Umbrage University ( Join as a Teacher or a Student! )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Umbrage University ( Join as a Teacher or a Student! )

  1. #1
    Collaborate and listen. Vubberth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    377
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Umbrage University ( Join as a Teacher or a Student! )

    Umbrage University
    Intro + Letter



    History



    Rules



    Sign-Up Sheet



    List of Players



    Current News/Shout-Outs

    Last edited by Vubberth; 25th August 2011 at 04:54 PM.
    I have claimed: Bidoof | Fly | Everstone | Full Restore
    I am currently playing: Team Fortress 2 | Pokémon Y

  2. #2
    Yun
    Yun is offline
    Hear the Roar of Thunder Yun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Archelyte Steppe
    Posts
    1,718
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Slash View Post
    Umbrage University
    Intro + Letter



    History



    Rules



    Sign-Up Sheet



    List of Players



    Current News/Shout-Outs


    Username: JayKashiki

    Name: Jay Villiers

    Nickname*: Nero

    Age: 16

    Gender: Female

    Sexuality: Bi (Doesn't care much for romance)

    Appearance: She has blond hair reaching near her shoulders, with oceanic blue eyes and a soft face. She is fairly short, being around 5'3" in height. She normally wears expertly knitted turtlenecks with tight pants and black boot-like sneakers.

    Personality: She is somewhat quiet around other students, being somewhat withdrawn to a point of muteness. However, to her close friends, she is shown as being serious and easily affected by things. She is also very distrusting of those who make terrible first impressions, believing those people to be terrible at nature.

    Image*: N/A

    Theme Song*: Lie To Me by RED

    Other: Umbrage

    Pokémon Species: Lucario
    Pokémon Nickname*: Aero
    Moves (Up to 8): Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance, Psychic
    Level: 66
    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*: Leader

    Pokémon Species: Volcarona
    Pokémon Nickname*: Ember
    Moves (Up to 8): Flamethrower, Overheat, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Psychic, Agility, SolarBeam, Reflect
    Level: 64
    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*: Annoyer

    Pokémon Species: Hydreigon
    Pokémon Nickname*: Hydie
    Moves (Up to 8): Fire Blast, Crunch, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, Hyper Voice, Mean Look, Surf, Draco Meteor
    Level: 65
    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*: Sweep

    Pokémon Species: Milotic
    Pokémon Nickname*: Milo
    Moves (Up to 8): Hydro Pump, Safeguard, Light Screen, Reflect, Protect, Rain Dance, Surf, Blizzard
    Level: 62
    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*: Tank
    Last edited by Yun; 22nd August 2011 at 07:01 AM.

  3. #3
    Riding The Storm Out Infinity Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,114
    Blog Entries
    51

    Visit Infinity Storm's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    Username:InfinityLuxray

    Name:Thomas Sierra

    Nickname*:Rose

    Age:17

    Gender:Male

    Sexuality:Heterosexual

    Appearance:Semi-tall with somewhat blonde hair and jade green eyes. Typically wears khaki pants, a pale green t-shirt and a green jacket. Is in fairly good shape, due to his habit of frequent exercise for both himself and his pokemon.

    Matthew by nature is typically calm and collective at most times. However, he is a hopeless romantic, and thus his personality changes greatly in the presence of women, and this can be an improvement or degradation depending on the circumstances at the time. Due to a near-fatal run-in with a swarm of Beedrill in a forest when he was still a very young child, Thomas is near deathly-afraid of Beedrill, along with most Bug-Type pokemon in general.


    Personal History: .Thomas was born and raised in Floaroma City. The City itself can be seen as a partial cause for his natural preference towards Grass Pokemon. There is just something in the elegance that they typically possess that always manages to catch his interest. His favorites, though he currently possess none of them, are Ivysaur, Roserade, Vileplume, and Butterfree. He learned about Coordinating from his older sister Rei, an experienced coordinator. Since he took an interest to it, she often let him practice with her Roserade prior to him receiving his own pokemon. This undoubtedly was a major influence in his choice of pokemon to recieve as a starter several years later.

    At the age of eight, he was allowed to choose his first pokemon from a wide variety, including some from other regions . True to his nature, and also due to his desire to have a Roserade like his sister, Thomas chose a Buddew.He decided to name her Spring, and then continued to develop an affinity for the elegant things in life in the following years. He has always been a hopeless romantic, and thus he has become very close with several girls, though none of them have nor are very likely to ever develop into a serious relationship. While he truly cares for each girl he knows, none of them struck him beyond any more than just another girl to charm.


    Image*:

    Theme Song*:She's Dope by Down With Webster (Down With Webster - She's Dope - YouTube)

    Pokémon:Roserade, Lopunny, Abomisnow, Sceptile

    Other:Umbrage


    Pokémon Species:Roserade

    Pokémon Nickname*:Spring

    Moves (Up to 8):Energy Ball, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder, Toxic Spikes, Giga Drain, Attract, Petal Dance

    Level:63

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*:Lead
    _

    Pokémon Species:Lopunny

    Pokémon Nickname*:Summer

    Moves (Up to 8):Shock Wave, Bounce, Jump Kick, Sweet Kiss, Shadow Ball, Attract, Dig, Fake Tears

    Level:44
    _


    Pokémon Species:Abomisnow

    Pokémon Nickname*:Winter

    Moves (Up to 8):Wood Hammer, Blizzard, Hail, Ice Beam, Giga Drain, Stomp, Seed Bomb, Stomp

    Level:45

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*
    _
    Pokémon Species:Sceptile

    Pokémon Nickname*:Blade

    Moves (Up to 8):Leaf Blade, Frenzy Plant, Detect, Quick Attack, Screech, Dragonbreath, Giga Drain, Giga Impact

    Level:47

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*:
    Last edited by Infinity Storm; 21st August 2011 at 10:34 AM.

    Awesome Banner by Blue Dragon

  4. #4
    Yun
    Yun is offline
    Hear the Roar of Thunder Yun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Archelyte Steppe
    Posts
    1,718
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityLuxray View Post
    Username:InfinityLuxray

    Name:Thomas Sierra

    Nickname*:Rose

    Age:17

    Gender:Male

    Sexuality:Heterosexual

    Appearance:Semi-tall with somewhat blonde hair and jade green eyes. Typically wears khaki pants, a pale green t-shirt and a green jacket. Is in fairly good shape, due to his habit of frequent exercise for both himself and his pokemon.

    Matthew by nature is typically calm and collective at most times. However, he is a hopeless romantic, and thus his personality changes greatly in the presence of women, and this can be an improvement or degradation depending on the circumstances at the time. Due to a near-fatal run-in with a swarm of Beedrill in a forest when he was still a very young child, Thomas is near deathly-afraid of Beedrill, along with most Bug-Type pokemon in general.


    Personal History: .Thomas was born and raised in Floaroma City. The City itself can be seen as a partial cause for his natural preference towards Grass Pokemon. There is just something in the elegance that they typically possess that always manages to catch his interest. His favorites, though he currently possess none of them, are Ivysaur, Roserade, Vileplume, and Butterfree. He learned about Coordinating from his older sister Rei, an experienced coordinator. Since he took an interest to it, she often let him practice with her Roserade prior to him receiving his own pokemon. This undoubtedly was a major influence in his choice of pokemon to recieve as a starter several years later.

    At the age of eight, he was allowed to choose his first pokemon from a wide variety, including some from other regions . True to his nature, and also due to his desire to have a Roserade like his sister, Thomas chose a Buddew.He decided to name her Spring, and then continued to develop an affinity for the elegant things in life in the following years. He has always been a hopeless romantic, and thus he has become very close with several girls, though none of them have nor are very likely to ever develop into a serious relationship. While he truly cares for each girl he knows, none of them struck him beyond any more than just another girl to charm.


    Image*:

    Theme Song*:She's Dope by Down With Webster (Down With Webster - She's Dope - YouTube)

    Pokémon:Roserade, Lopunny, Magby, Abomisnow, Ivysaur, Sceptile

    Other:


    Pokémon Species:Roserade

    Pokémon Nickname*:Spring

    Moves (Up to 8):Energy Ball, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poisonpowder, Toxic Spikes, Giga Drain, Attract, Hyper Beam, Petal Dance

    Level:63

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*:Lead
    _

    Pokémon Species:Lopunny

    Pokémon Nickname*:Summer

    Moves (Up to 8):Shock Wave, Bounce, Jump Kick, Sweet Kiss, Shadow Ball, Attract, Dig, Fake Tears

    Level:40
    -


    Pokémon Species:Magby

    Pokémon Nickname*:Autumn

    Moves (Up to 8):Ember, Smokescreen, Protect

    Level:8

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*:
    _


    Pokémon Species:Abomisnow

    Pokémon Nickname*:Winter

    Moves (Up to 8):Wood Hammer, Blizzard, Hail, Ice Beam, Giga Drain, Stomp, Seed Bomb, Stomp

    Level:45

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*:
    _


    Pokémon Species:Ivysaur

    Pokémon Nickname*:Blossom

    Moves (Up to 8):Vine Whip, Solarbeam, Toxic, Tackle, Razor Leaf, Seed Bomb, Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder

    Level:39

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*:
    _


    Pokémon Species:Sceptile

    Pokémon Nickname*:Blade

    Moves (Up to 8):Leaf Blade, Frenzy Plant, Detect, Quick Attack, Screech, Dragonbreath, Giga Drain, Giga Impact

    Level:47

    Position (Lead, Spiker, Tank, etc.)*:
    I think we're only supposed to have four ^^;;

  5. #5
    Riding The Storm Out Infinity Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,114
    Blog Entries
    51

    Visit Infinity Storm's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    edited

    Awesome Banner by Blue Dragon

  6. #6
    Negatively Awesome Librarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,150
    Blog Entries
    147

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    I would like to join.
    Can somebody tell me what is lead, spikers, annoyers, sweepers and tanks supposed to mean?

  7. #7
    Collaborate and listen. Vubberth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    377
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    @Junpei ; I would look here for more details. They're basically classes of Pokémon in competitive battling.

    @JayKashiki ; Denied. While your SU is very well done, I'm afraid you didn't read the rules.

    @InfinityLuxray ; Please edit. Your Roserade has 9 moves. Yes, I am nitpicky. :P

    Also, you can now join as a teacher! Just fill out the Subject field in the SU so I'll know that you're teaching something.
    Last edited by Vubberth; 21st August 2011 at 10:59 AM.
    I have claimed: Bidoof | Fly | Everstone | Full Restore
    I am currently playing: Team Fortress 2 | Pokémon Y

  8. #8
    Negatively Awesome Librarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,150
    Blog Entries
    147

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    Uh, too complicated for me

  9. #9
    Riding The Storm Out Infinity Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,114
    Blog Entries
    51

    Visit Infinity Storm's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    edited

    Awesome Banner by Blue Dragon

  10. #10
    Collaborate and listen. Vubberth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    377
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    @InfinityLuxray ; Accepted. Very good job.

    @Junpei ; Alright, suit yourself.
    I have claimed: Bidoof | Fly | Everstone | Full Restore
    I am currently playing: Team Fortress 2 | Pokémon Y

  11. #11
    Yun
    Yun is offline
    Hear the Roar of Thunder Yun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Archelyte Steppe
    Posts
    1,718
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Slash View Post
    @Junpei ; I would look here for more details. They're basically classes of Pokémon in competitive battling.

    @JayKashiki ; Denied. While your SU is very well done, I'm afraid you didn't read the rules.

    @InfinityLuxray ; Please edit. Your Roserade has 9 moves. Yes, I am nitpicky. :P

    Also, you can now join as a teacher! Just fill out the Subject field in the SU so I'll know that you're teaching something.
    Ummm... I don't get it. Is it cause of Hydreigon? :/ You never state explicitly that we can't have Psuedo-Legendaries (if THAT is the problem). You only state that teachers can have them and a minor Legendary.

  12. #12
    Collaborate and listen. Vubberth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    377
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    Quote Originally Posted by JayKashiki View Post
    Ummm... I don't get it. Is it cause of Hydreigon? :/ You never state explicitly that we can't have Psuedo-Legendaries (if THAT is the problem). You only state that teachers can have them and a minor Legendary.
    There's something that you need to put in the 'Other' field.
    I have claimed: Bidoof | Fly | Everstone | Full Restore
    I am currently playing: Team Fortress 2 | Pokémon Y

  13. #13
    Riding The Storm Out Infinity Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,114
    Blog Entries
    51

    Visit Infinity Storm's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( In Need of Students and Teachers! )

    Want me to bring a few people into the RP?

    Awesome Banner by Blue Dragon

  14. #14
    Yun
    Yun is offline
    Hear the Roar of Thunder Yun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Archelyte Steppe
    Posts
    1,718
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Slash View Post
    There's something that you need to put in the 'Other' field.
    Ooooh! Well, I'll be darned :/ XDDD Srry ^^ Edited. So Hydreigon is fine?

  15. #15
    Yun
    Yun is offline
    Hear the Roar of Thunder Yun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Archelyte Steppe
    Posts
    1,718
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Umbrage University ( Sign-Ups Officially Open! )

    @Junpei: Well, I'm not sure myself. But lead pokemon is bascially, when the battle starts, whose name comes first when ur character yells "Go! <insert name here>!" A sweeper, in what I can see, is a pokemon who basically serves as the main powerhouse. Tanks are Pokemon who are able to take super amounts of hits, typically with high defense/sp. defense I believe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •