StarShip: Kanto (Start Up) - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: StarShip: Kanto (Start Up)

Blog Entries

Default Re: StarShip: Kanto (Start Up)

Jeff couldn't keep himself from facepalming. The friggin' captain had no idea where they were going? This was not how Jeff had envisioned his first mission on this ship, with a man who would've looked incompetent on McHale's Navy.

Anyone listening closely enough might have heard three taps coming from the area of Jeff's feet, along with an almost silent there's no place like home...
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Registered User WanderingNamekian's Avatar

((I didn't think so, I just wanted to be sure before I responded. Also, the picture made me laugh pretty hard))

Arty smiled, not quite sure how to take what had just happened. Was the Captain hitting on him? Nah, probably not, maybe he was just being polite? Or something? "Oh... well, very good then, I suppose. Also, sir, as Medical Officer, I should probably tell you that seeing as we keep it at about 65 degrees here on the bridge, you might want to wear a shirt. Not that I'm making any statement about my personal opinion of your shirtlessness, just that you could get sick."

Yes, that statement definitely made it perfectly clear that he wasn't interested in the Captain.

------------------------------------------------------

Mori sighed at the Captain's behavior, although for a moment she was distracted by the fact that he was hitting on Arty. She watched Arty for his response, but (as usual) it divulged nothing about his sexual orientation or his interest in the person hitting on him.

She then turned back to Jeff. "Don't worry, I know where we're going. We'll be staying in our galaxy for now, but we'll be moving to the Delta Quadrant. I'll let the Captain know that as soon as we're actually going to get underway.

Blog Entries

"We shall go and fight the enemy...On the moon." Eliot says thoughtfully, patting Arty on the head and going to the window. "If the galaxy makes itself our enemy, we shall crush it! The universe is our oyster, gentlemen and women!
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

"Oh...dear... I believe our Captain may be insane," Mori said to Jeff. Looks like we got lucky, our Captain may be insane, this ship is all but Team Rocket property now. We might as well paint a giant red "R" on the side of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arty was a bit confused by the Captain's response, but took it to mean that he wasn't going to put on a shirt, and decided that talking to him might not produce the desired results. He supposed it was probably alright to talk to Mori now, as it wouldn't really be suspicious at this point. He walked over to her and the helmsman, with a smile.

"Hello again," Arty said to Mori. "I haven't seen you since that Orientation meeting a month ago, how have things been?"

"Oh, they've been going well." They'd worked out a story long in advance, so that it wouldn't seem strange that they had the same rocket-shaped charm, or in case they acted too familiar with each other too early. "Yes, it's good to see you again also, Dr. Norton, correct?"

"Yes, that's right."

"I see that you were the first to actually speak to the Captain, and from his actions toward you his reputation as one who flirts with most human beings that are remotely aesthetically pleasing was more than well deserved. I do hope he and I don't have any... problems. Although, from his dress... or rather lack thereof, I believe that hope is in all likelihood a futile one."

"One certainly couldn't call him serious, but I think his heart is in the right place. After all, one could hardly call me serious either," Arty answered. "Although it looks like most of the burden of leadership may fall to you, Commander."

It seemed that Arty agreed with her about the fact that the ship would be fairly easy to control, at least in a practical sense, and was trying to tell her that without making it obvious. Veiled speech had become almost second nature to them, due to numerous undercover missions, so decoding such messages was a simple task for her.

"Only if it must. I have no intention of taking any sort of responsibilities unnecessarily, besides, there is always the chance that he is only like this because we are still on the ground, and that as soon as we take off and he has real responsibility, he will become more attentive. I'm sure he was made Captain for a good reason."

Mori suddenly realized that there was a very important possible downside to a fun-loving, whimsical Captain, such as theirs. If he took nothing seriously, he would probably have a difficult time keeping secrets, most importantly, her secret. If he was as irresponsible as he seemed, the whole crew might soon know she was a Team Rocket agent. Perhaps she and the Captain would need to have a talk in the near future.

Blog Entries

"Pardon me, but does anyone know where the weapons are kept?" Eliot queries. "I must test them to see which one would be best to take with me in the event that I fire myself out of the cannon and through the window of the enemy base."

OOC: Just FYI, I'm totally gonna copy you! Also, @, can there be an enemy base on the moon?

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

This guy can't be serious, Jeff thought. Did captains get their licenses from Frosted Flakes boxes nowadays? He shot an irritated look at Mori, his eyes saying You're the First Officer. Can't you do something about this joker?

OOC: In case it isn't blatantly obvious, my character has lost all faith in the "captain" of this ship.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

@Mouthful of Pi The moon? Hmmm, maybe a bit further, like Jupiter. But your character cracks me up!

End of Mingle: Time for Takeoff!!!!

You are now headed towards enemy base in Jupiter, Take positions :P

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries

"You guys ready down there?" Chris radioed down to the engine room.

"Yes but, are you sure the gravity suppressors are going to work?" they radioed back.

"Of course I am! They are of my own secret design," Chris said (beginning to rant),"The power is equivalent to that of a black hole and...and... Never mind! Just fire them up!"

"Yes, Sir!"
    Last edited by Snivy Nation; 27th November 2011 at 06:59 PM.
    The Snivy are taking over

Mori gave Jeff a sympathetic look, but made sure to keep her voice low as she spoke to him. "As I said, I can do no more than make sure I am in control of as many vital functions as possible. I don't have the power to actually change his position on our ship, as much as I might like to do so."

Maybe this was all an act? Just to see if she tried to seize power, and if she did call her out as a Team Rocket agent without breaking any of the League agreements? She looked back at the Captain. There was no way he could be that smart, was there? Either way, she wasn't about to stage a mutiny. In all honesty, she was better as the power behind the throne... or in this case the Captain's chair. This way, if she picked up the slack for his failings, everyone would see her as the hard working First Officer, doing the jobs of two people, which would make her beyond reproach. It was unlikely that anyone would take issue with anything she did. If she were to usurp him, however, she would have to constantly be on the lookout for others to usurp her. She was in a much more stable position, if she was behind the Captain, at least for now.

For now, she would just take command, picking up the slack for the Captain. "All hands, prepare for departure. Our destination is Jupiter, as it is within the same Solar System, Warp is unnecessary. Mr. Ferguson, please take us at a rate of about .1 Astronomical Units a minute, at that rate we should reach the planet within an hour. Alert me when we are half an AU away and I will give further instructions."

Mori pressed a button on the console that put her voice in over the whole ship.

"Attention all Crewmembers, this is your First Officer speaking. Listen carefully to the following instructions. We'll be infiltrating an enemy base on the moon Europa. All soldiers and trained fighters, please double check your personal weapons. Trainers, if your Pokemon are in anything less than top physical condition, please report to the medical wing to have them restored to full health. Please, all those qualified for away missions, report to Transporter Room 1, and wait for further instructions. Thank you."

She looked over at Arty, "Dr. Norton, you need to return to the Medical Wing. ASAP."

"Got it!" Arty, smiled at her and turned to go. "Come on, Watson. Let's go get our Medical Wing set up." With that Arty turned to go, with his Absol behind him.

"Thank you. Everyone: stations! We'll be departing within fifteen minutes!"

Blog Entries

OOC: So we aren't actually departing yet? Okay...

IC: Now that it was just about time for the ship to embark, Jeff turned his attention to his console, ready to carry out the instruction of the First Officer. "Engines are powered up. Destination and speed locked in." He felt a lot more comfortable taking orders from her than from the yutz in the Big Chair. Also, since the captain was a total doofus, he was suddenly glad they weren't leaving the Sol System. As a precaution, though, he made sure to turn off the parking brake. He turned back to Mori. "We're ready to go."

OOC: Just out of curiosity, what's an enemy base doing in our system, anyway?

Blog Entries

"Alright. Whoever's in charge of gunnery, prepare the missiles, and target them at the largest window of the enemy base." Eliot says. Now wielding an assault rifle in each hand, he was squeezing himself into a hollowed out missile and trying to load himself into one of the guns.

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

OOC- They want to take down our ship, they don't like the idea of us going after them >:D

3, 2, 1, TAKE OFF!!!!!
    You and you crew are now in space :)

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries

The ship was now in space, and that damnfool calling himself a captain was squeezing himself into a hollow missile. Which was fine with Jeff, because it meant he wasn't on the bridge, which meant there were fewer things that could go wrong. At any rate, they still had somewhere to go, as Mori said. Jeff pressed his controls. "Impulse engines engaged at full power. ETA: one hour."

With the ship on her way, Jeff turned his attention to his tactical board. The "captain" had ordered him to prepare the missiles for firing, and now that he was in one of the missiles, Jeff was only too happy to oblige.

Blog Entries

"Turns out I am unable to fit into one." Eliot says. "Perhaps I should go on a diet...Oh well. Anyway, Mr. Jeff, you try." He says, and starts trying to squeeze Jeff into a missile.

Blog Entries

Okay, [BLEEP] this! Jeff thought as the idiot Eliot started trying to get him into a missile. Of course, now this gave him the perfect reason to do what he'd wanted to do since this mission started. He delivered an uppercut to Eliot's jaw that broke the man's hold on him. Jeff then grabbed the phaser that was kept beneath his console. Pointing it at Eliot, he fired point-blank.

OOC: I think this means Mori's in command now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast