Travelling Tales - Kanto Era

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Travelling Tales - Kanto Era

~Roleplay Padawan~

Default Travelling Tales - Kanto Era

Pokémon: Travelling Tales - Kanto Era

The Pokemon World is full of mysteries. In this world, people and Pokemon live in harmony. Partners in battle, as well as in life, living and working together side by side, they coexist.

In this world of theirs, everyone has a calling. Some turn out to be Professors and others doctors. Some become breeders while others become top flight coordinators and battlers. The best part of this world, is, by far, the room for journey, discovery and adventure. Some may go on journeys to make new friends and meet new Pokemon. Some may journey just for the pleasure of travelling. Some may journey for competition. No matter who you are, this world will always have something to offer to your liking. Eventually, some may find their calling and heed to it while others will choose to quit. Therefore, it is a matter of heart and strength in spirit, mind and body. Only the truly strong succeed, though most start out believing that they will succeed.

This story will chronicle a small group of trainers and coordinators who start as complete strangers to each other but grow to be friends and meet new Pokemon. They take on the gyms, contests and any other challenges each region has to offer. However, their journey is not all fun and games. Along the way, they make rivals, encounter a villainous team and may have to say goodbye to some loved ones. They won’t, however, be alone on their quests; there will be “help“, people and Pokemon that shall aid these trainers along the way. Some of these helpers might not be quite who (or what) you’d expect.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rules:

Sign-Up Forms:

My Sign-Up/Example

Accepted RPers:
    Alex Santos played by ColorTheory
    AC played by acs1903

Pending Requests:
    Garland Requiem played by Haruhi Suzumiya
    Justin Gaines played by BlazingQuilava.
    Drake Ryuu played by mwto
    Elliot Dunstan played by HilbertCressLover

Reserved Spots:

Last edited by ColourTheory; 4th July 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Default Re: Travelling Tales - Kanto Era

With some active posters, this may very well be the best journey RP! Here's my SU:

Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Since your supporting my RP ColourTheory, I'll suport yours!

Name: Garland Requiem

Nickname (optional):Kanon (His stage name)

Training Career: Contests

Birthplace: Virbank City, Unova

Starter Pokémon: Bulbasaur

Appearance: Kanon stands 5,8 and weighs 170 Lbs, Kanon is rather slender and he has pale white skin without a single blemis . He has straight brown hair which comes down to his neck and bright green eyes. He typically wears a white jacket with a blue scarf and black jeans and with black and white checkered canvas sneakers. He carries a guitar bag which a Red Les Paul with a black pick guard. This bag also has several sown on pockets to hold Pokeballs and Potions.

Personality: Kanon is a music nut who can't stand life without music, he loves to write and compose his own pieces so he can perform them. He hopes to showcase his music and pokemon, not to be famous, but so he can make his audience feel a deep emotion whether it be joy or sadness. He also plays guitar and can sing at the same time (Quite well I might add). Kanon has a soft spot for certain poison type pokemon because of his training at the Virbank Gym. Kanon is also usually kind and quiet until he picks up his guitar, then you see his true passion and love. Despite his quiet demeanor, Kanon has a horrible temper when it comes to people who mistreat pokemon or disrespect the arts.

History: Kanon grew up in Virbank City. His home life wasn't the best because his parents were always fight to the point of physical violence. Because it was 1 bedroom apartment and Kanon didn't have his own room. He would just sit in a corner and plug his ears. One day when he snuck away from the apartment, he wandered upon the Virbank Gym when the Gym Leader's band was rehearsing. He heard the passion in which their lead vocalist, Roxie, sung and how she lashed out at cruel and unfair life could be. He was in awe, he was saved. That was the time he introduced himself to Roxie who thought that kanon had potential and had took him on as an apprentice, not only did she teach him how to play guitar and sing, she also taught him how to battle and after learning about contests from a challenger from a faraway region. He decided he would use the money from his street performances and run away from home to journey in Kanto, He thanked Roxie for all of her help and left without looking back.

Other: ColourTheory, your are so super sexy and i crave you with every fiber of my being!! Be mine! <3
    Last edited by Naoto; 1st July 2012 at 07:59 PM.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Can I reserve a spot?

~Roleplay Padawan~

@acs1903; Accepted, my co-GM.

@Haruhi Suzumiya; Nice sign-up. I'll add you to the pending members list.

@mwto; Reserved. All reserves last two days.

Call me a noob, but can someone tell me how to mention users?

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ColourTheory View Post
    @acs1903 - Accepted, my co-GM.

@Haruhi Suzumiya - Nice sign-up. I'll add you to the pending members list.

@mwto - Reserved. All reserves last two days.

Call me a noob, but can someone tell me how to mention users?
    You have it mostly right, just put a semi-colon after their name
    @ColourTheory; Don't worry I couldn't figure it out until someone told me

~Roleplay Padawan~

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    You have it mostly right, just put a semi-colon after their name
    I feel really stupid right now....

Blog Entries

Could I get a spot reservered?
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

~Roleplay Padawan~

@BlazingQuilava.; Sure thing, reserved until July 3rd.

Blog Entries

Name: Justin Gaines
    Nickname: N/A
    Training Career: Trainer
    Birthplace: Ecruteak City, Johto

Starter Pokémon: Cyndaquil(Ty, Male)

Appearance: Justin is a fairly slender teenager, standing at about 5'4" and having a fairly light skin tone. He has a set of green eyes and short blonde hair that is sometimes stylized in a fauxhawk or its messy if not stylized. Justin will usually wear a pair of light brown cargo shorts and over a gray tshirt he wears, he wears a short plaid button up short sleeved shirt, colored red white and black. He also wears a pair of black and white sneakers.

Personality
    : Justin is generally very easy to get along with due to laid back and friendly nature. He is very open to others and is always eager to meet new people. His love of adventure was formed growing up as he explored the outskirts of Ecruteak City often, which was also what brought him to meet his beloved Cyndaquil. When it comes to Pokemon, especially his Cyndaquil; Justin has a strong soft spot for Pokemon and won't stand for Pokemon mistreatment/abuse. Despite his generally pleasant nature, Justin is generally hotheaded and he is quite impulsive, quick to confront those that are seen abusing or mistreating Pokemon. He is also one to hold grudges and take words of others to heart as well.

History: Justin comes from a rather accomplished family, being the son of a gym leader and a former top coordinator, as well as having a brother who is a very talented and strong trainer. His three passions begun at an early age, living in Ecruteak City. His love of battling stemmed from continually watching his father face other trainers. His love of adventure came from his curiosity as a child he explored the outskirts of Ecruteak Cityand occasionally accompanied his brother while he was traveling through Johto. He also was very friendly and caring towards Pokemon. When his parents saw this at a young age, they sent Justin away to the Violet City Pokemon Academy.

At the academy, Justin quickly learned about what it takes to be a trainer and he was shown to be easily able to connect to most Pokemon the trainers were given in the school to practice with. Despite his ability to connect, he was continually pressured by other students about the reputation his family had because of their accomplishments. He felt as if he had to prove he was as good as his family and he was usually outsmarted by the more harsh students. He picked up the basic skills of Pokemon training and battles and he managed to pass the academy's program. This left him a little frustrated, realizing he had such a reputation to live up to.

When he returned home, Justin's parents suggested he went on a journey of his own in Johto, a suggestion which Justin almost instantly agreed he should try. He had the option to be taken to New Bark Town where he could pick up his started Pokemon, though Justin declined his parents offer and decided he wanted to travel by foot and explore some more. While barely on the outskirts of Ecruteak City, Justin came across a rather horrific sight. In the woods, he found a trainer beating up a defenseless Cyndaquil whom he owned with his Scyther. Justin was shocked by the cruelty of this trainer and when he saw how horribly injured the Cyndaquil looked, Justin had to do something. Justin took matters into his own hands and attacked the trainer who had been abusing and insulting the young Cyndaquil. Justin quickly grabbed the bloodied up and bruised Cyndaquil and rushed off with him, though the trainer attempted to chase after them. Justin managed to find a place to hide with the Cyndaquil who was clinging onto the last amount life he had. Justin rushed him back to Ecruteak City after he escaped this trainer and immediately rushed Cyndaquil to the Pokemon Center. He managed to get Cyndaquil there in time and Nurse Joy was able to heal him back to full health. Upon hearing of Justin's rescue, Justin's mother suggested that Justin kept the Cyndaquil and trained him. Justin happily agreed, adopting Cyndaquil as his first Pokemon who was more than delighted to have someone so kind as a trainer.

It was a couple weeks before Justin left Ecruteak City again, after Cyndaquil who he named Ty had managed to make a full recovery and went through a little bit of training. While in Goldenrod City, Justin and Ty surprisingly met Professor Oak who was just getting off his morning radio show with DJ Mary. Professor Oak suggested to him that he payed a visit to Kanto and take on the Indigo League and to stop by his lab where once he got there. Justin readily agreed to take on the Kanto region's league rather than Johto's. He figured he'd take on Johto after the Indigo League was over, and hopefully in this league he could prove his worth as a Gaines family member. Though does he necessarily need the so called fame and reputation his family has?

Other: Justin's Theme Digimon The Movie Soundtrack- Let&#39;s Kick It Up - Paul Gordon - YouTube
    ColourTheory is so sexy and I desperately crave him!
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

~Roleplay Padawan~

@BlazingQuilava.; Sweet, I'll add you to the pending requests.

Blog Entries

Question, how many people have to sign up here before the Start Up is started?

~Roleplay Padawan~

@Haruhi Suzumiya; There is no set amount, but it porbably won't start up until early next week, being that I'm going to be away all weekend.

Blog Entries

Okay.

Furthermore, as I'm sure all of you have read the rules, if there are more than 4-5 people signing up then there will be a selection process. So, please keep in mind that at the moment all members signing up are put on the pending list. Whenever ColourTheory is ready to start, the sign-ups will close. Thus, we shall see how many people sign-up until then. Also, just a little bit of info on how the selection process will work (if there is one): ColourTheory and I will look at SU quality, RP skill and member activity.

Just wanted to clear that up as well :)
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast