Thread: Skills: The Immortal Journey

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Skills: The Immortal Journey

SKILLS: THE IMMORTAL JOURNEY

Introduction

Well that was long wasn’t it, the story was there because…well I wanted to write it to be quite honest.

But anyways if you don’t feel like reading my wonderfully written story then I’ll write this summarized version of it, well basically I’ll just cut to the core of it.

You live in Earth 520 years into the future after being changed by a big accident that doesn’t matter here and was reconstructed into four continents, known simply as North, South, East and West continents. You are a Skill User, a person with a special power or weapon that has been captured by the Seekers for breaking the Laws of Equality, which basically prohibit Skill Users from using their powers or Cheats unless they have a license.

To pay for your crime you are now being sent to Neo Tartaros, an island prison located in the middle of the sea. Criminals are thrown into this island where there are no rules and yes they are allowed to use their powers. Essentially the island is set up so that criminals could end up killing each other and having their fill, they can’t escape thanks to a special barrier that keeps them locked in the island and if they try they will be executed by the Wardens.

Now I will explain the 5 Skills that Skill Users fall into.

RULES

No godmodding, don’t give your character a power that makes them too powerful, remember that everything has their weakness and you should make sure to keep up with them.

No bunnying or flaming

Don’t argue with other users, if you want to fight them your character can always fight theirs if that helps though.

All of the rules of the bulbagarden RP section apply

What I say goes, so make sure to follow these rules and whatever I say.

If you agree to these rules then put … anywhere in your sign up.

My Sign Ups

Last edited by Flaze; 24th October 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Skills: The Immortal Journey

I'll join. I'll make mine when I'm not as busy.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Doesn't sound bad to me (also, what category would you say having poisonous skin/any poison-related abilities fall into?)
    Last edited by Bad Apple; 25th October 2013 at 06:51 PM.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Poisonous abilities could fall in either magic or Life Energy, but if you're gonna go for your character having poisonous skin then that'll fall under mutant.

Blog Entries

Name: Alice Scarlet

Appearance: Alice can easily be described as a "Gothic Lolita". She stands at 5,1 and weighs 101 lbs. She's slightly flat chested for a girl her age, and but her skin is a pale alabaster without a single blemish. She has perfectly proportioned features, that only make her look more beautiful. Her eyes are an icy blue, and her hair is yellow blonde, and waist length. In terms of styling, Alice ties her hair into two waist length pigtails with black ribbons, with slightly long bangs that come down to just above her eyebrows.

For clothing, Alice wears a white buttons up long sleeved shirt with a frilly ribbon tied into a bow under her collar, with a purple skirt that comes down to her mid thigh. She then wears purple and black striped pantyhose, with a pair of black leather loafers.

Skill: Magic

Power: Alice has mastered various forms of sorcery, her biggest accomplishment being able to teleport at will. However, she has true aptitude for using Wind and Lightning based sorcery to attack her foes an elegant yet brutal assault. She is capable of attacking from a distance, using bolts of lightning. However, she can be deadly up close being able to create small bursts of wind to give a boost in speed. While it isn't used in combat, she has also managed to create a Pocket Dimension called. "Requiem." Which consists of a rose garden where she sips her tea. Alice isn't without her weak points however. Since she relies on speed, hit and run strategies, and distance to gain the upper hand, she has a hard time battling in enclosed spaces such as caves.

Background: Alice keeps her past a secret from everybody. She was once an aristocrat's daughter, however after her father had bad mouthed the seekers, he was sentenced to death for treason. A month ago, Alice was sentenced to being sent to the island for using her magic to defend someone from being mugged. However, she did not protest, she thought this as a chance to gather followers and overthrow the seekers.

Item: Alice chose to bring a black lace Parasol.

Other: I agree and choose to follow all of the rules set forth.
    Last edited by Naoto; 26th October 2013 at 07:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Also for the mutant skill, I'm kind of confused with the way you worded it (or if you made a typo). You said they have the ability to change their appearance, so are they shapeshifters in a way? And their appearance changes when they use their special powers, so do they just go back to their natural appearance when using their powers?

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

No, their appearance changes whenever they use their powers and then when they're not using it they go back to being normal.

Blog Entries

Name: Shiloh Komodo

Appearance: Shiloh stands at 4'2" and weighs 70 pounds, so for her age she's kinda average. Her skin is a dark olive color and her eyes are strangely violet in color. Her hair is medium length and reaches down to her shoulders, being black in color. Her clothes are basic street clothes, consisting of dull colored t-shirts, worn jeans and walking shoes. But she always wears the same brown-ish green hoodie with each outfit, and prefers to keep the hood up.

When using her powers, she takes on a drastically different appearance. While her hair length/color and eye color remain the same, she is somewhat larger in both height and weight. But she is still considered small and light in this form. The pupils in Shiloh's eyes are now reptilian shaped, and her skin is... well... covered in dark green scales. To add on to this, she also has a thin whip-like tail, small yet sharp black claws, fangs, and what looks like horns growing in...

Skill: Mutant

Power: Shiloh's power is related to poison. When activated, her skin becomes toxic, but her claws and fangs retain a more lethal and faster poison than the one in her skin. The toxins in her skin causes her victims to pass out and/or become horribly sick, giving them fevers and acid burns (however the acid burns only appear if they've touched her skin for a long time, like being stuck in a small space and squished against her for an hour). The poison residing in her fangs and claws can cause her victims to pass out within half an hour, and if they aren't treated in approximately 2 hours, then they're killed by the toxins. Poison related abilities aside, she is able to use her tail similar to a whip and make a quick little sting on whoever bothers her enough. The tail is the only part of her body that doesn't kill people with illness, making it a weak-point.

Background: Right now, you're probably wondering how the hell a 10 year old was put into this prison for powerful freaks. Well Shiloh was always a more... difficult child. She was those kind of kids who weren't afraid to get in trouble for beating up another kid on the playground, and growing up she was completely unaware of her Mutant origins. Even though both of her parents were Mutants, they never used their powers in front of their children and followed the laws of Wayward City very strictly. She had an older brother, who hadn't inherited any of the mutated genetics, so she was expected to be a normal human as well. That is until the day she got into a fight with her brother, and in sudden frustration she discovered her powers and transformed into her mutated appearance. That was when she slashed at him, and her poison caused him to fall unconscious. When the police were called, she threatened to poison the officers as well. When she had attacked, she was easily outnumbered, arrested, then taken to Neo Tartaros. Her brother died in the hospital shortly afterwards.

Item: Her only item, for some odd reason, is a gray-blue umbrella. No one knows where she got it, she doesn't remember how she got it, but it's useful for rainy days. On the handle is a carving of the Alchemy symbol for Mercury.

Other: ...

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Name: Aquilia (not that she goes by her real name, she gives fake names to people for fun)

Appearance:

Aquilia is the deadly cross between a black widow and the classic femme fatale. Tall, graceful and blessed with curves, she is beautiful and she knows it. Her blonde hair is naturally wavy and has black and purple highlights dyed in. Her eyes are normally ice blue but they fluctuate to red and even violet depending on her power levels.

She usually wears dark colors and she doesn't go anywhere without her long black leather boots with stiletto heels. Her taste in clothes and jewelry is dark, expensive and visually stunning to go along with her appearance.

Skill: PSI

Powers: Aquilia's powers have been passed down from her family, particularly her infamous grandfather. She has pyrokinetic and telekinetic abilities but her trademark powers have to do with mind invasion. She takes a particular glee out of penetrating someone's mind, playing off of their fears and weaknesses, and ultimately tearing the fragile mind to shreds.

Background: Aquilia's story really begins with her grandfather. Known only as Jack, her grandfather was part of the Slayers for a time, during which he absorbed a summation of the world's knowledge in an attempt to save it. However, it came at a price: destabilising his mind even more. A lust for power caused Jack to perform reckless and dangerous experiments on his own mind. He unlocked untold psi powers but at the cost of his own sanity.

Jack's brain was left so unstable that his offspring and even his granddaughter were left with the blessing and the curse of his experiments. Aquilia was given incredible gifts but also a severe lack of sanity and stability. Hearing and seeing voices and memories in her head that weren't hers didn't help.

Aquilia never met her grandfather or grandmother and as a result she couldn't understand why she was what she was. And the voices in her head, combined with the fact that her powers are so advanced that their usage comes with a price to her own mind have led to her snapping before she was fifteen.

For close to ten years, she roamed, killing and stealing and generally causing mayhem. The only reason she was caught was that a battalion of Seekers caught up to her while she was sleeping off a night of wild excess. And the only reason she was left alive was that her captors didn't know who she actually was. Thrown into the prison, Aquilia's mind is stewing, on the verge of snapping yet again.

Item: A pair of dark black sunglasses that were a custom pair of her grandfather's. they were passed down to her from her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Jason Wolf

Appearance: He stands 6'2" and has a rather lean build. His face is plain, but his eyes stand out with dark amber irises that peer out from under his ragged brown hair. He wears rugged jeans, and a leather hiking boots. He wears wears a black T-shirt over a gray long sleeve shirt, and a over that is his bandoleer.

Skill: magic ((he does act a bit mutant, but his powers don’t physically change him.))

Power: Jason is a Beast Mage. He doesn’t have the physical form of a beast, but emanates a strong aura of one.

He has extreme predatory skills, and the aura provides him with the physical ability to use them. He can form a beast aura around him that looks somewhat like a werewolf. This acts as both his offense and defense.

Commune with Beasts: Jason has great social skills with monsters. If given enough time he can possibly turn them into his partners, though often most beasts just don’t care.

Evolution: The bestial aura is always hungry, and drives Jason to want to kill and adapt. After killing another skill user the aura feasts on them gaining more power.

Weaknesses: Jason’s weakness is he is not willing to fully give into his bestial side. He doesn’t want to have to kill and be a monster, but he knows that’s what he is. He attempts to evade fighting because if his power grows too much it will consume him too.
    Besides that in combat he has no ranged abilities, he the aura doesn’t provide nearly as much defense as offense, and if the aura dissipates ((which happens when it takes too much damage then it goes into hibernation to regenerate)) he can only use his “commune with beasts”.

Background: Jason never meant to use his powers like he did. He had always kept them under control, but when he got pushed to far he pushed a set of claws right through that asshole’s chest. In court a number of people defended his actions, but Jason didn’t. He was a killer. No one else knew how much he enjoyed it. Seeing the blood on his hands invigorated him. It also terrified him. It was easy to control his power before, but now he was at war, and the island prison would only make it worse.

Item: A bandoleer with a bone charm centered on the buckle.

Other: uhm … idk.

Blog Entries

Name: Niko Nates
    Appearance: Appearance: Leon's most distinctive feature is his straight, copper colored hair, which reaches just barely past chin length. He has tan skin, with freckles dotting his face, and bright green eyes. He's fairly tall, at six feet, with a slender frame, accentuated with lean muscle. While he is fairly strong, he's built for dexterity.

As far as clothes, Leon almost always wears his favorite leather jacket. He had it specially modified to have a yin-yang sign emblazoned on the back. He wears it over his bare chest, refusing to close his jacket or wear a shirt no matter what. Around his waist, he wears a pair of black jeans, suited for protecting one's legs if one falls off a motorcycle. He wears a pair of thick black boots on his feet, meant for all sorts of climates. On his back is a sword. It's crudely made, but still very dangerous in his hands.

Skill: PSI

Power: Niko's powers are based almost entirely on making him more dangerous with a sword. But he specialized in techniques that make him better with swords. He has naturally developed some very fast reflexes, and is thus very hard to hit. However, his main power is that he can channel barriers around a blade or any vaguely blade-shaped object, making it noticeably sharper. A baseball bat could cut through flesh, while a normal sword would be able to cut through stone with ease, and a blade crafted by a master could cleave through a car as easily as if it were air.

He can also shape metal with his powers, although the process is so slow that it really only works outside of battle.

Background: (optional)
    Item: A DS. He also has a longsword he's crafted for himself using his powers, although he made that while he was on the island.

Other: I agree to the rules.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 1st November 2013 at 03:29 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Name: Kuro Wolf

Appearance: Long black hair that goes just past his shoulders and covers the right side of his face most of the time. His left eye is amber while his right eye and ear are gone with scars replacing them, and an eye patch over the spot of his right eye. He stands just above average male height with a thin but pure muscular build. His whole torso is covered in scars. For clothing he wears long sleeved black turtleneck, black leather pants that go into black shitkickers and a black trench coat. His shitkickers reach his knees and have latches all over having been edited to deal with his transformation. He also has two fangs in place of his canines, and his nails are sharp like claws. He also wears a silver necklace that remains fine even when he transforms.

Skill: Mutant

Power:He has immortal life in the sense of age and appearance. He is faster than human ability, but not super fast, along jumping ability and strength that allows him to dig into ones back and rip out their spine if he so wishes. He also has excelled healing abilities; this means if he breaks his arm it takes no more than a week to heal, and allows him to recover from some death blows since it also raises his sturdiness. He also has that ability to transform into a mutated furless werewolf creature that retains his eye color, as well as missing eye and ear. As this creature he is fast to the point of un-seeable by the human eye, jumping ability reaches close to tops of small multi story buildings, and strength easily crushes trees. His clothes are ripped to shreds in this form, minus his boots witch unlatch and form to his legs, and his trench coat which is large enough to not rip with the new larger form. While this form is strong, in it he has very little control and is still learning how to control it. In human form due to the wolf form and missing half his face-his sense of smell and hearing match those of a wolf's, above this in his wolf form. He needs to drink blood for his energy, but any kind works, even animal. Wounds made by silver do not heal at an accelerated rate.

Background: I'll leave this to come out in the rp.

Item: He chose a silver necklace shaped like a wolf head howling over a cross, inside are three folded pictures.

Other: I do not agree with these rules.
    Last edited by Midorikawa; 31st October 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

All right, I've liked what i've seen so far so everyone here is accepted! I'll start this tomorrow as I have a class later tonight xD

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well so we have two different wolves. this is gonna be weird.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

They're different skills and powers so it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast