Starlight Academy (Sign-ups Still Open)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starlight Academy (Sign-ups Still Open)

It doesn't really matter

Default Starlight Academy (Sign-ups Still Open)

Hey guys, I know I haven't had much experience on this forum yet, but I hope you guys will like this idea for an RP. I made one similar to this on Pokecommunity and it was rather successful. I have just one request. If you are going to post something mean/hurtful/ect. please keep it to yourself. I am totally open to any suggestions to improve my RPing, but I hate it when people say my RPs suck.

The headmaster of Starlight Academy looks down over the grounds of his school. Another year has passed and students are walking through the gates and onto the train that will take them to Vermillion City, where their parents eagerly await them. Some of them won't return to the academy next year and they turn around and silently say their goodbyes as they pass through the gates. The students walked in a single file line down to the train station where the boarded the train. The train blew some steam and pulled out of the station. The headmaster turned around as the train was off and eagerly awaited the next year, when the students would return.

A letter was sent out to the many students who were lucky enough to be accepted into Starlight Academy. The letter contains a note and a list of necessary supplies. The note states:

Welcome student,
    You have been accepted into Starlight Academy. While here you will learn who you are and maybe what you want to do with your life. We have many subjects you will be taking, including academics, of course. Please arrive at Vermillion City at eight o clock on September third where you will board a train that will transport you here. I have also sent you a list of supplies necessary for our curriculum. Please note that you may bring three Pokemon with you. We hope to see you at the beginning of the year.

Sincerely,
    Jacob Swindle
    Headmaster

Rules

Sign-up Template

My sign-up will be up later
    Last edited by Santa Trainer; 11th November 2011 at 09:36 AM.

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Starlight Academy (Sign-ups OPEN)

Woo! Another school RP! I am so in!

But, may I know why we're only allowed three Pokemon? This makes me sad. :(

Name: Joseph and Joshua “The Clones” Antonimous

Appearance:

Joe and Josh stand tall for their age, at six foot two, and have a pale complexion. They both have messy black hair (though Joshes is approximately an inch longer) and bright, turquoise eyes. They both also have a thin, four-inch long scar on the side of their face (right for Joe, left for Josh) because they were born Siamese.

They usually wear black, sometimes “mixing-it-up” with blue’s, green’s and pinks. They’re never seen without a pair of fingerless gloves (style may vary). They each also have a silver chain around their neck. that has a small, glass phial on it which is said to contain water from the lake of a Lugia. They wear them for good luck.

Personality:
    Joe and Josh can be described as nothing more than quirky. Being sarcastic at times, happy-go-lucky at others, and downright insane normally on a rare occasion, people generally don’t know what they’re thinking. They differ in several ways, however; Josh is the more protective and dominant, sticking up for Joe and anyone else whom he admires. He is also more brutal, retorting to violence quicker than Joe would. Joe, on the other hand, may appear harmless, but watch out; this rose has thorns. If something really gets on his nerves, even Josh, his temper will gain control and he will lash out. They both have a, seemingly random, hate of Abomasnow.

History:
    Joe and Josh were born in Snowpoint City, in Sinnoh. Their mother owned a large manor house, so it’s safe to say they had a slightly privileged childhood. Their mother was also the Snowpoint Gym leader, and their sister, Candice, would take over for her when she retired, which they all thought, but never voiced, would be soon, due to their Mother‘s breast cancer.

They lived a happy childhood, often donning their Dowsing Machine Apps and searching through the deep snow for interesting and rare objects with their Mother‘s Purugly, Flees, until one day, when they were almost ten, they came across a horrific scene; a Glaceon, with a deep gash on it’s side, and being advanced on by an Abomasnow.

Of course, they ordered Flees to attack the behemoth, and the Purugly soon had it fleeing for it’s life. Once the immediate threat was gone, they turned their attention to the injured Glaceon, who was now, quite remarkably, standing.

They approached her, hands out, and tried to explain that they wanted to take her home and heal her, but the Glaceon shook her head, teeth clenched, and began to stagger towards the bushes, blood dripping from her open wound. Joe and Josh just stood and stared for a moment, until the Glaceon looked back at them and said “Glace! Glaceon!” urgently. They knew she wanted them to follow her. But what, they wondered, was more important than saving her life? But, nevertheless, they followed her.

It soon became apparent what was so important, however, when they were clear of the bushes and saw a nest, with three eggs in it; she wanted them to care for the eggs, because she thought she was going to die.

Well, Joe and Josh weren’t about to let a Pokemon die, so they each took an egg, Josh placing the third on Flees back, so it could stay warm in her fur, but Joe also gently picked up the Glaceon and laid it on Flees back, too.

They rushed home, and into the Pokemon Centre. Candice was there, and after asking a few, short and quick questions about what had happened, allowed Nurse Joy to take the Glaceon into surgery.

As Candice waited in the waiting room, Joe, Josh and Flees took the eggs home, explaining to their mother what had happened and where Candice was. They made a haphazard, fluffy nest for the eggs, consisting of beanbag chairs, blankets and snuggies, and then they, as well as their mother, returned to the Pokemon Centre.

They walked back into the Waiting Area, and saw both Candice and Nurse Joy, apparently waiting for them. After telling them to sit and offering them tea, which Joe and Josh politely refused, Nurse Joy began to explain.

Apparently, whatever attack that Abomasnow had used had cut too deep into the Glaceon’s flesh, and had subsequently damaged several of her vital organs beyond repair, and that she was currently on life support, but they didn’t have enough power to keep it on for long.

Joe and Josh reeled from the blow, this story the root of their hate of Abomasnow. After signing several documents (the Glaceon was a wild Pokemon, so they had to make it seem like she belonged to them, or the Sinnog Government wouldn’t pay for the medical care she’d received) and allowed Nurse Joy to pull the plug…

The eggs hatched several weeks later, by which time they’d each also picked an egg and planned what they were going to do. Joe and Josh were going to go to Kanto and begin their journey with one of they young Eevee’s each. Candice would keep the third, training it up and evolving it into Glaceon.

Joe and Josh took a ship to Kanto, directly to Pallet Town, and received a Bulbasaur and Charmander from Professor Oak respectively. They travelled together, but chose different paths; Joe, contests, and Josh, Gym Battles. (They also spent several months training and learning Martial Arts at the Saffron Dojo, and thus are easily capable of defending themselves.)

They caught many Pokemon through their journey through Kanto, and each reached their respective finals. However, they didn’t exactly…. “do well.” Joe lost his first battle stage in the Grand Festival, and Josh only made it to the final thirty-two in the Kanto League, Neither were deterred, however, so they returned for a visit home, and then visited Johto.

It was when they retuned from Johto, however, when something else happened; their mother died, her Cancer finally taking over.

Both boys were distraught, being only twelve at the time. Candice, of course, took over the Gym after the funeral, and Joe and Josh, still being underage, needed to find a guardian to adopt them.

It was then that their mother’s sister, Pricilla, offered to adopt them. They agreed, liking their aunt very much, and moved in with her.

She lived in Snowpoint also, but in a smaller house than the manor, which was now being put up for sale (Candice lived above the gym.) After wallowing in misery for a few months, Pricilla talked Joe and Josh into continuing their journey.

They explored Hoenn, and then their own home turf, Sinnoh, progressing further and further in the Grand Festival’s and Pokemon League’s progressively. They’ve been living at home for about a year, not having the inspiration to go and explore the new land of Unova yet.

Pokemon:

Joe:

~Once~
    Female

Once was Joe‘s first Pokemon. She hatched from an egg that he and Josh took home, along with two others, when their mother, a Glaceon, was killed by an Abomasnow. They‘ve been the best of friends for almost five years now. She is extremely loyal, and graceful in battle.

~Ivy~
    Female

Joe chose Ivy as his starter Pokemon when he and Josh started their journey through Kanto. She was his second ever Pokemon. Ivy was extremely shy to begin with, but once she saw Joe and Once playing in a field, she plucked up the courage to go and join them. She is still slightly shy to this day, but can often get over it.

~Drakainai~
    Female

Joe met Drakie in Hoenn, just outside of Sootopolis City. She was trying to fend off a pack of Sharpedo at the time, and failing miserably until Josh called out his Wailord to disperse them. She was badly injured, so Joe caught her and took her to a Pokemon Centre, planning on releasing her when she was healed. As it turns out, the Sharpedo did some serious damage, and, according to Nurse Joy, she wouldn‘t survive in the wild, so Joe decided to keep her. She‘s very affectionate, and doesn’t like battling much.

Josh:

~Amethyst~
    Female

Once was Joshes first Pokemon. She hatched from an egg that he and Joe took home, along with two others, when their mother, a Glaceon, was killed by an Abomasnow. They‘ve been the best of friends for almost five years now. She‘s quite lazy, and likes to make people happy, usually by singing.

~Charming~
    Male

Josh chose Charming as his starter Pokemon when he and Joe started their journey through Kanto. He was his second ever Pokemon. Due to his shiny colouration, Charming was extremely haughty and proud, thinking himself better than all other Charmanders. He still kept this attitude up until Josh challenged the Pewter Gym, where he had to drop it and listen to Joshes commands or be flattened by an Onix. Charming is, nowadays, very loyal and proud, not responding well to insults.

~Fluffy~
    Male

Josh caught Fluffy while he was terrorizing a family, swimming on the shores of Olivine City. He thinks the nickname is kinda “cute.” Fluffy kinda hates him.

Other: Uh… I like cake…. Hehheh…. xD
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

It doesn't really matter

@The Anonymous ACCEPTED

I only want people to bring three Pokemon because they will be allowed to catch more over the course of the RP.

"Can I say I'm back?" Autumnbreeze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

I would love to join :D (Being new doesn't matter, you don't seem new ::)
    I was looking for an academy RP :P Woot~! A fellow New Jersian!!!

Name: Isabella Montario (Belle)

Appearance: Silky long dirty-blonde hair, green eyes. She likes to wear sweatshirts and dark purple skinny jeans. She always wears combat boots. She is 5.7 and her hair goes down mid-way to her back. She wears one clip keeping a piece of her hair back, like this but her hair is longer.

Personality: She is very active and impatient. She has a split personality, but not up to the point of craziness. She always tries to pair her friends up with other people, and it get's on their nerves. She also can be very caring, but mostly she is....pushy.

History: She is from Unova, but strangly got the letter. Her parents are divorced and can't stand eachother...so don't remind her. She has bad blood with her father, refusing to call him "Dad", she calls him Denis. Otherwise her life is normal...up untill she got a letter from (Teen?) Starlight Academy.

Pokemon: You ready?
    Hydreigon (Hydeo) (Most Powerful) Level 56 MALE
    Moves:
    Draco Meteor
    Protect
    Hyper Beam
    Dragon Claw

Jellicent (Jella) Level 49 FEMALE
    Moves:
    Surf
    Fly (Is that ok? They are ghost type and fly around :D) [Mostly for her travel fyi]
    Psychic
    Hydro Pump

Ditto (Diddie) Level 51
    Moves:
    Transform (Belle uses this for various things >:D)

Other: Nothing really *Shrug*
    THANKS~!
    Last edited by Autumnbreeze; 8th November 2011 at 05:23 PM.

"So it was President White after all!"
    -tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Name: Sayre (pronounced SAY-er) Rawlings
    Appearance: Sayre is a tall, willowy young man with bright green eyes and longish hair kept in a braid. He likes to dye his hair different colors just because (currently, it's ash blond).
    Personality: Simply put, Sayre is a spaz. He runs purely on caffeine and insomnia, and has bad ideas and terrible advice. He is terrified of Ghost type Pokemon.
    History: Sayre's parents are documentary filmmakers hailing from Johto, so he has traveled extensively for most of his life. His unusual tendencies stem from attempts to discourage his parents from filming him and have become habit over time. His fear of Ghost types is the result of a disastrous attempt by his parents to film a documentary in Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower.
    Pokemon:

Blue - a Dragonair that Sayre received as a Dratini when his parents were filming in Blackthorn City. Sayre wandered off in the Dragon's Den and eventually tripped and fell in a pond. Instead of getting angry, the Pokemon started to play with him. One Dratini in particular became attached to him, and the Elder let him keep it. Blue was Sayre's first Pokemon and is his most loyal partner.

Sunshine - a Joltik that Sayre caught while his parents were filming around Chargestone Cave in Unova. While wandering around, he noticed something tugging on the end of his braid, and discovered a tiny Joltik swinging there, happily feeding on the static electricity in his hair. Sunshine has a habit of escaping from her Pokeball and attachng herself to Sayre's braid to eat the static.

Sprinkles - a shiny Krookodile that Sayre tripped over while exploring thw Relic Castle. Between avoiding Ghost Pokemon and falling through quicksand, he ran into a shiny Sandile which proceeed tohate him for no reason. Because of his bad attitude and sparkly appearance, he got saddled with the nickname Sprinkles. Sprinkles thinks that his trainer is very silly and doesn't like to listen to him.
    Other: Sayre actually wants to be a Pokemon coordinator instead of a Trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Name: Abagail (Abby) Harris

Appearance: Long light brown hair that goes to the midst of her back; piecey fringes, pale skin, light blue eyes. She's around 5'3, 120lbs. Her attire is a pink spaghetti-strapped top, jean short shorts, and pink sandals.

History: From Mossdeep City, Abby lived with her mother and father. Her father has gotten sick as of lately, and isn't able to do many things anymore. Her mother has to work two jobs so they can make ends meet. Abby was lucky enough to recieve a letter from Starlight Academy, and has made her decision to go there.

Personality: Kind of quiet when you first meet her, but will eventually open up. She also has trust issues because of a tragic incident when she was a child. She cares for her Pokemon dearly and would do anything for them. She doesn't know much about making friends, or even having a relationship. So, her social skills are very underdeveloped.

Pokemon:

Name: Shay
    Species: Liepard (Shiny)
    Description: Shay is a very flirty Pokemon who tries to attract all of the male Pokemon. She can be conniving and mean when she wants to be. She doesn't like many people or Pokemon. However, Abby and her family are the exception. When it comes to Abby, she acts like an innoent kitten. She jumps in Abby's arms and loves to be cuddled. Her relationship with Munchies is that of a brother/sister. Munchies tries to get her to play with him, but she won't. She just seems to think he pesters her for no reason. She does care about him though. She does have a good, gentle disposition when it comes to Tiny though. She cares for him as if he was her own child.

Name: Munchies
    Species: Axew
    Description: Munchies is a happy, go-lucky Axew, who loves to eat. He thinks he's constantly hungry so he's in search for food at all times. When he's not thinking about food, he likes making new friends and playing with them. He finds Shay to be interesting so he tries to be her friend, which she doesn't exactly agree with. He likes to be carried by Abby, and won't let many other people hold him.

Name: Tiny
    Species: Rufflet
    Description: A really timid and sweet Rufflet. He wishes to make friends, but his fear won't allow him. He thinks that he's too small to do anything. He does see Abby as his mother. He has a very good relationship with Shay. Munchies' outgoing personality frightens him a little. He likes to roost on Abby's shoulder. He dreams to one day evolve and soar the skies. He seems to think that when he evolves, he'll have friends and won't be scared anymore.

Name: Faere Logans

Appearance: Faere has a thin and willowy build that has her standing a full 5'6 tall and weighing around 115 pounds. Her lean frame is well toned from a vigorous lifestyle, her lightly tanned complexion setting off bright green eyes. Faere's strawberry blond hair is cut to an easily manageable length, normally hangs loose somewhere below her shoulders, but it is long enough for her to put it into a ponytail, especially on windy days.

Her attire is just as simple. Faere is normally seen wearing plain, brown cargo pants that are belted with a thatched-patterned cloth. She also sports a sleevless white t-shirt, with shiny, mud-brown cowbot boots to protect her feet and ankles.

Personality: Faere loves to explore, and always has. Ever since she was little she's been going from one place to the next, always finding something new. That curious nature has also led her to be advanced in academics, learning anything she could. Despite this, she is rather mature for her age group, although she is not against fun or having a good laugh. Faere is a kind girl, reaching out to everyone, or atleast those who are kind to Pokemon. She is really an open, outward person that loves to cheer people up.

History: Faere grew up in Olivine City, Johto. Her mother stayed home to take care of her and her younger sister, as her father made most of the family's profit as a fisherman. Sadly, one night, the lighthouse's Ampharos became ill when Faere's father's ship was coming into port. The captain couldn't see the rocky shoreline and unfortunately, the boat never made it. Her mother, re-married though, and Faere refuses to call her mother's spouse "Dad," and instead calls him "Derek." Faere always excelled in academics and was overjoyed when she got the letter from Starlight Academy.

Pokemon:

Name: Stripes
    Species: Zebstrika

Name: Lily
    Species: Flygon

Name: Quill
    Species: Typhlosion

Other: FYI, this'll be my first RP here on Bulbagarden. *squeals*
    Last edited by PrettyinPink; 8th November 2011 at 08:44 PM.
    I Ship Many Shippings

WishfulShipping ♥ PokeShipping ♥ PalletShipping ♥ AdvanceShipping ♥ RocketShipping ♥ ContestShipping ♥ SacredShipping ♥ FerrisWheelShipping

It doesn't really matter

All ACCEPTED.

Name: John Smith

Appearance: John is very tall for his age standing at almost 6'4. He has a very muscular build and has short brown hair that is always spiked up in the front. He is very handsome, with chiseled features. John usually wears t-shirts and shorts, but sometimes he wears jeans. John owns only one pair of shoes, which are a pair of white and red high-tops. He likes to wear hats when he doesn't feel like fixing his hair. John likes to wear sweatshirts too. He usually keeps his Pokeballs in his pockets.

Personality: John is very bright and inteligent. Hence the reason he was accepted into Starlight Academy. John beleives that making the right choices is always the most important. He wants to be just like his dad when he grows up. He excelled in sports and academics, but was always very passive and shy.

History: (I don't have much to put) John was born and raised in Castelia City. The city was full of crime at the time, so John made sure he got out of there quick by getting a Bagon and traveling to Kanto to go on his journey. Shortly after he returned to Castelia, he was accepted into Starlight Academy.

Pokemon:

Name: Drago

Species: Salamence

John received Drago as a Bagon for his first Pokemon. He took Drago to the Kanto Region where he traveled through the region and challenged the Pokemon League. Now a Salamence, Drago is John's best friend.

Name: Blade

Species: Gallade (Shiny)

John received Blade as a Kirlia from his parents on his birthday. Tyler also received a Dawn Stone, which he used to evolve Blade into a Gallade.

Name: Snoozer

Species: Snorlax

John caught Snoozer as his second Pokemon when it was blocking his path. He jumped on it's belly until it woke up and caught it.

Other: Nope.
    Last edited by Santa Trainer; 8th November 2011 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Skitty-Lover on Tumblr

Could you please reserve me a spot?

Deep in the meadow, under the willow...

Blog Entries

Likewise. I shall sign up soon.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Yayz! *happy dance*

So, when's this gonna start up, anyway?
    I Ship Many Shippings

WishfulShipping ♥ PokeShipping ♥ PalletShipping ♥ AdvanceShipping ♥ RocketShipping ♥ ContestShipping ♥ SacredShipping ♥ FerrisWheelShipping

It doesn't really matter

@Magnifica Skitty and Mouthful of Pi RESERVED

We will likely start this week.

It doesn't really matter

@Magnifica Skitty and Mouthful of Pi RESERVED

We will likely start this week.

Blog Entries

Name: Remus Praetor

Appearance: http://data.whicdn.com/images/6517511/ryan_sheckler_1222880571_thumb.jpg
    His clothing is a plain green-teal tee shirt that goes down to his thighs. He wears simple, skinny, dark blue jeans and bright blue and red leather Nike high-tops. He also has a tattoo on his back that he doesn't show to many people. Not because it's hidden for a reason, he just doesn't want to show off. For now, he has a cast on his right arm from an incident at Mount Silver. He's very chiseled, muscular, and overall good looking, which he uses to his advantage.

Personality: Remus is very kind to others, though he is very severe and harsh in his battles. He is relentless, even though his pokemon are fairly weak. He would like to learn how to battle better, but he wouldn't like to see his pokemon injured. Similar to his battling strategy, he acts this way in real life. He is very nice to his friends, but anybody who he dislikes, he will pick apart bone by bone. This makes Remus a bad enemy. However, Remus is also a bit oblivious and naive. He will only be upset at you if you have done something to seriously anger him. Also, because Remus is attractive, he attempts to seduce girls often, as well as the occasional boy, for he is bisexual.

History: Remus grew up in a rich family that lived between Johto and Kanto. He spent much of his early childhood inside their mansion of a home, playing with his family's pokemon. When Remus' father got another job, they moved to Goldenrod City, though they couldn't sell their old home. In Goldenrod, Remus' dad meddled with the wrong crowd and was kidnapped (adultnapped?) and was never heard from again. His mother ran away, developing schizophrenia and extreme paranoia, thinking that she was to be captured and possibly killed next. Fretting, Remus, who had now captured his first two pokemon, escaped back to his old house. Inside the mansion yet again, Remus began training his pokemon. After he had felt he had enough sufficient training, he began his venture to Mt. Silver. When he arrived there, he captured his third pokemon. While recovering at the nearest pokecenter, Remus received the invitation letter to the academy. He accepted and is currently awaiting September 3rd in the mansion.

Pokemon: Is it okay that they each have 6 moves? If not, the last two of each pokemon can be removed.
    Species: Ledyba
    Level: 15
    Name: Willow
    Moves: Acrobatics, Comet Punch, Bug Buzz, Solar Beam, Thunder Punch, Double Team
    History: Remus caught Willow when he was a young boy and never thought he should train her. She is his oldest pokemon companion, as she was his first capture. She was caught in a competition with his friends, but he loved her none the less. During this competition, the group of friends were attacked by an Ursaring. Willow defended the group long enough for them to escape. She was nearly killed by the bears, but she hung on. Remus healed and nursed her back to health, but she still has a deathly fear of Ursaring and bears in general. Caught in a luxury ball, which makes her extremely nice. Remus stole the luxury ball from the pokemart. Willow doesn't mind being in her pokeball, as it is comfortable, but when she is out of her pokeball, she flutters around and only sits on high objects.

Species: Furret
    Level: 29
    Name: Rye
    Moves: Thunder, Flamethrower, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Dig, Surf
    History: Remus casually caught Rye as a Sentret, with no notable events happening with it. The way he captured Rye was by sneaking up behind her and quickly capturing, rather than battling. However, soon after he began using Rye in battle, he realized that she was more than just a regular Sentret. Her moves and strength make her the strongest and most used in battle pokemon on Remus' team. Caught in a Quick Ball. Prefers to stay out of her pokeball, and when she is out, she is always climbing around Remus, though she is most often found perching on Remus' neck.

Species: Sneasel
    Level: 24
    Name: Alistair
    Moves: Agility, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Bite, Crush Claw, Shadow Ball
    History: Remus caught Alistair at the base of Mount Silver. Remus was about to enter Mount Silver, but Alistair appeared and blocked their path into the mountain. A little cocky, Remus tried to push by the Sneasel, but Alistair wouldn't budge. He then tried to capture him, to which he succeeded. But when the pokeball returned to Remus, a plethora of incredibly strong pokemon sprinted out the entrance. Almost being killed, Remus narrowly escaped. Now, Alistair still doesn't always obey Remus in battle, knowing that he had already made an almost fatal mistake. However, Alistair still loves Remus and always obeys his judgement outside of battles. Caught in a dusk ball. Is fine with his pokeball, but he prefers to be out. When Alistair is out of his pokeball, he always clings close to Remus, occasionally holding Remus' hand.

Other: Uhhhh nothing, I guess.

It doesn't really matter

@Jester ACCEPTED

I will give this RP one more day for people to sign-up before I start it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast