Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon) - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon)

@Ampiomodio
    @bpj1999
    @Tye Taylors
    @Renewal
    @JakkuEbansu
    @Oerba Yun Jay
    @Jester
    @Milo†icgirl McQüeen
    @Stellar Haze

For the record: All future Research Projects must first be submitted to me via PM for approval (and to be given a completion time) before they can be initiated in-thread. I realize there are currently some research projects running that weren't submitted, but go ahead and consider those approved for the sake of simplicity.

Furthermore, all major changes to your civilization are considered Research Projects (establishing a new base on an adjacent planet, restructuring your government, etc.) - not just scientific advancements.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

For a second I thought this was the start up, I almost crapped my pants at the sheer number of posts...
    Master Mew and Yun like this.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Ah, my bad. Well, how long will it take for the research to complete itself?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Jay View Post
    For the projects that weren't submitted? I'm going to say 2 RL days from the time they were started (so, since most of them started yesterday, they'll be complete tomorrow).

Yun
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Jay View Post
    For the projects that weren't submitted? I'm going to say 2 RL days from the time they were started (so, since most of them started yesterday, they'll be complete tomorrow).
    Oh, well that's cool ^^ At least my stuff hasn't been baleeted >_>

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Ok, great. I already have an idea for survival needs on other planets.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampiomodio View Post
    Ok, great. I already have an idea for survival needs on other planets.
    Just don't forget to PM me the details for approval.

@Piximon
    Are you still planning on signing up?

Blog Entries

Race Name: Weeaboo
    Home System: Amine
    Home Planet: Nipon
    Appearance: The Weeaboo are humanoid, but their appearance is off. Their eyes are much shinier than those of most humans, and often much larger. They also have variation in shape. The noses on the other hand are almost all the same: Almost always very small. Their mouths, instead of opening vertically, expand in all directions. Thus, when closed, Weeaboo mouths look tiny, but when open, they are very large.
    As far as hair color goes, it can be any color, likewise with their eyes. Their skin is usually pale, as their planet is fairly far from the sun, though some of the ones that live in the more central regions have darker skin. Skin color has no correlation with hair color. Some of them have animal ears jutting out of their heads. This is viewed as simply another trait they might have, much like a human might have freckles or a beauty mark.
    The different genders look surprisingly similar: Most of the men have long hair on their heads, with facial hair being very rare. The women invariably have either very large, or very nonexistent breasts.
    Examples:
    President Nuyiash: http://images.wikia.com/inuyasha/images/1/18/Inuyasha111.jpg
    General Takano: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16000000/Konata-Izumi-konata-izumi-16005893-274-537.gif
    Lamar Louze (A famous actor known throughout all of Nipon): http://www.mangacastle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/lelouch_lemperouge.jpg
    Population: 9 billion
    Biology: The Weeaboo are quite humanlike, due to their planet being conveniently earthlike, with a few quirks. For one, while it's close enough to the sun, the atmosphere is stronger than that of most worlds, blocking out a lot of UV rays. Thus, most of them have a fairly low melanin content in their skin. This is also why they often have fairly large eyes: Without as much danger of burning their eyes out, they were able to allow for better sight. Another thing is they can run very fast. This was evolved to compete against predators, who were also very fast. However, to support this, they need to eat about 50% more than most other races.
    Advantages/Disadvantages:
    Advantages: Their large eyes take in images faster than most, giving them better reflexes. They can also run fairly fast. 20 mph is considered a brisk jog, while 30 mph can be achieved for short amounts of time.
    Disadvantages: They have to eat much more than other races, and they find it very difficult to understand the concept of dishonesty: Unless it's obvious someone is lying, they'll almost always believe anything they hear, whether it's that someone is killing people by writing their names in a notebook or that a person is an esper.
    Other (Dunno which it is. Maybe both? It's really more a cultural thing): The Weeaboos have an extremely high regard for honor. Stealing is rare, and most will never lie unless someone would die due to it. So, as a whole, Weeaboos are more likely to play fair, both in war and in politics.
    Technology Level: Earth-level.

Completed Research:
    Project Name: Stream
    Technology being Researched: FTL Travel
    Description of Technology/Research: The Stream works on the principal that matter is simply hypercondensed energy. Through extremely complex methods, it converts matter in a set area into energy. Now weightless, whatever was converted is sent to a given area, almost instantaneously, where it is then reconstituted.
    Time to Complete: One week ago on the Weeaboo calendar.

History: The Weeaboo evolved from a race of omnivorous, pack-based primates living in the northern planes of Nipon. Most of the predators were very fast, so they evolved to be faster. Eventually, a relatively intelligent early Weeaboo discovered fire. Other Weeaboo flocked around her, and the first Weeabooan civilization was born. As the Weeaboo were since the start pack animals, they were very good at cooperating. While there were occasionally multiple civilizations, they very rarely went to war. Instead, the countries usually just merged. Eventually, the entire planet was controlled by the democratic republic of Rumiko.

On Nipon, food was quite abundant. As such, the Weeaboo rarely had to fight. There was lots of fertile soil, and as such, farming was fairly easy. Thus, culturally, they are very, very trusting. This has helped them a lot as far as crime rate: Crime is almost totally unheard of for them. However, it has not helped with keeping their population down. At 9 billion, their world was getting overcrowded. Conveniently, Weeaboo scientists had just discovered the principles behind Streaming. Current president Nuyiash decided that, to save their world, they would have to find another one among the stars in the sky.

Fleet:

Ship Types: The current ship designs you are using. Ship design profiles below. Ship designs are not a research topic-you can come up with them pretty quickly. But unless you have weapons, battleships, fighters, carriers and whatnot, are not of much use.
    Ship Name: The Gradius Siguard
    Ship Type: Scouter
    Appearance: What does it look like?
    Weapons: Nope.
    Other: It has radio and internet, but the systems for transmitting them quickly aren't on line yet.
    Military: The Weeaboo have a strong respect for the military. However, since the planet is controlled by one nation, and they have fairly low crime, there are few positions available. This means that while the military population is only about 0.1% of the population, or about nine million strong, this military is very well-trained.

Ground Vehicles/Weapons: Instead of guns, which aren't very useful against Weeaboo due to their sharpened reflexes and high agility, they use swords. Over the ages, these have evolved from simple sharpened pieces of metal, to simple sharpened pieces of metal with extremely hot edges which can melt most armor. As far as war vehicles, they use bipedal machines, with a single "head" in the center. This head is usually equipped with a high-caliber gatling gun or some form of artillery fire.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

@Kona-Chan: ACCEPTED!

I was going to ask you to tone down your race's speed advantage, but I looked it up and apparently Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt (Jamaica) has been clocked at 27.3 MPH so with a tweaked biological structure, I suppose it is feasible (though Bolt only maintained that speed for 20 meters).

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Yes I am still gonna sign up, but I am lacking inspiration for advantages and disadvantages. That's the one snag.

EDIT: Done!

Race Name: Ruta (Rutans)
    Home System: Rutus (2 planets, one inhabited full-time, one will eventually be used for R&D and testing of inventions)
    Home Planet: Rutus Prime (1 moon)
    Appearance: They are pretty much those flying mailman guys from LoZ: Wind Waker.
    Population: 6 billion
    Biology: They are birdlike, and as such are accustomed to thin air. (they breathe oxygen) However, they can only last about 10 seconds holding their breath and need to eat and drink much more often than humans.
    Advantages: Flight, strong sense of unity
    Disadvantages: Technophobia (to a degree), poor stamina
    Technology Level: Standard
    Alliances: N/A
    Completed Research: FTL Tech
    Project Name: Project Goldenwing
    Technology being Researched: FTL Tech
    Description of Technology/Research: Vessels have two claws that shoot out and pinch space so that the vessel only has to travel a short distance as opposed to a long one. This wears off after a short while.
    Time to Complete: Start: 5th day of The Moon of Jonnaut, (the equivalent of January IRL) Rutan Year 6440; End: 17th day of The Moon of Makar, (March) Rutan Year 6444 (current date is Jonnaut 6446)
    History: At the beginning of time, the Rutans gathered into small family groups, which eventually grew into tribes. On 16th Janjar, 2098, the Grand Treaty was signed, unifying all the Ruta tribes into The Grand Nation of Ruta, ruled by a Grand Council which is presided over by a king. Today the original signers of the treaty are revered as gods among men.
    Fleet: 1 vessel
    Ship Types: Gamma Class; the king’s personal yachts. He really only has one, but there are backups. The name of the yacht is Grand Ruta.
    Ship Name: Grand Ruta, or Gamma Class. Idk which you want here.
    Ship Type: The king’s yacht.
    Appearance: Think of the Rebels’ capital ship from Star Wars (Mon Calamari Space Cruiser IIRC) but smaller.
    Weapons: None.
    Other: Basic stuff as far as communications. It has a kitchen, sleeping quarters, and everything else the king needs.
    Military: 2 percent, because there hasn’t been much call for them. However, the entire race would sign up in two shakes of a lamb’s tail if need be.
    Ground Vehicles/Weapons: No ground vehicles. After all, they can fly. They have all of modern Earth’s weapons available, but they never use them.
    Last edited by Italy-kun; 28th January 2012 at 12:23 PM.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

*bump*

Sign-Ups are always open, folks! Feel free to jump in!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345