20 Years Later: A Somber Reunion (BullFinch and NeoMiniTails) - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20 Years Later: A Somber Reunion (BullFinch and NeoMiniTails)

Blog Entries

Default Re: 20 Years Later: A Somber Reunion (BullFinch and NeoMiniTails)

Rei's fingers trembled hearing his voice as she mumbled something breathily inaudible, her eyes wide with a surprising calmness.

'Let's find happiness together...' She could remember her own voice speaking to someone, comfortingly.

"Nias-san?" She finally said after a few moments of silence. "I didn't remember adding your name to my phone but... When I saw it was there, I wanted to call and see how you're doing." She smiled as she moved out of the entrance way, seeing Shuichi moving towards the door with a single rose in his hand.

Rei didn't want him to hear her conversation. "So are you still going to California or ae you already here now?"
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

Nias scooted up into a sitting position, scratching the nape of his neck with a muffled yawn as he shook his head to clear it. "We got here around three in the morning... the kids thought I should drive, so I've been asleep." He ignored Fained and Conrad's cries of 'we're not kids, old man!', cradling the phone to his ear like a lifeline. "Oregon was great, by the way... how was your cruise?"

secure yourself to heaven
    hold on tight the night has come

Blog Entries

"Oh was it?" Rei laughed as she moved to the side of the hotel away from the general population and even farther from Shuichi. "My cruise was full of free drinks..." Sarcasm filled her tongue, remembering all the men that she recieved drinks from.

At fifteen, she came to a realization that no matter how much you don't like the attention, it's much better to accept a free drink than be forced to buy one yourself. "Oh... Yeah, tomorrow is going to be the first party of my reunion party... Month. You should come... I can text you directions."
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

"Heh, I bet. Probly had guys following you about like leeches, eh?" He grinned, absently grabbing a shirt that had somehow made it's way out of his suitcase and onto the foot of the bed during the night. He sincerely hoped Fained hadn't done anything to it. "Directions would be handy," he said breathily as he tried to talk and pull the shirt on simultaneously. Holding the phone away from his ear, he shouted across the room, hoping he didn't startle the long-lost girl on the other end of the line. "Fained, you better be ready to drive!" That elicited a groan from both the shape shifter and his human, who blushed lightly when Fained's head whipped around to give him a raised eyebrow and a frown.
    "What? You suck at driving. You're great at killing, though," he hurried to say with a wince.
    Nias just sighed, putting the phone back to his ear with a chuckle. "Have you met up with anyone yet?"

Blog Entries

"Well, my friends Minako and Ami-chan are here right now... Usagi-tensei are all coming later tonight." She mumbled before noticing Shuichi come over to where she had been hiding.

"Oh, Hino-san... I thought you said you'd be waiting in the front?" His deep masculine voice spoke, it's romantic tone carrying over the phone.

Rei frowned. "Oh... Yeah, I did say that. Hey, Madriarch-san, I'll send the directions to you, alright. Gotta talk to you later." She quickly took her phone and typed the directions rather quickly and explaining the dress code.

Shuichi watched suspiciously. "Who was that, priestess?"

Rei scowled. Him calling her priestess rather than being formal meant he was annoyed, and all that meant was that they'd have a silent argument all day until she finally got mad and screamed at him.

"A good friend."

ooc: usagi-tensei means usagi and everyone else
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

Nias hummed, frowning as he heard a male voice cut in on their conversation. And when had he become Madriarch-san? He started to reply, but huffed with annoyance as a loud beep met his words. Great, she hung up. He pulled the phone away from his ear, checking the text with a raised eyebrow. Hmm... formal dress... "Hey, Conrad. You still got the map? We need to rent tuxes."
    The human and the shape shifter groaned in time.

- - -

They showed up early, of course, Fained being the insanely fast driver he was. The car screeched to a stop as Conrad greened, breathing heavily as he stumbled out of the car. Fained hopped out with a worried frown, hooking an arm around his human's shoulders and patting his back. Nias stepped out of the back, fixing his hat and tie quickly. All three were dressed in black tuxes, black shoes, and ties. However, although Nias had gone with the classic black, Fained and Conrad had managed to find obscene striped and polka-dotted ties. Nias had already rolled his eyes enough to cause a headache to bloom at the back of his mind.
    "Nice place," Fained said with an impressed whistle.

Blog Entries

Rei was talking Shuichi and Ami when she suddenly felt their aura and quickly dismissed herself to walk outside. Haruka and Michiru begun to follow her to her amazed annoyance.

The original dress she had planned on wearing got messed up as Shuichi had been pouring some wine the night before and Usagi came in and ran into him, knocking him and the red wine straight into her dress. So, being that there wasn't enough time to get another dress like that one and fitted, she wore an elegant red dress, finely addressing her curves very well.

It didn't give her much room to walk so her little quick walk was actually truly her run at this moment. Looking in the mirror, before walking outside to see Nias, she moved a wisp of hair out of her face and checked the easy-to-do bun that kept her long raven hair in check, appearing much more fancy than the time it took to do.

The priestess made some gay men go straight for a moment when she had originally first put on the dress at the store although Minako swore Rei had this planned from the beginning o ensure she'd stand out from everyone else.

Her face was more emaculate than usual, bringing out her beautiful features even more and making her appear more like a movie star at an awards show than a simple priestess living in Tokyo.

"Madriarch-kun!" Rei called out excitedly, defeating her classy look with a call of excitement. It seemed every moment, she was calling him by a different name, trying to find a name that fit him most. They all seemed too... Too... Formal.

Michiru and Haruka watched as Rei although obviously not with all her memories, she still obviously cared for the worthless demon. They frowned instantaneously, knowing they couldn't start any drama here as the priestess would severely be angered and fight them for his protection like the last time.

"You're so early! Hi Conrad and Pained.. Or Trained... Fanged... Ah, what was your name again?"
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

Conrad grinned at her appearance, bowing his head with a teasing wink. "Hello, Rei." Fained raised his hand from where it had been resting to hit the human's back as he covered it with a pleasant smile. "Fained, m'lady. Fained Mania." Nias was glad he kept his voice even and gentlemanly- Fained could be snarky as hell when he wanted to be.
    "Rei," the demon greeted with a tiny melancholy smile as his ears twitched under the rim of his fedora. His hair, usually a rat's nest of disarray, was combed back neatly, and his blue eyes glimmered with remembrance. "It's been quite some time since I've been to a place this... extravagant," he said with a chuckle.

Blog Entries

Rei smiled pleasantly, her violet eyes as expressive as her lips.

She blushed embarrassedly at Conrad then turned to his 'friend.' "Fained? I was close before, right?" She smiled while reminding herself that it started with an 'F,' so that he wouldn't have an excuse to be snarky.

The priestess stood amazed before Nias, her smiled turned to a look of genuine awe. For a moment, she felt privileged to be in his presence, a feeling that didn't come very often as she was and always had been a proud woman, never showing weakness in front of others.

The beautiful woman smiled at his words. The place was quite extravagant and her father had actually bought the whole hotel. However, she didn't claim to be part of her family's fortune as she never talked about it and never cared much for the man whom owned it all.

She did, however, save enough money to have a party three times a week while there for the three weeks and stay for a whole month.

Her father heard about it and sent her money back, claiming her last name was on the owner's lease and now that he was getting older and her grandfather died, he wanted a better relationship with his daughter.

Shuichi walked out the door. His forest green eyes met with Nias's own and he smiled expressionless.

"Ah, you must be Rei's friend?" He asked as he walked down the stairs. "Oh I'm Minamino Shuichi, just her friend and work associate."

His words seemed friendly enough but in Rei's opinion, it sounded like a jealous boyfriend which as she thought about it, all her guest were male that she invited to join her in this little venture.

A few cars and a limousine drove forward and within seconds, the senshi came piling in.

Minako paused upon seeing the demon in a fedora. "Nias-kun... Usagi, it's Nias-kun!" The glamourous blonde nearly slipped while running up the stairs to hug him. "O-M-G! I know, in a dork using computer talk but oh my god, how are you? So you're the de---I mean, guy who Rei's called me about that she was able to keep another side of him in check..."

Shuichi turned to Nias, suddenly aware of the hunter in his midst. Minako had been talking about himself but she obviously knew a lot about the male before them. His long red hair, he touched in anxious thought as he made his sudden leave because if he was a hunter then he'd know about the bounty in Reikai for his capture, the capture of the demon Kurama.

"Hino-san... I'll see you later. I just remembered I have to do something."
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

Nias choked back a snarl at the man, before something about him clicked. A demon? He almost went after him, but restrained himself as he grinned at Minako. Really, it had been so long that any annoyance he might have felt was nowhere to be found. "Minako! I have missed you," he said with a chuckle and bright blue eyes as his ears twitched happily. "Anything terribly interesting happen while I was away?"

Blog Entries

Minako laughed before her face suddenly went serious. "Nothing I can mention here..." She frowned, eyeing the outer senshi ahead of her whom stood arrogantly at the top case, namely, Haruka and Michiru.

Setsuna and Hotaru stood next to eachother, protectively keeping their hands on an object in their purse. If it wasn't a gun, it was their henshin stick. They didn't seem nearly as on the defense as the other two, then again, they neve did.

However, the outer senshi all had the same principles.

The blonde beauty smiled and nodded. "So does she remember you yet?" she asked in a tiny whisper.
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

The demon frowned, sighing as his eyes twitched over to Rei sadly. "Unfortunately, no," he murmured back. "What caused her to have amnesia?"
    Meanwhile, Fained and Conrad were leaning on each other, shoulders touching as one of Conrad's hands was always hovering close to his gun. "I don't like this, Fained," he whispered with a suspicious glance at Haruka and Michiru. "The pissy ones seem ready to attack." Fained hummed, nodding minutely as tiny threads of sliver bled into his green-gold irises. "I agree. Best be on edge, Con."

Blog Entries

Minako frowned. "After the battle with Haji and your using the golden crystal to revive Rei, it was decreed Rei would have all her memories erased however, with Rei being an esper, her memories came back over time. Of course, she is still very much different than the girl we used to know. It's like they took her true essence over something stupid..." She tried to smile but her moist eyes gave way to show her true feelings.

"Usagi-chan was told that Rei-chan got into an accident as the outers knew how she'd react." She continued as she looked and saw a beautiful, more matured appearing Usagi.

The odango-styled blonde woman smiled. "Ah my friend!" She giggled and nearly knocked over Nias in her ecstasy. "Who are your friends? My name is Chiba Usagi, that man over there is named Chiba Mamoru, my husband." She didn't seem to notice the friction between his friends and her own.

Michiru and Haruka walked down te stairs, hand in hand. "Hello guest, are your names on the list?"
    Can you hear me?

Blog Entries

Nias huffed as the girl-turned-woman tumbled into him, offering her a tiny, forced smile. "The tall greasy one is Fained, and the blond's Conrad," he said, ignoring the twos annoyed shouts at the descriptions. The demon's ears went back as Michiru and Haruka came towards them, and Fained and Conrad inconspicuously crept to his side. "Well, I don't know. Why don't you ask Rei?" His voice was positively dripping with annoyance.

Blog Entries

Rei frowned. "They're my guest. I paid for everything so yes, they are on the list." Her stern voice came forth and for a moment, Minako saw the priestess she knew.

Michiru frowned. "Rei-san, please don't get mad." She said in an overly cute voice, not matching such a mature woman, pouting her lips.

"We were just making sure they weren't causing you problems." Haruka continued her girlfriend's response as she eyed Fained, quite annoyed.

Rei turned to Nias, her eyes narrowed. "And Baka, next time---take up for yourself." Annoyed, she spoke but suddenly a smile came upon her lips upon calling him 'Idiot' and the smile widened. "Oh... That name is perfect, suits you. Is that what I called you before?"

Minako's eyes widened. "Wow, she must still think in the back of your head---you're a Baka!" She cracked up and started laughing, loud and immature laughter bursted through the glanour queen.

Ami came outside. "Being around Nias-san, Rei's memory seems to be coming back at a very fast rate. I pray it keeps going like that."

"I hope so too." Setsuna admitted.

"Eh?"

"She's lost and sad all the time now. Without her memories, she's an incomplete soul... That only desires to complete herself. Shuichi was her Nias and she knew that a human/demon was needed but chose the wrong one. Now, he's here." Hotaru answered Ami's confused state.
    Can you hear me?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast