Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ☆ A Tale of Heroes [OOC/SU]

Default ☆ A Tale of Heroes [OOC/SU]

Theme Song

| The Legend |

~Thousands of Years Ago~
    *Not required to completely understand this Legend

| Current Events |

The World has entered the Third Era. Currently in the midst of a Civil War between the regions of Kale and Grandora, Salos is not exactly the most stable country. Diaz, the King of Grandora has begun his reign of terror on the country. In an effort to attain more power, he has taken control of Kale’s regions to create his own empire, creating his new title of Emperor Diaz. His actions have caused many rebellion groups to arise within the nation, trying to put an end to his takeovers. The aftermath of many battles have left places desolated, slums even. Although there are still many ‘neutral zones’, or rather places that have not been affected by the war, travellers should be weary of venturing into dangerous territory.

Along with the creation of rebellion groups, several industries have been booming. The mining industry has brought in money for thousands of businessman, with people looking for jobs after losing their previous ones. Farms have been doing slightly more poor in the country ever since the start of the war, with less crops being available with each passing year the war goes on. However, a lot of criminal and gang activity has been reported around the country, filled with people who instead of working, steal, kill and do other criminal activities for money. Diaz however, is one step ahead of them.

One of Diaz’s most famous plans, is implementing the Galvez Prison facility for both criminals, rebellion groups, and those who oppose Diaz’s ideals. The prison is a hell-on earth located in the mountains North-West of Kale. Although nobody is sure what goes on in there, it’s evident the prisoners are somehow dealt with, seeing as how nobody has ever come out. Under constant watch, nobody can get in either without permission or approval of access. Now only time can tell how this war will be played out, and how it ends.

| The RP |

Okay guys, that was essentially the introduction. Sorry for so much text, but it doesn’t end there! I still need to explain the world of the RP, and how this will be played out. If you like RPGs and JRPGs, then please, read on!

The RP Itself:
    This RP is going to be a nice, long RP, with lots of interactions. In fact, I will have to split it up into multiple parts, because the storyline is going to change suddenly, and the because there will be so much going on. Part one is going to be called: Reign of Diaz. Don’t worry, the first part itself will be as long as a regular RP (hopefully it will last that long, trust me it gets tense near the end). This is not sandbox, although there will be many times where you will be able to wander around a town and whatnot, hang out with other characters, eat, etc. For the majority of the RP, we will be travelling as a group. Also, a little side note. If you want to create a side arc let me know and we'll sort something out.

The Setting & Your Character:
    First off, this is an original RP, which means it’s not an existing franchise. The time period is not exact (there will be times when it will be slightly more ooutdated/rustic, and times when it will be slightly more modern.), but I guess the closest I can say would be Skyrim-esque, maybe even SAO-esque as well(or some other fantasy-style RPG/JRPG if you can think of one), but slightly more ‘updated’. For example, some guns are allowed as weapons in this RP, as long as they make sense, and it isn’t a machine gun or something (make sure you go by me first before making a gun, this is an absolute MUST). Swords and bows and whatnot are okay as well. World-wise, there’s no map yet of the country, mainly because I will be creating things along the way (although some places are already determined), plus I want other players to be able to make their own side-stories and cities/towns if they want to.

At the start of the RP, the characters will currently be en-route to Galvez Prison for whatever reason that may be. You don’t have to explain this in your character history, but you can if you wish. It will be there that we all meet and greet and find a way out of the prison. The story builds onwards from there, and falls a lot on the shoulders of the characters. Your character should be affected by the war somehow (doesn't have to that major). They shouldn't be too experienced with fighting or using magic, as there is plenty of time to do that throughout the RP.

Note: If you are wondering what the legend has to do with the RP, it is there because there will be several references to it throughout the RP, and plays a huge role later on. Your character doesn't have to be familiar with the legend at all.

Elements:
    There are seven elements in total. Elements are essentially the type of an individual’s attacks and magic. Everyone has an element, although not all can use magic(your characters will be able to use magic). Magic of someone’s own element will be stronger. However, some of your other magic of a different element may be weaker and harder to learn. Essentially magic of your element is easier to learn, and magic of resisting element is harder. Here are the elements:

Fire: Is good against Lightning/ Weak against Water
    Water: Is good against Fire/Weak against Lightning
    Wind: Is good against Earth/ Weak against Earth
    Earth: Is good against Wind/Weak against Wind
    Lightning: Is good against Water/Weak against Fire
    Light: is good against Dark/Weak against Dark
    Dark: Is good against Light/Weak against Light

Magic:
    What’s an RPG without magic? Magic has many uses rather than just attacking. The amount of magic spells created is nearly limitless. Magic can be learned by either practicing, learned from others, or created by one’s self through extensive research and trial and error. They can range from simple attacks, healing spells, shields, etc. Mana is the energy needed to perform Magic. The amount of Mana depends on the person. Some people naturally have larger reserves of Mana, and others do not. The main way of increasing Mana is through training, frequency of usage, and the most common way is just by waiting, as time naturally lets your body increase reserves of mana. There are also items that may increase mana reserves or regeneration.

Note: Any sort of magic regarding the usage of bringing back the dead is off limits. Healing magic is mainly going to be within the elements of Water or Light, but if you can provide a good reason for it being of a different element go ahead.

NPCs

Rules:
    1) All forum rules apply
    2) No bunnying/God-modding. Please, just don't do it. If you don't know what that means let me know.
    3) Please post as frequently as you can. This is one of those RPs that is fun if you keep up.
    4) If you plan being away for a while, please let me know ahead of time. I cannot stress this enough.
    5) Swearing is allowed. Please don't abuse this.
    6) Romance/Sexual stuff I have no problems with, as long as you are not too explicit. Make sure you're not writing a new fifty shades of grey.
    7) Seeing as how this is a little more mature, expect blood. It probably won't be to the extent of horror movies or anything, but expect violence.
    8) Please be realistic when there is fighting. I know there's magic and whatnot, so that doesn't really apply, but if your character gets punched in the face, act like they actually did get punched rather than take it like it was nothing.

Sign-Up Sheet:

My Sign-Up:

Accepted List:
    Last edited by Jegretis; 8th February 2014 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

Default Re: ☆ A Tale of Heroes [OOC/SU]

This RP looks awesome! Could I reserve a spot?

Yes you can! You are reserved.

I also would like to place a reserve, if possible.

You are also reserved, good sir.

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

Name: Tadamara Harkeith

Appearence:
    Tadamara stands at 5'11" and weighs in about 189 pounds. He is very muscly from working as a farm hand. He has long brown hair and a trimmed beard. He has warm brown eyes the kind that are inviting and friendly. His skin is tanned and hardened from his years in the sun. He wears armor passed down from generations. It's a a unique set in the fact it's said to be blessed by a king himself. The armor is white gold and glows a feint silver. Underneath the armor are Mage robes that are blue black with a hood that covers Tadamara's face. He also has a gold ruby ring that is said to have been worn by his great grandfather durin a famous skirmish with a evil warlock.

Personality: Tadamara is a loyal friend and a good companion. He is very shy and a bit naive from years of homeschooling and limited interaction with others. He's very smart as he's devoted his life to scholarly pursuits. But don't confuse Tadamara's timidness for weakness when forced to fight he fights with a fury and vigor unmatched by many. Underneath all his kindness is a deep rage as he watched General Tulius kill his mother and sister in front of him. He carries a deep vendetta against the general and will stop at nothing to kill him.

History: Tadamara grew up on a farm in Eastern Salos. He is a fourth generation battle Mage and farmer. He learned the way of magic under his grandfather and father while his mother taught him about hand to hand combat. Being good with a scythe and a sword had it's drawbacks as his father was constantly called away for bounties or problems while the rest of the family scrambled to get the crops ready for harvest. He grew up with his sister who was a talented singer. At the age of 15 she left home to perform around the country as a famous bard. Being jealous of his sister he worked hard to be a great student and Mage. At the age of 20 he was the best Mage in three county's. All that changed when general Tulius under orders from emperor Diaz. He slaughtered the town for "propaganda against the emperor". Tadamara fought on the front lines trying to get the women and children evacuated but they were no match and the armies caught everyone. As punishment Tulius killed all the women and children and imprisoned the men. Tadamara is on his way to jail and wants revenge at all costs.

Hometown: Iccirus located in southern Salos it is a farming community and teams with wildlife. After the invasion by Diaz's forces it's a food source for hungry solders. While being a job for many slaves.

Weapon: A steel Mace handed down from generations. Due to its beauty it's rumored to be made by angels themselves. It has a enchantment said to sap the energy from the weilders foes.
    (A normal iron mace after escaping jail)

Element: Fire

Magic:
    Fireballs(Fire)- the wielder shoots fireballs from their hands.
    War Voice(Light)- the Mage yells a inspirational chant that inspires his comrades and powers up their weapons
    Burning Judgement(Fire)- the mage calls flames from the floor to burn his enemies.
    Last edited by BadAssKoala; 31st January 2014 at 11:29 PM.

@Koala: You are accepted! However, the only thing that I would possibly change is the weapon. Reason being, is that our characters will be stripped of their weapons at the beginning of the RP, so there's really no way to get it back.

This is just a bump, to see if anyone else is interested in joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegretis View Post
    This is just a bump, to see if anyone else is interested in joining.
    Seeing as there is totally no response at the RPG Sign-up that I have just made recently, I might consider joining yours. After all, you have more players here, and we shouldn't waste that.

Give it a few more days, and if there really is nobody interested in mine, I'll make a character here. Is that alright with you?

@Rayzen: Yes, that is totally fine with me. I shall put you down for a reserve then.

Make my day, Internet. White Raven's Avatar

Reserve me, please.

I shall reserve you as well.

I have a question about a character before I make them. What if my character Is experienced in magic but isn't experienced in other stuff. Might that be acceptable?

I think you will have to expand on that for me, I don't quite understand what you mean by 'other stuff' lol.

Survival skills, such as setting up a tent, physical attributes, such as being able to fight well with weapons or dish out with her fists or win a struggle if need be, etc. etc. She can tend to injury and utilize magic, but that's it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast