The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

Post Thanks / Like

Default The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

@Black Dog; @Phantom Detective;

I crept through the open window, determined not to wake anyone. I slowly slipped out of my worn leather boots, hung up my jacket and slid under the quilts of the bed. I lived with my abusive father, who would beat me senseless if he knew I had been out at this time. The truth is, I preferred it at night - everything was so much clearer, calmer. I would sit on the roof of the house closest to the edge of town, and just stare out over the orchards and the mockingjays that lived in them. Everything seemed so much simpler out here... This was all routine however, one that I strictly adhered to.

I would tidy himself up as best as possible every day before school, brush my scruffy brown hair, eat breakfast alone in my room before leaving. After school was the time to practise my archery skills. Im a natural marksman, but there is room for improvement. I would spend 3 or 4 hours a day doing this, before hiding my bow in a hole he dug out in an abandoned meadow. I would eat in silence with my father, then say I was going to my room to sleep - then snuck out.

It was the day of the Reaping. The day where the whole district were silent for several minutes regardless of whether they were at work or school. This is because today, 2 families lose a child. A boy and girl from each district gets chosen to participate in the annual deathmatch. A fight to the death. Caged In a huge are a like animals untill only one is left standing.

Everyone was gathered around the town centre, as the mayor stepped up with a box. He said the usual condolences to anyone picked, then changed his tone and expected them to take great honour, the same scripted charade each year. The first name picked out was one of the nastier girls from school, Abigail Cauldwell. The mayor gulped as he called the name out, because she was his daughter. We hadn't ever said a word to each other, but I know what she's like. A snake. She would do anything to anyone if she got some form of benefit from it, that girl had no limits. The next name that was called out, was mine.

I can barely remember what happened after that, everything Happened so quickly, and the next thing I remember was being on a train to the Capitol.

Ooc: bit of an introduction to Reece there. Feel free to write a's little or much as you want to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+
    Follow Renegade on Tumblr

Default Re: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

I sat on the edge of a small pond near a row of trees. I set my feet in the shallow ater, and layed back on the ground. I looked above me as many birds fluttered past. I wish that I was like them, I thought. So carefree. So peacefull. I closed my eyes and sighed. In a few minutes I would have to be at the center of the city, for reaping day.

I'd always hated Reaping Day. It was the day that my older brother was taken away from me, along with many other people I had come to know. I hated the Capital, and all the cowards calling the shots. I hateed Reaping Day, when they showed that they were still in control. But what I hated most of all, were the gaurds. They have always been the Capital's pawns, bending to their every whim.

My thougths were disrupted by a twig snapping in the small grove of trees. I sat bolt upright, and within three seconds, I was on my feet, with my knife drawn. There was no more noises that I could hear. Just silence.

"Who's there?" I called. There was no answer. I put my knife away and walked to the center of the city, where a large crowd had already formed. My mother walked up to me with an angry look on her face.

"Where have you been?" She aksed. I shushed her as a woman walked out onto the stage. A strange silence that only happens once a year fell over the whole district. I tuned out from her speech. I closed my eyes. I was pushed form behind, again and again. I opened my eyes. I was being shoved towards the stage. I had been chosen. I was going to have to fight in the Hunger Games.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the train, trying to avoid Abigail like the rabid animal she was inside. It had been this way for the whole journey, for the last 6 hours. She must have been in her room when the attendant who was sitting with me checked his watch, and stood up. I don't like watches, theyre like a constant reminder that you need to be doing something else. "better get dressed son" he said. He was young, maybe a few years older than me, probably born into servitude, "were pulling up at district 2 now. 2 more tributes boarding" and he walked off. I stood up, trying to be polite to more would-be killers. Walking over to the window to glance at this new district, I noticed the noise of footsteps, people from the previous 10 districts were being ushered out of their rooms to greet the new tributes. I didn't get the embarrassment since I was the first tribute on board. The doors opened and there they were; District 2's tributes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+

Default Re: The 76th Annual Hunger Games (Black Dog, Phantom Detective & Regireee)

I stood at the platform, already planning my victory. Thinking of how to take out everybody else. A girl few years younger than me stood a few feet away. She was short, with long, blonde hair, and a face that I didn't recognize. I had never met the girl who stood next to me, and for that I was partly glad. I would have no trouble kiling anyone at the games.

I watched as the train pulled into the station. It was long and black. Sleek metal cars, adna silent engine. When it finally came to a stop, the girl and I were ushed up the step and into what appeared to be a dining car. There were many tables and booths on both sides of the isle. There lots of people in the car. I counted them. Twenty-two counting me and the girl. I waved hello. Most people didn't notice or didn't care. I could see the fear in everyone's eyes. Except one. He sat alone in the center booth on the left-hand side of me. This truly sent a chill down my back. I sat down in the nearest booth and slid to the window. I hung my head low and spoke not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a mental assessment of the boy, he could be trouble. The majority of the others, from first impressions, I could easily take out without too much hassle. But this boy, This district 2 boy, could be a problem. He wasn't overly tall, nor was he overly muscular, but his eyes. They were unnerving, as if he had seen things that no one else could handle. Of course, this could just be me overreacting.

I watched as the other tributes slumped off to their rooms, and decided to make a serious choice. This could either work completely in my favour, or make me a bigger target. I walked over and slid the door open, "I'm Reece. D12" hand held out

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+

I looked up just as the door opened. It was the boy. The one that had those eyes. No fear. No expression. He spoke, but I was too shocked to hear what he said. When he held his hand out, I did the same. We shook hands. Thoughts were whizzing through my head faster than I could possibly process. We held a stare for a moment. I tried so very hard to read him, to understand him, to get an uperhand. But it was just my luck. Nothing. Nothing at all. This yet again frightened me.

"Have a seat," I said politely, motioning to the booth across from me. I tried again to read him. But still it was the same. He gave nothing away. I shivered from uneasyness.

Post Thanks / Like

"pleasure" I said, taking a seat. This was awkward. No words came to mind. I just sat and watched, waiting for something to happen. Nothing. "so.. Uh.. Anything I should know before we fight to the death?" I asked, not concerned with THE answer, just looking for AN answer. Then something clicked. This guy was like me. He didn't know what to say, afraid that he will come across weak. He hasn't stopped looking me up and down to see if I have any visible weaknesses, he has the same eyes as me. "oh this is bad" I thought to myself, "very, very bad."

One thing that should be known about me, I can kill anything. That doesn't relate to my skill, obviously if something is stronger than me then it will kill me. But my brain, my mind will let me kill anything. I once almost shot a baby with my bow, because it got out of it's house somehow as I was sitting on my roof. The only thing that stops me from killing is respect. If I respect something or someone, it usually gets away...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+

"Nothing vitally important," I said. "Quick with a knife. You?" I was still trying to find some sort of handicap when everything fell in to place - he was doing the exact same thing. He was looking for my weak points, trying to read me like a book. But there was one problem. For both of us. We were both revealing nothing at all. At least nothing that would get us killed instantly. He was analyzing me, I was anlyzing him. he was going to be the one opponent that could get in the way. He was going to be tough.

Post Thanks / Like

"bows. I can get an arrow straight through your temple from 30ft away 9 times out of 10"

It sunk in. If the rules allowed a team to win, we could easily do it... It would be like having two completely in sync killers on the field... Maybe we can get a temporary alliance, then settle it one on one?

Why was I not surprised about the knife... I mean, I'm fairly good with one, I'm fast, but I never put the practise in. Maybe he can use the ... Oh dear god "how are you with the bow?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+

"Let's just say that I wouldn't rely on it with my life," I said, leaving it up in the air. I was trying to answer honestly, without giving away a weakness, such as archery. I'm horrible at archery, but he doesn't need to know that. I held out my hand. "By the way Reece, I'm Parker," I said.

The games were an odd time, and we both knew it. The battlefield changed each year, and and so did the rules. I'd heard talk of two winners this year. Maybe it would happen. If it did, Reece and I would almost be garunteed a win. Though if not, It would be a showdown. A fight to the death. For this reason, I tried to keep my feelings of respect and fear at bay.

Post Thanks / Like

"Nice to know" I replied calmly. If it werent for the fact that one of us may die, I think I could actually see myself getting along with Parker. He had the same attitude as me, the same calm looks, but deep down i knew that he was planning. Plotting, thinking of every possible scenario, just as I was. Trying to break this uneasy silence, I noted "1 stop left, then its showtime..."

But before Parker could reply to my comment, the train began to slow, and it would seem we were a lot closer to District 1 than I had thought. I looked out of the window to see the tributes. The boy was huge! He looked as if he could easily pick up the girl with one hand. The girl however, had tears down her cheeks. She looked so innocent, with he light brown hair tied in a bun, her little blue dress, she clearly was used to living a life of luxury.. Maybe she was the Mayors Daughter. "People like him.." I said towards Parker, "Do they not understand that no amount of strength can stop an arrow in flight?" a smirk came across my face This is going to be intense were the only words left inside my head as we rocketed down the tracks and towards the Capitol with all 24 tributes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+

When the train slowed to a stop, I closed my eyes and rested my head at the top of my seat. I heard Reece talking and I looked out the window. he was right. People would like the boy. He seemed to have been preparing for this all his life. He was a career. The girl won't last, I thought. She'll be too gentle, too afraid to make a move.

We were pulling into the Capital. It was amazing. Huge. It seemed too large for the planet to hold. It also seemed to do the impossible - float on water. But it didn't. There was a huge lake, and from the angle I saw it from, it seemed to float.

"Have you heard the rumors?" I asked. "About the rule changes I mean. There's been some controversy as to whether or not two winners will ever happen."

Post Thanks / Like

My eyes focused then, "Really? What bought this on?" I asked. It was crazy to think the Capitol would allow two tributes to win. It's against everything they have worked to achieve, "The Hunger Games, Last man Standing"

But somehow, just somehow, this might work... If it doesn't happen this way though, it just means one more person to fight. I haven't signed up for the Tesserae each year, despite not even needing it, for nothing. This is what I lived for, and I'll keep entering every year until I don't come back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Renegade on Google+

"I don't know. I've only heard rumors. Nothing for sure," I said. "The arena changes each year. Maybe they're changing the rules aswell."

The Capital was just a group of cowards. I highly doubted that they would allow for two tributes to win. They go to extreme lengths each year to kill twenty-three people in cold blood. To make a point. It's a game to them. Those sick bastards actually enjoy it, and the Capital makes it enjoyable for the public. I was now thinking of how to screw with their big sadistic game.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't reply, instead sat and watched Parker. "you're planning." He was, and we both knew that I was aware of it. If he was planning on ways to kill me, I welcome the challenge... If not, then I don't know.

The train grinded to a stop, and we were ushered out of the door and into the cars outside. They must have assumed that me and Parker were from the same district since we both got pushed into the same car. It started and we drive through these glorious streets. Big, tall houses with huge green gardens. Trash cans outside overflowing with perfectly good food. It was wrong that they could throw away food like this, live like this whilst there were 12 districts out there with families struggling to make ends meet. It makes me fill up with rage "if only I had my bow.." I accidentally mumble

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast