Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon) - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon)

Default Re: Stars in the Sky (Non-Pokémon)

Race Name: Necroraptors or Necros (slang)
    Home System: Umbra, a system containing only 2 planets (Noctis and Arcana). Both inhabited by Necros, but Arcana still has some society left of it's original inhabitants. (Will be explained in history)
    Home Planet: Noctis; Noctis has an orbit around it's sun during which half of the Necroraptor year (400 days to the year) the planet is extremely close to the sun and the other half is extremely far, this causes the Necroraptors to be extremely adaptable to climate change. The surface of Noctis is completely covered with land, which is mountainous in appearence. The water that does exist on this planet runs underground through natural caverns which are plentiful on Noctis.
    Appearance(Caution, a few pictures):

Population: 2 billion to Noctis and 2 billion to Arcana
    Biology:

Advantages: High Adaptability, Amazing Physical Capabilities
    Disadvantages: Unable to build it's own technology, weak to large caliber rounds and laser based weaponry cuts through easily
    Technology Level: Necroraptors only adapt bio-tech within their own genetic code. Necros have enslaved the human-like "Arcanians" who build them ships with the scraps left of the war-torn world to assist in expansion if ever needed.
    Alliances:
    Current Research:

Completed Research:

History: The Necroraptors had evolved on their home planet out of nothing, they breed and grew independently from the outside universe. Due to thier maternal hive-mind, they have a matriarchal society which keeps them united with no chance of rebellion. Unknown date, many cycles ago (a cycle is one of the 400 day years) a human-like race scouted the planet of Noctis, they became startled on what they found. Out of fear they attacked the hives, oblivious to the actually intelligence of what they were faceing. The Necros forced the scouts into submission, overwhelming them with numbers. Then a battalion of them where sent back with the scouts to invade Arcana. Arcana had not seen it coming and once the first town had fallen, a Queen Mother hive was established and then conquest began. After 7 cycles, all that were left were refugee camps that pledged loyalty. The camps live in small pockets and offer both sacrifice and technology for their safety. So the people of Arcana communicate with and assist the Necroraptors in survival and expansion.

Fleet: 100, 50 to each planet. (More are added when needed)

Ship Types:

Military: 95% All warriors are bred to fight and do whatever task is needed for the hive, the only slightly passive fighters are the queens. Praetorians function as generals.

Ground Vehicles/Weapons: None, they use their own claws and tails...occasionally spitting acid.
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 4th February 2012 at 02:34 PM.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Done. This is the most work I've ever done for an RP that's not my own. This is gonna rock .

Race Name: Siduria, or Sidurians
    Home System: Ladura - a binary system, with six planets orbiting around the primary star D'ladura and the smaller M'ladura.
    Home Planet: In'idura. A dry arid world, with limited oceans; most of the planet's water is locked in underground seas.

Appearance: The Siduria are a caste-based race and society, though in general have a superficial resemblance to humans. All Sidurians have four eyes, four arms with three fingers on each hand, and two legs.

The highest caste, Ma’zyduria, or Supremes, are weak and fragile, with small, underdeveloped bodies, short limbs, and oversized heads; their eyes are pale and milky, and their skin is hairless. The next caste, the Zyduria, or Superiors, are more humanoid, though taller at an average height of seven feet, with lankier frames and limbs; like the Supremes, their skin is pale and hairless, and their eyes are a milky grey. The next and middle caste, the Mala’iduria, or Soldiers, are the most similar to humans, and universally have bright yellow eyes. The next and largest caste, the Iduria, or Workers, are also roughly humanoid, though shorter at an average height of 5 feet, and have dull orange eyes. Lastly, the base caste, the Inla’iduria, or Searchers, are similar to the Iduria, but with slightly shorter and stouter builds, a pronounced hunchback among the adults, and bright red eyes.

Population: Roughly a billion Workers and Searchers, and approximately four hundred million Soldiers, but scarcely more than a million Supremes and Superiors combined.
    Biology: The Siduria are mammalian. The Siduria have an essentially human biology, though with some key differences. Notably, the Siduria effectively share a hive mind, via the constant emission of various pheromones that communicate the sum of each Sidurian’s emotional and physical state. The Supremes are dedicated entirely to the reception of these pheromones, and are most sensitive to them; their lives are spent doing nothing but ensuring the transmission of the messages contained within. The Superiors share a symbiotic relationship with the Supremes, and are best able to interpret the Supremes’ relayed messages. Otherwise, the Soldiers, Workers, and Searchers are similar to humans in every way, except for intelligence.

Advantages: Relay thought quickly and effectively; very peaceful and agreeable
    Disadvantages: Their pheromone hive mind is entirely reliant on the natural mix of factors in In’iduria’s environment; in artificial environments or on other worlds, the pheromones are very easily destroyed, leaving each Sidurian crippled. In addition, the Siduria are very social; they rely on the assistance and feedback of every Sidurian around them. Each caste faces biological drawbacks as well: the Supremes and Superiors are frail, clumsy, and slow, though intelligent; the Soldiers, Workers, and Searchers, though durable and rather hardy, are instinctually conditioned to follow commands rather than think for themselves. Indeed, when cut off from the hive mind, Searchers revert entirely to base instincts, unable to function independently.

Technology Level: The Siduria eschew most modern communication technologies, favoring their biological hive mind. In addition, only Supremes and Superiors have the freedom to regularly enjoy the comforts of modern technology.

Alliances: n/a

Research:

Current Research: n/a

Completed Research:

History:

Fleet: Currently 1 Scouting Vessel

Ship Name: Doma’siduria
    Image:

Ship Type: Scouting vessel
    Appearance: A narrow frame with a transparent canopy in front, with a bulky, rounded cabin in the rear. A Doma'siduria can house six people, with four fitting comfortably in the cockpit. The bulky pods in the side house the Paradigm Shift Inducer, and are the most heavily reinforced and insulated sections of the ship. The forward swept wings allow some atmospheric flight, and also serves as the ship's primary communications array. The ship's computer and secondary communications system are housed just behind the cockpit, before the living quarters.
    Weapons: Unarmed
    Other: Basic communications relay, and Sidurian pheromone enhancer.

Military: Roughly 25%; may increase to up to 60% in times of crisis. Soldiers make up 25% of the Sidurian population, and are dedicated wholly to the military. Reserve troops may be pulled from the Worker population. Searchers can be mobilized, but their effectiveness and adaptability is highly limited. Ultimately however, the Sidurian military was a token force until modern times, leading to young and inexperienced troops making up essentially the entirety of the Sidurian military.

Ground Vehicles/Weapons: Basic Earth-like vehicles, though an emphasis is placed on size and efficiency. Their weaponry is archaic, reproductions of weapons from the pre-impact era. However, Zydurian scientists have a theoretical mastery of the principles needed for ‘modern’ warfare, and have begun researching their implementation for future spacecraft.
    Last edited by Renewal; 22nd January 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Blog Entries

@bpj1999 : PENDING

Looking good so far. Shoot me a PM when it's finished.

@Tye Taylors : PENDING

Looking good. Two nitpicks, however: 1.) In the Sign-Up, the fleet size is specified as starting at one Scouting Vessel - with the fleets being allowed to grow once the RP starts. It is assumed that none of the races are presently accustomed to interstellar travel and would not already have such a large fleet of interstellar-capable ships. However, since it is quite clear from your history that your race has spread from one planet to another within its own System, you can keep the ships - BUT, I would like you to identify that 100-ship fleet as not currently being capable of interstellar travel. In addition, you can add a single FTL-capable Scouting Vessel.

2.) A population of 8 billion, with a military population of 95% = unbalanced (not saying it's unrealistic for your race, it's just unfair to all the other, more peaceful races). The 95% military population is something I would deny in most cases (it severely dwarfs Aridae's, which tops out at 35% - massive, considering the United States military sits at less than 1%), but for this race I'll allow it. However, with such a violent race, I find a population of 8 billion to be highly unlikely (and, again, unfair). Would I be asking too much if I suggested that you tone down the population considerably? With a 95% military population, I don't really see the need for your race to have a higher population than all the other current races.

@Renewal : ACCEPTED!

I love it, it's perfect.

I'll go ahead and add all three of you to the map.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post

Looking good. Two nitpicks, however: 1.) In the Sign-Up, the fleet size is specified as starting at one Scouting Vessel - with the fleets being allowed to grow once the RP starts. It is assumed that none of the races are presently accustomed to interstellar travel and would not already have such a large fleet of interstellar-capable ships. However, since it is quite clear from your history that your race has spread from one planet to another within its own System, you can keep the ships - BUT, I would like you to identify that 100-ship fleet as not currently being capable of interstellar travel. In addition, you can add a single FTL-capable Scouting Vessel.

2.) A population of 8 billion, with a military population of 95% = unbalanced (not saying it's unrealistic for your race, it's just unfair to all the other, more peaceful races). The 95% military population is something I would deny in most cases (it severely dwarfs Aridae's, which tops out at 35% - massive, considering the United States military sits at less than 1%), but for this race I'll allow it. However, with such a violent race, I find a population of 8 billion to be highly unlikely (and, again, unfair). Would I be asking too much if I suggested that you tone down the population considerably? With a 95% military population, I don't really see the need for your race to have a higher population than all the other current races.
    Easily done Mewwie, I was thinking about that last night and actually was getting on to change both those things XD

EDIT: and here is my scout ship:
    scout-ship.jpg
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 23rd January 2012 at 07:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tye Taylors View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post

Easily done Mewwie, I was thinking about that last night and actually was getting on to change both those things XD

EDIT: and here is my scout ship:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scout Ship.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	261.8 KB 
ID:	60495
    But... but... your population is still 8 billion.

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Race Name: Bariche
    (Pronounced, Barr-eesh)
    Home System: The Algea. (4 planets, two life-bearing, although one now extinct of sentient life. The other two are gas giants)
    Home Planet: Alge Wanna (Pretty much just Algea One.)
    Appearance: 6ft 6 being the average height, with an arched spine. The spine itself is red, and glows faintly with the blood's movement. Most Bariche have black-grey hair, and yellow eyes. The skin itself is blue-grey. The hands and fingers are longer than human fingers, roughly half as long again. Their necks are also slightly longer than a human's.
    Population: 4 Billion.
    Biology: The blood of the Bariche is very thin, and the skin enveloping the spine thin also. This means gas, harmful to other races, can be diffused directly into the bloodstream. They can eat, but this is a more efficient way of processing nutrition. Hence, all Bariche ships bar diplomacy ships are gas-filled, harvested from the atmostphere of Alge Wanna, or atmospheres of nearby gas giants.
    Advantages/Disadvantages: Technology, thanks to artful and long fingers, and sharp minds. They are also fairly nimble for something of that size and height. As disadvantages, their eating is cumbersome, as they prefer to diffuse, meaning nutrients within bodies can run low outside of their gas clouds. A gas-filled AtmoSuit (Basically, a diving suit, full of gas) can be used to set back this problem, but not permanently.
    Technology Level: Modern Earth

Completed Research: Entropy Drive- A FTL drive that warps light around the ship, increasing speed.

History: Seven thousand years ago, the species was almost wiped out by the inhabitants of the other life-bearing planet, Alge Vel. The Vells had noted the progress and evolution of the Bariche, being much more advanced, and had decided that the possibility of another sentient civilisation nearby was dangerous. Thus, the sky was poisoned. Or so they thought. The Bariche, having already adapted to diffusion of nutrients, simply adapted to the new nutrient-giving gas, and fled beneath the ground. Hundreds of years later, the Vells again descended to the planet to examine the natives. The entire Vell Empire was decimated by a disease, harmless to the Bariche, but lethal to the unique atmosphere of Alge Vell.
    Alge Vell is now under planetary quarantine.
    The Bariche formed as one to defeat the Vell, and have stayed as a unitary force ever since.

Fleet: Scout; La Bariche

Ship Types: Scout
    Ship Name: The La series (Names= La .......)
    Ship Type: A scouting vessel.
    Appearance: Blue-Grey, with thin grooves of energy transfers along the sides. The overall ship is thin and streamlined, with little space within for a crew of six.
    Weapons: No.
    Other: Entropy Drive, and Digital Communication with the homeworld, via satellites place in the atmosphere of Alge Wanna, and Alge Vell.
    Military: The Bariche population is comprised of 48% fighting population, with many using mechanical devices, rather than hand to hand or weaponary combat.

Ground Vehicles/Weapons:
    Ground Vehicles- Seventeen foot tall war mecha, with sword and gun weaponry on the arms. The cockpit is domed, and basic flight and jump abilities can be used in the vehicle.
    Weaponry- Charra, staffs used to expel energy blasts at foes, with a range of nineteen to twenty-seven feet, depending on weather conditions. They are operated by groove-buttons, an ideal shape for the average Bariche hand.
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

@Master Mew

Changed to 4 billion, 2 to each planet, better?

So, Mew another thing I wanted to say...you called my race aggressive, which is actually not something they are by nature...they are still an intellegent race that is capable of alliance...my point with the 95% is that like an ant colony ants can all defend the queen at a moments notice :P
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 23rd January 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Master Mew: Oh Jesus, FINALLY! Leave it to Mew to have such great ideas that make me work on it despite me having schoolwork.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Race Name: Egallon (singular), Egallonites (plural)

Home System: Verdaliis

Home Planet: Egallonis

Appearance: Much like the human term "canine", they are muscular, bipedal wolf-like creatures; complete with fur, clawed hands and feet, and jaws with powerful and razor-sharp teeth. They have many different types of social difference, those with white hair and black hair being regarded as pure-breeds. Brown and any other, excluding scarlet, are considered to be lower class and normal; with scarlet being considered a diluted and unwanted race. All Egallonites are born with a certain amount of eyes. Those with two eyes are normal, while those with one or four are considered superior. Anything with more than four eyes are considered diluted.

Population: Approx. 26 million; with only 4% of them being "superior breeds", 93% being "normal", and only 3% being of the unwanted breed.

Biology: The Egallonite race is a very volatile and territorial species, being extensively violent toward those who wish to attack their homeworld. They capable of being both bipedal and quadrapedal when in motion. With their bodies, they are capable of extended periods of extreme physical exertion. Their hind leg physiology are strikingly similar to canines on Earth; and thus they move much better on four legs than on two.

Advantages: Capable of extremes feats of strength/speed, enhanced senses.
    Disadvantages: They cannot live in temperatures too hot or too cold, as their skin is extremely sensitive to meteorological change. With their enhanced senses, they are twice as effected by things that hinder senses.

Technology Level: The Egallonite people are of slightly above average technology for their brutish race, using many types of weapons and other things made from their homeworld's resources. They tend to only use the technology to train their bodies, though the scientists of the culture have wanted to create ways to protect from their meteorological disadvantage.

Alliances:

Current Research
    N/A

Completed Research

History:

Fleet
    Ship Name: Veridia Xalus
    Ship Type: Scouting Vessel
    Appearance: A sleek, somewhat small ship of black glossy coloring. There are five windows on each side, with spheres of electrical energy cores in the back; surrounding by unbreakable glass created by the scientists of the ship. Atop the ship is a probe deployment compartment, which is used for the sending of probes to various planets. The cockpit sports six chairs in the front, a larger chair on a raised stairwell behind them; where the Captain sits.
    Weapons:
    Other: FTL Energy Cores and Digital Communication.
    Military: 43%

Ground Vehicles/Weapons: Many militarized beasts are used for long-distance travel. The race, because they are very capable of running on their own, have no vehicles other than ships.

Done...I hope...

Blog Entries

@JakkuEbansu: Accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by Tye Taylors View Post
    Changed to 4 billion, 2 to each planet, better?
    Very much so, thank you.
    So, Mew another thing I wanted to say...you called my race aggressive, which is actually not something they are by nature...they are still an intellegent race that is capable of alliance...my point with the 95% is that like an ant colony ants can all defend the queen at a moments notice :P
    Ah, yes I see now... I assumed they were aggressive because nearly the entire race was enlisted in the military. But you mean they all could defend the queen if called upon? Sort of like an available-for-conscription listing? Ok, I understand.

So what is the active-military population (i.e. not the total number of capable fighters)? That number would be good to have reflected in your Sign-Up.

@Tye Taylors: Accepted!

@Oerba Yun Jay: Accepted!

@bpj1999: Accepted!

Expect a Start-Up before the end of the day on Wednesday. Only one Reservation that hasn't been completed yet: How are you coming along, @Piximon?

Blog Entries

Race Name: Cordian (General), Cordians (Plural), Cord (Single)

Home System: Piro System, a system that consists of nine planets. A massive, blue colored sun named Orgon heats up the system to unbearable temperatures until the last two planets. Only one planet housing sentient life form.

Home Planet: Ru-Iso, a very bright yet chilly planet. A small dwarf sun named the Zephyre, floats around the planet much like Earth’s moon, meaning that it is always day time. However, due to its location in the Piro system, being the furthest away from the Orgon sun and Zephyre being merely a light source, Ru-Iso is almost always under sub-zero temperatures. The far north of Ru-Iso, however, is the closest to the Zephyre and is the most vegetated area on all of Ru-Iso. This is where most of the Cordians lives.

Appearance: Cordians are about the size of a tall human, being typically 6 feet 3 inches. They also have similar facial features to humans, having a nose, mouth, and eyes. Their eyes, however, are made up of what looks like reflective glass. Much like a snake, a Cord can split their jaw, making their mouth giant in ratio to their faces. Their ears are simple holes in the side of their heads which are covered by a flap of skin.

Their bodies are covered in a poisonous secretion, much similar to sweat, which turns their skin translucent and prevents all growth of hair and blemishes/moles. They have four extremely long, bony fingers and two fingers that are similar in functionality to thumbs (one on each side). Along their feet and legs (two legs and one foot for each leg), they start to get what looks like zebra stripes, due to the poisonous secretion areas. As an old Cord, the black poison disables the legs, leaving them paralyzed.

Cordians typically don’t wear clothing over their chests, though the males wear shorts of various colors, while females wear long skirts that cover their entire legs. The males often wear makeup on their faces, even when not in battle, to make their faces appeal to women.

Population: Just underneath 100 million

Biology: Similar to humans, Cordians rely on the air for breath, though Ru-Iso produces a special gas that only Cordians can breath. They have two hearts, one in each shoulder. Rather than eat, the Cordians survive by photosynthesis, which is another reason why their skin is transparent (so sunlight can enter their body easier). However, they still need to drink water often to survive. Though they live in a region where the temperature rarely strays from 50-70 degrees Fahrenheit, Cordians can survive in drastic temperature differences (typically between -90 degrees Fahrenheit and 150 degrees Fahrenheit), so long that they have access to sunlight. Cordians must have a sym-biotic relationship to their ‘life partner’, whose gender does not matter, since Cordians reproduce simply from the sym-biotic relation (basically, a kid is instantly born once they love each other). Cordians hatch from eggs, despite their mammalian appearances.

Advantages/Disadvantages: The Cordin have the ability to survive with Photosynthesis, rather than food. Also, their bodies secrete a poisonous oil that can burn through even the toughest elements. The Cordians, however, have to be exposed to sunlight at least once every 16 Earth hours. Otherwise, their bodies shut down and no longer operate. They can survive in this coma state for several more Earth Days and will wake up when exposed to sunlight next, they are completely useless in this state and can die from their poisons during said condition. Another disadvantage is that the Cordians become paralyzed during old age, which is typically 40-45 earth years (Cordin Life Expectancy is about 50 Earth years). Lastly, the Cordin have to be exposed to Ru-Iso air to survive. If they are not exposed to the air for longer than 90 earth seconds, they pass out. If longer than 200 earth seconds, they die and their bodies explode in a poisonous sludge wave. Anyone who is hit by this wave will most likely burn to death.

Technology Level: The same as Modern Earth, using computers, televisions, and such often.

Alliances: N/A

Current Research: N/A

Completed Research: The FTL Tech
    Project Name: Interdimensional Weaver System
    Technology being Researched: The ability to weave the Dimensional Strings, and therefor, being able to manipulate the 9 dimensions.
    Description of Technology/Research: Extremely unstable, and the Cordians have yet to fully develop such a machine, only being able to travel between the first four dimensions. These four strings only allow manipulation of their location and time in which they arrive.
    Time to Complete: ?

History: In relativity to the rest of the universe, the Cordin is a baby. Having been brought to the universe by the explosion caused by anti-matter meeting with matter of another, unknown alien life form, the Cordians only got to Ru-Iso several million years ago. They rapidly reproduced and soon took control of Ru-Iso, which was previously dominated by a larger, violent predator called the Vexar which has now been killed to extinction. Now able to roam freely around Ru-Iso, the majority of Cordin kind moved up to the North Pole, which was the warmest area in all of Ru-Iso. A council of the strongest and wisest Cordians were called together to form a Confederacy, which would instill laws and make peaceful rule among the Northern Cordians. For a couple hundred earth years, this seemed to pass well. Very few wars or brawls existed, and if they did, it was against Cordin terrorists who lived in the far reaches of Southern Ru-Iso. However, only 900 years ago, a revolt of the Northern Cordians took place, which forced the Confederacy to disband, due to the fact that the Confederacy was found harboring the Vexar as was even feeding the homeless to them to keep the Northern population contained. Once the Confederacy was removed, a democracy was instilled. Currently, a leader by the name Cybro Yodonn is leading the North, though rumors of revolt are traveling in the North once again.

Fleet: One Scout Ship

Ship Name: Cybro’s Dimensional Weaving Slyder (Slyder= ship)
    Ship Type: Scout Vessel
    Appearance: One of the more aesthetically pleasing vehicles, this Slyder has a central deck, which is painted charcoal gray with arctic blue highlights. The central deck is the shape of an vertically stretched rhombus, the front of the ship being the smallest part. The Slyder looks like it has 9 scorpion tails, though they are actually the weaving ‘needles’ of the Weaver FTL technology. Once each dimension needle is being used, a prism is fired (each needle is a different colored needle that eventually comprise the rainbow), which then starts spinning around the main deck, creating a glowing aura. Once the prisms have gained enough speed, they warp the main deck and everything inside it so that it can safely travel between dimensions.
    Weapons: Unarmed
    Other: Simple communications and FTL technologies.

Military: Few, just above two percent. The only war going on is the war between Rogue Southerners and the North of Ru-Iso, though the 2nd Northern Civil War has been a discussion and could potentially happen in the future.

Ground Vehicles/Weapons: The Cordians drive cars that look similar to human cars, though these are much more aesthetically advanced and run off of the Ru-Iso air. They float slightly off of the ground. Cordians have guns/missles/etc., though they rarely use them. They instead prefer honored battles, utilizing hand to hand combat. However, they are equipped with mechanical gear, such as metal gloves that improve strength, blade armor (where the blade can pop out on any area of the surface), and even eye pieces that can shoot lasers. They have blimp like ships that are used when necessary, but these typically are only used in serious and brutal wars, which rarely happen.

Spent just about 3 hours working on this! This will be great!

@Master Mew, I'd like to leave it where it is because technically all drones are conscripted...the point with the high military percentage was more to say: "There are no true civilians" But in a sense that if I get attacked that it is basicly like all that's needed is an order from a queen to attack.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

60597.png
    Grobbmans, y'all, with a Spero and their planet.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Yun
    Blog Entries

The Grobbmans remind me of slender-man, haha.

Blog Entries

@Jester: Approved!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast