Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Regarding the RP cleanup

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Regarding the RP cleanup

Dear Users,

I made an announcement a week ago, stating that there would be changes to the RP Section. Now those changes are taking effect. I'll be explaining what has been done.

– The Subforums “Start Up Threads” and “Non Pokemon Rps” will no longer exist. They will be deleted shortly.

– The “Sign Up Threads” Subforums will be named the new “RP Archive” Subforum. We still have the old one for finished Rps.

– All active Sign-up threads and Start Up threads are in the main part of the RP forum now. This includes Non-Pokemon Rps.

– The Metronome forum will be where RP Discussions will go now as well as its previous use to discuss new Rp ideas and such.

– Private Rps will remain as they are.

–Any Rps/Sign Up threads/discussions that hadn't had posts in them since February 23rd and on, got archived.

If you have any questions, contact me or any of the RPG staff.

Octy
    Samwin likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Regarding the RP cleanup

Hey! Where am i going to countinue my RP?

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SquadalaGuy View Post
    Hey! Where am i going to countinue my RP?
    In the normal RPs section. If it's a private Rp, it will stay in the Private RP Subforum. :)

Yun
    Blog Entries

Well, I think I speak for myself and all GMs when I say: "Label yo s*** right, man."

In all seriousness, though; I think I'll have to now get into the habit of linking my Sign-Ups to my Start-Ups and labeling the titles. Otherwise, we'll be caught up in the confusion.

Oh, and also; maybe asking the staff this? Sticky the general chat thread? So as to keep everything a bit organized on the shelves for winter cleaning?

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Yun View Post
    Well, I think I speak for myself and all GMs when I say: "Label yo s*** right, man."

In all seriousness, though; I think I'll have to now get into the habit of linking my Sign-Ups to my Start-Ups and labeling the titles. Otherwise, we'll be caught up in the confusion.

Oh, and also; maybe asking the staff this? Sticky the general chat thread? So as to keep everything a bit organized on the shelves for winter cleaning?
    Sure. We plan on making thread tags for Sign-Ups and Start-up threads. You're also able to just start the RP in the same thread if you so choose. :)

and I'll get to it.

Yun
    Blog Entries

@Octy;

Alright then, that's a relief to hear XD Although, I may not be the one to actually start their Sta.U's in the Si.U's. Cleanliness is righteousness, I suppose haha.

Thanks for the heads up, Octy.

Blog Entries

Gotta say, I'm not loving the change. What's with it? The old layout was good. Everything was organized, and most active threads were on the first page of their categories. It was damn convenient.

But now, if I want to, say, sign up for an RP, I'm gonna have to slog through a bunch of start ups and stuff. And then there's a chance that I'll miss an RP that I would have joined. And if I want to find a thread, it's gonna be a lot harder. The new layout is all cluttered is what I'm saying.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

I kind of agree with Heroic Sociopath...It really seems far less organized and convenient here. Feels more like a downgrade than an upgrade.

Ask Pony Discord

Yun
    Blog Entries

They said something about adding a bunch of tags to the head.

Even then, old was most definitely the best. Hopefully we'll find a way to make due. However, I do think that the structuring and creation of Advertisement threads for RPs should be kept in mind. I'll ask the staff about it. We might need it, due to people having all of their crap cluttered.

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

We decided to move the subforums to the main section so that more people would be able to see the announcements that came up on the board, we also wanted to unify the section a bit more as it felt a bit divided between those that hung out in normal RPs and those that hung out in non Pokemon more.

Anyways we are still working on things so I'd suggest to be patient before assuming anything.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

The old design was an unmanageable piece of shit that made the forum look even more dead than it really was. The simple truth is, you don't have enough activity going on in here to justify the bevy of subforums we had all in the name of "organization".

If we want to get RPG back up and running (instead of the undead forum it was), we cannot afford to have it look dead. Or, for that matter, to use categorization that will almost certainly confuse newbies.

(It's but one of a few things that will need to change to get RPGs to be a valid forum again.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Also, we plan on adding tags to threads for Sign Ups and Start-ups. That should help a bit as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    The old design was an unmanageable piece of shit that made the forum look even more dead than it really was. The simple truth is, you don't have enough activity going on in here to justify the bevy of subforums we had all in the name of "organization".

If we want to get RPG back up and running (instead of the undead forum it was), we cannot afford to have it look dead. Or, for that matter, to use categorization that will almost certainly confuse newbies.

(It's but one of a few things that will need to change to get RPGs to be a valid forum again.)
    We just have lulls sometimes. It's usually more busy, it's just that we slow down sometimes. Especially around the holidays. People are busy playing their new video games from Christmas. We've been picking back up lately, too.

And how was the organization confusing? Non-Pokemon RPs don't have Pokemon, Pokemon RPs do, and Sign-Ups are where you sign up. It's pretty self-explanatory. We've been plenty busy with the old layout before, just not in the past couple weeks. On the other hand, if I saw an RP forum with the layout we have now, all cluttered and whatnot, I wouldn't even bother signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Also, we plan on adding tags to threads for Sign Ups and Start-ups. That should help a bit as well.
    That would help, but RP threads move much faster than sign-ups. It's gonna be a hyuge pain in the butt to slog through start-ups to find sign-ups. Now, granted, merging start-ups and sign ups might help a bit, but it creates it's own problems: It's not gonna be easy referring back to your character's sign-up, and your thread would get very cluttered.
    Italy-kun likes this.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

On the forum index you can sort threads by prefixes (its the dropdown box which says "Prefix:"). That way you do not need to wade through forum pages.

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

If you go with the option of having it all in the same thread then you wouldn't have to go too far to look at your sign up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast