Souls (non-pokemon) (sandbox fighter)

Thread: Souls (non-pokemon) (sandbox fighter)

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Souls (non-pokemon) (sandbox fighter)

Souls

“Man himself is a shell, a vessel from which the soul leads.”

We often ask ourselves ‘who am I’, but a better question would be ‘who can I be’. We are given so many opportunities to create better lives for ourselves, and yet we so often ignore them. We’d rather accept where we are in life than embrace the possibilities. Some of us do take those chances to take a new destiny, but we usually get more then we ask for. The only thing worse is when we don’t get to choose.

Some people are born different. We’re something else. Humans, but more. We hear a calling in our heart, one that draws us to our destiny. It tugs at us. We feel empty, out of place, alone. It’s a hole in our being, one that we cannot leave unfilled, so we pursue it with all our might. This only makes it worse when some fall short. A new voice enters their mind one that changes them. It pulls them away from the world, and corrupts them.
    Give me a moment and I’ll explain better. Our soul that thing that makes up you real being you thoughts and emotions are more like two souls. Our own and another. The second is that guiding voice. It also is its own being. One that had its own life and now has been sent to help us. Throughout history there were great men and women. They changed their worlds for the better. They are immortalized for it, and not just figuratively. They become these spirits, and come back with people who hold great potential. Along with that are the terrible people who destroyed the world. They are immortalized for the wrongs they did. The worst of them are held back by the by best of the good. Still on earth there are good and evil always at war. If you hear that voice in your heart then listens to it, and follow it to the ends of the earth.

Basically mythical heroes and villains from throughout time come back and act as guiding mentors for present day people. You get to make up the historic person.

The RP will be set in Harker City (fake place) on the east coast of the US. It has a past as a major steel foundry and factory town, but its gotten more population over the years. Why you're there? Well that’s up to you.

Rules: (I'll admit this is my first Mature RP that I am GMing, but I still know where to draw the line)

Violence: I want to see you being creative with how you are tearing each other apart. I expect gore, I expect excessive force, and I expect (especially the villains) to want that violence.

Romance: I generally don't get too many characters who are different genders and are willing to start romantic relationships, but if I do I'd be fine with seeing them go all the way, but since the RP centers on the battle between good and evil I'd prefer you keep it in your pants most of the time, and when you can't hold it in anymore find a room.

Ethics: This is obviously good and evil so there are a lot of people with low moral standards. Don't go wasting your best stuff just because you can. If you just swear all the time it means almost nothing during important times.

Generic: then of course you have all the common rules of RPing. godmodding, bunnying, etc.

SU (sign ups):

Here’s mine:

Last edited by jasonwolf; 15th June 2012 at 06:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Souls (non-pokemon) (sandbox fighter)

Name: Ethan Nimdok
    Cover name: Mangler

Appearance: Ethan's outfit varies throughout the day. When at home or working at the comic store, he wears fairly casual clothes. Usually t-shirts with obscure jokes or pop culture references and jeans. When he's experimenting, he wears a lab coat and goggles. And when he's doing stuff as The Mangler, he ditches his shirt, and after taking a pill, runs around with green skin in just his pants, often with Princess clinging to his back. He always wears glasses, except as The Mangler; In that form, he wears contacts.

Physically, Ethan is very thin and lanky. He has longish black hair, and large brown eyes. He has very pale skin from spending too much time inside playing video games.

Background: Ethan is actually a fairly normal guy. He was born in a middle class suburban family; His mother was a teacher, and his father was an electrician. He got really good grades in school; Amazing ones. He was offered the chance to skip grades, but he was worried that he'd leave his friends behind. Of course, he ended up doing so; He had to move. The stress from the move made his grades drop. Well, at least, that was what he said. Really, he started hearing voices. He saw a man in a labcoat, telling him to do things. Things like kill the neighbors dog, or dig up dead bodies in the graveyard. Eventually, he started listening.

He learned the ghost was a man named Joseph Kampfer, a former scientist. Joseph taught him everything he knew about biology. Combined with his growing misanthropism, this made Ethan go over to the dark side. After graduating from high school, he started going to college. Well, not really going; He just pays tuition and takes tests, passing all of them. What he really does when he's not working at the comic book store is plotting. He wants power; He wants to take over the world.

Personality: Ethan may be evil, but he can be polite. In fact, most of the time, he's a pretty normal guy. He likes comic books, tabletop games, video games, anime, and performing experiments, and he's very polite. However, he has almost no conscience: If it would suit his needs to do something evil, he will. He usually won't go out of his way to do horrible things, but if it would suit his needs, he has no qualms about killing people or setting things on fire. But he'll also do nice things if he thinks he'll get something. He rarely cares for others; He has an intense contempt for his fellow man, considering them beneath him.

Alignment: Evil

Soul: Joseph Kampfer

Power set: Mechanist

Additional power style: Ethan mostly knows biology. Thus most of his powers come from modifications to his body, and most of his equipment is genetically modified plants and animals, with a couple of machines that interface with human biological functions.

Equipment:
    Zombie Dust: One of Ethan's first creations was a fungus. Not just any fungus. Ethan keeps packets of the spores on hand. He stores them in packets he swipes from the sugar factory, and owing to the fact that they look like a sort of white powder, can be mistaken for such. However, when sprinkled on dead tissue, the spores travel to the brain, taking root. They distribute themselves through the body, repairing muscles, getting it into workable condition. In one minute, the corpse is reanimated as a zombie.. They aren't very smart, though. They can be ordered to attack people, and maybe learn to open doors, but they can't pick locks or anything like that. Also, they're kind of a pain to store, since they smell bad and aren't exactly pretty.

Princess: Ethan just hatched a giant spider, named and named her Princess. Since Ethan was the first thing she saw, she thinks that Ethan is it's mother. She can shoot sticky webs. When these webs harden, they're as hard as iron, and usually can only be removed by burning them. She's about as smart as a fairly intelligent dog, and roughly the size of a basketball. But she's still a baby. She'll grow in size based on what Ethan feeds her. So, if Ethan feeds her babies, she'ill grow to become the size of a baby; If he feeds her pick-up trucks full of ground beef he steals from the butcher's, she's grow to be the size of a truck. Of course, at that point, he'll have to figure out where to store her. And she still needs to be trained.

Mangler Pill: These black pills, each one the size of a pea, are what let him become the mangler. They disguise him: For one hour after eating one, his skin turns green, and his hair becomes white. His eyes turn red, and his fingers turn into claws; His mouth becomes full of rows of sharklike teeth. He also ceases to feel pain; The effects of these pills last one hour. He usually keeps a bottle of them in his pocket and pops them as needed.

Apartment: Ethan rents a small apartment in the university district of town. It has basic stuff: A TV, a ton of anime DVDs, some old video games, and a bookshelf full of D&D books. Here is where he stores the terrarium where he keeps the mushrooms he gets his zombie dust from. Princess lives there. He helps the old lady who lives next door in exchange for cookies.
    Also, the basement is infested with rats. The other tenants don't like it, but Ethan thinks of it as a perk; Before he started capturing them, he had to steal hamsters from the pet store as test subjects and food for Princess. Also, due to the rats and the basement's general creepiness, it's pretty rare for people to go down there, and easy to clean, so he often performs experiments down there.

Acid Shooters: Ethan installed a set of acid shooters in his writs. With a simple hand gesture, he can fire a powerful acid that can melt most anything.

Weak point: As mentioned above, his zombies are kind of stupid. Also, they smell bad after a day or so, so he's gonna need to find some kinda place to store them. The same goes for Princess: Eventually, she's gonna get to big for his apartment.

The acid he fires from his wrists can't melt through glass. Also, bases will neutralize it. And he can only fit about half a cup in each one, so he usually only gets one shot for each squirter. Finally, if his wrists are hit, the shooters might break, releasing any acid into his arms.

Also, all this stuff costs money. He only makes enough cash from his job at the comic book shop to pay rent, for food, and some other stuff. The muscle grafts alone costed a couple hundred bucks. Basically, if he wants more powers, he's gonna have to find a way to make a lot of money.

This also means he needs to keep his job, so he absolutely has to keep his identity secret. That might be difficult, since his disguise wears off after an hour without his pills.

Speaking of, he probably could sell a lot of the stuff he makes for a ton of money. Unfortunately, he hates the idea of other people being able to obtain his inventions without his consent. So he'll almost never let anyone touch his works. And he definitely won't sell them, despite the fact that he is presently living off of ramen.

Skill set:
    Enhanced Senses: One of Ethan's first real projects was to alter his own senses. He can now hear things very far away. Also, if he concentrates, he can single out specific sounds. He can hear a whispered conversation on the other side of a busy street. He also has very good night vision, and can smell things like a bloodhound.

Fire Breath: Ethan has modified lungs. This allows him to breathe fire. He can either shoot out a short-range stream with a wide spread, or he can spit fireballs at loner range. Either way, they are both hot enough to burn a man to ashes.

Tentacles: Ethan also added a few new bits to his body. He now has four large black spots on his back. With concentration, he can turn these into a set of long, thick tentacles. These tentacles can absorb electricity from things like power outlets, and then use it to heal Ethan. Further, their points are quite sharp, and can stab people like spears. Finally, they are quite tough, and very difficult to cut through.

Muscle Modification: Ethan's a busy man. Between work, being an evil genius, and playing video games, he really doesn't have time to go to the gym. So, with a combination of muscle grafts and DNA modification, he simply used science. Granted, Ethan doesn't look stronger; That's simply because his muscles have been made denser. His physical abilities have increased drastically: He learned he could travel around town by leaping from rooftop to rooftop. And after a police officer attempted to arrest him after he was caught stealing hamsters from the pet store, Ethan uprooted a stop sign and sliced the lawman's head off with it.

History: Joseph Kampfer was a scientist. A mad scientist. His experiments ended when an angry mob attacked his house when it was discovered he was kidnapping children to use as guinea pigs for a virus he was creating.

Personality & Style: If Ethan is simply amoral, Kampfer is downright evil; He often encourages Ethan to kill people for the hell of it. He's also batshit insane; When he was alive, he would make sculptures using the remains of his experiments.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 19th June 2012 at 02:07 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

nice for unfinished. two things though.

1. you kerp refering to your charactet as Eric instead of Eliot.

2. your only weakness power wise is required for one of your other powers. in the sand form water imobilizes you, but you can use water to heal so it seems sort of loop hole-ish. idk maybe im just missing something.

Blog Entries

If I had a pure Mystic dude, would his magic powers be more potent than, say, those of a Mystic/Sorcerer?

Also, if a power falls under the person's specialization, is it more powerful? Like, say, a soldier had Swordsmanship as his style, would sword skills be stronger?
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 12th June 2012 at 02:13 AM.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

yep, except sorcerer isnt a power set. Mystic and Relic often work well together.

yes it definantly does.

Now anyway why did you change everything!? I liked that old character.

Blog Entries

sigh the cursed bump!

guess I should have seen it coming though since it always happens.

Blog Entries

To be fair, the sign ups require a lot of text.

Blog Entries

ok I shortened it more. now the personality is 1 paragraph. and the soul history and personality have no minimum.

Blog Entries

Finished. Took me long enough.

Blog Entries

well you did a total 180 from your first character, and I can't say I don't liket his one, but darn I did like the idea of the gunsliger priest. anyway this guys all set.

Accepted.

Blog Entries

I would have used him, but he borrowed a ton of elements from Hinduism. Not that I wouldn't want to make a dude who was a Hindu-practitioner (Can't remember the proper term off the top of my head) but there's simply too much to research to portray it correctly, and if I'm gonna have a character with some religious stuff, I want to be able to make it very accurate and respectful. On that note, I likely will make another character soon.

Blog Entries

Name: Thomas Campbell
    Cover name: Musashi, Prince of Blades. Prince for short.

Appearance: Prince doesn't need a costume, because people are rarely left alive after he kills them. Still, he wears gauze around the lower half of his face just in case a camera gets him. Normally, he wears a leather jacket with blue flames on it, and a skull on the back. This might look badass, except for the fact that he usually also wears a t-shirt featuring anime girls or cute animals on it underneath. He also usually wears jeans and steel-toed boots.

Background: Prince may be a hero, but he's a little fucked up. Which makes sense, considering that he watched his parents die. He was on the way home from the opera, when he and his parents were kidnapped. He was then forced to watch as the man butchered his parents, cooked them, and then ate them. Or at least, that's what he says.

Really, he's just a middle-class kid who plays too many video games and had one too many insane ghosts possessing him. Now he's obsessed with violence. He knows he's not allowed to kill random people. So instead, he only kills people like criminals.

Personality: Prince very much enjoys killing people. But he's otherwise a nice guy. Extremely geeky, to the point where his apartment is half-full of action figures and posters of anime girls. But yeah. He's pretty easygoing, if a bit foulmouthed.

Alignment: Good

Soul: Sengo Muramasa

Power set: Soldier

Additional power style: Prince always uses a sword. Or chainsaw sword.

Equipment: Prince wields a chainsaw sword a friend made for him, called Chaos Blade. He also has some light armor he keeps under his clothes.

He also has an apartment right across from Ethan Nimdok's. And a motorcycle.

Weak point: If he's not wielding a sword, or vaguely sword-like weapon, all his powers are useless.

Skill set:
    Great Cleave: Prince is insanely good with swords. So much so that he can cut through more or less anything. Even things he really shouldn't be able to, like fire. If on his journey, he meets God, God will be cut.

Empty Air Strike: Prince slices the air in such a way that it creates a shockwave, allowing him to cut things from a distance. This is less powerful than his normal sword swings, but it can still total a car if it hits.

Air Slice: Prince moves insanely fast for a single second, allowing him to teleport short distances. If he finishes in the air. If he does, he hovers for a few seconds before falling.

Killer Instinct: Prince has insane reflexes. He can react fast enough to slice bullets in half in mid-air.

History: Muramasa was a master swordsmith. His blades are said to thirst for blood.

Personality & Style: While not necessarily evil, Muramasa's a little...Unhinged. He won't kill people himself, but he loves violence.