A street map of Knyte City
The heart of Knyte City is a simple grid of eight avenues by eight streets. Though the grid extends outwards into various neighborhoods and boroughs, most of the non-residential areas of the city are located within the grid. Though the grid does not perfectly align with a compass, the avenues run roughly north-south and the streets east-west.
Disrupting the perfect regularity of the grid are Knyte City’s three Plazas, the original settlements incorporated to create Knyte City. Centra Plaza
is the largest, located near the heart of the grid; it houses key structures such as the City Government and Centra Academy’s campus. Verdan Plaza
, directly to the north of Centra Plaza, is of middling size; however, it is almost entirely wild, left relatively untouched by the sprawl of the city.
To the east of both Centra and Verdan is Battalia Plaza
. Though smaller than Verdan, it attracts much more attention, neighboring the Battle Frontier and housing both one of Knyte City’s Gyms and the Noctis League. North Boulevard
links Centra and Verdan Plazas. Grand Boulevard
joins Verdan and Battalia Plazas. Serene Boulevard
connects Battalia and Centra Plazas.
The various districts highlighted on the map are:
- City Government – the complex of offices and civic buildings that manages Knyte City; City Hall, the Courthouse, and the Library are all found within the City Government’s district
- Financial District – the budding business sector of Knyte City
- Theater District – the primary entertainment district of Knyte City
- Midtown – the heart of the city, along with Centra Plaza, linking the various districts together. Knyte Terminal, the city’s major train terminal which connects Knyte City to Unova’s Gear Station in Nimbasa City, is found within Midtown, on Fourth Avenue and Sixth Street. It is the center of tourism within the city.
- The Heights – the wealthiest sector of the city, home to millionaires, private schools, and various museums and other dignified institutions.
- Downtown – the major recreational center of the city, along with Midtown. Many smaller businesses and shopping centers are found here.
- Parks – reclaimed areas of the three Plazas, open to the public. Major relaxation hotspots.
- PKMN League Facilities – the Pokemon League headquarters within Knyte City, it serves as a de facto embassy for the rest of the world. Though Knyte City is not recognized as part of an independent region, its distinct independence from Unova has allowed the League to recognize a City Champion, though one without an Elite Four. The League’s Facilities also contains several free battle arenas, making it a place of particular interest to Trainers.
- Centra Academy Campus – the location of the prestigious Centra Academy, a world-class battling school. Though initially open only to city residents, the informal establishment of a Knyte City League has convinced the Academy to open its doors to the world.
- Gym Facilities – the three Gyms of Knyte City, each associated with one of the Plazas.
- Leader: Yun Deloria
- Centra Gym
- Verdan Gym
- Battalia Gym
- Battle Frontier – Knyte City’s local Battle Frontier. Though still under construction, its battle facilities have opened to the public, with the other facilities coming soon.
- Noctis League Entrance – a series of nondescript warehouses along the edge of Battalia Plaza houses the secretive Noctis League. The warehouses actually contain luxurious rooms and nightclubs, with the arenas of the Noctis League hidden further underground.