Until Death Do Us Part-A Post-Apocalyptic RP

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Until Death Do Us Part-A Post-Apocalyptic RP

Default Until Death Do Us Part-A Post-Apocalyptic RP

This is the Start-Up for “Until Death Do Us Part”

Specifics of Weaknesses

Mercuries- The cold only effects you for as long as your internal body temperature is down. Things such as wearing wet clothes will definitely cool your body temperature over time...so in other words, you will start to slow down after getting wet or getting put into the cold, then when things start to warm up you will start to regain speed.

Seekers: Bursts of light will blind you for a few seconds and remove all of your lock-ons...prolonged direct bright light will inhibit your advanced eyesight for a few minutes as you re adjust and slowly regain it back.

Faders: If a seeker has stated that they have locked onto you in a previous post they can now see you until they turn off the lock or are stunned.

Trackers: You will need to find something new to track the person every so often, not just follow one scent the entire time. If someone releases a “scent bomb” or anything of the sort you are expected to linger at the place until the person gets a decent distance away or has had a chance to hide (hiding places can still be compromised if your scent is not masked by another scent source). The only exception to this rule is if the person has only one way that they could have went (ex: you chase someone into an alley and they have dropped a “scent bomb” they obviously have went out the other side of the alley and you can resume to follow that scent.

Processors: Have only one special frequency that can inhibit them, it is unobtainable by anything short of a perfectly tuned “sound gun”. Inhibition for processors consists of collapsing to the floor while still conscious. You may resist effect but it will be hard to walk let alone stand and I will not allow the same character to do it every fight. *Rule for sound based weapons, you may not have anything other than a “sound gun” unless asking my permission. Sound guns have a radius of 1 meter and fire a “beam” that can only be burst fired and cannot fire a continuous stream. They are easier to dodge than bullets*

Hell's Healers: You may not absorb “mana” from any creature or human that resists it. You may heal anything short of bringing a character back to life once dead. Your electricity based powers may not be weaponized other than using it to control objects by doing things like: activating an electric fence or turning on power to electrically controlled objects.

Brawlers: Read “Mercuries”, you get weaker as you get colder and you get stronger as you become warmer.

Defenders: They can activate their ability in a heart beat, if a bullet is coming towards them and they notice it/hear it they will have enough time to “brace for impact”. Bullets and Explosions will have little effect other than large caliber (snipers and heavy machine guns) will knock/slide them backwards slowly and explosions will send them back but not “flying”. Their abilities will not be active while sleeping/being knocked out.

You May Spawn Anywhere In D.C. As Long As It Is Not “On Top Of” Someone Else

The day was slightly chilly as the sun began to rise over the rubble of what was this country's pride and joy: Washington D.C. It was still slightly dark as there were no longer any active street lights. It was fairly ironic as today turned out to be July 4th, the day that our nation was born and boy has it gone down hill from there. Our ancestors once lived in a calm and peaceful world...the one we live in however, isn't so kind. Our modern day is filled with killing for supplies and trying to survive. We have lived like this all our lives, we know nothing other than this. Who are we? We are survivors, before the massive nuclear fallout our parents sought refuge in fallout shelters and survived...it was their salvation that made our hell...So welcome to your hell and mine. Whether you are a mortal or one of those mutant freaks, this is going to be a challenge...the other side hates you and your own kind may even kill you for survival.

*Important: the relations between mutants and mortals are not “officially” violent yet, I will tell you when you may begin to take sides and kill(for the sake of killing, self-defence is ok)*
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 7th July 2011 at 06:36 PM.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Default Re: Until Death Do Us Part-A Post-Apocalyptic RP

Tye looked out over the city from the top of the Washington Monument, "Never looked better, if I do say so myself" Tye hadn't had much else to compare it to seeing as the world had been like this since he was born. "Things are changing so fast, you know...one of these days...this is going to end in war." Tye adjusted his rifle that was mounted on his back. "And I am going to be ready" Tye had a devilish grin on his face. Tye was fast, like superhuman fast. One second he was at the top of the monument. Then he was gone, he had moved down the flights of stairs in only a few seconds. The Mercury casually stolled out the bottom of the monument.

Buck had been living in a subway tunnel for the past few years. On the door there was grim warning painted in mutant blood that read: "No Mutants". Buck laid on a couch in the tunnel that he called home, his shotgun rested on his chest. There was a scurrying noise in the darkness a few feet away. "Who's there?" there was no answer..."Whatever" He drew his gun and a bright light burst from the barrel. A now dead rat laid on the ground. "Nothing to worry about, at least it wasn't a Fader" Buck fell back to sleep with his shotgun in his hand.
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 7th July 2011 at 05:21 PM.

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Jason began to use a rusted hammerhead to flatten out a bent sheet of scrap metal, but then again everything was scrap these days. His breathing was raspy and weak due to the smoke filling the room from his makeshift furnace. The furnace was really just a large metal bucket sunk into the ground with a few cinderblocks around it.

"Kourgh hough houguoug khrouuu." Jason coughed hacking up some of smoke that filled his lungs.

He spat the disgusting black mixture of tar, blood, and mucus aside and went right on working. His mind would not be distracted from its work. Jason had spent two days trying to find a large enough sheet of metal to replace the broken piece of armor for his prosthetic arm shoulder. It took him another hour to finish getting the metal into a decently flat shape.

"Now where’s that old piece?" Jason grumbled looking around for his old shoulder armor.

~Meanwhile in the American Southwest, Carlsbad~

Bob gazed up at the sun-moss that covered the roof of the cave. He didn't know how the moss had been created, but the pale glow that lit Carlsbad was a great achievement for the settlement. The ability to light the cavern with the moss added a layer of comfort to the fortress city of Carlsbad. It was hard for him to relax right now though. With the rise in the anti-mutant movement the criminal activity concerning mutants had become a serious issue for the Knights Libra. There wasn't really anything they could do with mutants because if they brought them back to Carlsbad for trial, as was the usual procedure, they would be killed regardless of their crimes. There wasn't even an orderly body of mutants to whom he could send the criminals for a fair trial. Bob had considered expanding the authority of knights in cases involving mutants, but even with the Knights Libra's strict psychological evaluations many knights held sympathy for the anti-mutant movement and Bob couldn't risk a loose cannon causing major violence.

This issue had been at the forefront of Bob's mind for weeks now. Distracted, he failed to notice the young messenger arrive in his office. A little startled, Bob took the letter silently and the boy left. The letter turned out to be a summons to the council. With a heavy sigh, Bob exited the Knights Libra HQ and wandered down the dank pathways towards the central civic area. Rather than buildings, Carlsbad used small walls to cordon off sections for various uses. It always amazed Bob that Carlsbad had once been barely a quarter as large before the disasters as it was now. It was hard to tell what portions of the cave were natural and what had been carved out under the instruction of the first generation.

The central civic area was much better lit than the rest of the cave, as they were one of the few compounds that were allowed to place sun-moss on parts of the walls. Inside the main area, Bob saw the familiar faces of the council. To the far right was Ezekiel Harding, Bob's cousin and the 23 year old leader of the Harding family. To his left was the empty seat that belonged to Bob. Seated in the center was Jesus Acosta, the unofficial leader of Carlsbad and the head of the Acosta family. To his left was Joshua Gonzalez, the leader of the official army of Carlsbad though Bob couldn't remember the 'official' army having been engaged in any real combat since the first generation. Finally on the far right was Ivan Smartt, the leader of the Smartt family. As Bob walked in both Ivan and Ezekiel nodded to Bob and Joshua glared at him. If Jesus noticed his entry then he hid his reaction.

Bob took his seat and Jesus began the usual business of the council. Boring as it was, the day to day running of the city containing nearly 2,000 people was highly important...

Tye continued walking away from the big monument, "Well, I have been wandering around this city for years and I still don't have much to show for it. I mean some scars aren't enough...I need a life, a family, and I need to survive." Tye spoke out loud like this often. Tye wasn't in a big hurry so he didn't run. He just walked, where he was going he didn't know.
    "Hold it" A voice said from behind Tye "Turn around slowly"
    Tye turned around to face a man who was holding a handgun...
    The man spoke, "Now hand over your supplies...slowly"
    Tye laughed "All I have is this bag" Tye motioned to his backpack "And by the way...I don't do slow" Tye dissapeared from the man's veiw, just to appear behind him with his knuckle blade at the guy's neck. "I'm sorry" With a swift move he sliced the man's neck. After a few minutes of looting, Tye had a little more food and some more handgun ammo. He continued his his venture closer into the heart of the city at a casual walking pace...

Blog Entries

Luke was standing in front of the Lincoln memorial " I know you're here little brother...i know youre here"

Blog Entries

Jason found the old piece and began making a replica. When he finished he attached the new part and began to move his prostetic arm in every combination of motions he could think of.

Fassshhhrrinnnk!!

The longsword built into the arm flew out. Jason smiled a little deviously. The three and a half foot long pure steel blade was an amazing find. Jason had located it in the catacomb like tunnels that criscrossed the underground. most of them were in amazing condition, well amzaing compared to everything else. It seemed that the prediscessors had tried to store away slot of their belongings, but Jason thought most of it was junk. The longsword had been only useful thing down there. Jason carefully reset the blade sliding it into its sheath.

"hm... perhaps I should step out for a moment. there's plenty of daylight left and my shelter is secure. alright I'd best grab my bag." Jason thought aloud.

He ran and grabbed an very old military napsack. he slung it over his shoulder and walked to the entrance. Jason emerged from his refuge and sealed the entrance again. He turned around to face his base of operations. It had been a parking ramp, but now it was a partially collapsed pile of twisted steel and concreate. The collapsed part of the structure had made a large cone shaped area inside it, and the only way in was through two feet thick concrete. Jason's prosthetic arm made it easy to move the large slab he used as a door.

Jason sighed as he carefully began to look for some good pickings.

Blog Entries

Luke backed up a little, "here we go"

we made a dash for the lake, then his abilities kicked in
    he rushed across the lake in a blur, feeling his feet make an effort to move, after a second he was on the other side, a second later the water cuaght up and splashed behind him

Savage Rain!

Iroshi Kira, A.K.A Kyuuketsuki, was searching for a new place filled with cripples and the weak. He had recently been chased out of a hospital after someone had came close to linking his visits to the deaths that had been occuring there, and was quite annoyed.

He wasn't angry that he had to leave, since all the easy pickings were gone. He was annoyed because he'd been all around D.C, and there wasn't a hospital or anything of that sort that wouldn't recognize him.

It was time to move on, but where to?

Doctor Rottstein was briefing his mercenaries on their mission. He had hired them here because they would know the area. "Now, the main goal of this mission is to peacefully bring mutants back north, to the Science Sect. I need them alive. If you find any, call me on the walking phone. If they run away or attack, use the tools I gave you. If you run away with my tools, I will find you." He finished, then added, "Any questions?"

"What do we get in partickler for doin' this for ya," one of the hired men said.

"Citizenship in the Science Sect, and supplies if you decline that offer." Rottstein replied.
    "Now get going. I will be searching as well".

Tye kept casually strolling, he would find something of intrest eventually. Not enough people were in the city for him to run into too many people. Tye just kept walking, his M82 didn't give him to much extra weight seeing as he could use his power to move at any speed he wished. His knuckle blades hung clipped to his waist. Tye walked in-between cars that were stacked up all over the street. He quickly climbed to the top of a heap so he could see a while down the street. Tye drew his rifle and used the scope to scout out the road ahead.

Blog Entries

Luke wanted to try something, he took out his katana, he looked at a line of shrubs
    the next moment he was on the other side walking away
    the top half of the shrubs fell off the trunk soon after

Blog Entries

Jason remained vigilant as he strode down the street. Any little thing could end up being a massive help. last week he found a car battery that he was able to hook up to his rickity set of bellows for the furnace. This week on the other hand had very thin pickings. He'd "traded" a random guy some bullets for food and another canteen. today seemed to be looking up though Jason had homing in on some kind of supplies cash. he'd seen multiple mortals head there and come back with weapons, food, and something Jason found particulerly enticing maps.

Jason was growing tired of the crowded city. he hoped to find some livestock or plants he could use for food out in the wilderness that would have began to creep over the remains of the more distant parts of the country.

I has 108 special skills♥ Mokona Modoki's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mokona Modoki on Facebook
    Visit Mokona Modoki's Youtube Channel

Selene sat on a tiny wooden bench in the middle of the city staring at her surroundings. She listened to the far off voice of her raisers, the seekers who had worked hard to teach her to live. Discover the surrounding and observe the life, she though as she watched travelers from her perch. Despite her healing nature, Selene did not want to use her powers. Death onto life to save another brought her pain. She would watch from a distance and find a way to live.

Current Anime: Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
    Playing FF13-2

"The path looks safe" Tye back-holstered his rifle and slid down the hill of cars. Tye put on his bladed knuckles, just in case. He kept walking down the boulevard hoping to find something interesting. Tye was slightly on edge due to the atmosphere of the city. "Ok, so...I need to meet some of my own kind. I mean it is like that saying...united we stand" Tye realized that mortals hated mutants and that eventually that it was going to result in conflict. Tye walked along, caught up in his own thoughts.

Blog Entries

Jason put up his hood and merged into a crowd of mortals. He his power was internal, and with his prosthetic arm cloaked in his tattered brown leather jacket Jason appeared mortal. the crowd shuffled towards the ruins of a bank.

"so thats how the kept it safe. in a safe." Jason muttered under his breath.

The group entered the bank and went down into the lower level of the complex. the safe was a large metal box that sat in the of the room. A smirk appeared on Jason's face as he was ushered in. the safe shelves were stocked with assorted items. it was enough to last Jason through the year.

"What choue ont?" a gruff looking man asked Jason.

"I'll take it all." Jason cackled.

He threw back his hood and unlocked his longsword. the steel blade quickly slide out with its distictive Kashrinnnnk. Jason held the blade up the mans neck forcing him back into a wall. He then proceeded to knock the man unconsious with his other hand. Jason whirled around to see the rest of the mortals drawing weapons. Jason laughed and then the real battle began.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast