Thread: Regarding the RP cleanup

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Regarding the RP cleanup

Quote Originally Posted by Heroic Sociopath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaze View Post
    I'm sorry if it sounds like we're being unfair but just as your entitled to your opinion you also have to try and deal with things, instead of sitting here making theories about what could or couldn't happen try to live with it for a while, if after a while you still have complains and still feel like it's wrong then you can tell us, but only after all the things you mentioned happen.
    So you guys are willingto change it.
    We're not changing it now and that is my final call. I'm sorry, but you either have to get used to it or not. It might be up for changing in the future, but now, no.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    [...] the idea that this organization is counter-intuitive is laughable.
    Okay, one: that was uncalled for. It's one thing to refute my feedback/complaints, but another to outright insult it. I may be wrong about that, but that is definitely how I'm taking it.

The divide was already implemented when I was here. People have grown used to it. Going back to single forums is absolutely nothing I can change. However, I would like to state my opinion on the matter. I've stated it, so I'll drop it. Not like my opinion matters in the first place, really. I'm but a normal user.

No matter what happens, I'll always love the RPG section. But, I guess I better walk on egg-shells; lest my statements be considered laughable.

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post
    Okay, one: that was uncalled for. It's one thing to refute my feedback/complaints, but another to outright insult it. I may be wrong about that, but that is definitely how I'm taking it.

The divide was already implemented when I was here. People have grown used to it. Going back to single forums is absolutely nothing I can change. However, I would like to state my opinion on the matter. I've stated it, so I'll drop it. Not like my opinion matters in the first place, really. I'm but a normal user.

No matter what happens, I'll always love the RPG section. But, I guess I better walk on egg-shells; lest my statements be considered laughable.
    That was in response to another user. ^^;; Not to worry, he wasn't talking about anything you said.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post

That was in response to another user. ^^;; Not to worry, he wasn't talking about anything you said.
    Well then, I sincerely apologize.

Hectic day at work, and I thought I was being insulted ^^
    @Evil Figment; My bad, dude. The RPG section is my home. I just want to be able to talk freely and help the mods by giving some feedback.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

It's alright. I understand being attached to this forum. I created Bulba's first RPG forum, a decade ago, made the first RP in it, and was its first moderator. (And, before that, my first moderator post was a mod of the RPG forum on The Pokemasters).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Yun
    Blog Entries

You've got some history here. That's actually pretty sweet.

Blog Entries

What's done is done, no going back. And I have to say, at first I was a little shocked to find a new change, but I think I can live with it. But just a thought: now isn't really the most... active time for RPing, is it? Summer tends to serve more activity, I think. So, this change makes it look less dead, and then in summer, it gets even more lively, leaving navigation in the forum somewhat Mystery Dungeon-ish (just my strange analogy). What I mean is that the thread can be anywhere in the forum. Not complaining, just a simple thought.

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

I prefer this new set-up. It's simpler for me,and most likely other's tbh, less clutter.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Seems I was wrong. New layout is working sublimely. Most rad.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

What I don't understand is why activity = the right to have subforums.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Subforums are created when you need to have more space in a section, meaning that they're are made due to demand for more activity. When there's a lot of activity it is allowed to create subforums, but only because of that, for example if there were to be a large amount of a specific type of RPs coming in then it would be right to create a subforum so that the main one doesn't get to clustered as well as to expand on that. This can be seen in other sections that have subforums to focus on things aside from the main.

We weren't getting as much activity as it was needed to, especially since the whole section was practically the subforums and the main page wasn't being used at all other than for announcements while in Non Pokemon there were only 5 or 6 RPs actually active which wasn't that different from what was going on in the start up subforum.

This is also the reason why PRPs kept their subforum, because aside from relying on a different method than normal group RPs PRPs tend to come in faster and there tends to be more.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

I see.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

I was a little confused when I first got into the Roleplay Games forum, I saw the Sign-ups of some I wanted to enter, then I saw Start-ups of the same RP and I became a little nervous. I didn't know whether or not the RP spots had been filled. I eventually got used to it... I still kinda wish the Non-Pokemon RP and the Pokemon RP was separate. I know you have already been over the topic in the other posts.

I do like setup though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123