The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee) - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

"no, let's just finish the games, just us 2, then we'll be harder to catch. I mean, a group of 24 who people know are rebelling, or a pair of winners, who no-one knows are there." "another cannon.."

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

Default Re: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

"Well then. That makes sense," I said. I looked up into the sky, longing for it to be real, but knowing it was fake. "That means that between the two of us, we only have to kill seven people to win." I faked a smile. I wasn't happy. Twenty-two people had to die for us to win. Game was one thing, but this was just some wuss with no way to defend himself other than fear. My stomach growled. I hadn't eaten since the night before, and even then, I only ate a few bites of food. I was starved, and I knew that the bread and the meat wouldn't last us more than a day or two. A bird just wouldn't cut it. I remembered the lake. I looked at Reece. he was enjoying the bread just a little to much.

"How would you like to have a fish sandwich tomorrow?" I said.

"I'm not too good at fishing, but I can get the rest of the ingredients?" I suggested. I was about to strike up a conversation when I heard a twig snap, I put my finger to my lips to signal Parker. I then notched an arrow and looked through the bush, waiting

Blog Entries

Default Re: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

Upon the firing of the arrow, I summersaulted away from where I sat. I snuk up to the bush, and drie the knife deep into the bush. I pulled the knife back, it was dripping blood. One of the female tributes fell out of the bush. She had an arrow sticking out of her shoulder, and lots of blood pouring from a wound below it. She wasn't dead yet. I drove the knife deep into her skull before she could move into an attack. She collapsed on the ground, her body bathed in blood already. A canon fired and she was beamed away from us. I looked over at Reece.

"Fish and bread."

"sounds delicious" I said, ignoring the fact that there was a blood-soaked body near us. Parker had bloodshot eyes, "you enjoyed that?"

Blog Entries

"No. I actually didn't enjoy it. She was innocent. Killing Snow? I'd enjoy that. Oh! Thake snow and his peoples and put them in the games! It's genius!" I said. To tell the truth, killing her relieved me, but I didn't enjoy it. All I knew was we had to kill only six more. This might actually happen.

We took turns taking watch for the next few nights, growing more cautious since we hadnt seen anyone since the second night. No more cannons fired, which indicated there was still 8 of us left in the games. By the 6th night, nothing had happened, and Parker and I knew the Game-makers were planning something... The lakes began to overflow with what seemed like an endless supply of water. Normal water would have been fine, but this was hot, steaming. "Parker!" i woke him during the night when i noticed. "Grab your stuff!" I said, when in truth, id already packed everything ready to go. "Theyre trying to flush us all together!" I yelled as we climbed higher up the hills, weapons at the ready

Blog Entries

When Reece woke me in the middle of the night, i immediatley knew something was up. I drew my knife, but we weren't under attack. Yet. The lakes were filling with boiling water and Reece and I were climbing to higher ground. This was what they wanted. They wanted us all to be togethe, and then we'd all be stuck till there was only two left. One of us would have to win, and Reece isn't that great with hand-to-hand. He's better at long range, but then he'd be in the water. Unless...

"Reece," I said. "Climb up into one of the trees. It will give you a better vantage point to pick these guys off. I'll run up there, since I'm better with close range attacks. What do you think?"

"got it." I jumped from the hill, down into a lower based tree. "oh, and Parker. Good luck. I'll cover you from up here then meet you back down at camp as soon as the water subsides"

I watched as Parker ran off through the undergrowth, and I began my ascent. It was a lot higher than I had thought, and before too long I could see the meadow at the top of the hill. It didn't look as If Parker had gotten up yet, when the first tribute arrived. He was one of the careers, though I didn't take note of what district any were from. He rested behind the only rock in the small meadow, facing me. Now, he couldn't see me through the trees, but my now was perfectly trained on him. I steadied myself to fire, when I noticed Parker appearing on the meadow, unaware of the other tribute, who was now creeping up behind him, ready to plant the axe into his head. I re-aimed, and as the career raised his hands to strike, slumped to the floor with an arrow through his skull.

Blog Entries

There was a soft thump as I entered the clearing. A canon fired signaling the death of another tribute. Five left, I thought. I saw a small pool of blood wher tribute had died. He was hidden behind a rock. I drew my knife and hid behind the rock with my back to where I assumed Reece was positioned.

I smiled to myself, proud of that shot. In truth, it wouldn't have taken much for it to get Parker instead. I saw that Parker had taken up a position behind the rock, the safest place for him to be. I noticed 2 tributes coming onto the meadow from opposite sides, then watched a's they ran at each other to begin hacking and slashing each other to pieces. Parker noticed too. I was debating whether to kill them both, when I noticed that the water below had subsided completely. "time to go" I said to myself, then fired an arrow at Parkers feet signalling to go. I swung my bow over my shoulder and shimmied down the tree, carefully tracing my previous journey down the hill to our old camp. Hopefully Parker had gone unnoticed...

Blog Entries

Two tributes had entered the clearing and began to attack each other. I looked down in time to see an arrow two inches away from my foot. What the hell? I thought. I looked back. The overflowed lake had subsided, and I made my way back. When I reached our camp, a canon fired. That ment we had to kill five. It was going to be interesting.

"I see you got the signal. Tell me, how many of us are left in total?" I said, trying to decide whether to break for another camp with Parker

Blog Entries

"Five by my count, but I could be off," I said just as another canon fired. "Make that four. What do we do know?"

"so it's two on two?"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast