Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon) - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon)

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon)

So how will members of one planet interact with the other again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Haze View Post
    So how will members of one planet interact with the other again?
    That will be one of the first problems your race will have to solve.

Remember, though: None of the races even know about each other yet. As far as they know, they are the only intelligent life in the Universe. The first thing you'll need to do is start figuring out how to look for other life in the Universe (much like today's scientists are doing in the real-world).

ALSO, IMPORTANT NOTE: All Research Projects must be submitted to Master Mew for approval (as well as to be given a completion date). Furthermore, "Research" applies not only to scientific endeavors, but any major, time-consuming change your race is making to its society, technology, or world (restructuring your government to better communicate as a whole with outside entities, for example, would be a research project).

Also, in the post where you begin your Research Project, please mention the initiation of the project in an OOC.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Also do we have to pick specific characters for each of our worlds? or is that optional?

Blog Entries

Also do we have to pick specific characters for each of our worlds? or is that optional?
    It's optional - but my goodness would it be boring if you didn't.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Actually kind of I'm used to normal RPs. Plus it's hard to control a whole world of characters...

...wait so basically until we figure out how to go to other planets and stuff we're basically RPing alone?

Blog Entries

Actually kind of I'm used to normal RPs. Plus it's hard to control a whole world of characters...
    Not a whole world of characters... just the important ones. The leader of your planet (or leaders, if your planet isn't unified) who will be interacting with the leaders of other planets need to have names and faces, for example.
    ...wait so basically until we figure out how to go to other planets and stuff we're basically RPing alone?
    For... gosh, I don't know, maybe one real-life day at most. I'm sure your planet will begin picking up signals from other planets pretty quickly.

It's pretty standard fare to start your character out alone for the first few posts to establish them anyway, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yeah I guess I just have one problem...

I'm not smart enough to actually come up with ways to contact other universes in a scientific fashion.

Blog Entries

Yeah I guess I just have one problem...

I'm not smart enough to actually come up with ways to contact other universes in a scientific fashion.
    None of us are. That's why humanity hasn't managed to contact other sentient life (if there even is any).

That's the beauty of this RP. Per the title, Stars in the Sky is a "Sci-Fi RPG." Science-Fiction is a core theme of the roleplay, so it's ok to use "made-up science." In fact, it's almost a requirement.

Just make it up, use basic scientific jargon, and you'll be on par with the rest of us. We're all making it up.

@Master Mew

So when does my research complete? If I get on tomorrow in the morning will it be done or do I need to wait 24 hours from the post that I announced it in?
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tye Taylors View Post
    @Master Mew

So when does my research complete? If I get on tomorrow in the morning will it be done or do I need to wait 24 hours from the post that I announced it in?
    To prevent things from getting too complicated, research times will be measured in calendar-days only. So yes, if you get on tomorrow morning, it will be complete.

Just don't be abusive (submitting research at 11:55 P.M. to be completed five minutes later).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Just don't be abusive (submitting research at 11:55 P.M. to be completed five minutes later).
    WHY DOES EVERYONE STEAL MY IDEAS!!!!!!!! jk jk

Note to self:

He didn't say anything about 11:59.59 >:D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tye Taylors View Post
    WHY DOES EVERYONE STEAL MY IDEAS!!!!!!!! jk jk

Note to self:

He didn't say anything about 11:59.59 >:D
    I'll just wait one minute to approve it.

I'll just wait one minute to approve it.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shock, I'm applying lol. Might try something out of my conmfort zone xD

Race Name: Ledonan (singular), Ledons (plural)

Home System: Euphastesia (Contains, three planets. One small rocky one further out of the star Depania, and strangely, two very similar sized planet’s on the same orbit, except they are 100% parallel of each other on different sides of Depania.

Home Planet: Temkif (the one with more land) is the actual home planet from the two planets in the same orbit. The opposite side planet is very very similar just on the complete opposite side of the same orbit (Fikmet).

Appearance: Predominantly a female planet, the species are comparable to humans in their shape. However, they are taller than humans, and the woman have distinctive “seductress” bodies, whilst males have slim, athletic build.

Their skin is of pale complexion, and women have gold liquid covering parts of their body. This liquid is said to be representative of the ability of the women, with the more she is covered, the more tempting, powerful and alluring she is. Males are attracted to the scent of the gold liquid. Unlike females, the males cannot create this liquid, and instead rely on brute strength. The species only grow hair on their head. Women’s hair is long and tied back, making a tail that goes far back down to their feet and can move. Their feet grow little stilettos on their heels. Males’ hair is usually kept to shoulder length and they cover themselves with animal skin.

Population: Around 2 billion. Males are born on average once in every two thousand, therefore roughly there should be around 1 million males but obviously there’s a few more as that’s just a rough average.

Biology: Males are fierce, dirty and pumping with masculine energy. Unlike human males, their heart rate is lower, and their body is much harder containing traces of titanium. Every year when it is summer on the home planet Temkif, males return and mate with females and after a period of an Earth’s two months, return back to Fikmet for 10 months. The females are seductresses and are protective of young, but many females decide never to have children, as being a female powered planet, they decide to have a fun life for themselves.

Advantages: They are able to live on land like humans, but also on water, and walk on water. When in water, their body absorbs minerals and oxygen without trying like osmosis. Also, the females, not having hypnotism, but can allure men with great success.

Disadvantages: Many of the disadvantages of Ledons’ are similar to humans, in the sense they have the weakspot of the heart e.t.c Also, a problem that doesn’t occur on their planet, but could on others is when in waters, toxic elements like mercury is not filtered out and therefore poisons their insides.

Technology Level: Technology is not of a higher level than other species out there. This is due to the fact that the only technology that does seem to be developed is by those females that don’t want young and a stable family and relationship. These Ledons are also usually the ones in power back home since they only have intimacy for fun and not procreation, therefore are more powerful in that sense.

Alliances:

Current Research
    AFS – Automatic Filtration Suit
    Due to not branching out of their system yet, the Lodans have never experienced toxic substances in water. However, what is starting to happen is as the planet also industrialises and becomes modern, the waters are noticing very subtle levels of pollution, and although no Lodans have been killed yet, it is an increasing problem and due to no background knowledge and the rate of economic growth, the need to find the technology soon.

Completed Research(Assuming Earth technology is available here too this is just added bonuses right)

PEA – Pressure Elimination Aid
    A creation that took many thousands of years to finally complete, this is a creation that is now a necessity in modern researching fields and everyday life. PEA comes in two forms, a transparent cream that is lathered on and which then locks on to the body and can then be used when swimming in water and is easily taken off by using the Neutralise Wipe, which is a manmade wipe that contains a special artificial substance that undoes the cream’s use and lockability factor, allowing it to be rinsed off easily and a harmless biodegradable substance when finished after use.

The second however, is used for technological and industrial level. Anything that is not living uses PEA in form of a jelly like sheet, almost like gelatine properties. This comes in all shapes and sizes, and is transparent once again. It coats and locks onto non-living items which it recognizes and is taken off by living hand’s touch. Therefore, unlike the cream which neutralizes it, the Sheet for of PEA can be used again and again, making it sustainable.

History:
    Lodans have a very similar history as humans. The belief is that they were created when abiogenesis occurred. Many million years later and evolutions later, Lodans were created as the current species (after Lofads).

Since Lodan era, some rare females went against the natural force of nature of mating with one male and looking after their young all their life. Instead they had paved their own roles, and this led to new technologies and females controlling the planet Temkif.

Proposed by the government, now made up of female Lodans, a military was needed and as the men by nature were brutal, they decided to make military base and anything related on the similar planet that was opposite them across the star. From then on every male after reaching Gatyulon, would then be seen to be able to fight and be taken off to Fikmet.

Fikmet homed the males for 10 months, where they would train, increase military power and also have the advantage of staying on watch. However, for two months, they retrned to Temkif and breed with their females (if they wished).

Temkif now a developed planet contains different countries, with Ice caps at both poles, and a very large island near the equator which is used as the site for government females to meet up and important matters took place.

Temkif also contain a Queen. However, she is chosen specially. Her gold juices are the highest and cover her entire body, looking like gold skin. There she is immensely alluring. Yet, every Queen that has ever been is never allowed to mate or have intimacy with a male. Due to that she can become a lot more colder than normal females.

Fleet
    Ship Name: Testosmil
    Ship Type: Military Vessel
    Appearance: A humungous spaceship, as it is the one that not only connects Temkif with Fikmet, but is used by the males when on Fikmet. It is a long rectangle shape with windows across the side and a large glass front for the pilot to see.
    Weapons: As a military vessel it contains rockets and holes at the top which allow male Lodans to come out of, be stabilised and fire.
    Other: Electromagnetic Spectrum compatibility, reading all wave messages and can connect back to other machines if ever found.
    Military: A measly 0.05% approx. As on average a male is born every 1/2000th and every male specie automatically become part of the military. The 2.999 billion women never fight.

Ground Vehicles/Weapons: Smaller tanks are inside and Lodans, although can use their own strength have developed sharp objects resembling swords and knives as well as bullets.

And yes I did take inspiration from Grendel’s mother from Beowulf (played by Angelina Jolie so go take a peek on Google images cos not posting that image here….indecency)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milo†icgirl McQüeen View Post
    Shock, I'm applying lol. Might try something out of my conmfort zone xD
    Yes, it is shocking!
    And yes I did take inspiration from Grendel’s mother from Beowulf (played by Angelina Jolie so go take a peek on Google images cos not posting that image here….indecency)
    I suspected you drew inspiration from Grendel's Mother. So... do all the females on Temkif look like Angelina Jolie? (Expect a hasty alliance with Aridae )

In all seriousness, however: ACCEPTED! Your System has been added to the map.

You appear to be lacking a Faster-Than-Light technology. Planning on developing one later?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast