Secrets of Profecta (With Added Gameplay, Help Needed)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of Profecta (With Added Gameplay, Help Needed)

Blog Entries

Default Secrets of Profecta (With Added Gameplay, Help Needed)

So, you know how in most RPs, you can do whatever you want as far as stupidity in battle goes and get away with it because it's an RP and it's supposed to be a given that you're going to win? Weeeeeeell, not here. You see, in this RP, all major battles are solved by going into a battle simulator and well... battling, whilst the plot reflects who wins. Don't you think it adds a nice layer of tension if you know the heroes aren't guaranteed their win? This is also related to the fact that I need help, I need someone who's a good battler and sits on American timezones to administrate battles during times I can't manage. However, you need not worry if you feel your battling skills aren't great, as I will match the power of pokémon you face to your observed skill levels, so after the first couple of battles you should be on even ground most of the time.

Anyway, on to the plot. The game takes place in the region of Profecta, which I totally made up for this RP. As far as it's wildlife goes, it's diverse but sparse. It is often said of Profecta that you could travel it's main routes all day and only see one pokemon, but what you see could be anything from a Pidgey to a Salamence. The plot starts with the PCs, who are a group of students at Profecta Academy (I'm not spoiling too much, but it's not staying an academy RP for any significant time, don't be put off), where the local Professor, Pine carries out his work. The rest, shall unfold before you...

Team Rules

So, interested? Well, here's the signup. If there are any questions, at all, feel free to ask.
    Name:
    History:
    And also, some information to do with your playing habits to help me out here. If you can just tell me when you're normally on (in your local time) and what simulator/server you prefer it would help a lot.
    Last edited by Plumbum; 11th August 2012 at 02:18 PM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Default Re: Secrets of Profecta (With Added Gameplay, Help Needed)

This actually looks really fun

Name: Jessica Hale
    Starting Pokemon: Emolga
    History: Jessica was born and raised in Goldenrod City in the Johto region. She comes from a big family, in which she was the middle child. All her life, she was used to sharing things and hand-me-downs. Tired of having to share things with her huge family, she decided to go and learn more about Pokémon when she was a kid and moved to the Profecta Region with her older brother where they both studied at the Profecta Academy.

Just wondering, how old is everyone supposed to be in this RP?
    Last edited by OshaMiju; 11th August 2012 at 04:43 PM.
    "I'm gonna, like, save the world!"

Blog Entries

I'd guess you'd be looking at somewhere around the teens since it's an academy start. Sorry for the slow reply, I sort of put this thread up and then I was almost immediately on my bike.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

No problem.

Name: Reece
    Starting Pokemon: (if we can start with any) Pidgey. If not, Charmander.
    History: Reece grew up in vermillion as an orphan, not confident enough to try for a pokemon. He simply worked on the docks. It was one day when a storm blew in and he threw a tantrum after slipping on the wet ground and hurting his wrist. He had had enough of his life then, he wanted a change, and knew that he could only do that with the help of a pokemon, and set out to catch the first ship to the first place he could see; Profekta.

Other: im on literally all the time.. I get mobile updates and post via my iphone.

Blog Entries

Yeah, your starting pokémon doesn't actually have to be a starter from the series. If I was having a character, I'd probably use Scyther as my starting mon.

Also, bit of a question to you, what sim do you use on iPhone? I know Pokémon Online has an Android app, but it's very out of date and has no teambuilder. If you've got one going on iPhone, I got to see if it goes for Android too.

Of course, if you use sims on PC, then ignore me.

What are these sims of which you speak?

Blog Entries

Name: Mila Fey
    Starting Pokemon: Misdrevas
    History: Mila grew up in Lavender Town being raised by her older sister, a channeler in the pokemon tower for as long as she could remember. Her sister told her that their parents vanished long ago, presumably to start a better life elsewhere and abandoning them. However after years of feeling stonewalled, the sisters fought and she told her she was no longer content in being trained to be a channeler and wanted to start a better life. Eventually, Mara gave in and has sent her to the Profecta Academy in the hopes their teachings will distract her from her current, dangerous goal.
    Other:
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Zat izz wunderbar. Accepted.

Um if we don't need a regional starter Pokemon for our starter, can I change mine to Emolga?

Blog Entries

No problem at all.

Im afraid ima have to pull out if youre depending on the sim things (my laptop get burgled last week) but maybe sometime in the future!

Blog Entries

I'm sorry if I led you a bit astray about that. I have bolded the relevant passage in the OP so it's a bit clearer now though.

Oh hey thats no problem at all :)

Just because this whole simulator thing looks very committed, I think I might actually have to drop out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast