Spring Samba (A Journey Through Johto) SIGN-UPS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Samba (A Journey Through Johto) SIGN-UPS

Blog Entries

Default Spring Samba (A Journey Through Johto) SIGN-UPS

The Pokemon World is full of mysteries. Pokemon, the amazing creatures that thrive on our planet, of with many unique qualities are found most everywhere; from the dense jungles to the vast, open plains, soaring high above the blue skies and diving down to deepest depths in the ocean, there isn't one place you won't find them! In the Pokemon World, Pokemon and people live together in harmony. Living together, and reaching out to each other, as friends and comrades, they coexist.

Some people, however, choose to use Pokemon for their own selfish reasons. Abusing Pokemon, using them as tools or slaves, evil characters use Pokemon to commit crimes and sometimes to achieve an even greater goal. Despite the fruitless efforts of those determined to stop these,there will always be evil out there to counteract all of the good in the world.

Police officials in Azalea Town have reported sightings of suspicious men and woman clad in only black, with the exception of the blood red "R" imprinted on their chests, near the Slowpoke Well. The citizens of Johto fear that evil teams will soon rise again, like the ones that have been defeated in Kanto many years before.

Johto, a History

It was mid-morning in the quaint town of New Bark. People were just beginning to emerge from their domiciles, some still groggy from a restless night. The shops and businesses that lined the dirt roads were just opening around now- the only place that had seen activity before this time in the morning was the local Pokemon Research Lab, which had been preparing for the big day ahead of them. Many of those who woke up during these hours did so by choice- for love of their job, or for love of the multitude of species of Pokemon that only showed up when the sun was just making its way over the horizon. Professor Elm yawned and gently stirred his coffee. "It's almost time!" he mused, glancing at his watch and opening up the door of his laboratory as the sunlight streamed in, glinting off the marble floor tiles. After all the anticipation, the day was finally here. Several children would be stopping by the lab to pick up a starter Pokemon and a Pokedex to start the journeys. You could just feel the excitment in the crisp, spring air...

Rules:

Sign-ups

Example:
    Last edited by Sir Red; 15th November 2012 at 08:03 PM.

Default Re: Spring Samba (A Journey Through Johto) SIGN-UPS

Name:Rei Valentine
    Training career:League
    Hometown:New Bark Town, Johto.

Appearence: Has a black trenchcoat,which does a good job of covering his old white shirt. Has long blue hair,some of which is dyed black,and black eyes. Wears black sneakers that are over 10 years old. Wears his pokeballs around his neck,similar to Alder.(He thinks he made it up first)

Personality: Rei is a very strange guy,who belives silence is the best way to learn about a person. He can also be very loud when with friends. Regards pokemon as tools,but still cares for them. His quiet demeanor can put people off,but for those who look past it,he's a pretty cool guy. Many people are tense around him,due to his strange aura.

Background: He was adopted by a family in Johto,and never got to know his real parents. Was always a rebel in school,and was in more fights than he can count. Always tries to stop bullies,no matter what their age. The day Marcus was cornered by the bullies with a bat, Rei was two blocks away in a fight. He was so ferocious in that fight that people started calling him the "Devils Left Hand". He was sent to Unova to stay with his uncle,who brought home a injured Zorua from 'work' one day. Rei took the Zorua back home to Johto,where he was asked by Professor Elm to help some kid on his journey.

Pokemon: Zorua is male,nicknamed Ark.

Other: All of his pokemon are level 1, and hes way too poor to buy pokeballs.
    Last edited by Madara Uchiha; 2nd January 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Name: Eliot Nadel
    Training Career: League
    Hometown/Region: New Bark, Johto
    Appearance: At exactly six feet tall, Eliot's pretty tall for his age. He has fairly long blue hair, mostly because he hates the barber's shop (He's worried about getting his ears chopped off.) He usually dresses in formal styles, usually wearing a tuxedo vest, button up shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes. He always wears a pair of pink heart-shaped sunglasses, and has uncommonly large blue eyebrows. He also wears a pair of kitty ears. He says they are magical, but they probably aren't.
    Personality: Eliot was raised to be a gentleman. He is very polite and well mannered, and will always serve others before himself. He's the kind of person who would give anyone the shirt off their back, and their pants, shoes, socks, heart-shaped sunglasses, and tie as well. He is also constantly awed by the feminine form, often rhapsodizing on the beauty of women he meets, and hitting on most females and pretty men. However, he will never disrespect a woman, and is very chivalrous. Above all, though, he respects his father. Maybe it's because he knows that his father is working to support him, or maybe it's just instinctual, but his ultimate goal is to make his father proud. He doesn't know how he will, but he wants to.
    Background:Eliot saw a lot of his father's back, as his father was a serious businessman working on serious business. His father often left him with a singing baby sitter that was very strict, and taught him to be a gentleman. Whenever he stepped out of line, she would scream in his ears and sing annoying songs he hated about drinking sugar in addition to medicine. He tried raising Pokemon so his father would be proud, but his dad kept ignoring him. So he decided to go beat the Elite Four to gain his father's favor. He ordered a Lotad egg online, and hugged it until it hatched.
    Starter Pokemon: Lotad, male.
    Other: Nope!
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Reserve me a spot? I'll sign up later today
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Hi! This seems good. I might not be very active on bulbagarden at all, but am an avid RPer on another forum.

Name: Clover Trink
    Training Career: Both... no, League.
    Hometown/Region: Cherrygrove City.

Appearance: Clover is a tiny girl with platina blonde hair that she most of the time tries to keep in a high ponytail. It's so bushy, however, so it tends to fall out and stand in every direction anyways. Her face is kind of chubby - the only chubby part of her. She's got freckles all over her nose and cheeks and bright green eyes that seem to glow at you. For clothing, Clover doesn't dress in a very girly fashion. She wears brown, sturdy boots that fit perfectly even though they look a bit too big for her. They cover her legs almost up to her knees, where gray leggings can be seen instead, until the bright brown brace trousers begin. They look rather large on her and have lots of golden buttons and pockets where she keeps everything and anything. Under that, she wears a long sleeved t-shirt that tends to get dirty pretty often. She has extras with her, in different colors. For keeping her belongings, she wears a green bag over her shoulder. It looks heavy and large, but that's where Clover's unusual strength shows. She carries it without trouble. Clover hasn't gotten any "womanly features" yet and perhaps never will. She has a round necklace hanging in a thin, black leather band around her neck. It shows a yin-yang symbol, but it's gold and silver instead of black and white. Of course, it's not real gold or silver.

Personality: This is a girl who doesn't worry about things unless she really has to. She isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty and she keeps up a smile at most times. Somewhat oblivious to others, but not really naive, she can be annoying sometimes when she doesn't really listen to warnings or advice. She is rather handy and knows how to fix many things, like machines, and she knows how to build things, make up fires and pretty much survive. She doesn't really know how to make herself pretty or act as polite as one should in some situations, though. She's been told that looks isn't at all everything but that she is very cute anyways, and she believes that it's what lies within that counts. She treats pokémon like friends and talks to them as such. In battles, she is quick and creative but doesn't like to put her friends through much pain so she might give up a bit early sometimes.

Background: Clover was born as the only child in a happy but rather poor family in Cherrygrove. The parents of her father lived with them and were the ones who taught her how to have fun in life... until they both died from old age when Clover turned 9. Her parents kept up the cheerful spirit though and she got over the sorrow quite quickly. Mr Trink was a caretaker at the local school and on top of that he often helped out at construction sites or at garages and workshops. He was a very handy man and he built the Trink's house with his own hands, despite it being very costly. Mrs Trink was working at a flowershop and she loved the outdoors and nature and pokémon and taught Clover a lot about that. They were quite poor, like I said, and couldn't really spoil Clover like many other kids in town were. But they gave her as much as they possibly could in terms of love, and one day she told them what they always knew she would say: she wanted to start a pokémon journey and get pokémon of her own to take care of and play with!

Starter Pokemon: Emolga, male, nicknamed: Emonga

Other: Nope :3
    Last edited by Furuba; 5th January 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Blog Entries

@kenshin akagi - Denied. Everythings seems okay, but what you put as your starter Pokemon troubles me. I know this wasn't in the rules, but please, no legendary Pokemon. You may only have one starter, as well, you put down three. Change that, and you're in.

@Kona-Chan - Accepted!

@GroundTrainer - Reserved. Reserves last 3 days.

@Furuba - Nice job. Accepted!

Thanks! If I may ask, how many players will you require before we start? Also, are there levels for pokémon?

Blog Entries

It really depends. I'll probably leave this up 'til the end of the week and go from there. But, if we end up getting a lot more people sooner, we'll start sooner, see? And nope, no levels. This RP is mostly based off of the anime.

@kenshin akagi - I see you've edited, but like I said in my earlier post, no legendaries, please.

Zorua's a legendairie?

Blog Entries

No, Zorua is not a legendary. Just furrybait Nintendo made so people could draw yaoi of it on deviantart.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

WHY DID YOU HAVE TOO REMIND ME! NO ZOROARK! LUCARIO WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HIM?! I'll be in the Emo corner trying to forget this horrid scene.
    Last edited by Madara Uchiha; 3rd January 2012 at 04:12 AM.

Blog Entries

No. Zorua's fine. But, if I'm not mistaken, before you last edited, you had Genesect written as your starter. You're accepted, by the way.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I guess we're not allowed to do both league and contests?

I dunno.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

Can I change my starter to Emolga btw?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast