Seeking RP

Thread: Seeking RP

Blog Entries

Default Seeking RP

Hello there, fellow RPers. Most of you probably have no idea who I am unless you happen to be part of the URPG, so let me make a brief introduction before getting to the main point of this thread.

My name is Jessica, but you guys can call me Jess, Jessie, DoH, TTar, TTar_Trainer, TT (these last names stem from a previous username I used to have at another forum, that other name being Tyranitar_Trainer), or whatever pops into mind. I run the National Park portion of the URPG, which is a roleplaying section. I have been RPing for quite a few years and have done a wide variety of RPs during this time. I tend to prefer lengthy RPs and posts, but that's just the writer in me demanding attention lol.

NOW THEN. It's sad to say that a lot of the time, when I go RP hunting I rarely find one that catches my attention or follows my interests. So instead of hunting and searching and never finding what I'm looking for, I decided to make a post and see if I can find like-minded people to join me for some RPs we can all get into.

I've done most RPs you can think of, short of ones like school-based or family-based RPs. My specialties lie in anime and fantasy, however. I RP a relatively wide spectrum of anime and styles in most cases, but I'm looking for a few specific anime-based RPs at the moment:

*Hellsing
    *Vampire Hunter D

If anyone is interested in doing an RP of either or both of these, don't hesitate to let me know :D.

I do crossovers and AU, and unlike a good number of people am willing to take up the roles of both male and female CCs when it comes to RPing from anime, books, and so on. I don't shy away from romance in RPs, either, but RPs in which romance is the main focus aren't really my thing. It feels more natural and thus easier in my opinion if romance blossoms through the course of the RP.

I do private and group RPs. For private RPs we can do it several ways; forum, PM, email, or via IM such as AIM. I have several years experience doing RP in all these fashions, so whichever works for you will be fine for me.

I also tend to RP in the first-person, which some people seem to really like and which others seem to, well, not like so much lol. If you have a specific preference let me know; otherwise, out of habit all my RPs are done in first-person POV.

I have a very large arsenal of characters I've accumulated over the years, and I'll list my favorite ones here. If you'd prefer an RP w/ a specific character let me know and I'll be happy to oblige:

* Elai Morinstal, a Spirit Dragon Priestess
    * El, a shapeshifter
    * Kiju, a Lycan
    * Arunei Shade, a Sayorian (think super-intelligent raptors that can appear as humans)
    * Chiso, an elf
    * Kori, a Demon
    * Sheir, a Dhampir (usually only used for Vampire Hunter D RPs but meh)
    * Shairii Woldrac, who has been several races throughout her "life"
    * Ras Lei, a raptor'kesh (super intelligent raptor capable of using magic who was created by humans) and Kit, an anthropomorphic feline who can warp space and create black holes (NOTE: These two characters have intertwined histories and will always be in an RP together)

There are many others, but these are the ones I tend to use the most. Full histories, details, and such will be provided at the time of RP unless you want to know more about the characters prior. If that's the case let me know and I'll PM you a biography.

So yeah, I think that's it. Again right now I'm mainly looking for either a Hellsing or Vampire Hunter D RP, but I'm up for a lot of different things (I also do Pokemon, Digimon, Wolf's Rain, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and plenty others, though for some of these series I've fallen sadly behind). Just let me know what you're looking for as well and I'm sure we can come up with something we can all enjoy ^_^.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Seeking RP

Group Naruto ones are often successful. I haven't seen many successful Vampire one's, I'm afraid, though there's a first time for everything. Have you considered one with an original setting? Those are popular. Are you looking to set one up, or make someone else do it?
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 20th December 2011 at 03:51 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

I do original RPs all the time, usually with a modern fantasy setting. I could whip one up no problem if someone were interested in doing one ^_^.

Yeah, Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D are obscure as far as the RPing community goes. I've been in maybe a total of maybe 6 Hellsing RPs and 1 Vampire Hunter D one ever since I started RPing a good 15 or so years ago. Kinda depressing, really lol.

I can start RPs or others can, doesn't really matter to me either way. Depends on what you prefer.

EDIT: BTW, don't let my manly username fool you. I'm a chick lol.

Blog Entries

I'd be willing to do a private one, though I prefer group RPs. If you fill me in on either Hunter or Hellsing, I'd be willing to do either. Hellsing's the one with the Alucard dude and Nazis and androgynous men, right?
    ...That's actually most vampire anime, isn't it? But I think I'm somewhat familiar with it anyway.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 20th December 2011 at 05:32 AM.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Rare to see another URPG'er in this section, but really not complaining :D

I'd be interested in joining, but sadly do not know much about Hellsing or Vampire Hunter D save seeing the pilot episode of the former one. I usually end up gravitating towards PMD and fantasy-style RPs on the forum, but willing to try something new out. Have had a vampire character or two in the past, along with playing VtM before the group fell through, and could probably re-orient the character to another setting so long as it isn't something like Twilight >.< hate that series with a passion. If you want to end up doing something from another universe though usually use one of three characters and tweak their history a bit to fit the setting:

Akinai - most common one used on BMG. Humanoid from the setting she came from, 95% of the time fully human here.
    Makina - longest-used character. Human, and a Dragoon originally.
    Isalia - Human, was planned as a Paladin who would eventually become a Blackguard.

others, less-used ones are:

Kaya - half-dragon, tends to stay in human form.
    Shara - originally a Lasombra antitribu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Xmas View Post
    I'd be willing to do a private one, though I prefer group RPs. If you fill me in on either Hunter or Hellsing, I'd be willing to do either. Hellsing's the one with the Alucard dude and Nazis and androgynous men, right?
    ...That's actually most vampire anime, isn't it? But I think I'm somewhat familiar with it anyway.
    XD That's Hellsing all right. Vampire Hunter D is harder to explain, really, but in simple terms it's set about 12,000 years into the future. A massive world war that was started by vampires known as Nobility devastated the human race and allowed the vampires to become rulers of the world. Thanks to the rise of Hunters, though, their numbers are dwindling. It's pretty cool; I suggest watching Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust if you're into anime like that as it's one of the best vampire-y anime out there ^_^. It also contains spiffy things like mutants and advanced technology despite the massive destruction caused by the war :D.

I have plots and stuff for VHD, Hellsing, and other RPs, as well as private and group. I can always type up a few things, shoot 'em your way, let you see which you like and whether you'd want to do a private or group RP with any of them. I also have a VHD/Pokemon fanfic idea that can be easily turned into an RP, if it matters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Akinai View Post
    Rare to see another URPG'er in this section, but really not complaining :D

I'd be interested in joining, but sadly do not know much about Hellsing or Vampire Hunter D save seeing the pilot episode of the former one. I usually end up gravitating towards PMD and fantasy-style RPs on the forum, but willing to try something new out. Have had a vampire character or two in the past, along with playing VtM before the group fell through, and could probably re-orient the character to another setting so long as it isn't something like Twilight >.< hate that series with a passion. If you want to end up doing something from another universe though usually use one of three characters and tweak their history a bit to fit the setting:

Akinai - most common one used on BMG. Humanoid from the setting she came from, 95% of the time fully human here.
    Makina - longest-used character. Human, and a Dragoon originally.
    Isalia - Human, was planned as a Paladin who would eventually become a Blackguard.

others, less-used ones are:

Kaya - half-dragon, tends to stay in human form.
    Shara - originally a Lasombra antitribu.
    Hellsing is pretty basic and VHD is too, I suppose, once you get past the deep plots and such of the actual canon lol. I was actually part of a D&D-style YIM RP for several years and played D in it. 'Twas fun lol, but I prefer letting others control certain players in most RPs. Like I said, I'm willing to take on most roles, but I do like giving others a chance at certain characters XD.

In terms of PMD, I've never really played a PMD game except one I had for about a week, and I'm honestly not quite sure how a RP based on it would work. I do, however, have a fair number of plots involving modern fantasy settings. A lot of them involve other anime or games or what have you, but they can all be tweaked to make them original. Do you prefer private or group RPs? Also depending on what everyone decides I can start an original fantasy RP within a day or so ^_^.

Most PMD RPs usually just boil down to just a normal RP save the fact that your character is a Pokemon. In other words, there are quite a few different forms.

As for the question on preference, only been in one private RP so can't really give an answer there. As long as people post decent-sized responses, fine with either.

Blog Entries

Heh, I've done plenty of RPs where you're a Pokemon in a world where humans either don't exist or are an endangered species and have done a few stories/fanfics with that as the theme as well, so I suppose a PMD RP wouldn't be so different from some of the other RPs I've been in.

You've never seen my RPing outside of the URPG, I'm going to assume, but rest assured I do very long, very detailed posts. Sometimes TOO long and detailed, if you believe the complaints of friends I've RPed with in the past.

Currently I'm working on a few different plots that I've used in the past, tidying the up a bit and editing them to make them more appealing. Several are Pokemon RPs, some are original ones, all were on PE2K in the past lol. I'm also going over some of my old thread and such @ Gaia, as well as digging up old ideas that haven't seen the light of day. I've already got that Pokemon/VHD one polished and ready if anyone's interested in looking at it. There's an old Pokemon RP, too, that I wanted to post and never got around to. Oh, and a Dragon One I was working on a LOOOONG time ago.../ramble

Held off on replying to this for a couple days to see if more people would be interested as well, but looks like that thought fell through x.x

To be honest, haven't really seen much of your RPing save for a few Park posts when I was new to the URPG, but seemed pretty solid. The comment on decent-sized posts was more a suggestion for when other people want to be involved, as some RPs have post responses that are only a single sentence. Granted, I'm not an insane large-text responder yet, but harder to reply to a post or for people to catch up if the thread is full of short statements.

Can always look up info on VHD, so if you already have that one ready could try it out, or maybe toss that idea out on the Sounding Board and see if others would be interested. As for the last part, Dragon One... is that an anime, or a typo and it is based off of dragons?

Blog Entries

I've got a few VHD ones, one completely VHD based and the other crossed over w/ Pokemon. I could post both ideas and see which people prefer more.

Also that was indeed a typo, as I meant to put "Dragon one" lol. I really should finish fleshing that out; I was making geography of each of the planets involved in it...

Blog Entries

Whatever, I'll play anything. I have too much time on my hands. Ooh! Has anyone played Persona?