okay then.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr

Default Re: Travelling Tales - Kanto Era

Name:Drake Ryuu

Nickname: N/A

Training Career:Contests

Birthplace: Verdanturf, Hoenn

Starter Pokémon: Pichu, female, nicknamed Flower (would it be okay if it was a spiky-eared pichu since I don't plan on evolving it)

Appearance: Drake has short green hair with his bangs ending right above his eyes, and the back extending to the base of his neck while staying close to the neck. He has hazel eyes and wears an orange t-shirt with a purple hooded vest over it, blue jeans and orange and purple sneakers.

Personality: Drake is usually calm and collected. He likes art and loves to draw pokemon. He also loves to show off his pokemon. He is very tolerant of other people of all different kinds, and prefers to avoid problems. He can’t stand someone who is a bully or thinks themselves better than anyone, this annoys him and he will act on it not caring about a fight. He will start conversation to avoid any awkward quiet as he does not like awkward positions.

History: Drake is the youngest of two with his brother five years his senior. Growing up his parents got divorced and his father moved to a different region and town, not to be seen again. His mom worked multiple jobs to support them, so his brother would often baby sit him, who was usually him picking on him. Their mother never knew or else his brother would do worse to him. When he started going to school, other kids would often pick on him for his hair as his mother and brother both had brown hair instead. Drake dealt with this by drawing, something he had a natural talent for.
    When he was about twelve some kids were picking on him and his brother passed by. His brother being embarrassed by him decided to root the other kids on by just watching and hanging with some of his friends. Drake got angry and tried to defend himself from the kids resulting in a fist fight. This ended up with Drake being overpowered and his brother still not helping. A kid his age visiting the town on his journey came by and helped him out beating all the other kids without his pokemon, took Drake and helped patch him up. Inspired by the other kid Drake worked to better himself and to help those bullied. (Their mother still never found out about his brothers wrong doings as Drake never wanted to worry her)
    At 15 Drake was walking around and saw someone abandoning a pichu in front of the Verdanturf Tunnel. When the pichu tried to follow the trainer, the trainer kicked it away. Drake angered by this ran to help pichu, but not without punching the trainer out for abuse. Once he got the pichu to trust him he offered for it to come home with him and he would take care of it. She agreed and he named her Flower. This was difficult as he had started working at 13, so he had to leave her home alone, but despite this they quickly became close and two years later, after saving some money Drake decided to become a trainer. He hopes to meet and defeat his brother, as well as the boy who had helped him.

ColourTheory is so sexy and I desperately crave him!
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

~Roleplay Padawan~

@mwto; Yes, spiky-eared Pichu is fine. I'll add you to the pending members.

Okey, so I'm probably going to ramble a lot in this post, be warned

First of all, I think it's a pretty neat idea to get all sign-ups first before deciding on who to accept and stuff. Wish I had thought of it in my last (failed) roleplay XD

Anyway, I also got a question. Would it be okey to use a more experienced character, who has already done several journeys but has taken a break? (so also already has caught Pokémon before but maybe simply started with a new Pokémon or something)

Or is it strictly newbie trainers?

I'm fine with either, just curious XD

And either way, you think you could reserve me a spot?

Oh, nearly forgot, regarding time zones
    I live in the Netherlands and seeing as most roleplayers seem to live in the USA, there are some time zone restrictions, if that makes sense
    I've had to give up on a couple of promising roleplayes simply because I was unable to be active in the roleplay when others were and vice-versa
    So, what is that like here? Are time zone restrictions a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post

First of all, I think it's a pretty neat idea to get all sign-ups first before deciding on who to accept and stuff. Wish I had thought of it in my last (failed) roleplay XD

Anyway, I also got a question. Would it be okey to use a more experienced character, who has already done several journeys but has taken a break? (so also already has caught Pokémon before but maybe simply started with a new Pokémon or something)

I live in the Netherlands and seeing as most roleplayers seem to live in the USA, there are some time zone restrictions, if that makes sense
    I've had to give up on a couple of promising roleplayes simply because I was unable to be active in the roleplay when others were and vice-versa
    I'll leave the experienced/newbie trainer question to the GM, ColourTheory.

As the Co-GM, I can reserve you a spot. Please note that reservations last for three days.

I'm RP'ing from Turkey and ColourTheory is most probably RP'ing from the Eastern Time Zone in the US. Since its summer, time zones won't be a problem. Right now it's 15:00 where I live and around 8:00am where ColourTheory lives, so there is a large time overlap in which we can all RP.

Hope these help, but if you still aren't sure please do ask ColourTheory :)
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

~Roleplay Padawan~

Quote Originally Posted by acs1903 View Post

As the Co-GM, I can reserve you a spot. Please note that reservations last for three days.

I'm RP'ing from Turkey and ColourTheory is most probably RP'ing from the Eastern Time Zone in the US. Since its summer, time zones won't be a problem. Right now it's 15:00 where I live and around 8:00am where ColourTheory lives, so there is a large time overlap in which we can all RP.

@Dieter;

I'm going to have to say only newbie trainers. If this RP does continue through the various regions, I'm sure your character wouldn't want to challenge a specific Pokemon League/Grand Festival again. To counter this, I'd allow an expirienced trainer if the character did not challenge gyms or contests in a region he or she had already travelled through and instead have the same sort of persona as Brock and Misty in the Indigo League series and Iris or Cilan in the BW series during the RP.

As for timezones, like acs said, it won't be much of a problem. Even during the school year, I've RPed with people from places like Japan and New Zealand and some of said RPs had gotten 500+ pages finished.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact me. XD

Quote Originally Posted by ColourTheory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acs1903 View Post

@Dieter;

I'm going to have to say only newbie trainers. If this RP does continue through the various regions, I'm sure your character wouldn't want to challenge a specific Pokemon League/Grand Festival again. To counter this, I'd allow an expirienced trainer if the character did not challenge gyms or contests in a region he or she had already travelled through and instead have the same sort of persona as Brock and Misty in the Indigo League series and Iris or Cilan in the BW series during the RP.

As for timezones, like acs said, it won't be much of a problem. Even during the school year, I've RPed with people from places like Japan and New Zealand and some of said RPs had gotten 500+ pages finished.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact me. XD
    @ColourTheory;

Besides a couple Kanto Badges, the character I'm talking about never really took either challenges. When he stayed in Hoenn, he tried a Contest maybe once?
    So no real experience, not really, mostly travelling experience and a supporting character.

I also don't mind creating a newbie trainer character, either is fine.
    Just depends on what you're looking for/need
    @acs1903; thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I need to know. In that case, expect a sign-up soon

Oh hey, thanks for reserving me a spot, but I actually don't think I have the time right now, as some other things came up, sorry ^^;;
    Thanks for giving me the chance though and good luck with your roleplay!

Name: Elliot Dunstan
    Nickename: N/A
    Training Career: League
    Birthplace: Castelia City, Unova

Starter Pokémon: Drilbur

Appearance: Elliot has blonde hair that isn’t short, but not long by any means either, with bangs almost covering his right eye. He wears a long sleeved coat that has some frills, and is the color white, with his frills being black. His pants are black as well. Elliot’s eye color is a dark, ocean blue. His height is about 5’5”.

Personality: Elliot is very full of himself and has an abundance of pride. He’s not shy in the slightest, but he does put up an act around people. He tries to be polite around anyone, but on the inside, he’s a somewhat cruel person. He isn’t very nice to his Pokemon, seeing as he only views them as tools. Still, he does have a slight soft spot for his starter Pokemon. Another thing is that Elliot has a very short temper, and almost anything can set him off.

History: Elliot comes from a rich family. He has a brother along with his mother and father. Elliot was pretty spoiled when younger but didn’t get along well with either of his parents. Because of that, he grew attached to his brother, who’s seven years older than him. His brother one day left their house to go study abroad, leaving Elliot behind. Elliot’s family situation got worse, and his parents only saw him as a failure compared to his older brother, and never gave him any attention. Due to that, Elliot became obsessed with getting attention, and he also became the person he is today, who’s very vain of himself. He decided to go leave his home and journey to Kanto to prove himself.

Er, and ColourTheory is so sexy and I desperately crave him!
    Last edited by Squall Leonhart; 8th July 2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Just realized I forgot a letter in a word.

~Roleplay Padawan~

@HilbertCressLover; Nice. Thanks for your sign-up, you shall be added to the list of pending members.

(New to RPing so I hope I did this right.)

Name-Haley

Age-16

Gender-Female

Career-League

Home Town-Larouse City

Starter-Torchic

Looks-Hayley is 5ft2 and has long brown hair. Her eyes are a crystal blue and she is only 90 pounds. She wears jeans and a short sleeve t shirt with a cute little Pichu on the center of the shirt. She carries a bag and keeps her items like her pokedex and her pokeballs inside.

Hayley was born to a large family in Larouse City. When she was 6 her mother died due to an unknown sickness. Since she is the youngest child her brothers and sisters were always around for her teaching her many things. Her oldest brother is a skilled Pokemon trainer but vanished without a trace in the Kanto region 6 months ago. Haley was always surrounded by Pokemon and learned many things about them. From battle tactics to each Pokemon’s names. It was always a dream she had to become a trainer. However her overprotective siblings were worried so when she was 10 they said know. However Haley snuck out of the house one day to become a real trainer. Her dream is to find her brother so he can watch her win the Pokemon league.

ColourTheory is so sexy and I desperately crave him!
    Last edited by Bel Fanatic; 7th July 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Fresh Prince Ladies and Gentlemen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does the 4-5 players include the GM and ACS?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

My RPs:
    Paranatural : Earthbound meets Scooby Doo
    Pokemon RBY RP : I read on Kotaku that it's better than Civ 5 with the Brave New World expansion.

~Roleplay Padawan~

@Bel Fanatic; Don't worry, you did it right. You shall be added.

@Pi Face; Yes, it does.

Depending on ColourTheory's response, we'll most likely be having the selection process today. Just to be sure that everyone who signed-up is still interested, would they please all respond to this thread?
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr

I'm still interested
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast