Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Academy

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Royal Academy

Royal Academy is the most prestigious school in all of the lands. Well known for raising the best knights, kings, queens, blacksmiths, etc. Any job that one performed in a castle the Academy prepares a student for that chosen job. However not just anyone gets in. Each and every student is chosen for being already exceptional or having great potential. Royal Academy is located in the Castle of the Cisgadb County, a country that is neutral to all and thus not a danger to any countries citizens.

About the RP: This is going to be medieval style with some modern values thrown in. In other words there will be no electricity and things like mattresses aren't made of the same material as modern day. Things like flushable toilets that have been around since B.C. however will be present. Baths will be large baths that are separated by gender. Basically you'll be a student learning what your best skill is. This may be being a knight, blacksmith, etc. Anything that's done in a castle. You can also be a prince or princess learning how to act like one and to become a good leader. Other than classes there will be a plot for you guys to follow with. There will also be things like fighting animals which will be more apparent once the RP starts. Also there is no magic or non-existant creatures so no dragons or phoenixes etc.

Rules:

My SU: (*NOTE: Teachers will not have SUs and I will be the only one controlling teachers)
    Last edited by Midorikawa; 15th August 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Like a Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Royal Academy

I'm game. May I reserve please?

Blog Entries

Can I also reserve...? (also, are things like magic considered Witchcraft or is it possible to be a court wizard?)
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Blog Entries

@Lyre Bird; @Bad Apple; Reserved for 48 hours. However I forgot to say so in the rules but there is no magic. It would just make things more complicated if there was. You can search in google for some of the different possibilities

Blog Entries

Are there dragons, and can they be pets?
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

@DracoMan; No there is not. The RP is meant to be more on a realistic scale which I just updated the first post to say

Get in the TV. Heroic Sociopath's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Nicholas Flamel
    Appearance: They aren't going to be wearing sneakers or stilettos. However feel free to give them anime appearance with unusual hair color.
    Personality: I'll let most of this come out in the RP but give the general version. Like if they are psychotic make sure to put that here.
    History: What was life like growing up? How did they get into Royal Academy?
    Position: Alchemist. Not like in Fullmetal Alchemist, but like an actual one. The closest thing they had back then to a scientist.
    Pet: You can have a pet but be reasonable. No one is going to have a tiger (Unless they're royal then maybe)
    Time of Availability: Varies. Shouldn't be an issue

I'll finish later.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

im so high rite now Totally Not Booster Gold's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Totally Not Booster Gold on Tumblr

Sir John Smith (he isn’t officially knighted,he just likes to tell people that)

Appearance: Black long hair, he knots it in a ponytail. He has scars on his face, one notably goes under his eye. 5’10 and 120 pounds. Skinny and has a small appearance allowing him to go unnoticed. Much to his dismay. He wears a shirt and pants. Like how a squire would dress.

Personality: He’s an attention hog, loves all of it going to his head. Still he always doubts himself and he hates himself for it. He works hard at what he does. Little bit of a loud mouth.

History:John’s an orphan, his parents died at a very young age, so he doesn’t remember life with them. He grew up fending for himself, he had Emmy though. His best friend. Those two fight side and side and they became really close. At age 12 they both decide to run away together. On the road and broke they decide to steal from the Mayor of (insert town name). They scouted the place ahead of time, making sure everything will go smooth. Of course they weren't expecting him, the towns executioner to be there. Emmy being the lookout could only mutter a slight ah before he was beheaded. John scared drew out his sword, the executioner only stared at him, with his cold eyes before the building exploded. John wakes up in hut, He meets Lafleur. A past knight, after John pleads and pleads. They agree John can Stay here and train. A couple years later a man comes to town, he goes to the hut and observes John’s training. After he’s done. He hands him a letter. A letter for a spot at Royal Academy. Before John could get his name, he vanishes.

Position: Squire

Pet: A small mockingbird.

Time of Availability: It varies but I should be on mostly.
    Last edited by Totally Not Booster Gold; 15th August 2013 at 06:06 PM.

Vile, Venomous Villain Murkmire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question. Are Rogues/Assassins an available class? If so, I'd like to reserve a spot as well. This is very interesting.

Blog Entries

@Booster Gold; What does your character wear? Also can I have more history. Its vague.
    @Wisperius; Since that position is an actual possibility in real life its allowed so reserved for 48 hours.

im so high rite now Totally Not Booster Gold's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Totally Not Booster Gold on Tumblr

Fix'd.

Blog Entries

Name: Morgan Agrippa

Appearance: Morgan is only about 5'5" with a small build. Her skin is a bit tanned and her eyes are colored a reddish-brown (the red part due to a slight lack of pigment in her eyes). Her hair is a very dark blue, though often seen as black in darker lighting, and it's bob-cut. On most days, she will wear a green dress like this:
    . On more casual days, Morgan likes to wear a white tunic with brown pants, and usually a dark brown cloak on colder days.

Personality: Morgan is very calm, especially around animals. But she does get more nervous and self-conscious around people, mostly because she hasn't had much interaction with anyone outside of her home. When finding herself in conflict, she resorts to the 'flee like it's the apocalypse' tactic, and rarely fights back. Morgan has a thing for animals, horses especially. She loves being around horses, caring for them, and riding them. (I'll make up some more traits later as it goes on)

History: Morgan was born in a small country called Cynfos. She was the daughter of a servant who worked/lived in the royal castle. Her father was never mentioned, and she never knew who he was for most of her life. She didn't have much relations with the royals, up until she was around 7 years old. On that day, the Prince's horse was startled, and didn't calm down until she intervened. It was then that she found her talent with horses, and was given the job to work in the stables. Since that day, she had also started a slight relationship with the prince, who was three years older than her. Over the years, she had formed a crush on him, but it immediately ended 5 years later. That year, the King died, and the Queen ascended to the throne. In the King's will, he revealed that he had an affair with Morgan's mother 12 years ago, and that he had an illegitimate child who was technically royal blood. That was when she realized that her long-time crush was her half-brother, and avoided speaking to him. Although the Queen was shocked by the King's confession, she still had to teach Morgan to be a royal, giving her the basics over the course of two years. At the age of 14, Morgan was given an invitation to Royal Academy, to further her training.

Position: Princess

Pet: Lo (Icelandic Horse) male

Time of Availability: School starts for me on Monday, so when that day comes, I'll be available anytime after 3:00 PM (Colorado timezone). But for now, I'm available anytime.
    Last edited by SquishyFace; 15th August 2013 at 04:25 PM.
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Blog Entries

@Bad Apple; A horse is allowed. And on another note everything looks good except the end of the history. They are invited to Royal Academy by the staff there to further skills or realize their potential, not sent by family. So just edit that part of the history and other than that accepted.

@Booster Gold; That history is still to vague and as I said above to Bad Apple they are invited to the academy by the teachers. It can be personally or a letter they receive in the mail.

Blog Entries

Name: Mark Martin

Appearance: Mark is 5'6", with an average build. He has short, unkempt brown hair, brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin. He typically wears a long-sleeved white tunic, black vest, green pants, and brown shoes. He also has a scar on his lower right arm from a knife attack (see below).

Personality: On the shy, quiet side, especially with girls. However, he won't hesitate to help someone in need. The fact that he's quiet makes him a good listener, and he's much deeper and more insightful than many give him credit for.

History: Mark grew up on a farm in Cisgadb, where he and Alex spent much of their time keeping an eye (and ear, and nose) out for potential threats. Back then, he rarely had any thoughts of leaving the farm. That changed one day when he saw a shady-looking man running through the farm; when he went to investigate, the man immediately attacked him with a knife. Alex jumped to his master's aid, attacking the man until he kicked the beagle away. This, however, gave Mark the chance to grab his staff and KO the man with a well-placed whack to the head. It turned out that the man was a thief who had stolen an heirloom from a nearby lord, and Mark became a hero overnight. When word of this got out, TPTB at Royal Academy decided he had potential to become a knight, and invited him to train. With his family's encouragement, Mark eventually accepted.

Position: Squire

Pet: Beagle named Alex

Time of Availability: Usually mornings (Eastern Time), but I'm also on mid-afternoons or evenings sometimes.
    Last edited by DracoMan; 15th August 2013 at 06:45 AM.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

@DracoMan; Accepted. By the way whats TPTB?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast