Until Death Do Us Part- Reboot

Thread: Until Death Do Us Part- Reboot

Arrow Until Death Do Us Part- Reboot

This is NOT a pokemon RP

Storyline
    There is a difference between living and surviving, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. But what if we lived in a world where the line was blurred, living was just survival with a few comforts.

We live in this kind of world now, ever since it happened. “It” was the biggest event to ever define human history, “it” was supposed to be a new age in human evolution. “It” was actually called “Development” by our government. “Development” was a government program, the goal was to give disabled people their abilities back. Eventually a vaccine was made, it was produced and distributed across the U.S. in small increments for testing. The vaccine was supposed to be tested, but the program lost public appeal and government funding went with it. The testing samples were stored underground in all areas they were shipped to.

20 years later

Democracy is now just a worldwide dream, the power is fought over relentlessly

1 year later

The unstable power led to nuclear response...after a few more months there was a worldwide nuclear fallout. All government is now gone, millions of people are dead. The few that are left survive in national fallout bunkers. The test samples were found in the bottom of these bunker storage units...oblivious to what this stuff was people injected it thinking it was a nutrient I.V. injection. The shots had no effect on the people that directly took them.

5 years later

A few more thousand die in the bunkers due to famine and sickness. A shining day rises on the horizon, the day that we are allowed back on the surface. The nuclear response teams have deemed the hydrogen based fission bombs have worn off.

2 months later

Across the country the word is spread of the new surface life and “restarting the human race”. Children are born, this is when they realize the injections did have an effect. The new children have heightened abilities respective to what each disability injection was meant to “fix”.

25 years later

All the previous parents are dead, people no longer generally live to be past 40...the new generation is now alone and left to fend for themselves. They are all around 15-25, they are divided into 2 classes: mortals and mutants.

4 months later

Humans by nature look for leaders, which once again has led to fighting. Our newest “leader” in this society has gained massive public support on the platform of blaming the mutants for mortals problems.

For Clarification, I will be RPing the Mortal's leader (and his minions) your goal is either to A) Survive or B) Kill the Opposing Side

Specifics
    You may take one (or two) of these roles in the RP:

Mortals: You are normal human beings, you fight the mutants with any weapons that you find. (Mortals will get a handicap, which is that they already know weaknesses of each form of mutant. Should they choose to use them, please don't exploit them to a point to destroy the RP. And mortals will have limited stockpiles of weapons.)

Mercuries: Named for the Roman God, these mutants possess the ability of high-speed locomotion and great free-running ability. Though not the fastest things to ever walk this earth, they can run at speeds topping out at 80 mph with practice. Strangely, the cold deeply inhibits their speed but they still retain slightly above average speed and good free-running.

Seekers: These mutants have the ability of amazing hawk-like sight. They also have a lock-on ability that lets them distinguish their targets from anyone in a crowd or on any backdrop. Bright light in their eyes usually throws off their lock-ons, sunglasses help to avoid this.

Faders: These mutants can change color and tend to “fade” away into the background...they are completely undetectable by anything other than a Seekers lock on them before they cloak themselves or a Tracker smelling them or hearing them.

Trackers: They have an amazing sense of smell and hearing, their instincts tend to control them if they don't have the willpower. They follow scents across hundreds of miles with only a few new scent traces. Multiple scents fused can sometimes throw them off for a while.

Processors: They have heightened brain power, their problem solving rivals super computers. They can make complex gadgets out of everyday items on the spot. High frequency noise (above average human hearing range) stops their higher level thinking.

Hell's Healers: They can absorb life energy (mana) from any living object and manipulate it to do things such as: healing and forming natural traps (ex: turning grass into solid little needles). These special mutants require a living source for power (ex: absorbing energy from grass, thus killing it, to heal). So in common terms, Hell's Healer take life to give it. They cannot absorb it from humans or animals that resist it.

Brawlers: This group has superior strength, they can easily bend steel without trying. The extent of their strength is nothing less than the force of a bulldozer hitting you at its top speed. Once again, the cold inhibits their greatest strength but they still keep some of it.

Defenders: These individuals can harden their skin to be as strong as diamond, forming battle armor. Though this defense is not always active so sneak attacks are the most effective tactic.

The Rules
    1)No godmodding, or anything of the sort.
    2)Combinations of powers will result in slight reduction of one or both powers (decided by me); these combos will be known as “half breeds”
    3)All survivors will start in the bunker located in Washington D.C., the entire RP will take place on/near the East Coast due to it being quarentined, But I will warn you, salvation is nowhere...all major urban centers hold human survivors and of course a few mutants (which I will control or we will use as spawn points for new players) that will aid other soldiers for their side.
    4)Disputes will be decided by me after both sides get to tell their side of the story.
    5)Everything that you need will need to be scavenged (ex: food, ammo, medical supplies, etc.)
    6)*Important* Characters will die, this is meant to be an RP where characters die and then you make a new character to take his/her place.
    7)*Also Important* This RP will be mature, deaths may be graphic and language may be brutal.
    8)Have Fun!

One More Thing...

-The point of this (look at the name) has to do with sticking together. Mutants can separate and die or stick together and flourish, the choice is yours. They are out numbered by mortals greatly.

Just Remember: Your allies will be with you, until death do you part...

Sign-up:

Name:
    Nickname:
    Ability:
    Weapon of Choice:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Background:
    Sexual Orientation:
    Theme Song (Optional):

I am looking of a ratio of Mortals that out number Mutants...so the RP will not start until there are a few more Mortals than Mutants.

Thank You,
    Tye Taylors
    I reserve the right to attack mutants with squads of mortals at random intervals :P

By the way @jasonwolf, has been given the title of Co-GM, so he may accept sign-ups and such
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 14th February 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Until Death Do Us Part- Reboot

so re-joining!

@jasonwolf - There have been a few changes to the rules and powers...make sure read them :P

Blog Entries

they don't seem to affect mine so heres what I got.

Name: (getting back to basics here) Jason Simulus Wolf
    Nickname: Jason or J-Sim
    Ability: processor

Weapon of Choice: usually just his wits, but he has a prosthetic arm he designed which has a built in sniper rifle (again one of his designs) and a long sword which extends from the wrist. The entire arm runs off of the extreme electrical impulses from his super powered brain. Jason is constantly maintaining it. Its his only pride and joy.

Appearance:

Personality: Jason tends to keep his emotions to a minimum in order to increase his mental capability. Despite limiting his emotions when he deep in thought and is interrupted one emotion comes out on top, rage. He has a furious temper when he is disturbed or when he has to stop working for something “not nearly as important”. He can quickly put together a plan like most processors, but he prefers to spend his time going over the details and making it exactly he wants. When he isn’t hard at work he seems to be the “average” semi-anti-social mutant teenager. One major flaw of his is tendingto over do it when fighting. despite being a prosscesor if Jason gets into a big fight he'll go for kills rather then disabling the enemy, and then he'll kill who ever is left around.

Background: Even as a mutant Jason wasn’t very normal. He has born premature and without a right arm. Its amazing he survived, but not surprising that his mother died in childbirth. He grew up barely keeping himself alive using his brains to stay one step ahead of everyone else. Now-a-days he goes about his business of collecting scrap and turning it into parts for his arm. He is sure that if he could find somewhere safe to work he could actually spend some time working on something other then his lunch and his arm.

Sexual Orientation: straight, but he isn’t very concerned with finding a date (or mate).

Theme song: Monster, Skillet.
    Last edited by jasonwolf; 12th February 2012 at 02:37 PM.

@jasonwolf - Good, just make the picture work :P (it's just got the red "X" for me) Other than that: Accepted

and on another note:

INVITES!: @Stellar Haze @Kona-Chan @Jester @Majin Mew @Master Mew @JakkuEbansu

P.S. I won't be offended if you don't join :P
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 12th February 2012 at 12:30 PM.

I love to do da cha-cha lordeofthedances's Avatar

Name: simons
    nickname: sim
    ability: brawler/defender
    weapon of choice: razor studded steel guantlets and diamond sword (1/8th the thicknes of tissue paper)

personality: fun loving and nice, with a temper to make even god shy away. Loves animals and hates to see women be hit. Simons bows to no man nor mutant. witty and funny simons often gets himself into trouble becasue of his mouth. He has no parents, no brothers or sisters, no friends. Sim likes to fight alone and laugh about it afterwords as he bends steel bars into fantastic shapes for kiddies.

@lordeofthedances - Denied First of all, you don't have a background story...and you don't seem to have much experience.

Blog Entries

I think we should get a few more ppl. come on new people would be great.

Blog Entries

Name: Eizen Naxes
    Nickname: None
    Ability: A strange mix of Mercury and Seeker: He cannot run as fast as most, though he can hit 20 mph for short periods of time, and he can swing his sword fairly fast. He also lacks lock-on abilities, though his reflexes are slightly sharper than the average person's. Instead, he can discern the weak point in any object. He can cut between atoms if he feels so inclined. This lets him cut through any material as if it were air, with any edged weapon. He could even in theory create an explosion like that of an atomic bomb by cutting through an atom, though that would obviously kill him.
    Weapon of Choice: Pieces of paper.
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Background:
    Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
    Theme Song (Optional):

I'll finish at some point.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Tbh, looks good so far XD @Kona-Chan