The Way It Was (The Last Of Us RPG)

Thread: The Way It Was (The Last Of Us RPG)

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

Default The Way It Was (The Last Of Us RPG)

The Way It Was
    -The Last Of Us Role Playing Game

This game is intended for mature audiences

Scientists still struggle to understand the strange fungal infection that is spreading across the south. Admittance lines outside the Lake Pointe Medical Center in Rowlett, Texas stretch around the hospital. The President of the United States has ordered the National Guard to cities across the southern states to quell riots breaking out among tense citizens waiting days to see a Doctor.

Living away from the major cities, you have ignored the paranoia and fear revolving around the pandemic. Ywake up on a brisk Saturday morning. The family is home, school is out, and autumn is just dawning across the neighborhood. The annual end of summer barbecue is in full swing.

The hum of planes flying overhead, Sunday promises a memorable football. The scent of burning pork slung on the rack of a well worn grill. This is what you live for.

One peaceful day. Your last day with a clean conscience.

You will be The Last Of Us. You will be burdened by each choice you make. Everyone has a family. And in every family, we are bound by the secrets we keep, especially the ones we keep from each other. As the infection inevitably takes hold across the nation, your secrets and your lives will unravel.

You will shape this world, you will come to lead resistances, or descend into madness. Every choice you make will have irreversible consequences. If you want to survive, you’ll have to find a new way to live.

No knowledge of the critically acclaimed survival game is required to play in this RPG. This is a world of our own design, the players are the stars and protagonists.

I will begin the game when I feel we have enough players. You will live in a house on Arden Court, in Rowlett, Texas. The game starts during the day, before the outbreak.

PREVIOUSLY....

Major events in this RPG are split by Episodes. Much like a T.V. series or comic book. Before the start of a new Episode I will pause the game, post a recap, and then start the next Episode. New players are always welcome, and these recaps are an invitation to check us out, see what has happened, and know that they won't feel lost.

APPROVED CHARACTERS

All approved character sheets will be linked here.

OOC & DISCUSSION THREAD

The Way It Was will be different from the game in several factors, but I won't spoil the fun for you. If you wish to learn more in-depth information about the world we're playing in, or just want to sit about and talk between waiting for replies from another player, then check out this handy thread for all your OOC needs!

The Way It Was- OOC & Discussion Thread
    Last edited by Red; 24th June 2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Way It Was (The Last Of Us RPG)

RULES & GUIDELINES

Please read all rules thoroughly. Do not hesitate to private message me with any questions. You may also instant message me at GregWan21, on AIM.

1. I am the law. The Game Master has final word during the course of this RPG. I may kill your characters, or state that your character has a specific secret that you didn’t intend for. This is to suit and shape the story. You will know of these events before they happen by PM.

2. You are not invincible. This is the real world. You will not escape every conflict unscathed. You are not omniscient. If your character wasn’t around to witness something, then you don’t know it. Basically, no god-modding.

3. You are not to control another player’s character. You must have both mine and their approval before you can.

4. If you join, then please intend to play. An RPG thrives on the interaction and discourse of the player base. I often times suggest players subscribe to the game thread so they might be kept abreast of activity.

5. If you must take a leave of absence, please inform me by PM. If you intend to return within a reasonable timeframe and wish to continue playing, then perhaps we can work something out to keep your character on the benches.

6. Please use the IC: (In-Character), and TAG: (to tag another player you are interacting with) system when playing this RPG. This allows everyone an immediate knowledge of you, where you are, and what you’re doing. So a post would therefore look like this;

IC: John Reese
    At the barbecue

Wall of in-game text.

TAG: Harold Finch

7. Keep posts at a reasonable length. I’m not a hard ass, and I do not expect several paragraphs, but keep it meaty. Please no single line of text posts unless you literally have no other option.

8. Original Characters only. You are not allowed to be connected in any way to characters established in The Last Of Us. This is a chance to live in an exciting, dangerous world. Create your characters, have faith in what you make.

9. Be respectful of other players. I will not tolerate hateful or harassing comments.

Thank you for taking the time to read these rules. It ensures the survivability and cooperation of the player base. So, please, have fun and enjoy the game!

CHARACTER SHEET

Submit all Character Sheets by Private Message. Only APPROVED Character Sheets should appear in this thread.

Welcome! If you’ve made it this far then you’re interested in the pot I’m stirring. Players are only allowed one primary character. This will be your protagonist. Now, obviously you are allowed a family, whether it’s wife and kids, or just newlyweds, I expect sheets to tell me about your family.

You will choose a member from this family to act as your avatar, so to speak. This also gives you a bench of possible characters to use as replacements in the event that you die. So consider who you’re creating, this is someone you’ll be living as for the duration of this game.

NAME:

ETHNICITY:
    PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: This includes your height, weight, eyes, hair, scars. Your whole body image.
    CLOTHING:

TRANSPORTATION: What kind of vehicle does your family use? How many do you have? Be realistic and reasonable to the family you have created.
    PERSONALITY: What kind of person are you?

PERSONAL HISTORY: Tell us about yourself. Like; where are you from originally. What’s your career, who are you? Just a student, an odd job after school? A work at home type? What have you done in your life? Be detailed. Let me know who you are.
    FAMILY HISTORY: Do you have a family? Are you married? Tell us about your spouse, your kids, and any other information about who is living in that house with you. It’s important to be diverse and unique, but I expect a well of families to use and abuse.

So, once again, thank you for taking the time to browse my RPG. I know there are alot of hobbies and games that warrant attention on a daily basis, maybe you'll give mine a shot. Have fun.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?