Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sacred Army: A Fantasy/Sci-fi RP

Default Re: Sacred Army: A Fantasy/Sci-fi RP

@Yun Approved Welcome aboard
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

It's nice having the odd character out.

I latched on to the Sci-Fi a bit too much and went modern-day?

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

No, not at all, the point is your character can be ANYTHING :P

Blog Entries

Name: Vincent Laurent

Race: Human (American). He shares his body with a monster named that is eating his nervous system.

Appearance: Vincent always wears a red, short-sleeved racing jacket, over a black t-shirt with a white skull on it. On his hands, he wears a pair of fingerless black gloves, and a pair of black denim jeans adorns his legs. He has a pair of black boots on his feet. As far as his body, he has somewhat pale skin, medium-length black hair, and green eyes. He has a slender build, and stands at six feet tall, weighing 150 pounds.

Character Class: The Fighter Classes: Other Names: Warrior, Soldier. In any game with classes, one of them will always map to the Fighter. The Fighter is the tank of a group and the most basic and broad class, usually recommended for beginners. The fighter is basically, the strong guy with heavy armor, a large melee weapon, and possibly a shield or second melee weapon. Compared to the other classes, Fighters tend to be powerful but slow.

Equipment: Vincent wields a baseball bat in combat. Not just a normal wooden one. The bat looks like it's made of copper. In reality, it's made of mithral. It's indestructible, and can reflect most magic attacks. Vincent wrote "Excalibat" on the side in black sharpie.

Talents: He played in Little League when he was, like, 10. Though it's been a long time, he does remember how to properly pitch and swing a bat, so he's good at throwing things and hitting things with baseball bats.

Abilities: Vincent has a...Thingy that the government put in him living in his right hand. It's slowly eating his nervous system, and will likely take control of him one day. On the upside, though, it grants him incredible strength. The main reason he wields a special bat isn't because it can reflect magic, although that is part of it. The main reason is because normal weapons break fairly quickly when he swings them. He can rip cars in half and throw them around easily, and can crush rocks in his hands with little trouble.

He also has incredible endurance. Rose is slowly eating his nerves, replacing them with itself. This means that things that would normally make a person scream in pain barely make him flinch. Even without this, he can survive things that would normally kill most people, because Rose gives him strong powers of regeneration. You could actually watch huge gashes repair themselves. If his arm was slice off, he could just put it back on by holding the severed member to the stump.

Rose makes him resistant to magical attacks. A fireball will still hurt, but not much. And he's very resistant to magical mind control.

Finally, Vincent can take the glove off the hand with Rose in it, giving the plant-thingy sunlight. This drastically improves all his powers, but also makes Rose able to take over more of his body. So he probably won't do it except in a pinch.

Personality: Vincent, despite being strong enough to rip people limb from limb, is actually a fairly timid, mild-mannered person. He has a very gentle disposition and dislikes confrontation. In an argument, he'd rather find a compromise than pick a side. He will protect the things he values, but he doesn't really have much like that these days outside of his parents and little sister. He is very kind natured, and will usually think of others before himself. In his spare time, he plays video games and likes manga a lot.

History/Backstory: When it was discovered Vincent was one of the prophesized, it kinda caused some problems. They're supposed to be the best of the best, but Vincent simply wasn't the best. He was physically weak, couldn't run without tripping over himself, and had a fairly low threshold for pain.

Luckily, the government had a pet project. Dubbed "Rose", it was a plant that went inside of people and enhanced their physical abilities. In exchange, it would eat their nervous system, slowly taking control of the subject's body. It can be removed, but only the government scientists know how. So Vincent needs to complete his service to the Sacred Army, or have his brain eaten by a plant living in his hand.

Theme Song: Nope.

Role Playing Sample: A little heavy by my standards, wasn't that?

I'll have this guy done soon.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 9th September 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When's the start-up?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

You know, if I could get away with anything, maybe my first idea (a robot assassin) would have been cooler.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

@Plumbum, if you want to then re-do your character?

@Grit Approved Welcome to the army, whelp :P

Sign-up will be up later today if that is acceptable?

Yun
    Blog Entries

No problem.

Blog Entries

Name: SI-44 (Accepts human appellation 'Sid')
    Race: Synthetic
    Appearance: Created with Mass Effect 3 - Front, Rear. Unit light color indicates status. Blue indicates passive status; no combat. Green indicates combat mode. Red indicates system overclock.
    Character Class: Between Rogue and Swashbuckler. Better at direct fight than rogue. Better at hiding than swashbuckler.
    Equipment: [All equipment is integrated into the internal systems of SI-44]
    Right Wrist: Flamethrower
    Left Wrist: Arc Cannon [Like a flamethrower, but with electricity. Effective against other synthetics.]
    Both Hands: Sharpened as weapons
    Head: Thermal and X-Ray optics
    Cloaking Device
    Talents: SI-44 is more powerful, agile and efficient than a human of it's size. It is capable of computations thousands of times a second. A synthetic is never taken by surprise. However, external plating is weak, due to need to save on weight and is not EM-shielded. SI-44 also notably has no 'vitals' to hit - it's power source is heavily plated and all other damage can only damage isolated sections of SI-44. It may only be considered dead if it's power source or it's entire hardware platform is destroyed
    Abilities: SI-44 can overclock systems to increase it's effectiveness. However, this will place strain on it's inner components. It can also upload into other synthetic platforms, but this leaves it's platform empty and immobile.
    Personality: SI-44 is like a child due to it's recent decativation. It will need to re-learn everything about the world around it. It is however a full AI, meaning it is more complex than most automatons.
    History: SI-44 has recently activated in the desert. It was heavily damaged and it's hard drives were corrupted. No data.

@Plumbum Accepted

Start-Up Posted!!!

HERE

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Hey, I only just spotted this roleplay, and it looks pretty awesome. May I still join?

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Sure, if you sign up :P

Sign-Ups Always Welcome
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 10th September 2012 at 05:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Name: Ame Kren

Race: Uryan-Class Dragon (Humanoid Dragon) American.

Appearance: 7'3 Humanoid Dragon, head, more snake shaped. Blue-slitted eyes. Red scales with black spiral-patterned stripes. Two horns going down her back, has spiky black hair on that goes down her neck. Has black feathered wings. Tail is black tipped. Wears a short-sleeved black t-shirt and black cargo cargo pants with hole for tail. Wears a black- hooded cloak over that, with hood down. Wears a black metal gauntlet on left hand.

Character Class: Odd cross between Assassin(Offensive Rogue), and a Knight (Melee-based)

Equipment:
    2-handed Sword dubbed Zao Han- 6' long, 4in wide curved blade. Hilt is covered in bandages that can lengthen or shorten on command to make it an unorthodox throwing weapon. Preferred weapon.

M-97 Viper Sniper Rifle

Gauntlet-Made of "Morph-metal" : Morph-metal is an experimental metal heavily enchanted at it's creation. It can shift forms and become a liquid-metal in between forms, as long as it's connected to it's host. It's symbiotic and drains power from it's host when it's "active". Once it has bonded to a host, it cannot be removed unless it's forced to a smaller area of a limb and then amputated off. Ame has found a way to put in an "inactive state" to keep it from draining her energy, at the cost of it stuck in one form. Can use it as armor if necessary.

Talents: Can pick locks with her tail, very flexible. Can pick locks in general. Fast talker, and has a photographic memory. Can also distinguish between 537 different kinds of coffee.

Abilities:
    Hair and feathers can turn into a razor sharp metal, mainly for defenses purposes.
    Tail can be used as a stabbing weapon. Can go through Steel.
    Can breath a 'Black Flame' that can burn more things than normal. Black Flame doesn't melt anything(it's possible to turn ice into ash), and only provides 'light' to the wielder. It burns more things that normal fires, including things that are immaterial, like wards and enchantments. However, when the flame consumes the enchantments, it may take a life of it's own and go out of control if the wielder isn't strong-willed. A rare ability, Ame usually keeps the specifics hush-hush, for a good reason.
    Immune to many methods of mind-control, at the cost of going berserk depending on the method. Also, will never be able to use any methods whether from personal honor or inability.

Personality: Cheerful, but serious when necessary. She may come off crass when making a joke at an inappropriate time, but it's because she believes that that you should at least find some humor in everything. Strong-willed. She is a strong believer in free will and choices, and believes that everyone should have a chance to prove themselves. Because of this, she really, really doesn't like someone to attempt to control her.

Back-story: A traveler who wanders the world in search of anything interesting, she left all ties to any past a long time ago. Famous for buying and consumption of large quantities of caffeine everywhere.

Song: The Pretender - Foo Fighters with Lyrics - YouTube

Role Playing Sample: "I've been mountain climbing. I was in Johto a while back and it took me a while to head home. A pidgey caught me just as I got to the outskirts of Viridian and gave me an invitation to come here." Most standard maps don't really show much besides the way through the Indigo Plateau, which wasn't the route she had taken, preferring not to confront every single trainer that trained there. Thus, she mainly relied on a compass to make her way through and traversed the are as best as she could. - This is Not an Academy rpg

Yes! I've been looking for an rpg like this! And I think I've got everything right.
    Last edited by Xolw; 19th September 2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Clarification

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

@AmeKren Accepted

Post when ready, try to read on what's been happening :3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast