Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stars in the Sky

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Default Re: Stars in the Sky

Slendera
    Croqumit Runway

The crew of the Spero stood beside the ship. Slen Dramon looked at them all in the eye. {Grobbmans. Today, we step off this planet. But not in the ways of Zub Adlin to our stars and black holes. Today we leave the galaxy. We must get
    out. For the sake of our species. We may encounter other life forms... but undoubtadley, they will be simple, and easily subdued. If we encounter species which are actually sentient, which is unlikely, we may be able to read their minds and quickly learn their language. Now to the much more real problems- we must use the Mass Shifter Sparingly. There are the possibilities of molecule disruption, or condensing with an obstruction in the way. The five Grobbmans taking this journey are very brave.
    Caruxial Cio, our pilot who gave up half his face for science.
    Nanene Ellis, our female engineer.
    Doctor Hoo Backr, our chief medic.
    Doctor Gremluck Holres, our nurse.
    And I, Professer Slen Dramon.
    Let us go now. For Phantasma.}

The group stepped slowly into the scout ship, and took off in a cloud of smoke into the grey orange sky.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Lan'Rise
    Lord Mairens Palace (flower field)

A female Lan'iard with long pinkish white hair made her way through the flower fields, a calm and distant expression crossing her face and violet colored eyes while she looked at the blossoming flowers that towered over the city of Lan'Rise. The palace was one of the biggest building in Lan'iard and it was situated about one of the highest hills allowing it to look down at the city. "It's such a beautiful day," Princess Karina smiled as she looked intot he clouds. "Maybe it'll be a fun day."

"You shouldn't be out here so soon my lady, you've just recovered from your ilness. Karina turned around to the presence that had just walked in. A male Lan'iard with straight comb back blond and black hair walked towards her, he was wearing a long sleeved blue colored jacket with golden colored buttons that were all tuckered up neatly. He was wearing a pair of white combat pants and had two blades strapped to his waist. "It is way too dangerous for you," the man spoke with a soft yet worried tone of voice.

"Don't worry too much Safir I'm fine, I've recovered nicely actually," Karina smiled before she walked over to the man and patted his shoulders, causing him to blush lightly. "Plus with you dedicating so much time to me there's no way I wouldn't be recovered by now." she giggled before she started running into the field of flowers a cheerful face crossing her eyes as she smiled down at the flowers.

"Well your father left me in charge of you as your personal bodyguard after all," Safir replied before a smile cross his face. Having been a soldier for about five years Safir had seen a lot of things in the battlefield, however all of those things came to be naught compared to his experiences with Karina. "He's away at the moment he went to the west side of the planet for an order of business."

"He always has to work anyway," Karina nodded her head. "Hey Safir do you know about the Crystalized Portal experiment?"

"Yeah. It's an experiment that will hopefully allow us to make contact with other sentient beings like us," Safir nodded his head obediently.

"I wonder if I can go too...once we're able to travel," Karina looked down at one of the flowers. "Just like there are flowers there are also different species that we don't know about and I want to get to know them."

"It'll be dangerous princess you're a very important person to us Lan'iards for you to go would be risky," Safir warned.

"I know but I still wish..."

"All right people get working!" To'rin screamed as he tapped away at his keyboard. Everyone was rushing around the room, checking on the multiple machines that had been installed around as well as attaching what seemed to be black colored crystals to some of them. "Damn it why are you guys so slow!?" he exclaimed before taking a bite from the sandwich on his plate (they're done differently than in earth but I won't get into that) he began pounding on his keys once more which showed pictures of multiple people as well as bars that were either half full or completely empty. "The test subjects are running out of energy so soon."

"You can't blame them we've been going at this for almost a day straight," Klarien groaned while sipping away at a glass of coffee his face looking like he hadn't slept in days. "It isn't so easy."

"Who cares. I have a vision that we will connect to another world if we're able to work this hard,' To'rin smiled confidently before he jumped up. "Where is that idiot Clorin when you need him."

"Did you forget. He's one of the test subjects..." Klarien deadpanned, noticing a look of embarassment on To'rin's face.

"Yeah of course I remember that," To'rin frowned.

"Come on Clorin you're doing great!" Arnine exclaimed as she looked down at the machines that showed the stability and state of the test subjects, she was wearing a pair of headphones that connected her to Clorin who was currently inside a large test room alongside the other subjects. He was wearing a pair of gloves and a helmet that were all connected to a large satelite-like machine.

"Really because I'm getting tired," Clorin raised his hands causing four crystal shaved objects to flow beside him before they started to fire energy onto his body which was in turn sent into the gloves, making Clorin grit his teeth as he tried to prosses the energy. "It's getting harder to do this."

"Yeah but you can do this you're a scientist and a man so you can't give up," Arnine encouraged while she typed. She then turned to her assistants. "I want you to decrease the pressure of the room and turn down the power maybe we can get them to last longer."

"But head To'rin will get mad if you do that," one of the female aides whimpered.

"Do I look like I care about what that asshole thinks!" Arnine exclaimed before she turned back to the machines. "We have to give our part but we can't let those that are putting their lives on the line lose it just cause we want to beat some other group." Arnine frowned slightly, she looked at Clorin who was pushing himself even more than before. She felt useless for not being able to help him out even if she was trying her best to make his suffering lessen she still know that it was all falling in vein.

"Don't worry about me Arnine," Clorin grunted in pain before he clenched both of his fists and glared at the antenna. "I can still go on if it means making an advancement of my own then I'll be willing to let this body of mine explode," Clorin smiled.

West Part of Lan'Rise.

A loud explosion ran out through one of the buildings, before shortly being followed by a crowd of Lan'iards running in horror and confusion as flames and smoke went into the sky.

"Well it looks like things are going to get rowdy." a male Lan'iard with long spiky black hair walked out of the flames, he was wearing a black figure hugging shirt that was sleeveless along with a pair of black colored combat jeans and boots to match. He had a pair of black eyes and what seemed to be like piercings over his left one. "Burn baby burn," small fire balls came out of the flaming building before they were thrown at the innocent bystanders and the mans surroundings, causing them to explode as well.

"Now where's that King of ours hiding in," the man hissed evilly before he started pacing around; causing everything around him to burn instantly.

"ATTENTION TO ALL LAN'IARDS IN WEST SIDE PLEASE EVACUATE SAFELY WE ARE BEING ATTACKED, I REPEAT PLEASE EVACUATE SAFELY WE ARE BEING ATTACKED"

Blog Entries

The Spero neared the edge of the galaxy. {Mass Shift now in use.} Caruxial broadcastedhis thoughts, before limplydropping his arm on the button. The ship vibrated rapidly, and it's molecules scattered. They reapeared towards the edge of another galaxy. Slen Dramon looked up. {Any molecules lost?} Nanene raised her hand. {Merely one of my glove's fingers, sir.} {Good. We've come to a galaxy's edge- it seems bright, so don protective suits.} Slen nodded, as the ship made it's way to one of the planets.

OOC- Entering the Verdaliis System, Aproaching Eglonis, @Oerba Yun Jay

Yun
    Blog Entries

Verdaliis, Egalonis
    13 345 circa. A.G
    Pompa Kolokia - Lilicain (The Royal City)

Alpha Wyrmyr sat on his throne, looking out to his planet. Its red-streaked surface littered with extensively dense forests was entirely his idea; red was a beautiful color in his eyes. He'd learned much about the capabilities of his population. However... what if they could know more?

Yes, it was definitely something he wished to explore. He'd ordered his finest scientists to go forth and begin the multi-scanner project. Sending millions of probes out to the great beyond lying beyond the sky. He knew there was life somewhere other than hear. Living for over 3 circa, he had to.

"Sire!" turning his head, he acknowledged his head knight.

"Speak, Gajeel," his voice echoed deeply.

Gajeel, bowing on a knee, looked down heavily. "Sire, the research project for our shields is not yet up and running as you've ordered..."

Whatever semblance of calmness Wyrmyr had was simply thrown to the wolves at the sound of the news. Standing on his legs, he yelled in a voice that shook the very palace. "What do you mean?! I ordered for it to be done today!"

Gajeel flinched. He had every right to. When the sire was angered, one was sure that blood would be spilled. Today, Gajeel happened to be on the receiving end. "Sire, I deeply apologi-" Gajeel's apology was cut short by a grunt of pure agony. His body fell lifeless onto the marble floor; diamond-like projectiles protruding from his head.

Bringing back his adamantine claw, the ruler simply glared at the lower being's corpse; hoping to burn a hole in it.

Turning to activate his computer, he growled at the scientist who answered. "If I do not get those projects done quickly, I will send you all to Arellia," the mention of their kind's afterlife was enough to make the scientists get straight to work.

(OOC: Initiating "Planetary Shielding Unit" and "Mass Probe Production")
    Last edited by Yun; 28th January 2012 at 12:19 PM.

"Emperor Pyke!" began a male Piscellan, swimming into the throne room. He knelt down in front of the two thrones and looked up. He noticed one of them was empty. "Empress Siam, where is your husband?" he asked, looking quite confused.

"He's spending time with his son," she replied raising out of her seat. Her scales were a dark red, a rare color among the predominately dark blue race. "Do you think we spend our entire lives in this room?" she added.

"Maybe..." The Piscellan, mumbled.

"Now why did you need him? I'm sure, I can do whatever it is instead." ordered the Empress.

"The scientists have requested his presence in Lab C," he answered beginning to stand up. Lab C had become the main facility for their FTL and space travel research.

Then I'll just have to go in his place," she smirked, and swam out of the room towards the laboratory level. She swam in and the door to Lab C slid open in front of her.

"Ah Emperor, we have something to show you," announced one of the scientists, as he turned around. He jumped in surprise, "Empress? I guess you'll be taking his place for the day." he said regaining his composure. He led her into a locked room, full of several other scientists hard at work. "We have been working on the land suit, your husband ordered. It shouldn't take too long to finish." he explained pointing towards a prototype in the center of the room, "We're also working on the wormhole generator," in that room. A small explosion was heard through out the facility.

"What was that?!" asked the Empress, quite concerned for her life.

"Don't worry about it," wormhole mishap, not a problem.

A scorched Piscellan walked out of the wormhole room and collapsed to the ground.

OOC:Initiating Project Landwalker and Wormhole Generator

The head Arcanian scientist had been working day and night to fill the queen's request, he had now began part 3 of 4 in making technology hive-mind controllable.

OOC: Sorry would have been longer but being forced to go out last minute, announcing part 3
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

The Spero hovered into the planet's atmosphere. It was very bright, and the oxygen levels were almost three times that of which Grobbmans were used to. {Wear your air depleters before leaving the ship. It looks lush- there may be simple life forms.} Dramon nodded, tying the air depleter to his face as the ship touched down in a field.

One of the medics stepped out into the field, and was promptly blown over by the wind. He returned into the ship, and took out walking sticks. {One small step for Grobs... one giant leap for Grob kind.}

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Planet: In'idura
    Year: 1492 DIII (9461 Z-Count)

The Paradigm Wave Replicator had been removed from the primary research lab, and sent to a more secure corner of SJIC headquarters. All in the room at the moment of first contact had been been brought to the Supremes and sworn to the utmost secrecy, and all nonessential scientists had been dismissed, to focus on other projects and the voyage of the Primacy.

Before the Replicator four individuals now stood: Governor Madurna, Director Sidonis, a Ma'zyduria, and a full-blooded Mala'iduria. The My'zyduria was Urthric, Magnate of the Authority's High Circle, and official head of the SJIC, Malla's direct superior. The Mala'iduria was General Mazon Dunimoc, commander of the Sidurians' nascent space fleet and SJIC liaison with the armed forces. Though the four were the only one's present, the rest of the Supreme Authority was also directly linked to the room via audio.

As the four waited and watched, a series of green lights along the side of the Replicator flashed on. Malla's jaws and shoulders tensed, and she stepped forward. "Confirmation: we've received a reply from the aliens." Urthric nodded once, large grey eyes never blinking, completely focused on her. She nodded once in reply, stomach churning as her own anxiety clashed with the serenity almost visibly radiating from the Supreme. The director jerked her gaze from the Magnate's, and focused on the machine.

Quickly bringing up the message, she played it on a large screen set beside the Replicator, simultaneously rerouting a copy for the Authority to view.

"Thank you for your timely reply. We are most impressed by how quickly you deciphered our language. Would you be able to send us extensive samples of your language so that we can more aptly translate your speech?"

Malla remarked, "It seems our translation programs are more advanced than theirs, sir." She stayed focused on the machine, bringing up the protocol used for inter-caste translation on the Replicator's own monitor.

Urthric nodded again, as Mazon grunted. "From experience," the general began, "I'd wager that these Ardonites have a less pressing need for translation, which probably means language's more of a cultural thing for them."

Nimos raised an eyebrow in response, clasping his hands thoughtfully. "Yes, they must not have anything like the Inla'iduria in their civilization." The Searchers, while the most populous fraction of the Sidurian population, were simultaneously the most fragmented. Though still intelligent, the Searchers were rather childlike in their understanding and comprehension of the world; very few ever grasped highly abstract concepts. For the average Searcher, the whole world was composed of only those they came into contact with: they knew nothing of civilization beyond friends and family, nothing of authority beyond the Superiors who watched over them.

More relevantly, this highly concrete view of the world encouraged the growth of hundreds of dialects within the Searcher population; practically every Inla'iduria den had its own particular dialect of the Inla'iduria tongue. Most Superiors had enough difficulty learning the simplistic language of the Inla'iduria in general; learning anything more than the dialects that directly pertained to them was practically impossible. With the dawn of computing decades ago, translation had become a priority as soon it was feasible.

Urthric narrowed his eyes, reclining back into the mechanical cradle that supported his weak body. "I suppose we'll use the Zydurian and Idurian languages as samples; be sure to differentiate the two, Malla."

Malla bit the inside of her cheek, trying not to reveal her irritation with the obvious command. "Of course, sir." Pulling out her own data tablet, she quickly referenced the Authority's official translator database, pulling up the relevant information for Idurian, the common language, and for Zydurian, the language of the government and learning. Stripping the security protocols from the data, she cross-referenced the majority of the dictionary with images of everyday objects, before uploading it to the Replicator. She input the coordinates of Skarulae, adjusted for error, and hit the record function. "We are now live for recording, Magnate."

Urthric radiated his approval, before speaking.

"Greetings, Ardonites. We hope to further develop our relationships with you. Included with this message should be audio samples of our two most important languages. The first is our high language, used by the government for its business and official decrees, as well as by our scientists and philosophers. The second is our common tongue, used by most of the population for ordinary circumstances. We hope you receive this message in good faith. The heavens embrace you."

@Master Mew

Blog Entries

The five Grobbmans stepped into the burning light and high oxygen levels, walking only with the aid of walking sticks.

Blog Entries

Aridae
    Year 4,973 R.T.
    State: Kosmirtan
    Location: Kosmirtan Imperial Alliance Headquarters, Sorik (Capital City)

Minutes later, Dr. Maen beckoned a nearby technician to one of the monitors, where a new transmission from the Ladura System had been detected.

As they prepared to play the transmission, Dr. Troane spoke up, "The message appears to be accompanied by large digital file - thought he format is unrecognizable." As the technicians set about decrypting the file, the Sidurian message played on the main monitor:

"Greetings, Ardonites. We hope to further develop our relationships with you. Included with this message should be audio samples of our two most important languages. The first is our high language, used by the government for its business and official decrees, as well as by our scientists and philosophers. The second is our common tongue, used by most of the population for ordinary circumstances. We hope you receive this message in good faith. The heavens embrace you."

Some of the words were still untranslatable at this point, but the basic message was quite clear. Prime Minister Arkalex rose to his feet, signaling he intended to make a hasty reply. Dr. Troane spurred the technicians on to hurriedly set up the connection once more, gesturing to Arkalex that they were ready.

"Thank you, people of In'Idura, of the Ladura System, for extending this kindness. Long had we suspected we were not alone in so vast a Universe; it was inevitable that eventually the paths of two sentient races would cross. I, for one, am glad that our first encounter was with so civil a people as you.

"I speak for myself and all the free people of Aridae when I say that I hope this will be the beginning of a long and prosperous relationship between our two civilizations. You will soon see that we are a cautious, calculated people. It is for this reason that we chose to seek this method of communication rather than setting out blindly into the unknown, for fear of unknowingly intruding agressively and unannounced on your doorstep.

"Now that this initial contact has been made, I wish to respectfully request clearance to send a small crew of fifteen ambassadors to your System, to commune with your people, familiarize themselves with your culture, and formally negotiate a peace treaty.

"We will not make a move into your space without your clearance. Are you willing?"

@Renewal

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Arcana Central Hive
    The Head Arcanian Scientist was just finishing the last part of this phase of the work as Arcana's Mother entered the lab. Is our little...project, all most done? The man was suprised to hear the voice, he quickly turned to face her. "Why yes Lady Arcana, it should be ready for testing very, very soon-" -Then if it is no trouble, I would love to watch your work as you complete the last phase. The man responded somewhat uneasily: "Ya, Yes M'lady"

OOC: Announcing final phase of my research project.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

Slend Dramon took out his reader. {The oxygen and light levels are too high. We will have to find another galaxy. From here, we can visit... 4 other systems. There is one quite close nearby, to the east of this system. We will attempt again there.} he sighed, returning into the ship. The ship lifted off with a puff of smoke, and flew into the sky.

The ship trudged to the end of the galaxy, and the crew braced for transportation. The molecules scattered, and re-apeared near another system. {This system seems to have a large amount of oxygen, but we should be able to survive there.}

OOC- Entering Rutan System. @Piximon

Blog Entries

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

An oxygen reading was taken. {Far too much oxygen...} Slen sighed, and the Ship turned away. {Let us try one more system. Cio?}
    The ship transported to another system. A reading was taken. {Low light and oxygen- it's perfect. We're going in.}

ooc-entering umbra, arcana. @Tye Taylors

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

OOC: Sorry I haven't been able to come up with something yet still planning it I'll probably post by tonight or tomorrow.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast