love to!" She bounced up on the balls of her feet, bright red blush dusting her cheeks. Khepri let out a startled yelp and hung onto her hair for balance, dropping down to hang in her face and glare at her. She blinked, pouting and shrugging shamelessly. "You're the one sitting on my head, man. Don't glare at me!" Khepri sighed, pulling himself back up and turning his head to look down at Will with an amused expression. "Riorio, riolu." Finally. I thought you'd never ask.
    A family of Raticate scampered across the path up ahead, and Khepri turned his head quick as a flash, dreadlocks slapping him in the face. He smiled excitedly and jumped up with some difficulty, pointing to the familiar shape of the house on the horizon. "Riolu! Lulu!" Look! We're almost there!

Ahh...well, at least it was met with good reception. Enthusiasm, too...Will couldn't help but wonder from her reaction whether or not she was hoping he'd ask. So...then, did that mean that she..? "O-okay, uh, cool. Then it's a date." He paused, eyes widening as he realized his particular choice of words. "W-w-wait, uh, that's not what I...um, I mean..." He floundered a moment before covering his face with his hand to hide his Charmeleon-colored face, letting out a little groan of humiliation. He was fucking this up so bad, and they hadn't even gotten to day two yet. In truth, he was planning on making at least feel like a date...kinda-sorta...but he wasn't supposed to blurt it out like an idiot quite yet! "...crap..."
    Bugsy just snickered, her crimson orb-eyes rolling to the edges of their sockets, trying to look over towards Khepri, droning some kind of remark. Kakuna all let out this weird synthetic "Eyoohhhhhh" noise when they spoke, and althuogh they all were techincally the same noise, Will could always judge what she was saying by her tone...and it was currently dripping with sarcasm. You think he's bad now? You ought to see when he's around other females. It's hilarious!

Blog Entries

Finch raised an eyebrow, grin declining to a tiny smile. She moved closer, moving to put an arm around Will's shoulders, carefully manuevering around Bugsy. "Heh, you're cute when you're flustered, you know." She grinned, nudging him in jest. He was red as a Charizard's flamethrower, and it was pretty much one of the most adorable things she'd ever seen. Hah, this was totally messing up her image as the weird tough badass.
    Khepri snorted, breaking his gaze away from the old-style cabin of the main house and turning to Bugsy. "Riolulu, luriolu." She's just as bad. You should see her talking about him to Dad! She blushes as red as an apple!

Oof...her touch...ugh. As if he wasn't blushing already. Already the affectionate type, Will leaned into her a little without thinking, peeking out at her between two fingers. He could feel the heat radiating out from that little gap...he was surprised her eyebrowns didn't burst into flames from it. But no, that wouldn't be any good; then it wouldn't be quite the same when he looked at those eyes. He had to be careful to avoid them, for risk of getting lost in them and walking into a tree or something. He'd actually done that once, althoguh he blamed Kat for darting between his legs and making him stumble. "Y-y-you, uh, think so?" He was cute? Coming from Finch, that was...actuallly...kinda funny. She was usually such a tomboy...guess she had a more feminine side after all. She knew what the word "cute" was!
    Oh, what Bugsy wouldn't give to evolve right now and fly over to see Will's face. He had to look like a Tamato berry right now. She let out another drone to Khepri, amusement evident. Ooh, this I want to see! How's he look? How's he look?? Even if he had to describe it to her, she had to know~!

Blog Entries

Her grin didn't falter, and she ran her tongue over the back of her teeth nervously. Oh yeah, her badassness was going down the drain and melting into marshmellows and rainbows of fail. "Yup. Don't tell my dad, though, it might mess up my image of the sturdy girl who would rather shiv someone than go out with them." She let out a breathy chuckle, a bit unused to being this close to anyone but her father and her flock.
    Khepri got on his knees in Finch's hair and leaned over her head, tilting his furry blue one whilst his brow furrowed as he consentrated. "Riolu, riolu lu lu rio!" He looks like he got burned by Sunny Day two times over! The Riolu grinned, laughing under his breath. "Lulurio, riolu rio, riolu lu!" Just like a bunch of Tamato berries!

Go out with? Well, alright, that's pretty much what it was...but still. It was a little foreign feeling, kinda like that arm around him...but it was actually pretty nice. Both, really; the idea of going out with Finch especially. It was alien, very alien, not to mention intimidating...but hey, who knows? There might even be something to work with. If she didn't run him into the ground first. She was waaaaaay more rowdy than he was. She might actually be the death of him someday! "Y-yeah...okay. It'll be...like, our secret." It felt funny, talking like that...really strange. But oddly good. He eventually let his hand slide down from his face down to its spot by Kat, most of his focus going into their physical contact. It was pretty nice, if you got past the foreign feeling of it. He could get used to this...maybe. If he got his cheeks to quit smoldering. Best to keep this kinda quiet for now...after all, nobody really needed to know, right? It was something just for them. Nodbody had to know...
    Bugsy let out a series of droning clicks that pretty much equalled out to laughter, eyes closing as she imagined Will's face right about now. Ooh, these are the days I wish I was a Butterfree!

Blog Entries

This was really, really weird. Like, that feeling you get when you try a new food for the first time and aren't sure if you'll either end up loving it or puking into the toilet. Her stomach was turning itself into knots, but on the ouside she just nodded with conviction and berated herself into calming down. "Alright. We don't want those assholes to rag on us... although it'll help that I have back-up now," she mused, tilting her head to look at Will. "We make a pretty awesome team, you know? Will and Finch," she grinned, putting out a hand and waving it like their names were up in lights. "The most epic team ever! How far will they go to be so epic? No one knows!"
    Khepri laughed, his voice high-pitched with youth. "Riolulu lurio!" I'm just lucky she lets me get up here! I've got height issues, man! Suddenly, the distant roar of an excited Pokemon caught his attention, and he shot up from his kneel, causing Finch to slap the hand she'd been waving about to her face to avoid getting kicked or slapped with a tail. "Honestly, Khepri, you'd think we hadn't been home in years," she grumbled, blowing her bangs out of her face.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast