Et Tu, Poké? (1x1; BullfinchxMe) - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Et Tu, Poké? (1x1; BullfinchxMe)

Default Re: Et Tu, Poké? (1x1; BullfinchxMe)

"I'm getting to that," the professor replied patiently, not liking to be rushed. He'd say what he needed to say when he was going to say it, damn it! "This..." He tapped the box. "Is a portable artificial environment unit. It's especially useful for the line of work I'm working with; I can use these to store, suspend, or purge any viral strands I can get my hands on. It's extremely efficient as well, having come from Silph and designed by Devon corp. It's a marvelous little thing that I'm just fascinated wtih, the way it..." He shook his head, visibly derailing that train of thought. "...anyway. It's a unit that contains specific climate conditions within a controlled environment. I can put up to 6 vials of viral strands into here, the most notable of which includes the elusive Pokerus virus."
    Will, who had been looking at Finch out of the corner of his eye, looked back to the professor at the mentioning of Pokerus. "Isn't that the disease that makes pokemon grow stronger faster?"
    "More or less. I've been focusing on this for a while now, the Pokerus virus. It was a lot of work getting ahold of it in any sufficient quantity beyond a molecule's yield, since it's such a finicky disease, but luckily it's own rapid reproduction rate paid off, and I now have a theoretically infinite amount of Pokerus virus for me to work with. This could be a major accomplishment; all I have to do is enlarge the area of the storage unit, or match the conditions being carefully measured and maintained inside, and I can easily transfer the vials from one location to another. I could easily make an entire ecosystem devoted to the Pokerus virus, now that I have it now, which would be a momentous occassion. I don't believe anyone has stored an amount of the viral strain in any comparable amount in one place before. This could be a huge stepping stone for the scientific community! I might even get that official Professor's title like I've been hoping for!"

Blog Entries

Finch hummed, the insatiable urge to know urging her on. "I never thought anyone would be able to store it before it died. This is amazing, Professor!" She grinned, and Khepri let out an excited coo at the feelings of giddiness brightening her aura. Nun shifted in her arms and opened one eye, blinking to focus his pupil on the silent form of Lenroy. He frowned, reaching out and placing a hesitant hand on the Buizel's paw. He shut his eyes tight, trying to radiate feelings of sorrow and the guilt that was gnawing at his mind. Finch licked her lips, raising the hand that wasn't on Nun and brushing back her bangs. "So, Professor... what do we know about Nun's and Lenroy's condition?"

secure yourself to heaven
    hold on tight the night has come

Lenroy jerked slightly at Nun's touch, having not expected it. He wasn't so much angry at Nun for attacking--what was he supposed to do? He attacked first, after all--as he was disturbed at his own loss of control. He had no idea what happened, before Geb got called out. It was really weird...and Khepri was wet. Did he get hit with that prank after all? Or was that from him..? Shaking his head to clear it, Lenroy muttered a "Bui bui," to Nun, saying "It's fine" in "pokatalk." He rubbed his temples, willing the throbbing in his skull to cease. Ugh...did Geb step on his head, or what?
    "I'm getting to that," the professor insisted, careful to maintain the same patient tone. Sheesh, didn't a girl know a lecture when she heard one? "Anyway. Now that I've got this to work with, I can continue on with my pokemon viral transference research...but, interestingly, I've come to some very peculiar results. See, I've known this lovely lady in Hoenn for a while now...Lannette, her name is. She worked with Bill to develop the pokemon PC system, so I figured that she of all people would be able to help me with this. We did some research on our own, putting together results and theories, ect ect...until we both came to the interesting conclusion: it is impossible to spread the Pokerus virus via PC transfer. As data inside a pokeball, the pokemon themselves are unable to be infected by any diseases in existence, since they have to be exposed to the virus itself in reality before it can get into their systems. In order for the disease to get into the PC, it has to be transferred into data as well, and the crossover between data streams results in nothing more than having two clumps of data sitting next to each other. The pokemon can't get infected, and the disease can't be spread." He paused, either to catch his breath or to cause dramatic effect, it wasn't clearly cerain. Either way, he continued: "With that cleared up, I decided to kill two Pidgey with one stone and test out another of my theories. After a little manipulating of the data of the pokemon in a PC system, I was able to successfully discover that you can take a piece of the pokemon on the inside and pull it out seperate from the rest of the pokemon. This would almost be completely useless, if not harmful to the pokemon, except that it works for blood as well. I can take blood from any pokemon in a PC without risking infection to whatever disease or element that I might run the risk of exposing it to by withdrawing it and taking it out manually. Since there was this 'bug' going around, I decided to look for that. And I found a couple of interesting results." From his desk the professor now withdrew a pair very long, very lengthy papers, each containing a large series of what were presumably blood work, containing countless digits and numbers that went completely went over Will's head. "Here, take a look. One's of an 'infected' pokemon, the other of one in the PC. Tell me if you see any differences."
    A bit intimidated by the length of the papers, Will took them and held them between him and Finch to look at the bits of data. It was completely beyond him, this technical stuff, but it didn't take a genius...at least, he hoped not...to look at each individual line and see if there were any differences in data-thingies. Alright, so the first line was the same...the second, too...so was the third, the fourth, the fifth, sixth...tenth...nineteenth...

Blog Entries

Nun smiled briefly, squeezing Lenroy's hand with a murmured "Croco, croconaw, naw, naw, croco." Thank you for your forgiveness. He grinned, before realizing that the expression made the pain in his head blossom once more, and his smile faltered under the torrent of pulsing agony. Ugh... what was happening to him?
    Finch struggled not to snort, settling for a sigh as the Professor continued his rant. She choked back a frustrated groan as Will took the giant stack of papers the Prof had produced, and focused her gaze, albeit a bit grudgingly, on the scientific data. She studied the papers avidly, taking one finger an running it down the lines of blood work slowly as she read. "Hmm..." she muttered, brow furrowing and violet eyes sparking. "They're all the same." Her pale finger stopped on the bottom of the page, and she frowned softly. "But what does it mean?"
    Last edited by Bullfinch; 4th June 2010 at 09:20 PM.

(They're the same. Identical.)

Blog Entries

(All right, fixed. c: Sorry about that~)

Will, coming to the more or less same conclusion, looked up to the professor questioningly.
    "It means," the professor said, "one of two things. Number one, whatever the pokemon outside the PC has the same thing as the pokemon inside the PC has...which is, of course, impossible. The work I've done clearly shows that transmission of diseases and other forms of viruses is impossible to do manually, and it's most certainly impossible to do naturally, since viruses don't work in computers like they do in pokemon. The other thing..." He looked to Lenroy, then to Nun, sitting back in his chair, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "The other option is that this isn't a virus, and that something else is affecting them in this way. But what that is, I can't say."
    Will blinked, looking over to the pained expressions of both Water Pokemon, quite intrigued...though unsure of what to make of this discovery. "Not a disease?" But it most certainly was something, since they were both clearly ill, and so were the other pokemon catching this...whatever it was. But if it wasn't a bug, what was it? What else was there to affect the pokemon like this? "But then, what is it?"
    The professor just shook his head, wearing a thoughtful, distant expression. "I don't know."

Blog Entries

Finch hummed, tapping her fingers on her thigh. "Not a disease. Not a virus." Her violet eyes closed, and she frowned. "Could it be... man-made?" Khepri tapped her on the temple, frowning as he read her Aura. Concern, most likely for Nun and Lenroy, distress, probably for the effects of the condition, and... was that fear? It was, a trembling strain of pure fear, something that was rarely seen in Finch's aura. He let out a soft "Rio?" and Finch opened one eye to look up at him. She raised the hand previously holding Nun to pet him half-heartedly, and looked back at the Professor, concern dulling her eyes.

Receiving a pair of concerned, slightly fearful expressions, the professor jus sighed. "That's the gist of it. So other than knowing what it isn't, I have no idea what it is."
    Will shook his head slightly, looking over to Lenroy and Nun. Weird...but what were they to do about it? Just the same as usual: sit back, wait for it to run its course, and pray for the best. That's about all there was left to do, really. Poor Finch, though...she must have been really worried about poor Nun. Will looked over to her, offering a sympathetic smile. Well, whatever the deal was, he'd be her friend the whole way. She was really nice to him, so the least he could do was be nice in return when she was going through a bit of a worrisome time.
    The professor stood, placing the Pokerus thing back beneath his desk, looking around a bit. "Well...you can stay if you like, or you can go home...I've got to look after Lenroy a bit. Marge'll probably have him under lock and key from now on."

Blog Entries

Finch sighed, leaning back in her chair and slipping a hand under Lenroy to place him on the ground gently. She saw Will give her a smile tinged with sympathy, and she stamped down the urge to shout an "I'm fine!" as she rationalized just how stupid that would be. Instead, she sat back up and felt Khepri relax from hanging on to her neck for balance. She smiled back, albeit a bit tentatively, and pushed a hand through her hair to hide the fact that they were shaking. "My dad'll kill me if I'm out too late. Want to come with, Will?" She really needed someone other than her father right now - he would probably just baby her until she got frustrated enough to forget about her problems. No, what she needed was an anchor. "I'm sure the flock would love a visit."

Well, she didn't seem to off-put or anything...maybe it wasn't that big a deal. Pokemon in her flock probably got sick all the time. Oh well; leave it to Will to mess up in front of girls. "Sure, I'd love to." He actually hadn't been to her place before. He imagined it looked a bit like a ranch, but he wasn't sure. He was actually pretty excited to meet her mother; he'd never met an Egyptian before, and their culture seemed pretty fascinating, if not a bit alien. Maybe that made it cooler. That, and maybe he could find out who gave her those eyes... He leaned forward so he could slip Bugsy back into the little sling he made her onhis back, distantly reminding him of rhe way a tribal would carry around their offspring in a similar fashion. He stood as he readjusted his hold on Kat, fitting her in a familiar position in his arms, her tail and back feet dangling down with her head under his chin, ears tickling his neck. Most Skitty would find this uncomfortable, but Kat couldn't be happier. Good thing; her fluff was like a security blanket. He felt abit naked without her there. "See you, Professor. I gotta walk the lady home."
    Lenroy rolled his eyes a bit, waddling over to said man. He usually knew what was what with the world; maybe he'd have a way to make the pain stop.

Blog Entries

Something in her chest warmed, and Finch grinned, Khepri perking up on her shoulder as he sensed the fear and stress slowly drain out of her aura. "Great!" She scratched Khepri's nose happily, and shifted Nun so he was cradled like a cat, with one hand on his back and one under his hindquarters. The Croconaw let out a low reptilian purr, snuggling into Finch's clothing. She got up slowly, shifting her arms to get comfortable (or as comfortable as she could be with Nun's spikes digging into her hands), and turned to Will, smirking as he spoke. "See you, Professor. I gotta walk the lady home." She stifled a laugh at the very idea of her being a lady, and started to walk towards the door. "See ya, Prof," she called over her shoulder, as Khepri looked behind him and waved to the human and Lenroy.

The professor merely waved, looking a bit pensive. He looked down to Lenroy, who was wearing the questioning look he expected him to be wearing. "Hm..." It looked like he still had a lot of work to do.
    Will followed her out past a certain Wigglytuff, who was starting to clean up after a bit of the mess they'd made, a combination of a series of water-based things, a massive Torterra, and a pair of Combee making quite a scene. He'd say it was a mess, if it didn't look like it normally did on any given day. The place was always a mess. It was a miracle that Professor Lenwes ever got anything done. Maybe that was what Marge was for?
    They headed outside, Kat nudging under his chin in the insistance that she was in dire need of petting, which he abliged to, scratching under her chin to summon a happy little purr. Bugsy ignored it, eyes drifting about as she looked all around the scenery as they moved, fascinated with the concept of moving through the forest. Most Kakuna never got to experience that, after all! "I don't think I've ever been to your house," Will said, staying up alongside her. He couldn't help but admire those purple eyes again...gosh, they were pretty. She had the coolest eyes. "Is it nice?" Briefly he recalled how she never spoke about her family very much...was she insecure? Well, maybe he'd ask. He imagined they were pretty cool, if her daughter was a combination of the two...even if they were half as cool as she was, they'd be pretty awesome. Plus, she had two worlds to take part in--her dad here, then egypt with her mom! He was so envious...she just seemed to have everything he didn't!

Blog Entries

Finch immediately breathed easier as the warm sun hit her face and the wind picked up her hair playfully. She relaxed, Khepri chirping happily as he clambered up to sit on the top of her head, raising on paw above his eyes to cut off the glare of the sun. She turned her head to the side, grinning at Will excitedly. "It's great! Then again, I might be a bit biased," she winked, chuckling, "But in my oppinion living on a breeding ranch is awesome! The flock has control of most of the house, though, so I wouldn't let Kat and Bugsy out of your sight." She raised a hand to scratch the back of her neck, eyes wandering to the forests' treeline. "Even though most of them are pretty tame, a few are still getting used to being around so many other species. Like Osiris," she added, smiling up at the sky as a cloud in the shape of a Charmander rolled by.

"Hehe...sounds like my house. The pokemon rule; I'm just allowed to live there." Both Kat and Bugsy let out a noise of confirmation, evoking a chuckled from him. Eck...Osiris. Letting either Bugsy or Kat near the "psycho-krow" was most definitely out of the question, and he wasn't planning on letting his back face him at all, what with poor Bugsy being strapped to it and all. A mean bird plus a helpless bug wasn't a very good combination, by any means. "I was always wondering...what're your parents like? You don't talk about them much." He tensed ever so slightly, ready for just about anything. Hopefully he hadn't stepped on a raw nerve of some kind without knowing it. He couldn't really imagine what it was that kept her away from the topic, since he'd be absolutely delighted to have a family to talk to people about, but she probably had a good reason, whatever it was. Probably sore about everyone calling her a half-breed and a mutt and all that...assholes. They were just jealous their families didn't have that kind of heritage.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast