Welcome to the World of Pokémon ~ Kanto Edition (SIGN-UPS CLOSED - RESULTS ANNOUNCED)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the World of Pokémon ~ Kanto Edition (SIGN-UPS CLOSED - RESULTS ANNOUNCED)

Blog Entries

Exclamation Welcome to the World of Pokémon ~ Kanto Edition (SIGN-UPS CLOSED - RESULTS ANNOUNCED)

What is it?

Welcome to the World of Pokémon: Kanto Edition is Kanto the way you remember it, the world of Pokémon was fresh and new, there were 150 + 1 Pokémon, there was only one Legendary Trio, only one Evil Team, and all the aspiring Pokémon Masters gathered on the same hallowed ground: The Indigo Plateau.

This story will chronicle the journey of a small group of new Pokémon trainers as they explore the vast expanse of Kanto, challenge Gym Leaders, catch new Pokémon, make new friends, and eventually challenge the one and only Pokémon League.

Are you ready...?

The Rules

Sign-Up Form

The Sign-Up Form for WWP: Kanto consists of two separate sections: Your Trainer Profile, and your Application. Please note that, if accepted, you will be maintaining your Trainer Profile throughout the roleplay, updating it often with the most current information feasible.

Members

Tye Taylors @Guardian of Johto
    Cole Jacobson @-Gray-
    Rika Taylor @Egghatch
    Noa Alor @Lone Wolf
    Last edited by Master Mew; 15th September 2011 at 05:15 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Default Re: Welcome to the World of Pokémon ~ Kanto Edition

Name: Daemon Somera

Personality: Daemon is very short tempered and is the kind of person you don't want to anger. He prefers to do things by himself. He has a soft spot for women and will often side with them in an argument. He has no tolerance for people with no common sense. In battle he will often act through anger, and become ruthless.
    Daemon is quite a wannabe. When he meets someone he sees as cool, he will try everything to dress and act like that person. This will continue until he finally fits in with their certain clique. Despite his many different outer personalities, Daemon is actually kind of a nerd.

Appearance: Daemon has jet black hair reaching all the way down to his chin, covering his dark brown eyes. He stands at 5'4" with a medium build. He wears a dark grey, zip-up hoody over a black shortsleeve t-shirt. He wears dark blue jeans, white and grey skating shoes, and he carries around a black backpack with three clips on the left strap for his Pokéballs.

History: Born and raised in Celadon, Daemon lived a sheltered life. He never left the city, except for a few visits to family. He often dreamed of becoming a Pokémon trainer, but his parents were greatly against it. Shortly before his tenth birthday, Daemon spent hours planning his adventure, what Pokémon he would catch, what he would choose as his starter, and what route he would take through Kanto.

The day he was supposed to get his trainers liscense, his parents stopped him in his tracks, telling him there wasn't a chance he would be leaving. He was left behind as all his friends left on their adventures.

For two years Daemon constantly begged his parents to let him go, but it was to no avail. A week after his tenth birthday, Daemon snuck out of his house early in the morning, only leaving a note for his parents. He went on his way to Pallet Town where he planned to begin his journey.

Aspirations: Daemon plans to become the Indigo Plateau league champion, or at least a Gym Leader.

Starter: Bulbasaur

Current Party:
    Bulbasaur (Male)

Stored Pokémon:

Badges:

Application
    Why I Want to Join WWP: Kanto: Oldschool RPs are hard to come by, and the few I've joined quickly fizzled out after just a few pages. Despite Hoenn coming out when I was little, I always preferred Kanto and Johto over it. I barely enjoyed Sinnoh, and I hate Unova.

My Writing Style: My posts definitely aren't the longest, but I do indeed try. I often have trouble fleshing out my writing as much as the many others I've seen. I definitely do have good grammar, being a grammar Nazi...

RP Sample 1:

RP Sample 2:

Other: Master Mew is the most awesomest, awesomesauce like person I've ever met.

EDIT:After reading your section in the Hitchhiker's Guide to Roleplaying, I now know how to write longer posts, and hope to do this successfully.
    Last edited by Majin Mew; 2nd September 2011 at 09:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome to the World of Pokémon ~ Kanto Edition (SIGN-UPS OPEN)

@bpj1999

Thank you for applying! Your application has been added to the list of Potential Members. Please stay tuned as the Sign-Up Closure Date approaches (Sept. 7, 2011). Feel free to make any changes to your application between now and then if necessary. Please take this opportunity to review your application and the Original Post to determine what polishing your application may need, if any.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime.

All the Best,
    Master Mew

Name: Tye Taylors
    Personality: Personality: Tye is generally a kind and respectful person, even chivalrous. Though he doesn't always come off to be this way because he can be very tough on his Pokémon. Even if he is tough on his Pokémon he still treats them with love and definitely respect(though not publicly, as it makes him appear "soft"). He is very likable and friendly, always hoping to impress girls or make new friends.
    Appearance:

History: Grew up in Lavender town, Mom left him when his dad died in war...grew up alone with his dad's money in a warehouse on the south side. (Knows how cruel the world can be). Despite this he was able to tough it out and realize that he should be the opposite of all the suffering that he had to go through.
    Aspirations: To be one of the best trainers and to see the world.
    Starter: Charmander
    Current Party: Should only be your Starter at this point.
    Stored Pokémon: (This section should be empty for the time-being)
    Badges: (This section should be empty for the time-being)
    Application
    Why I Want to Join WWP: Kanto: I am in a few other journey's and have been looking for a lasting one, and a good one at that. You tend to run great RPs, I can only hope that I can be a part of this instalment...
    My Writing Style: I tend to write as if I were writing a story, I have generally good grammar and try and use colorful language...
    RP Sample 1:
    Rogue's Gallery: Without A Trace
    "I'm right here" Tye Taylors (better known as Haze) pulled down his hood, thus revealing himself from the previous invisibility. "Pleasure to meet you" Haze said with a nod but still a slightly hostile tone. "So what's our plan of attack?" He asked as he strode to the edge of the building and crouched down. Haze looked over the edge to the street below while pulling up his hood, thus disappearing once again. He didn't want to be seen if they were ambushed before the raid started and with his hood up he was undetectable by almost all forms of finding him(heat, vision, sonar, and even radio tracking).
    RP Sample 2:
    Until Death Do Us Part
    Tye looked out over the city from the top of the Washington Monument, "Never looked better, if I do say so myself" Tye hadn't had much else to compare it to seeing as the world had been like this since he was born. "Things are changing so fast, you know...one of these days...this is going to end in war." Tye adjusted his rifle that was mounted on his back. "And I am going to be ready" Tye had a devilish grin on his face. Tye was fast, like superhuman fast. One second he was at the top of the monument. Then he was gone, he had moved down the flights of stairs in only a few seconds. The Mercury casually strolled out the bottom of the monument.

Buck had been living in a subway tunnel for the past few years. On the door there was grim warning painted in mutant blood that read: "No Mutants". Buck laid on a couch in the tunnel that he called home, his shotgun rested on his chest. There was a scurrying noise in the darkness a few feet away. "Who's there?" there was no answer..."Whatever" He drew his gun and a bright light burst from the barrel. A now dead rat laid on the ground. "Nothing to worry about, at least it wasn't a Fader" Buck fell back to sleep with his shotgun in his hand.
    Other: Master Mew is a B0$$, Lolz
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

@Guardian of Johto

Thank you for applying! Your application has been added to the list of Potential Members. Please stay tuned as the Sign-Up Closure Date approaches (Sept. 7, 2011). Feel free to make any changes to your application between now and then if necessary. Please take this opportunity to review your application and the Original Post to determine what polishing your application may need, if any.

All the Best,
    Master Mew

Blog Entries

Name: Luke Lecarde

Personality: Luke is a fun-loving and mischievous prankster. But he is also nice, loyal and brave enough to be willing to fight for his friends and his families. He likes to play pranks, and is also quite a pickpocket. He takes these traits from his families, the Lecardes. Because of his mischievous ways, he's not on good terms with some people. He's a pretty nice guy, but one should always keep one hand on your wallet when he's around and never give him access to shaving cream unless you want to find your sleeping bag full of it.

Appearance: Luke is described as a tall, handsome with short-cropped sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, athletic-looking, and has a sneaky look like his brothers and all Lecarde families, but good-looking features. Many girls are attracted to him, and the only thing not attractive on Luke is a thick, deep pale scar that runs from the bottom of his eye down to his chin. It is said that the scar was created by a Scyther. He got a sarcastic smile and a gleam in his eyes. He love to wear his blue T-shirt with 'I Love Game Corner' written in white, Jeans, and a pair of black converse with blue lace.

History: Luke was a boy who believes in Kick butt first, ask questions later. This boy was born and raised in Vermillion City, in a not-so-fancy cottage near the beach. He has 2 brother and a sister, and they all looks alike. Luke's father, Lucas Lecarde, works as a frontier brain in Sinnoh. Luke dreamed to be as skillful as his father, and thus, he begged his mom to let him travel across Kanto. At first, his mom won't let him go because she thinks its too dangerous, but Luke is a clever boy, he wrote a fake letter that says his father let him go on his journey, and luckily, his mom believes that the letter is from his husband.

Aspirations: Elite Four

Starter: Charmander (Male. Nicknamed Vulcan.)

Current Party: Charmander

Stored Pokémon:

Badges:

----

Why I Want to Join WWP: Kanto: Because, all the journey RP I've joined die out so quickly, and Kanto is my second favorite region ever. Also, you're a good GM, and I know all of your RP managed to reach more than thousand posts, that's why I joined the RP.

My Writing Style: well, I'm not the best roleplayer you'll see, since english isn't my first language and I'm not that good with Grammar. However, I will try my best to be as descriptive as possible.

RP Sample 1:

RP Sample 2:

Other: Master Mew is sooo awesome.

Blog Entries

@Junpei

All the Best,
    Master Mew

Blog Entries

Trainer Profile

Name:
    Cole Jacobson

Personality:
    Cole has a more... interesting personality than most, as you'll see.

Cole considers himself a bit of a loner, although he has met plenty of people more introverted than himself. He prefers the company of a book or his laptop to the company of a large group of people, and sometimes gets pretty short-tempered when in the middle of a large crowd, so be careful if you see him in public. Cole also has a bit of a silver tongue, and can manipulate people with words. However, this silver tongue turns to lead when Cole is afraid and acid when he's angry, giving the impression of three different personalities.

First, there's cunning, manipulative Cole Jacobson, modest and slightly charming, as well as mysterious. He generally stays away from crowds and stays calm in even the most dangerous situations. He's a good leader and pretty strategic for someone of his age, and can inspire confidence in those around him.

Second, there's quiet, quick-to-flee Cole. He generally tries to stay clear of any awkward situation and diverts attention from himself in any way possible, whether it's changing the subject or rushing into a different room for a few minutes. Because of this, Cole is considered slightly shady, always avoiding conversations when possible. Even when he has to talk, Cole tends to leave the actual talking to someone else, although he listens attentively.

Finally, there's bold, quick-tempered Cole. He gets carried away in conversations, which generally makes chitchat deteriorate slowly into an argument. This personality slightly enjoys conflict, and will listen in and laugh softly at any argument. This version of Cole is the rarest, as he tries to keep out of arguments of any kind.

Cole is mortally afraid of heights, although sometimes this fear drives him to explore the highest areas possible. Contradictory, I know. He is extremely intelligent, and is the kind of person who would stop and think before rushing into a potentially dangerous or awkward situation.

Appearance:
    Cole is slightly tall for his age, enough so that he gives off a slightly commanding aura. He is extremely thin, with no trace of fat anywhere on his body. You could literally count his ribs through his skin, and nearly every bone of his is visible from outside. No matter how much Cole eats, he never seems to put on much more weight or get any fatter. Believe me, he's tried. Cole has a slightly pale complexion that gets even paler when he's afraid. Because of Cole's thinness, his face appears slightly bony and prominent.

Cole has somewhat short dark brown hair. In the winter his hair appears black, although if you look closely you can see that it is still just an extremely dark brown. Cole's hair grows relatively fast in the front, so his eyes are normally covered a little by his hair. Cole does nothing to keep his hair out of his eyes, although as a small child he used to. Cole stopped once he realized how idiotic it looked to have his entire forehead exposed.

Cole has pure brown eyes that are several shades lighter than his hair. It's rumored that a single glare from Cole's eyes can quiet a whole room, although he tries his best to dispel these rumors. He's never said that it isn't true, though. Cole's eyes also almost radiate intelligence, and no one could ever guess how short-sighted he is. Cole normally wears glasses, although from time to time you might see him wearing contacts or neither.

As for clothing, Cole wears jeans and a black shirt, as well as a leather jacket and belt. He has a plain watch on his left wrist and wears a leather necklace with a Fire Stone on the end around his neck.

History:
    Cole was born in Saffron City, Kanto, the capital of the region. His father's side of the family was an almost endless line of doctors, lawyers, engineers, scientists, you name it. His father himself was a Sliph Co. executive, similar to many of his ancestors over the years.

His mother's line, on the other hand, was almost the polar opposite. Her family had always been musicians, poets, authors, Breeders, and artists, trying to make the world a more colorful place to live in. She was an author, and had written several romance and fantasy novels, almost all of which had been bestsellers. That was actually how Cole's mother and father met, when she had come to Saffron for a book signing.

If you ever ask Cole whose side he inherited more attributes from, it's pretty obvious that the answer is his dad. He was always very intelligent, and constantly aced any sort of test or assignment the public schools could throw at him. Upon seeing this, Cole's father sent him away to a private boarding school in Celadon, where he learned more in a month than he would have in a year elsewhere. Also something that sparked his interest there was Pokemon battles, and the planning and strategy that went into them. He decided he wanted to become a trainer, but knew that his schooling was more important and waited until he finished high school.

Cole, disappointed by the lack of quality colleges in Kanto, decided he would wait until a later date to go to college and instead focus on becoming a Gym Leader. Thus, he set off on a journey that would start in Pallet Town and end in the Indigo Plateau, and nothing would stop him.

Nothing at all.

Aspirations:
    League Champion, Gym Leader

Starter:
    Charmander

Current Party:
    Charmander (Jay) *Male*
    Stored Pokémon:
    N/A

Badges:
    N/A

Application

Why I Want to Join WWP: Kanto:
    I want to join WWP: Kanto because, unlike most journey RPs, I truly feel that this one might last for the entire thing. And, of course, because you're the GM and every other RP by you that I've joined has turned out amazing.

My Writing Style:
    My writing, while not always the most eloquent, is something I take a good amount of pride in. I'm a bit of a grammer nazi, meaning that I visible wince when someone uses horrible spelling or writes in text-speak. And while I'm also not the best RPer on this site I like to think that I know how to use words in a way that makes them fun or interesting to read.

RP Sample 1:

RP Sample 2:

Other:
    MM, you are amazing.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Name:Jessie Huber
    Personality:She is quite shy and won't speak up much if she's surrounded by boys(but she will make a statement if she needs too.)She loves pokemon and hopes to fufill her dream of becoming a world know pokemon breeder!
    Appearance:She is your average 12 year old hieght with long, lovely, dirty blonde hair. She likes to wear leggings under jean shorts with colorful tops with colorful scarves.
    History:Born in Pewter, city grew up with her father as a pokemon breeder.She too loved pokemon and ever scince she could remember she wanted to be a breeder just like her father.
    Aspirations:Breeding
    Stater:Charmander
    Other:I wish to join because my favorite to play was the Kanto reigon games when all the new DS versions came out.(And yes, I have read some of Master Mew's RPG and I like them so yes, he is awesome.)

From beyond the stars Clefabled's Avatar

Do we have to use a starter? I don't really have a problem but I hate having the same pokemon as other people and I REALLY like Cleffa/Clefairy as a starter

Clefabled
    Vdex
    Neopets
    Bulbapedia

Blog Entries

@-Gray-

@lkpkzbfangirl

Your Sign-Up is incomplete, please add the missing fields before the Sign-Up Closure Date to be considered for approval.

@Clefabled

Yes, a standard starter is required. Don't worry, though, you won't have the "same" Pokémon as everyone else, every Pokémon has its own distinct personality and characteristics that make it unique. Plus, you'll be catching tons of other 'mons later on, I'm sure.

All the Best,
    Master Mew

Name:Jessie Huber

Personality:She is quite shy and won't speak up much if she's surrounded by boys(but she will make a statement if she needs too.)She loves pokemon and hopes to fufill her dream of becoming a world know pokemon breeder!

Appearance:She is your average 12 year old hieght with long, lovely, dirty blonde hair. She likes to wear leggings under jean shorts with colorful tops with colorful scarves.

History:Born in Pewter, city grew up with her father as a pokemon breeder.She too loved pokemon and ever scince she could remember she wanted to be a breeder just like her father.

Aspirations:Breeding

Stater:Charmander

Current party:Charmander(Juliann) female

Stored pokemon:n/a

Badges:n/a

Other:I wish to join because my favorite to play was the Kanto reigon games when all the new DS versions came out.(And yes, I have read some of Master Mew's RPG and I like them so yes, he is awesome.)
    Last edited by lkpkzbfangirl; 3rd September 2011 at 09:59 AM.

From beyond the stars Clefabled's Avatar

(INSERT EMOTICON THAT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE)
    Name: Alex Luveux

Personality: He is a generally grumpy person, who can be pessimistic and put down ideas. He can be cheery and helpful when he wants to be, but that is mostly when hes around girls. He cares deeply for pokemon, but people not so much. His best friend is Coal. Alex is mostly a ruffian sort of person, who thinks problems will only be solved by taking action (or punching someone), and just talking about something wont do anything. He is terrified of large bugs and pokemon with sharp claws because of this he holds his scar when he sees one.

Appearance:

Height: 6'6
    Weight: 141 lbs
    Eyes: Cyan
    Hair: Jet Black and spiky
    Top: Black V-neck with a large purple X on the front
    Bottom: Dark blue skinny jeans with a pair of purple converse
    Voice: Jagged toned english with a small french accent.
    Skin: Pale in winter, Tan in Summer
    Extra: Pierced eyebrow, scar up right arm

History: Alex was born in the Azalea Town, and his mother quickly moved them to Cinnibar Island to get away from his father. He was never allowed to go anywhere alone and was accompanied on their occasional vacations. Alex's mother is very over-protective and she would never let him leave home without her. At age 16 years old, she finally allowed him to leave on an adventure; BUT, under one condition, He must call regularly, and he must not talk to strangers. He is very well known around a few cities in Kanto and has a reputation for being the "Mr. Downer" in Cinnibar Island. He has a tight bond with his pokemon and they rarely give up. Try not to ask him about the scar on his arm.

Aspirations: Alex's biggest dream is to become a gym leader, as his mother was once a flying type gym leader and he wants to be like her one day.

Starter: A male Charmander named Coal

Current Party:

Stored Pokémon: n/a

Badges: n/a

Application

Why I Want to Join WWP: Kanto: Because it doesn't look too over-packed, kanto is a region I know like the back of my hand, and roleplaying is something I like to do on Neopets, although I have never done it here.

My Writing Style: Shortish but detailed/Third person limited

Other: I'm the best applicant because clearly, if someone like me loves a cute pink pokemon(Clefairy) as much as you love a cute pink pokemon(Mew) then obviously it was meant to be.
    Last edited by Clefabled; 3rd September 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Clefabled
    Vdex
    Neopets
    Bulbapedia

Blog Entries

Follow Egghatch on Tumblr Visit Egghatch's Youtube Channel

Trainer Profile

Name: Rika Taylor (Named after one of my favorite singers and Ash/Satoshi's voice actress, Rica Matsumoto, and Veronica Taylor, who played him in the 4kids dub. )

Personality: She's somewhat cautious and always observant of her surroundings. She loves Pokémon, but is scared to death of Bug-types- especially Beedrill. She's usually quite friendly and will always stand by her own opinions. However, she can get extremely nervous around boys if she likes them. In addition to that, she is a good leader and skilled at karate. She is very intelligent, especially when it comes to anything regarding Pokémon. Her hobbies include exploring and playing with her pet Vulpix. She has dreamed of setting out on a Pokémon journey since she was very young, but her over-protective parents wouldn't let her until she turned thirteen.

Appearance: She has bright blue eyes, straight dark brown hair streaked with purple and green, and pale skin. She's slightly short for her age and rather thin. She usually wears baggy polyester shorts, black or gray sweatshirts, T-shirts, and black sneakers. She also wears green fingerless gloves, a gold pendant necklace, and a faded brown messenger bag.

History: Her fear of Bug types stems from narrowly avoiding a Beedrill attack while walking through Viridian Forest at the age of eight. Since then, she's also become much more aware of her surroundings. Constantly getting beaten up by her older brother led her to sign up for karate. She's lived in Viridian City her whole life and wants to explore the world.

Aspirations: Pokémon Master

Starter: Squirtle

Current Party:

Stored Pokémon:

Badges:

Application

Why I Want to Join WWP: Kanto: I like Kanto, and while looking for an RP to join, this was one of the first I saw.

My Writing Style: Descriptive; third-person limited

RP Sample 1: (This is from the first and only RP I've been in before this one. It was a private RP with one of my friends.)
    Destiny nodded.
    "Pichu, electrocute it!" she commanded her Pokémon. Pichu jumped off her shoulder and hit the Wurmple with a ThunderShock. Although weakened, Wurmple retaliated with a Poison Sting. Afterward, Destiny grabbed a Poké Ball out of her bag.
    "Hold on, Pichu!" Destiny shouted before gracefully throwing the ball. It hit Wurmple, who turned into red energy and was sucked inside. Destiny's heart pounded as the ball shook, signifying Wurmple's attempt to escape. Fifteen agonizing seconds later, the button on the Poké Ball flashed red.
    "YES!" Destiny screamed triumphantly. "I DID IT! I CAUGHT A POKÉMON!"

RP Sample 2: (From the same RP)
    Pichu didn't seem to be doing well either; she fell to the floor and fell asleep. This was the last thing Destiny noticed before blacking out for a bit. When she woke up, she still felt dizzy, in addition to feeling detached from her surroundings and seeing everything with a bluish tint.

Other:
    Last edited by Egghatch; 10th September 2011 at 06:58 PM.
    Floop.

Hey MM, I will try and have my SU posted tomorrow. I'm just making some finishing touches and things and I will edit this post tomorrow or the day after :)
    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Only_Emma/MGGW2.png
    Credit to the awesome EmBreon for the siggy. Get one for yourself here!
    Used to be MidnightGhost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast