The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee) - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

"so it's two on two?" I asked surprised. I had only killed 3, and Parker was still on 1. "looks like they're doing the jobs for us." I was trying to think about who was left. According to Parker there was only 4 tributes left in the arena, two being us. That must mean the other two were at the top of the hill. When I left they were fighting...maybe they stopped and decided to hunt us together? The more I thought about this, the less likely it seemed. "wait, Parker. The cannon fired when we both got back here. Which means that one of the two up top died. And since no one else has died since, it's safe to say that one of their partners appeared and helped them out..." I trailed off in thought "there was that pair in district 6 that I've not seen all game.. One of them was a knife weilder, and one a bow weilder..." had the Capitol planned this? Kept our matches alive to have a brutal fight? "if it's them two, were in trouble.. You go after the bowman.."

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

Default Re: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

"Why, may I ask, am I being sent after someone who has honed his long-range attack skills? I would be a better match for the knife guy, because if the marksman is smart, he'll be high in a tree or or some other vantage point. I say the we take some firewood and burn it. They'll be attracted to it. We'll both be in different trees to ake them by surprise. I could take out the bowman by jumping, but I'd need coverfire," I said. When I have a plan I really have a plan. It would either work relly well and we'd win tonight or it would fail horribly and we'd die tonight. Either way, the games ended tonight.

"because" I rolled my eyes, unintentionally "if it's two people fighting with bows, it's gonna be a stalemate. Rendering us both useless until you had finished with the other guy. Whereas if I'm in a tree, and take out the knife guy early on, we can work together on the bowman..." I could see that Parker had a plan, but I had one of my own, and I'd come too close to fail now. If things took a turn for the worst, I was under no illusions that both of us would leave the other. "just to be clear, if you become a hinderance, I'll kill you. I'd expect the same. If were going to win, were doing it properly and professionally"

Blog Entries

Default Re: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

"I suppose that it makes sense," I said. "but we sould take out the bow guy first. If we don't, then they have the advantage with long range in the trees. We'll have the element of surprise, and hopefully it'll give us the upper hand." Reece did have a point, but then agian, so did I. "Killing you won't be a problem," I said. I would kill him, but only if I had to. We had made it this far together, and we both deserved to win.

"okay, so. These two trees," I pointed at two perfectly adjacent trees on either side of the proposed fire place" we climb into them after lighting the fire and wait for them to come past?" I wasn't sure what the plan was, I was so tired..

Blog Entries

"Basically," I said already gathering firewood. "Reece, we need some kindling. Something to actually get the fire going, cause this stuff is soaked. All it's going to do is smoke like carzy, It's not going to light." It was true. The water rising from the lakes had ssoaked everything in it's path. It would be impossilbe to light un les there was something dry. There wasn't going to be anything dry in the woods, as the water had risin up to near the clearing, which would be the only dry place. But there were some things that would light.

"Reece, Take your shirt off."

If we weren't in such a serious situation, I'd have made a few jokes here. But since I'd like to stay alive, I gave him my shirt. Within minutes there was a blazing fire, smoking an incredible amount. "Action! Time to climb Parker!" I said, getting excited as I climbed the tree, a little higher than Parker climbed. I wanted to be higher so that no one would climb for me. This way I was safe to fire my arrows without worry.

Blog Entries

The fire was ablaze, putting out more smoke than I'd ever seen in my entire life. We were in the trees, waiting for our enemies to enter our little camp. I hadn't climbed as high as Reece because I was going to jump out of the tree. I looked up at him when a twig cracked in the bushes almost directly below us. I held up my fingers. Three... Two... One... I was getting ready to leap when I realized that sadly, It was a rabbit. I looked up at my parter again. He shrugged. I positioned again, just in time. The pair cautiously entered the camp, looking around. I took a loose stick and tossed it off to the side. They looxed over to where it had landed. I lunged, landing squarely on my target. I took my knife out and began stabbing him. There was blood everywhere, on both of us. He stopped struggling and a canon fired. I stood up, feeling a seering pain in my left side. I looked down to see an arrow sticking out of my stomach. The marksman had stabbed me with one of his arrows.

Parker let out a scream as an arrow was lodged in his side. "Fuck! No!" I shot him...no, I couldn't have... it was then that I saw the bowman, sitting in a tree in the hill. He was only a boy, maybe got a lucky shot. "I'm not winning this with him!" I thought to myself, then let an arrow fly . I pulled the string back so hard that my bow almost snapped. The arrow flew with such force, that it went straight through the boys throat and pinned him to the tree. I was filled with range and anger by this point, and let another arrow fly at him as he fumbled around for his arrows. The dying boy, pinned into a tree by an arrow through his throat, felt another arrow pierce his body. This time it went through his wrist and into his stomach. He was a goner. No was was he going to survive this. He was bleeding like a tap.

I climbed out of the tree, and ran to Parker "Parker, are you okay buddy?

Blog Entries

"I'll be fine," I said. "What about the bowsman? He dead?" I looked down at the arrow in my side. The angle of it wouldn't allow me to push it through, and pulling it out would only do more damage. I put both hands on the arrow and exhaled as I yanked it out. I groaned in intense pain as blood began to flow from my wound.

"he's useless, don't worry. But we need to do something about your leg..." I rummaged around for something to tie to it, then reluctantly took my quiver off my shoulder and undid the leather strap. "Brace yourself, this is gonna hurt" I warned him as I tied the leather strap and the sleeping bag around his side, almost too tight for him to breathe. "wait here, I'm gonna finish the kid off." I said a's I took an arrow, re gained my bow and positioned myself near the tree. He begged me to end it. His face was now completely White, drained of blood. All I could think about was how I drained the blood of the bigger game this way. Deer, elk, wild hogs. "Sorry buddy. I really am, but I need to get back" I apologised, sincerely, then let the arrow fly into his temple. The cannon fired.

Blog Entries

I grimmiced and inhaled as Reece tightened the strap around me. Our enemies were dead, but they had yet to announce us as the winners. I looked at Reece and shiook my head. The intercom came on and relayed a message.

"Attention tributes... Attention tributes... There can only be one winner each year... One of you must die... That is all."

My jaw dropped. Reece and I had been under the assumtion that we could both win. I stood up, ignoring the pain.

"No! You selfish bastards! Is two winners for one year too much to ask?" I screamed. I whipped my knife at where Reece was and grabbed the knife that lay on the ground near my attacker.

I felt the searing pain in my thigh, and turned around a's my leg buckled. "that was quick of you!" I yelled angrily a's I notched an arrow that had fallen from the bowmans quiver and sent it flying through the sleeping bag in his side- hoping to pierce the damaged area. the pain was so intense! I never imagined that having a knife in my leg would Hirt this much! It was almost unbearable.

I hated the Capitol, but not a's much a's I should have done. For allowing a friendship to form, then cutting it down for their own amusement. Seeing pairs of tributes save each others lives, only to force them to draw each others blood. Secretly I knew this would happen all along...

Blog Entries

I cried out in pain as the arrow pierced my wound. I yanked it out of me. I need cover, I thought. He can kill me too easily if he can see me. I need to get behind him somehow. I saw the knife still in his leg. The more he moved, the more it cut. He wouldn't be as agile as before, but then again, neither would I. I darted off into the undergrowth, hoping to conceal myself as best a possible. I moved quickly but quietly to where I last saw Reece. I looked up and saw him. I took a rock and threw it into the bushes across the clearing. I took another rock and threw it at his head.

I pulled myself up into the tree. It was agonising. Everytime I moved my leg it bled more. I was losing a lot of blood. "don't forget, he's injured too" I kept thinking. I tried to climb higher, but I was getting dizzy. I growled at myself, angry for becoming so weak, so quickly. "Parker! Give-Give it-up" a rock flew at me, and I just managed to protect my head "Give me a break goddamit!" I yelled back, then fired an arrow to where the rock had come from.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast