Raven Claw Academy Year I Start Up - Page 56

Page 56 of 443 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Raven Claw Academy Year I Start Up

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Raven Claw Academy Year I Start Up

Calvin and Camille walked in, surveying the room with mild annoyance, though most of the anger they had felt before had slowly dissipated. They sat down ear the middle of the room, not bothering to address the teacher at all.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Blog Entries

"Okay," Mrs. Cinder said, standing behind the counter. "In case I didn't get the chance to talk to some of you, I'm Mrs. Cinder. I teach breeding class here at Ravenclaw, and I'm also fairly new to this school. As our beginning unit, each table will get one egg that they will be raising from birth to it's hatching stage. My team will be taking care of them while you guys are outside of class. Before we get carried away, let me introduce my team," Mrs. Cinder gestured to the counter which held six pokeballs.

"This," Mrs. Cinder explained, "is my Ditto, Mimi." Mrs. Cinder tossed the ball to the ground and a gelatinous blob appeared. "Even though she is technically genderless, we treat her like a girl, mainly because of the way she acts."

"This little girl is Ash," Mrs. Cinder released another pokeball. "She's a Zorua, who suffered from abandonment, so please don't ignore her, as she takes this very seriously.

"Here we have Bartelby the Infernape," Mrs. Cinder spoke as she grabbed a heal ball and tossed it to the ground. "He was my first pokemon, and the only starter I received from Professor Rowan."

"This is Sisco," Mrs. Cinder pointed out as a pink pokemon came out from a pokeball. "He's a Chansey and will be taking care of your pokemon eggs while you guys are outside of this class."

"Second to last, this is Congo the Samurott," Mrs. Cinder released yet another pokemon. "He was my second pokemon that I ever caught, after I flew to Unova."

Lastly, Mrs. Cinder threw out an ultra ball. "And finally, this is Vinny. He's a Chikorita who I just received from another professor. He's my most social pokemon and will try to play with you a lot."

"So that's my team, and they will all be helping you guys out with your semester assignments. Uh, a little about me, I grew up in Sinnoh, which is where I received Bartleby, and then I flew to Unova when I was about twelve. I stayed their for awhile, which is where I caught Congo and Mimi. When I was supposed to head back to Sinnoh to Professor Rowan, I uh," Mrs. Cinder blushed and chuckled at the same time, " I kinda snuck away. I instead flew to Hoenn, which is where I caught Ash and Sisco. I met this one guy, Mr. Cinder, when I was in Fortree of Hoenn. We fell in love and got married a while later. For a job, my husband and I were breeding pokemon for professors all around the world. Anyway, I went back to Sinnoh for family matters, and I received Vinny here. I then decided to join the staff of Ravenclaw," Mrs. Cinder told the class.

"Okay, back on track," Mrs Cinder told herself. "For now, we'll just have you guys answer some questions for me to see your knowledge on this subject so far." Mrs. Cinder turned around and wrote on the board behind her. She read aloud as she wrote. "What are egg moves, How does a nature affect a pokemon's growth, and how does an Everstone help us in breeding?" Mrs. Cinder turned back to the class. "Okay, raise your hand if you know the answer to the first question.

It wasn't much! Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

"Well an Egg Move is pretty simple," Adam pointed out after raising his hand. "It's a move that a baby Pokemon inherits from one of its parents, the parent it inherits it from is usually the one that isn't of the same species as itself," he explained with his index finger raised. "Pokemon species are divided into egg groups for this very reason there are some Pokemon that can only breed with a certain group however no matter which Pokemon reproduces with whom of their same group the child will always have egg moves from the parent that doesn't share its species, as for the Everstone if it is used in one of the parent Pokemon then the baby will have a high chance of sharing the same nature so it would be recommendable to use it on a Pokemon that has a good nature."

Blog Entries

Piper had already taken a seat next to Maria and nodded at the teacher politely before giving a wave back to Maria. Once the class started Piper watched each of the Pokemon for a moment, she wondered if her own Ditto would enjoy the Ditto up in front. But that wasn't her main question, she wondered if after raising these Pokemon as eggs if it meant they could eventually keep one, afterall she could find the sixth Pokemon that could also be her powerhouse and raising one from an egg is a fine start, her Umbreon had gotten stronger after years of battling even when Piper could not battle with him, but he got to battle with her parents anyways.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Blog Entries

"Spot on, Adam," Mrs. Cinder smiled. "It seems like you guys know more about this sort of stuff than I thought you would. Here's a little tougher question that only a few of you will know the answer to, and if you do, then I'll be super surprised. Do you guys know about IV's?" she asked the classroom.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace
    Visit Kamen_Fanatic's Youtube Channel

((The Chansey line is a female-only line.))

"You left early, man. I even thought of chasing you down." Alma muttered as Adam talked about Egg Moves, then raised her hand. "IV, or Individual Value, are the outcome of any Pokemon's individual stats, combined with effort values and experience on the field. Great trainers obsess over this stuff once breeding comes into play. It could make or break a sweeper or a wall, so trainers have to be really careful with their training, otherwise the would get beaten time and time again." Alma spoke out.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

"Exactly," Adam nodded his head. "When it comes to IVs it mostly depends on how the trainer does his job rather than the Pokemon it's the pinnacle of breeding in a way."

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Ricky felt a bit dumb. He was a bit tempted to ask Alma why he was tempted to chase him down, but a small part of him didn't want to know the answer. He instead apologized. "Im sorry about that then." He told Alma quietly. "I didn't realize it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

"Goodness, guys! I thought you were first years!" Mrs. Cinder giggled. "Okay, it seems that you guys know your egg facts, so let's get started. Tables will be uh," she studdered as she grabbed her attendance sheet. "All right, why don't you guys stay where you're sitting and we'll put some other kids in with you. Maria, Piper, and Matthew, could you guys let Jay sit with you when he gets here? And Ricky, Alma, and Adam, could you let Emile sit with you when he gets here? As for you three," she pointed to Tyson, Calvin, Camille. "Why don't you all sit together, at the table right next to Adam, Ricky, and Alma's?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyson stood up and walked over to the table. He wasn't sure how he felt being the only table with three students, it would make his work a lot more of an impact, which could be bad for his group.

OOC: Didn't realize that, I'll change Sisco to a girl. Also, if I missed a student, please forgive me, it's early this morning and I'm still a little bit tired. If I am, we'll just add them onto the Tyson, Calvin, and Camille's table.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

"Well breeding is....I guess you could say it's my favorite subject," Adam muttered the last part with a slight frown. "Most of my team was raised from eggs and I had to help my brother raise his Pokemon," he pointed out before looking at Ricky and Alma. "Well gets our team is back."

"Awesome we're together again!" Maria exclaimed as she put one arm around Matthew and the other around Piper.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace

"'Sup, man?" Alma said, pulling in Adam for a friendly noogie. Her excuse to know what IV is is because her parents wanted to know how to breed Pokemon correctly.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

"Hey," Adam replied. "Guess this time the job's going to be a little harder if we have to take care of an egg."

"Teach just one question?" Maria raised her hand. "Wouldn't it be better if we took care of the egg out of class as well."

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

"Ten bucks says our egg is going to be a Mankey." Ricky commented dryly. "And it's going to hatch wanting to steal my skateboard."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

"I'll say that it would be karma if that happens and raise you fifty. Matter of fact, that's what I'm naming the little guy if it's a Mankey." Alma said, clearly remembering the incident with the Primeape back in their entrance exam.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

"How much you wanna bet that you'll actually get along with it," Adam pointed out as he turned to look at Ricky and Alma.