Yu-Gi-Oh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

Default Yu-Gi-Oh

There exists a world, parallel to ours, that houses Duel Monsters, spirits that do battle. They also exist in the our world, where we do battle with them, using their card form. However, a threat has rose that may wipe out the Duel Monsters.
    In their world their exists a monster that is nearly undefeatable. Unfortunately, it was defeated by a being of great power, that controlled all darkness. It was revived by it, and turned into an undead being that gained power over time. The monster had to be defeated as quickly as possible, to completely halt the chance of it doing what its reviver wished: to destroy the world. A group of Duel Monsters have set out to defeat it.

----

So yeah.
    BATTLE SYSTEM:
    The battle system is similar to the real game: you attack, depleting the opponent's LP. The damage dealt is as simple as subtracting the ATK from the DEF. However, it comes with a twist: you can use your turn to boost your ATK and DEF to soften the blows. This can either apply to you or your allies. Abilities can also affect your foes, and LP can be recovered by using special abilities. All abilities require points (P) that is generated via rolls from this site. Post the results. You can only attack after moves have been made equal to half your monster's Level on the card rounded down - for example, a Level 7 monster must wait three posts in order to attack again.

SPELLS AND TRAPS
    The key difference is that Spell-type effects (such as those that may cure or increase ATK or DEF) can only be used by sacrificing your turn, while a Trap-type effect (such as those that may counter) can be activated in response to an opponent's attack or by using your turn. You can make up your own. Color your Spells and Traps

LEVELS
    Levels don't do much. At the beginning, they determine how much LP you start out with. After each Level Up, which is obtained every 100 XP (each enemy gives 1 XP), you can raise your LP, ATK, or DEF by 100. Choose wisely...

ATTRIBUTES
    What element a monster is aligned to. While it starts out as the same as the actual card, you can use Spells to change it. This changes would last until changed again, unless stated otherwise.
    Monsters with a superior attribute deal double damage.
    Light >< Dark (a Dark monster attacking a Light monster deals double damage, and vice-versa)
    Fire > Earth > Wind > Water > Fire
    SIGN-UP FORMS:
    Name: Simply, the monster's name. (It can be a nickname, or just the card's real name. If nickname, type what monster you actually are.)
    Appearance: Either the card's artwork, or words describing the monster's appearance.
    Stats: (I expect you to update these.)
    Level: (the printed Level, plus any level ups gained)
    Attribute: (what attribute the monster is currently aligned to)
    LP: (At the start, it's Level x 200.)
    ATK: (The monster's ATK. The same as the actual card at the start.)
    DEF: (The monster's DEF. The same as the actual card at the start.)
    Skills: (what your guy/girl can do/bring out.)

RULES:
    -BGF rules apply. Duh.
    -No godmodding. Seriously.
    -Swearing is allowed, just don't swear every post.
    -No made-up monsters.
    -Make each point cost reasonable - a Mirror Force-type effect would not be worth 2P, for example.
    -No Egyptian Gods, no Exodia (he died, for one...), no monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned or Set (or a really powerful Fusion Monster), no Blue-Eyes. Etc.
    -Respect the RPers...OOC, of course.
    If you read the rules, type your character's name in the color of the type of monster you are.

Name: Dark Magician
    Appearance:
    Level: 7
    Attribute: Dark
    LP: 1400
    ATK: 2500
    DEF: 2100
    Skills:
    Dark Magic Attack: Nullifies all effects the opponent gained. 6P
    Mirror Force: Reflects the opponent's attack at all foes. 10P
    Solemn Wish: Restores 500 LP on target each time a move is made. 5P
    Dark Magic Tome: Raises ATK by 300, and restores 1000 LP. 8P
    Last edited by Erdrick; 18th May 2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Updating rules. Thanks Sebastian.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh

Hey, if I use a monster with only one level, does that mean that it can attack or use a spell three times a turn?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

It would mean that you could attack after every time someone posted, but I don't remember any Level 1 monsters that justify the fact that they're weak...the only ones that are good can't be used.

Blog Entries

Hmm...If I set Hysteric Fairy's attack and defense at 400(The same as Kozaky's, another level 1 monster), can I set him at level 1? 'Tis my favorite card.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

It says the ATK and DEF have to be the same as the real card, but I don't see why'd you change it...

Blog Entries

'Cause that way I can get an insane amount of moves. But I could get the same amount with a level three monster, couldn't I?

Name: Tour Guide from the Underworld
    Appearance:
    Stats:
    Level: 3
    LP: 600
    ATK: 1000
    DEF: 600
    Skills:
    Round Trip: The target is removed from the battle for the user's level in rounds. They take 200 damage each round. 8P
    Tour Bus from the Underworld: Attacks the target for 1000 damage, regardless of defense. 4P
    Shadow Beam: Attacks as normal, but ignores defense and increases the target's attack by 200. 2P
    The Great Wall of Underworldl: Negates the target's attack, and does 200 damage. 3P
    Vacation: All monsters with an attack greater than their original take their level * 100 in damage.

Blog Entries

I have three questions:
    1) Does Vacation affect all people (allies and enemies)?
    2) How much does Vacation cost? and
    3) Could you increase Tour Bus' point cost a bit more? (1000 points of damage is a lot.)

Blog Entries

Actually, making a different character. He's only level three, so I'm giving him 1200 attack and 1000 defense.

Name: Eric Neutrino, Space-Time Police
    Appearance: Eric is relatively new to the time police, so he's a lot younger. Still, he wears the regulation outfit of black armor with white lines on it, and a blue cape with a red inseam. He has longish brown hair, and kind brown eyes.
    Stats: (I expect you to update these.)
    Level: (the printed Level, plus any level ups gained)
    LP: 600
    ATK: 1200
    DEF: 1000
    Skills:
    Time Splicer: Eric leaves the battle until his next turn, at which point he attacks. During this attack, his attack is doubled. 5P
    Spacial Rend: Eric attacks the foe as normal. One Dimension Counter is placed on the subject. 2P
    Gravity Hammer: Eric attacks one foe. If the foe has a Dimension counter on them, the attack does piercing damage. This attack is treated as dark attribute. 4P
    Photon Beam: The opponent is attacked as normal, +100 damage for each PSI counter on the foe. This attack is treated as light attribute. 4P.
    Plasma Grenades: Throws grenades at the foe, attacking as normally. This attack is treated as if it were of the fire attribute. 3P
    Gravity Well: The target loses 200 attack and defense for each Dimension counter.
    Dimension Cylinder: If the attacker has a Dimension counter, the attack is negated and reflected back at the attacker. 4P
    Last edited by Mitsune Haku; 19th May 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries

This is an actual card?

Blog Entries

Yeah, but I lowered it's attack, defense, and level. He's still a rookie. But I'm not done with his abilities.

Blog Entries

Could you show me the actual card?

Blog Entries

I honestly read the first post and I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Perhaps if you could explain in clearer words to me I might join?

Blog Entries

And done!

Blog Entries

To put it in simple, non-mysterious terms (the story):
    Exodia died when Zorc Necrophades killed him, and now Zorc used his influence to revive Exodia so he can destroy the world (Exodia Necross). Monsters (from Yu-Gi-Oh) are now going to kill the revived Exodia before it can gain too much power and destroy the world.
    The battle system:
    -You accumulate points that can be used for special monster abilities (like FFXIII), either based on Spells and Traps (see my sign-up) or made-up but still categorized as Spells or Traps (see: SM's sign-up). This Spells and Traps help raise and lower ATK and DEF, which you use in the actual fight, or just help you beat stuff up.
    -"Attributes" also can increase damage if you attack a monster with an inferior attribute. Light and Dark work against each other, while Fire is superior to Earth, Earth to Wind, Wind to Water, and Water to Fire. The attribute initially is the same as the real card's, but can be changed via skills.
    -Monsters can only attack after moves have happened equal to their Level rounded down - a Level 7 monster can attack after 3 posts, a Level 3 after every post, etc.
    Stats:
    -LP is intially the Level x 200
    -ATK and DEF is initially the same as on the card, save if you changed the Level, then it must be modified.
    -At each Level Up (beat 100 enemies), you can increase either the ATK, DEF, or LP by 100.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast