The Sinnoh Saga: Sign Up/Lounge (Pokemon)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sinnoh Saga: Sign Up/Lounge (Pokemon)

Blog Entries

Default The Sinnoh Saga: Sign Up/Lounge (Pokemon)

Welcome to the Sinnoh Region! A region that contains a paradice for trainers with some of the strongest gym leaders imaginable but also a Coordinators Dream where Contests are held every year. The local Profesor, Prof Rowan, is once again offering starter pokemon to begining trainers who wish to start there first journey. From there aspiring youths travel to either become a Pokemon Trainer who hones the their pokemon's strength against the local gyms, or a Pokemon Coordinator who trains there pokemon to show off there inner beauty and power. Trainers hope to win eight badges in Gym Battles so they can challenge the Sinnoh League and challenge the Elite Four and there champion, The strong and beautiful Cynthia. Coordinators aspire to win 5 ribbons in Pokemon Contests so they can go to the Grand Festival held at the Lake Valor Resort. However, not all is great in Sinnoh. Rumors have begun to spread about an old organization called Team Galactic has been slowly growing stronger and is near to making a comeback. That being said, there just rumors so no one knows if this is true or not but with a curtain about to draw on the journey's of 6 new trainers and coordinators, we can be sure to see an intresting outcome.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, kind people who have viewed this thread and are still reading. This is a journey RPG. I know Journey RPG's have a record for never being finished because of lack of plot, lack of activity, or inactive GM's. But I intend to change that, My hope here is to esablish an active Journey RPG that makes it to an true ending without death by Inactivity. That being said, if you have busy schedule's and don't come on Bulba Garden Forums that often. This RPG is Not for you. If you are active and enjoy RPG's and want to make more then one post a day. I ask you to join this RPG. The plot here is your an aspiring Trainer or Coordinator who decides to travel with the other people who have also recieved Pokemon from Prof Rowan. However, during your travels you get caught up in the actions of a newly revived Team Galactic who once again seek to create a new universe free of emotion and they'll go at any extreme to achieve their goal.

Rules:

1. All Bulba Garden forum Rules apply

2. What i say is law

3. Keep romance and violence at a PG-13 level

4. If you going to be inactive for a long periond of time, Please PM me why and how long you'll be inactive.

5. No Bunnying, Flaming, God Modding, ETC.

6. Have Fun

If you have read the rules put Sinnoh Star In your Sign Up

Battles are anime style and are rather relaxed. Be reasonable though, your not going to see a Shinx take down a Garchomp are you. Take Type advantages in account and remember! You can't win every battle. If a winner can't be decided. I will decide a winner based on the battle itself and who has won more battles then the other.

Catching Pokemon im not very strict about, you can catch any pokemon you like as long as the envirment fits. You not going to find a Garchomp or Darkrai on Route 1. Be reasonable, if you can think of a clever back story of how a pokemon came to be at that place like a Gible was abandoned by its trainer. PM me so I can see if its reasonable enough for catching. Please be detailed when catching a pokemon, Describe the entire battle before catching the Pokemon. Also try avoiding have the same pokemon as other Characters in this RPG.

Evolution I am more strict about, Please PM when you want a pokemon to evolve and i will judge if its appropiate based on how many battles that pokemon has been in and if its a proper time in the RPG.
    Pokemon that rely on pure trading to evolve such as Haunter or Graveler will evolve by level up and pokemon that need to be traded with items to evolve just need that item.

Pokemon can use any move they have learned in the RPG.

Contest Appeals will be simple, you simply write a paragraph of how you pokemon uses moves to look beautiful and you will most likely get through to the battle round which works like the Battles as written above.

NPC's such as Prof Rowan can be played by anyone but please wait for everyone to post first before you get your first pokemon. Gym Leader's and Team Galactic Members will be played by me as not to create confusion.

Starter Pokemon; There are six starter pokemon that be choosen meaning that 5 other people can sign up

Closed

Turtwig - Terra Solidum

Chimchar - BlazingQuilava

Piplup - Singing' In The Rain

Riolu - ColourTheory

Buneary - Haruhi Suzumiya

Shinx - mwto

Now the moment you all have been waiting for.

My Sign Up/Example

Last edited by Naoto; 3rd July 2012 at 04:23 PM.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Sinnoh Saga: Sign Up/Lounge (Pokemon)

Name: Jewel Lombardi

Nickname: N/A

Hometown: Veilstone City, Sinnoh

Appearance: Jewel has long brown hair and blue eyes. She wears a quarter sleeved shirt with red sleeves, and white torso. She wears a black hooded vest overher shirt, and blue jean shorts. Her shoes are black and white sneakers.

Personality: Jewel is caring towards pokemon and people. She likes to help when she can. She isn't shy but she isn't overly social. She speaks when spoken to, and able to speak aloud. She is very knowledgeable about pokemon of the Sinnoh region, and loves to learn about pokemon from other regions.

History: Jewel grew up with just her mother as her father left when she was young, never to be heard from again. She would always spend her time studying about the pokemon of the Sinnoh Region, and would even go and watch gym matches at the gym to learn about battles. She even became friends with Maylene from watching her so much. Jewel's mother became sick when she was 10 so she stayed home to take care of her. Her mother made a full recovery and by 15, Jewel was ready to finally leave home for her pokemon journey, as she had nothing to hold her back.

Starter Pokemon: Shinx

Profession: Trainer

Other: Sinnoh Star

Blog Entries

@mwto; aproved! 4 Spots left!

~Roleplay Padawan~

Name: Alex Santos

Hometown: Hearthome City, Sinnoh

Appearance: Alex is quite tall for his age, standing at 6'2, with a rather fair complexion. He has a stocky, well-toned musculature due to hardy, vigorous lifestyle. Alex has shaggy light brown hair, dropping down to only just above his ears, and a pair of bright, amber eyes with hints of gray in them. He normally shoots for comfort rather than style in his clothing. Alex usually wears a red colored short sleeve t-shirt under a black sleeveless jacket. He also wears a pair of thorn off jeans and worn out, red tennis sneakers. He tops off the look by wearing a pair of black fingerless gloves.

Personality: Alex is an easy-going, collected kid, always ready for adventure. He enjoys meeting new people and is generally open towards making new friends. His appearance and initial stoicism can be off-putting or even intimidating to some, but time will soon show a lovable bundle of jaded cynicism and contempt. He's world-weary without the burden of being world-wise. Alex has always had an adoration of Pokemon, always trying to be caring, and kind-hearted towards them. It makes him sick with anger to think that there are people who abuse and treat Pokemon horribly. Alex gets in over his head with things at times, hating to be overshadowed by others. He is quite bold, sometimes even being a little impulsive, and is normally one not afraid to take risks. All in all, Alex is an upbeat, outward young man that loves to cheer people up.

History: Alex was born in Hearthome City, Sinnoh where he lived a fairly normal life, at least through most of his life. He always had a lot of friends at school and was generally liked by the people that knew him. His family being neither poor nor rich, Alex had a classic middle-class upbringing. He quite enjoyed growing up and living in the big city, he got to see all different kinds of both people and Pokémon who travelled through the city. He attended the Pokémon School in the city but after his completion of the program he just didn’t have the desire to start on a journey like all the other kids in his class, feeling as if something was wrong with him, being that he wasn’t overly fascinated by Pokémon. One fateful night, Alex's father was murdered by a member of Team Galactic, after refusing to give up his Pokemon. After this occurred the boy and his mother had to fare for themselves, something that was beginning to become increasingly hard with the loss. The incident left Alex with a sickening hatred of all evil organizations around the world.

At the age of twelve, Alex got into battling as a sport, he started watching tapes of famous trainer battles and became more interesting in traveling but it wasn't the joy of traveling it was the thing he could get. With that he prepared himself for his journey so that he could become champion not for the fame and fortune, but for the glory. Through this he worked for months to try and gain the right amount of money to last him until he was at least skilled enough to get his own money for sure and settled for leaving on his journey. Alex grabbed a ride with his cousin to Twinleaf Town, once deciding to start his journey in his home turf of Sinnoh. As a present for him leaving Alex's mother bestowed upon him a Riolu that he could use in battle, his first ever Pokemon.

Starter Pokemon: Riolu

Profession: Coordinator

Other: Sinnoh Star

Blog Entries

@ColourTheory; Approved!!! =D

3 Spots Left!

Blog Entries

Could I get a spot reserved with Chimchar?
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

@BlazingQuilava; Your reserved for 1 day!!! Your reservation expires tomorrow!

Blog Entries

Name: Riley Reynolds

Hometown: Mahogany Town

Appearance: Riley is about 5'6" and he has a slender build with a fairly tan skin tone from being outside working on his parents ranch. He is usually seen wearing a pair of jeans and a blue and white plaid button up short sleeved shirt. His shirt is usually buttoned up as he prefers. He is also shown to usually wear a cowboy hat over his short yet messy brown hair.

Personality: Riley is a rather loud and rambunctious teenager, much to the contrast of his chilled and relaxed family. Riley usually needs to be on the go and doing something or else he'll grow bored easily, partly the reason why he left the ranch to pursue his journey as a Pokemon Trainer. Riley is usually a thrill seeker who shows no fear, though his somewhat loud mouth can easily get him in trouble. He tends to talk very much like a cowboy.

History: Riley comes from a small ranch right by Mahogany Town where he spent probably half of his life working on his family's ranch. Riley was raised in a rather laid back setting and though after a while he started to crave a bit more excitement and thrills. He reluctantly helped his parents on the ranch and hardly had much time to go out and play with his friends as a child unless his parents said so, or he snuck out and abandoned his chores. His cravings for a more "exciting" life grew as he grew older and into the age most kids would start their journey. He was fairly good with Pokemon on the ranch and when he heard some of his friends had gone out on their own journey through the world, he decided he wanted to go as well. When he turned 14 his parents decided they'd finally let him go on a journey after he explained to them how badly he wanted to go on a journey of his own.

Starter Pokemon: Chimchar

Profession: Trainer

Other: Sinnoh Superstar

Blog Entries

@BlazingQuilava; Aprroved!!! 2 spots remaining!!

Blog Entries

@BlazingQuilava; @mwto; @ColourTheory;

Question, Do you want to go ahead and start the Start Up? Or wait for the other 2 spots to get filled before starting?

Blog Entries

Either way is fine with me.

Blog Entries

Yeah either way is fine but if you choose to wait for someone who wants a Piplup or Turtwig I hope we won't be waiting days

Blog Entries

Alright, if there not taken by this evening, I'll post the Start Up. If anyone wants to reccomend this RP to a friend. Feel free to do so, otherwise me and one other person get the luxury of RPing with 2 characters.

Blog Entries

I'm sure Terra would be interested and he'd take the Turtwig slot since Torterra is part ground, though I haven't seen him around here lately

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    I'm sure Terra would be interested and he'd take the Turtwig slot since Torterra is part ground, though I haven't seen him around here lately
    Do you mean Terra Solidum?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast