Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S.N.O.B Vs. G.R.I.T: Rivalry Revival

Blog Entries

Default S.N.O.B Vs. G.R.I.T: Rivalry Revival

It's June.

Ten years have passed.

The time has finally arrived.

You all know what I'm talking about.

It's time for S.N.O.B and G.R.I.T to cross the territory lines and face each other in battle.

Only in the Rivalry Revival Tournament.

WTF!?
    Okay, I know you're confused right now. Who the hell are S.N.O.B and G.R.I.T? What have they got to do with some weird tournament? Worry not, all the answers are here:

Valencia Island
    A beautiful sunny island where S.N.O.B and G.R.I.T is located. They are the only boarding schools on the island. The two boarding schools take up most of the island, leaving not much room for anything else apart from the sand, sea and a town wedged in between the two schools.

Porta Vista
    The name of the town wedged in between S.N.O.B and G.R.I.T on Valencia Island. There is a Pokemon Centre, Pokemon Market, GTS, several shops and restaurants and cafes, and at the edge of town, Professor Ivy's Lab.

S.N.O.B:
    One of the boarding schools that created and take part in the Rivalry Revival Tournament. Stands for 'Saint NidoKing/Queen Of Battling', founded by ol' Saint Nido himself. The pupils that attend it call it just 'Saint Nido's' but G.R.I.T call it 'SNOB', because you may only join if you are filthy rich, causing many of the students there to be snobby, posh, self-centered and well, up themselves. They do not have to know much about battling, but that situation is quite rare. The students tend to come from very high-class cities, such as Veilstone, Jubilife, Hearthome and the Resort Area in Sinnoh, Celadon and Saffron in Kanto, Goldenrod in Johto and Lilycove in Hoenn. This school has a well-known rivalry with G.R.I.T. They believe their establishment is naturally better than G.R.I.T, and do not wish to lose to G.R.I.T in the Rivalry Revival, and may use money to bribe the judges. This is not very common, seeing as this situation can go wrong and get the student disqualified.

G.R.I.T:
    One of the boarding schools that created and take part in the Rivalry Revival Tournament. Nobody's actually sure of what G.R.I.T stands for, but it has something to do with Gyarados and truth possibly in another language. It's rumoured that G.R.I.T isn't actually the real name of the school, and is actually a nickname because of the rough and tough foundation the school is built on, otherwise known as the students. Speaking of the students, I may as well tell you about them. They are harsh, merciless, rough, tough, rude and gritty. But only to strangers. All the students at G.R.I.T stick together, and think of themselves as a family or a pack of animals. G.R.I.T students are fierce battlers, even if they don't have the best school/criminal records. They will not let themselves lose to S.N.O.B in the Rivalry Revival without a fight. They have some sneaky tricks to destroy the competition.

The Rivalry Revival Tournament
    A pokemon battling tournament held between S.N.O.B and G.R.I.T every ten years in the summer. It is arranged by the headmistresses for some 'friendly competition to end the school year', but to the students, it's a whole 'nother story. There has always been a long history of rivalries between students at S.N.O.B and G.R.I.T, and the Rivalry Revival Tournament has always been the least inhumane way to settle rivalries for ten years until the next Rivalry Revival Tournament is held.

STORYLINE
    Basically, you will take part in the Rivalry Revival Tournament playing either a student attending S.N.O.B or G.R.I.T. Please note you do have to be filthy rich to play a student at S.N.O.B and quite skilled in pokemon battling to play a student at G.R.I.T.

HOW DOES THE TOURNAMENT WORK?
    The Rivalry Revival Tournament will work by battling a student from the opposing school. If you lose or win, you will not be kicked out of the tournament, the win or the loss will just be tallied on a chart. The school with the most wins or least losses wins the tournament. Once everyone has battled with each other, that is when the tournament will end and the victor will be discovered.

RULES
    - No GodModding.
    - Don't overpost or double post. We're all in different time zones!
    - Please try not to talk via OOC too much. If you need to contact somebody, do it via VM/PM!
    - I'm okay with swearing, I dunno about you.
    - 1st base is just about okay, but no 2nd, 3rd and definitely no 4th. Plus, if you decide to become a couple with somebody, please don't let your post revolve around eating their head off. Not a nice experience.
    - NO KILLING PEOPLE! NOBODY! NOT EVEN NPC'S! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!! XD
    - If you have read and understood these rules, put the phrase The Midnight Beast in bold in your sign up.

SIGN-UPS:
    S.N.O.B
    Name: First and last, if you please.

Sexuality: Straight/Gay/Lesbian/Bi

Appearance: A paragraph minimum. Pictures are okay, but it would be nice to have a description with it.

Personality: Try for a paragraph, if you please.

History: Well, you're obviously rich. Why don't you start off with that? Like how lavish your life at home is? Where are you from? Try and choose from a city that I mentioned earlier in S.N.O.B's definitions, or a city similar to it.

Pokemon: Up to six. No legendaries. You may have one or two shinies.

G.R.I.T
    Name: First and last, if you please.

Sexuality: Straight/Gay/Lesbian/Bi. Although I expect G.R.I.T students would be quite homophobic, being the nasty gits they are.

Appearance: A paragraph minimum. Pictures are okay, but it would be nice to have a description with it.

Personality: Try for a paragraph, if you please.

History: This should be pretty easy. You must have done something pretty awful to end up at G.R.I.T. And you obviously don't live the good life, do you?

Pokemon: Up to six. No legendaries. You may have one or two shinies.

TRAINERS
    S.N.O.B
    - L'wren Witchburn & J.P Sterling = GoldenrodGirl
    - Rebecca Woods = Willow's Tara
    - Louise Martins = Moonsailor
    - Joanna Greenbacks = FlyinPikachu
    - Hikaru & Kaoru Hitachiin = Anonymous
    - Stacey Clement & Clair Neft = Pman
    - Delia Clearwater = Yuukifan01
    G.R.I.T
    - Alura & Pip = GoldenrodGirl
    - Kenton Kagimoto = Rocker32103
    - Josh & Joe Antonimous = Anonymous
    - Terra Brown = Killian
    - Jamie Owens = Moonsailor
    - Samuel “Sammy Slammy” Slanston = Youngster_Joey
    - Dante = Infernal_King
    - Yuuki = Yuukifan01

NOTES
    - From the S.N.O.B rulebook:
    S.N.O.B students have to wear a uniform during school time, but may wear everyday attire after school. The uniform is a silver-coloured blazer with the S.N.O.B logo (A Nidoking and Nidoqueen with the intials S.N.O.B beneath it) sewn onto the breast pocket, a white shirt that MUST be tucked in at all times, a blue tie for girls and a purple tie for boys that must have seven stripes (ie; the tie must not be short), charcoal-coloured trousers for boys and a dark blue kilt for girls. Make up and jewellery may not be wornduring school time. However, small stud earrings are acceptable, but not for boys. Please wear your uniform with respect, we do not wish to dishonour the school!

...But barely anybody but the nerds follow these rules. Here's the real deal:
    Nobody ever wears the blazer apart from to the assembly that is held at the start of each year. Nobody wears shirts, let alone tuck them in, or their tie, they just wear fancy-looking, preppy, designer polo shirts. All the girls wear make-up and jewellery, but 'not as much as those dirty, disgusting, G.R.I.T girls'. Members of staff are fine with this, unless somebody gets a bad grade.

- G.R.I.T obviously don't have a uniform. But they kinda have an unofficial one. I can't really describe it, just think Mad-Jack-Rocker-Style meets Gangster/Rapper/Mafia-Stlye. Like, the guys wear hoodies and the girls wear cropped tops.

-There is an official cheerleading squad for S.N.O.B, called The Queen Nido's. Their uniform is basically a baby blue teeny tiny crop top with the letters 'TQN' written on it in white, a baby blue matching teeny tiny pleated skirt with silver and turquoise sneakers and matching silver and turquoise pom-poms, designed by the head cheerleader herself. Their dance routines consists of the cheerleaders acting like sluts and flashing everyone their pants.

-There is also a sort of cheerleading squad for G.R.I.T, called Gyarados's Fury. Gyarados's Fury is NOT a cheerleading squad, call it that and get burnt alive. They call their 'cheerleading' 'The Wrath of Rage', and the 'cheerleaders' are known as 'Satan's Demons'. The female uniform is made up of a black baseball cap with a gold chain on it, a black cropped sleeveless hoodie with a red Gyarados on it, denim studded shorts and black and red cleats. Because their routines are just street dance and some acrobatics, loads of the guys join Gyarados's Fury as well as the girls. The male uniform is made up of a black studded trucker cap, a black hoodie with a red Gyarados in it, baggy jeans or baggy combats and black and red cleats.
    Last edited by GoldenrodGOD; 16th June 2010 at 12:52 PM.
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Default Re: S.N.O.B Vs. G.R.I.T: Rivalry Revival

I am very interested in participating in this. My one problem is that I usually play characters that are in the middle-zone for each of these schools - not too rich, but not poor; not gritty or snobby; etc. But that means I need to get out of my comfort zone and try something new.

Reserve me a spot for G.R.I.T. please.
    Two Halves Make a Whole
    Thank you ★ ★ Princess of Hoenn!

Blog Entries

Done :)
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Joe and Josh for G.R.I.T, please. You know their bio's XD

Their pokes:

Joe: Veanasaur, Staraptor, Umbreon, Arbok, Dewgong, Houndoom.
    Josh: Charizard, Pachirisu, Espeon, Ambipom, Gyrados, Mighteana.
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

Blog Entries

Accepted :)
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Reserve S.N.O.B for ME!
    Last edited by Darth Pema07; 14th June 2010 at 07:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Porta Vista? That sounds familiar, isn't that the town in the anime that the Giant Tentacruel and Tentacools destroyed before Misty stopped them? And Valencia Island is in the Orange Islands isn't it? (Interesting they are together in this one)

S.N.O.B for Rebecca
    Name: Rebecca Woods

Sexuality: Bi but she isn't sure.

Appearance: (Think of Quinn from Glee, that's the description). Rebecca is about 5'7 tall (I don't know how tall Quinn really is lol) and quite skinny but not completely like skin and bones. She has long blond hair that goes down to her chest, her eyes are sparkling blue and she has pale skin. She normally wears light clothes with black jeans but sometimes different styles, all of them are quite fancy.

Personality: while Rebecca was born to a rich family, and goes to a boarding school many wouldn't expect Rebecca to be kind hearted and nice, although she tries not to show too much in school. She has tried helping people and being nice to them because of a history that made her the way she is. However Rebecca feels like she has to fit in and tries to be snobby and hardened, even if isn't good acting her so-called friends seem to think otherwise.

History: Rebecca was born in the upper Sinnoh Region, the Resort area where her parents were filthy rich, she had the easy life growing up with other rich kids who were snobby and prissy. However Rebecca didn’t like the life she had and always tried to work her hardest, but it seemed everytime she did someone would just make it easier for her making Rebecca annoyed. She tried doing a couple of jobs but her parents somehow believed she was forced to do it and threatened to sue them. It was only until recently Rebecca discovered she was adopted! She realized everything about her could be linked to her mother, who she only knows the first name of, Ruby.

Rebecca’s first Pokemon happened to be Torchic, who hasn’t evolved yet and she caught Minun and Plusle with it. Soon she found an injured Eevee and nursed it back to health before it wanted to tag with her, she has no idea what to evolve it to and is letting Eevee decide. Her parents showed her a book of recorded shinies and asked her which one she wanted them to get for her 15th birthday. She didn’t really care about shinies but her parents made a big deal about having one, so she chose an Shiny Absol, she can’t explain it but she felt like a connection and wonders if her real mother holds the same Pokemon, shiny or not. Later on her parents bought her a Dratini that soon evolved.

While Rebecca’s life seemed full of easy routes and vacations and getting everything Rebecca could ever want aside from meeting her real mother, you would think she became snobby but something happened back in the 7th grade that stopped Rebecca from being like that, snobby and mean and she didn’t even want to go to the school, her parents forced her claiming it would be good for her. Rebecca never spoke of that time back in the 7th grade but it made her see the entire world in a different place. She used to be like the snobby students when she was younger. A spoiled brat however her life was on the line in the 7th grader as someone had attempted to murder her to get to her parents money, they kidnapped her and made a ransom note.

Rebecca had been tossed in an alleyway where they planned to kill her, never planning to take her back however a guy in the 12th grade came to her rescue. He was ugly and obese, the type that Rebecca used to be mean to, he looked dorky however the guy risked his life and was almost killed himself, but with his Mightyena and Victreebel he caught the criminals and saved Rebecca’s life, from that day on Rebecca swore she would never discriminate against anyone or let someone else be bullied.

Pokemon: Plusle, Minun, Torchic, Absol (Shiny), Eevee and Dragonair

OOC: Don't worry, I won't let Rebecca's real mother come into the plot (Unless you want to) but she might try to find her, which is understandable. People might wonder why I am a guy and play female characters too, well simple the characters on all these RP's are from my stories, and the females from the story is just more interesting (Marc and Nick two males make good characters though) and I already know their history, personality etc. Just a bit of information if anyone's curious.

Final note, I was going to make Rebecca a cheerleader but I didn't know if the school had them so left it out. And Rebecca's Father is the Midnight Beast
    :P
    Last edited by Agent Gryphon; 13th June 2010 at 06:53 PM.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

In your interwebs, writing fan-fiction (not really though)

S.N.O.B
    Name: Louise Martins

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:Louise is small for her age, and is around 4' 9". She has short blond hair that curls inward at the ends, and brown eyes. She's started to wear a pair of rectangular, silver wire framed glasses with fake lenses because she thinks they make her look smarter. She normally wears a blue dress with a white blouse under it, white leggings, and brown mary-janes. She also wears a blue newsboys cap. She carries her supplies in a brown leather back-pack.

Personality:
    Louise is a highly stubborn person. She will always stick to her opinion, even if said opinion happens to be wrong. She also happens to have a short temper. Other than that, she is often very mature for her age, or at least she thinks she is. She treats her life as a series of puzzles that she needs to solve, and spends her spare time coming up with strategies for everything. She can often be found boasting to the other students about her "superior strategies" and any major accomplishments shes had.

History: Louise was born in Lilycove City in Hoenn. Her dad owns stock in the Lilycove department store, and her mom is a famous coordinator. Due to this, Louise's parents have no shortage of money, and are happy to give her almost anything she asks for, including sending her to her school of choice, S.N.O.B. Louise actually knows a lot about battling, and spends a lot of time participating in tournaments in the different regions.

Pokemon:
    Ralts, Plusle, Minun, Swampert, and an umbreon (called the Midnight Beast)

OOC: This is the same Louise from Pokemon Alpha, just aged up a year and with glasses. Is that alright with you?

(it was harder to choose than I thought it would be)

S.N.O.B
    Name: Joanna Greenbacks

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: 5'8 and 115 pounds. She has tanned skin, blue eyes and long, lime green hair. Wears a gold colored bandanna with a matching bikini top and a dark brown mini skirt. Joannas black boots are made of high tech materials that make it very comfortable to stand. In addition to a trainers pack slung on her hip, she normally has a Pidgey perched on her right shoulder.

Personality: Pretty open minded and willing to try anything once. Typically acts in a lawful manner but is not opposed to piracy. Sometimes says or does random things just for the fun of it.

History: A native of Lilycove city, she grew up around boats. When she graduated from middle school she was given her very own ship to captain. In a stroke of luck, she ran into a wild Pidgey that later became her 1st and most trusted pokemon. By the time Joanna was 18 years old she had customized her ship to mimic the look of a classic pirate vessel. While her home is in Lilycove city, she spends most of her free time out on the ocean exploring.

Pokemon: Air raid (Pidgey), Marauder (Jumpluff), Undine (Cloyster) and Trainwreck (Dugtrio).

The Midnight beast?
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 14th June 2010 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    People might wonder why I am a guy and play female characters too, well simple the characters on all these RP's are from my stories, and the females from the story is just more interesting (Marc and Nick two males make good characters though) and I already know their history, personality etc. Just a bit of information if anyone's curious.
    I have respect for that. I haven't reached out and tried doing that just yet, but I'm thinking of making a female equivalent of Kenton Kagimoto (the character I always play with). I generally play female characters in RPGs. (except for Pokemon, oddly)

I'm not feeling brave enough this time, so I'll make a new background story for Kenton, but eventually I'll make a girl version of him.

I'll be busy in the morning and evening every day for the next week, but I'll try and make an application sometime tomorrow early afternoon.
    Two Halves Make a Whole
    Thank you ★ ★ Princess of Hoenn!

Blog Entries

Aother set of twins who go to S.N.O.B (Providing you'll let me :) I'm finally using different characers. omg. XD)

Name: Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin

Sexuality: Bi (They’re not fussy)

Appearance:

A picture is worth a thousand words (as you say) XD

As for clothes, they pride themselves in wearing nothing but their school uniform.

Personality:
    Hikaru and Kaoru are loud, proud and popular. Their relationship with each other is border-line twincest. For some reason, this seems to be popular with the ladies, and, whenever displaying “brotherly-love”, they tend to swoon and cheer.

History:
    Hikaru and Kaoru were born in Goldenrod City, Johto. They had a rather… privileged childhood. Though living in a rather large mansion, they insisted on sharing a bed, and still do at S.N.O.B.

At school, they are members of its Host Club. (A Host Club is where the school’s handsomest boys with way too much free-time entertain ladies who also have way too much time on their hands (Not sure what else to put, GG, sorry.)

Pokemon:

Hikaru: Nidoking, Rapidash, Lapras, Skarmory, Shiftry. Alakazam.
    Kaoru: Nidoqueen, Rapidash, Milotic, Tropius, Muk, Raichu.
    Last edited by British Joe; 14th June 2010 at 11:35 AM.

G.R.I.T
    Name:
    Terra Brown

Sexuality:
    Straight.

Appearance:
    Not too out of the ordinary. She has brown hair and eyes. Her hair, however, does curl in an odd fashion naturally and tangles easily--she gave up brushing a while ago. She is extremely short and has rather pale skin. A strange scar arcs along her stomach, passing through her belly button. She wears dark clothing and has what appears to be a collar around her neck.

Personality: Rather demanding of others and harsh. She is very impatient and cannot stand disloyalty. Terra doesn't take insults well and is very temperamental. A soft spot she tries to keep hidden from most others however, is a weakness for dog pokemon though it should be obvious to any outside observers.

History: She ran away from home, nothing too strange. Until she lost her temper and killed a man. She finds it ridiculous that people 'over-reacted' and refuses to tell what provoked her.

Pokemon: Arcanine (Fang), Mightyena (Yeva), Granbull (Snow), Houndoom (Demon), Luxray (Bolt), and Ninetails (Ember).

The Midnight Beast.

Blog Entries

DarthPema07, sorry, but I'd rather not reserve you. I don't want to wait for anyone, unless you can promise me you'll sign up very soon, like Rocker32703.

Willow's Tara, sorry, but I don't want any of that wierdd sub-plot shizzle. That was really annoying with Michelle, and it kinda slowed everything down in Team Pride cuz everyone was getting impatient. I really don't want any of my RPG's to be centered about a single character. However, cut the sub-plot crap, and you're accepted! BTW, I don't watch Glee (I HATE IT! SO CHEESY!), but I watched an episode when I was bored. Is Quinn the cheerleader who gets pregnant and gets kicked off the squad or something? Anyways, whatever, yeah, I guess there can be a cheerleading squad if you want. Good idea, actually. I still haven't made two characters for each school, and I plan to. The female for S.N.O.B will be Head Cheerleader/Captain/Whatever the hell you call it.

Moonsailer, sure! Accepted!

FlyinPikachu295, accepted! I would like a tad more personality, but I guess you can't do much about that, huh?

Anonymous, Accepted! Woah, different twins? Is this your first time you've chosen to play different characters? If so, I feel priveleged :D
    BTW, good thing you mentioned a school uniform. I gotta add that in for S.N.O.B, after all, what else would one expect from the most prestigious establishment in the pokemon world?!
    P.S, all your twins always remind me of Jedward. Even the evil ones. They all make me laugh like hell XD

Killian, accepted! I really wanted somebody to have a Houndoom! :D
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

In your interwebs, writing fan-fiction (not really though)

Umm, I was just wondering, would I be allowed to make a character for GRIT too, or is it just one character for person?

Blog Entries

Thanks, Golden-Senpai! (Btw, Joe has a Houndoom -_-)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast