Tamed creatures are those that are trained to coexist with people. They are, normally, non-volatile and capable of being handled by those who have them. These creatures have varying levels of strength, but tend to be weaker than most of the higher classes of Feral.
A Feral creature is a creature that is completely untamed. They live almost exclusively in the Lyusian Fields, where they roam freely. All Feral that come within 20 miles of the school are immediately captured and/or terminated on sight, so as to prevent them from attacking students. They usually range from different levels of volatility, but they're all dangerous in their own ways. Feral are never to be brought into the school without the consent of the Animal and Wildlife Research Department of Vanguard Academia. The strength and danger of a Feral is labelled by its energy signature, which can be seen by use of special tracking magic. Only those who wish to gain this magic can see energy levels.
- Blue Feral - Lowest level. They are non-volatile, weak creatures.
- Green Feral - Second lowest level. They tend to be passive-aggressive creatures, only attacking once they are disturbed.
- Gold Feral - The middle level. They begin to be volatile around this level, only attacking once their territory is invaded.
- Red Feral - Second highest level. They are fairly volatile by this point. They attack normally once their territories are invaded or if they have become hungry.
- White Feral - The highest level. These are extremely powerful creatures that tend to be extensively violent. They are very prone to attacking upon seeing a target, and are sometimes relentless in their pursuit. They are rare only to the farthest parts of the Lyusian Fields, going towards the Ring of Fire.
Special creatures that reside in the Vanguard Campus and the Lyusian Fields. They are powerful White Feral-level creatures with links to the coalitions, themselves. These creatures are the Black Dragon, Volcano Lion, Forest Basilisk, and Cloud Hawk. Currently having no names, they watch over the student body and work to make sure none of them are harmed. Though there can be some that take the creatures with them, this is a highly unlikely event.
The sentinels are man-made creatures that watch over the students along with the Guardians. They are 30 foot tall, animated marble statues that attack with various weapons. The different sentinels range from the Archer, Knight, and Blaster Sentinels. The first of which uses bows and arrows, the second uses a sword and shield, while the final utilizes cannons. These sentinels are incredibly tough to destroy with magic, due to being powered by magic-resistant runes. The only known way to defeat them is through the use of forbidden magic.
A special breed of creature, which are wrought from Hell itself. They are many times more powerful than a Feral, and are always volatile and quite deadly. They range in many sizes, which denotes their power. The smallest have been recorded to being under one foot, while the tallest have been shown as towering over 150 feet in height. However, there is proof of many existing that are much taller. They are the rarest form of creature, and are not capable of being in existence without a Hell Gate being opened.