Vanguard Academia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanguard Academia

Yun
    Blog Entries

Default Vanguard Academia

VANGUARD ACADEMIA

Time for a new idea.

Vanguard Academia. A non-Pokemon style academy RP. The world of Vanguard Academia revolves around the titular bastion and the student's adventures. There are many forces within Vanguard, ranging on both sides of the morality scale. From magic to mythologies to demons, nothing is impossible in this grand universe.

In a world of limitless possibility, love and loss, creation and destruction, and most of all; light and darkness, the only thing stopping you is you, yourself. You, a personification of uniqueness, are the soul of this school.

Vanguard Academia - Layout and Scaling

Vanguard Academia - Creatures

Vanguard Academia - Coalitions

Vanguard Academia - Rules of the School

Vanguard Academia - Tome of Forbidden Magic

Vanguard Academia - Teachings and Lessons

Vanguard Academia - Student Rankings

------------
    Rules of the RP

Sign-Ups

What Vanguard Academia needs is 5 teachers. The number of students required will be reached upon my word.

Staff - 1
    Teachers - 2
    Students - 3

For more information, contact Yun. For clarification and a confirmation on the subjects for a teacher sign-up, contact me as well.
    Last edited by Yun; 5th October 2012 at 06:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Vanguard Academia

I think I might try this, mind if I create a teacher and a student?

Name: Ruby Woods

Sexuality: Straight (But has been known to go for the other side)

Personality: Ruby is known as a very flirty person, and also is sleeps with men before leaving them to chase after some other guy or dream. She has quite a bit of commitment issues and never plans on settling down, already four children she never sees or talks to, which has people viewing her as a very bad mother, although she gave up the custody years ago, all of them in foster homes. Despite all of this, Ruby can be seen as a person with a good heart and tries to help people, but she is too sexually obsessed. Ruby also has a thing for ancient mythology, and her favorite Goddess being Aphrodite for obvious reasons.

Appearance: Despite her age, Ruby looks younger then forty, more like she could be in her early thirties, she has a skinny body despite having four children, nobody is really sure how she does it. She is also considered hot which in Ruby's favor, works out for her. She has long black hair, light blue eyes and pale skin, she stands about 5'7 tall. Often Ruby wears black clothes, a leather black jacket or she will wear whatever might attract a guy.

History: Ruby was born to her parents Lily Woods and Barry Gunther, however it wasn't the way one would think. Ruby's father had raped her mother, resulting in Ruby, due to this Lily had given up her daughter and Ruby never heard from them again, and presumed they were both dead. She was placed in a foster home and grew up badly, when she reached 13 Ruby suffered the same fate as her mother, she was raped and fell pregnant, her foster home believed it was her fault and kicked her out, so Ruby was sent to another family who accept her. Ruby gave up the child, not wanting him, Angus Woods and pretended it never happened.

Ruby tried doing this by becoming the dominant one in a relationship, and having control over a man makes her feel more powerful then she did back then. Unforunetly Ruby's luck was really bad, as she slept around when she turned 16 and gave birth to another son, named Joel Woods. This time Ruby bounced to another foster home and school due to this. She gave up this son as well, believing he would ruin her life. Ruby is apparently very fertile. Ruby tried focusing on other things instead of sex, like school but nothing interested her until she came across Mythology of Greece, Egypt and other things. She was fascinated and also became a fan of the open oceans.

Once Ruby graduated and went to University, she started finding herself attracted to another man, named John Holden, who was on his way in becoming a police officer, and Ruby had a thing for men in uniform. Once she got in a relationship with him she fell pregnant again, to Nick Woods before leaving him with John, and his girlfriend Rachel Witherspoon, who was led to believe it was their adopted son, even though Nick wouldn't know for years who he really was.

Ruby decided to study teaching, and again tried giving up sex, it happened for a while and she managed to graduate University, Ruby believed it was thanks to her interest in Ancient History and Mythology, and all the studying kept her focused on another plan. At 24 Ruby discovered she had a power, to able to control people and their actions, however it wasn't very strong or successful, as time went on Ruby would become stronger but not completely.

After her 25th birthday Ruby came found a man named John Holden, a guy she found herself really attractive to, this time they begun a serious relationship until Ruby fell pregnant, once she gave birth to a girl named Nikki Woods, she became scared and dumped the child on Jeff, she left again and at 27, slept with a random guy before falling pregnant again, she was so sure she was using protection, as the two years before she was fine. So she had a daughter named Amelia Woods, and left her with her father as well.

Ruby was tired, while she loved having sex and casual encounters with guys, she didn't want to be pregnant again. And she was beginning to feel like her life was at a turning point. She hated who she was and tried changing it. So she searched for teaching jobs, trying to distract herself. But it didn't work as when she turned thirty. Ruby had plenty sexual encounters since then but hadn't fallen pregnant yet.

She got a short teaching job at an Academy named Amberstone Academy, but too much weird stuff had gone out so Ruby left it. Ten years later and she was employed at Vanguard, Ruby only hoped that her kids would never come to this Academy, too ashamed and scared to ever face them.

Subject Name: Ancient Mythology
    Subject Description: Learning about Ancient Mythology such as Greek and Egypt, studying and exploring their roots.

Abilities: Ruby is able to control people like a puppet, making them do things they don't want to. (I didn't see this part on the Forbidden Magic part, if it is or I missed it, I can change it).
    - Advantages: 1. Ruby is able to fully control weaker people (Minus the powers) and use them against others. 2. She is able to control from long distances, so she often hides so it's harder for others to stop her.

- Disadvantages: 1. Anyone more powerful then Ruby it works less and less on, or even not at all. 2. It can cause strain to her body making Ruby more tired, and she is open for attack as usually she is concreting, when attacked she will lose control. She also can't use their magic or anything like that.

Weapon: Gun, Knife (Ruby holds them not for herself, but for anyone she is controlling so she has a better chance of victory.
    Skills: Ruby doesn't have very much other skills, she isn't able to fight properly, she can use a gun or a knife well though.

I know this SU isn't exactly um best character in the world, she's actually based on a character from a story of mine (Actually half of mine are, remember Stephanie? Same story:P). There won't be much of the second base going on, (And it would depend on the male teachers there). And do you want me to change the ability? Again it doesn't say Puppet Master abilities can't be used (I made it so she isn't able to use their magic anyways, I think in my story she can't anyways, same ability though).

I will write a student, if that's okay but atm kinda a bit tired (Writing in two RPs non stop, while this was open in another page XD, I just finished it after an hour). Also in the other story let's just say Ruby has plenty more kids (She's also 60, so this is like a 40 year old version, twenty years before she settles down for real), so don't be alarmed by the amount of kids, for the sake of this RP I decided to tone it down haha.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have I ever mentioned how fascinating your RPs tend to be? Reserve me a teacher and a student spot, please?

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: John Uthridge
    Sexuality: Straight

Personality: John is kind, and tries to get on with people most of the time. He values integrity over subtleness and honour over survival. He has a fierce temper that is difficult to disturb. He is intelligent until his emotions take control, after which point he loses his rationality.

Appearance: Tall, at 6'3", and well built, he has a brown fringe and blue eyes. He doesn't care much for clothes and in his free time will usually wear just jeans and T-Shirt

History: Born to a middle class family, John grew up with a certain amount of innocence. When he started to grow up the innocence turned into his current integrity and sense of right and wrong.

Abilities: Use of magic (Fire and Wind magic ) and Animal Transformation (he can transform into a bear, a lion or a wolf)
    - Advantages: Fighting becomes a major strength, and convenience.

-Disadvantages: He loses control of his powers when he becomes angry. Also, he feels hangover-like symptoms after using too much magic

Weapon: Axes, both throwing and combat
    Skills: John has a powerful swing and throw, with an unnatural accuracy. Due to his strength he can move a hefty battleaxe quickly.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Oh my god, that was... quick xD

@Agent Gryphon;
    Actually, that power comes dangerously close to hypnotism, which is on the list. But, if it's simply a marionette effect - which is essentially just using the person as a live puppet to do her bidding, and resistance from the controlled party can be seen and attempted, she could pass it off as being pretty close to the Forbidden Magic, but not quite there. If this is the case, then accepted.

And, no problem about the Student Sign-Up. Simply get to it when you have the time ^^

@Renewal;
    Aw, thank's dude~ Reserved.

@AlphaMouse;
    Now, while your powers are (much like Gryph's) coming dangerously close to Forbidden Magic, what with you needing only one more element for it to be illegal, I will accept it if you take off one element ^^;

As for the rest? Accepted, once that has been edited.

Blog Entries

Ah, I was wondering if it could be connected to that as well, in the story it isn't like that, but in this RP it can be:), exactly what you said is cool for her.

I was gonna originally going to make a daughter of Ruby be there, but I dunno, the age I wanted wouldn't match up with the daughter, so they won't be related./
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Alright then. Consider it Accepted. @Agent Gryphon;

Yun
    Blog Entries

Name
    Lucille Lockhart

Sexuality
    Bisexual

Personality
    Lucille, often called Lucy, is the headmistress of the Vanguard. She has a noticeably serious, but rather lenient outlook on how the school should be run. No matter the problem, she always wants it to be resolved effectively. Violence is never her first reaction, but she will most definitely resort to it if the situation calls for it. Lucille, despite her young age, has a very large sense of responsibility that stems from her position. As such, she has entrusted the safety of the entire school's sanctity on herself. Many often call her scary and anti-social, but deep down she feels as though that the entire fate of the school rests in her hands. Due to this, any mistake made by her will take its toll on her happiness.

Appearance
    Picture Reference.

Lucille is a very beautiful woman, being up to 5'7" in height and having curvature in all of the correct places. While thin due to training herself, she is not very muscular; thus, her overall strength level is not up to par with many teachers. She has long, silvery-blonde hair cascading in a waterfall down her back, with sapphire blue eyes.

History
    Will be revealed throughout the course of the RP.

Subject Name
    Headmistress

Subject Description
    Administrator and Facilitator of Vanguard.

Abilities
    Will be revealed throughout the course of the RP. Many teachers have stated, however, that her energy is actually strong enough to nearly suffocate some.

Weapon
    Midnight black nodachi.

Skills
    Master strategist and magic-user.
    Last edited by Yun; 2nd October 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Name: Kairi Vermillion
    Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Kairi is a kindhearted and charismatic girl who is unafraid to speak her mind, Kairi will be unafraid to speak out against an injustice or unfairnes when she feels it is so. Kairi is also very loyal when it comes to her friends and family, and has a hard time trusting people who were mean to her in the past or who have betrayed her in some way. Kairi is strong and stubborn and will jump into without thinking about herself or others. She loves candy, her favorites being lollipops, small chocolates, and peppermint candy.
    Appearance: Kairi stands at 5,1 and weighs 105 Lbs. She is rather slim and is fairly flat chested for a girl. Her skin is pale with her being auburn and coming down to the bottom of the back of her neck and bangs that come just below her eyebrows with bright blue eyes. Kairi typically wears white short sleeved blouse with a navy skirt and matching combat boots. She can summon a pair of large silver pistols to defend herself

History: Kairi was born into the wealthy family of Vermillion, a family of very powerful sorcerers and warriors. She was beloved by her parents and friends and she enjoyed that. One day when playing in the woods by her manor, she was attacked by a strange monster when two large pistols came to her, which she used to defend herself and come out alive. On the same day, her father was arrested for murdering a senator who had threatened to hurt the Vermillion family, falling from grace. The Vermillion family slowly sank down to poverty. In an attempted to restore her family's reputation, she enrolled into Vanguard Academy to show that they weren't just going to disappear.

Abilities: Kairi is very physically fit from training in close range combat and is an expert marksman with her pair of guns called Artemis. Using magic, the guns never run out of bullets. Each gun can fire up to 5 rounds a second, adding up to 10 rounds a second. Also using magic, she can combine the two guns into a large machine gun, a bazooka, and a rocket launcher.
    - Advantages: She can hit enemies from a distance and can employ them in close combat situations with her decent acrobatics and agility. Do to there size, she can also use Artemis as a melee weapon so smack her foes.
    - Disadvantages: While she's a strong gun slinger and very agile, she has no way of doing any damage without Artemis. Meaning if she's stripped of them, she's defenseless.
    Weapon: Artemis (Her pair of large silver pistols.)
    Skills: She's a decent artist and has very good eye sight, being able to see things from a distance. Artemis struggles at mathmatics though.
    Last edited by Naoto; 1st October 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Wild Candy;

A small distortion of space. Sorry, but uh... Space magic isn't allowed.
    Last edited by Yun; 1st October 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Blog Entries

@Yun; edited, she's no longer capable of distorting space.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Edited, I didn't realise that the major elements that you were refering to were the Big Four

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Wild Candy; Thanks. Accepted

@AlphaMouse;

Total Elemental Control - Embodies the ability to be capable of using all forms of elements, including the main elements. It also includes having absolute control over things in nature.
    Well, it kinda says it. But then again, no harm has been done at all. Accepted

Blog Entries

I'll finish this soon. On that note, everyone's getting the same class schedule, right?

Name: Vance von Vadermort
    Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality:
    Appearance:
    History:

Abilities: Vance's magic lets him summon two different minions. The first of which are floating hands with eyes on the palms, called Beholders. Vance can adjust the color and reflectivity of them any way he wants, and also make them very large, although bigger hands are more taxing as far as energy. The eyes can shoot out beams of chaos energy. They burn through larger objects, and can even make smaller objects like basketballs and rabbits explode. The beams also bounce off reflective surfaces.

The second of his minions are vetala. They're shaped vaguely like humans, but it's very obvious they aren't. Their arms are longer and much thinner, and end in sharp claws. Their skin is dark purple and totally hairless. Their heads are fairly large relative to their bodies, and have only green eyes, two nostrils, and a large mouth full of sharp teeth on them.

To make them, Vance needs to pour material that was once living on any material that's no longer living, be it dirt, stone, wood, or corned beef hash. As soon as he does, a vetala will spring from it. It's size depends on how much of whatever material he poured in addition to the base material. Vetala are fairly agile, and while not particularly strong, they have sharp claws and a nasty bite. And depending on the material he made them out of, they can be fairly durable. Vance can also graft them onto his body, in which case they become serpents protruding from his flesh.

It should be noted that neither of these are the creation of life. Vance is simply animating air (In the case of his beholders) and solid matter (In the case of his vetala.) They can't think for themselves. They only do what Vance tells them to.

- Advantages: The beholder eye beams are fairly strong. They can burn a hole in human flesh fairly easily, and travel fairly fast. They can also float around fairly quickly, and lift small objects. Meanwhile, the vetala can move fairly quickly, their bites and scratches are painful, and Vance can usually create them en masse, or make one very large one. He can also use them to defend himself, parrying attacks with snakes coming out of his body, or use them as weapons. Finally, even if they are mindless, this does not mean they are stupid. They can follow orders that Vance gives them mentally, and are fairly good at doing so. They can solve simple logical problems, such as basic arithmetic and smaller jigsaw puzzles as well.

- Disadvantages: The beholder's beams need about a second to charge up, so they can be fairly easy to dodge if you're paying attention. They also deflate if punctured, leaking out a black smoke. The vetala, meanwhile, have no supernatural powers: Their main strength is their claws, teeth, and the numbers in which Vance can make them. Also, their durability is dependent on whatever Vance makes them from. Ones made of metal will usually be quite tough; Ones made of clay, not so much. He also needs some form of once-living material to make them. To make a vetala the size of a cat takes about a teaspoon. One the size of a medium dog will take about two tablespoons. And one the size of a human takes about a gallon. If Vance grafts a vetala onto himself, it will weigh him down. He can't fight very well with four seven-foot long steel snakes jutting out of his back. Finally, while his minions can follow orders, and solve logical problems, they are creatively bankrupt. As such, if Vance orders him to do anything that requires lots of creativity, such as painting a picture or convincing people to vote for him as class president, they will usually fail horribly, and occasionally die.

Weapon: Vance uses martial arts combined with serpents he grafts on to his body. He also carries a bottle with a pint full of crushed, dried leaves with him so he can create Vetala.
    Skills: Vance knows some martial arts, and he's also got excellent penmanship.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 6th October 2012 at 04:14 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Grit;

I'm debating this, now. Pretty soon, we'll be reaching a good quota of students to begin the RP. I don't want a heavy starting load.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast