Start Ups Ranger School

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger School

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Ranger School

@Octy; @Flaze; @Naoto: @Lyrebird; @Kamen_Fanatic; @Harpy; @pokefan48; @Autumnbreeze;

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

The sun was shining and it was a warm, gorgeous day at Hoenn's ranger school. Some of the upperclassmen had already arrived and in fact many of them had already been given various assignments and tasks all over the world so the islands were mostly quiet.

The permanent professors, along with some of the guest rangers who would be giving lectures and lessons from time to time, were assembled in a large open air meeting hall where the first years would soon be arriving. The head ranger in charge of the academy, a large muscular man by the name of Larmond, looked out at the empty chairs in front of him.

"Even after all these years, you're still excited about this." A voice brought Larmond back to the present. It was one of the guests, a young handsome blond haired ranger who was one of Hoenn's best. The young man was a graduate of the academy, at the top of his class a few years back.

"Will your younger brother be as much trouble as you were Ranger Walker." Larmond looked mirthful, a taunting but gentle smile on his face, a look which caused Jackie Walker to grin as well.

"Of course he will be." Jackie shot back. "He's a Walker after all." It was somewhat of a lie. While Jackie's family was known for being mavericks who didn't always follow regulations, they were also known as a clan as some of the finest rangers the world had seen in recent memory. Jackie's grandfather, father and uncles had all served with distinction and he was well on his way to doing so.

"We certainly expect much from him..." Larmond trailed off, once again losing himself in his thoughts about the latest crop of ranger trainees, once again some of the finest youths from across the regions.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

OOC: So this is where you all come in :)

Post your arrivals at the academy (and by extension the meeting hall). Be creative, arrive however you want. I'll post my student signup in the signup thread shortly, which will be kept open as an OOC chat thread. Signups are still open as well, at least for a few more days before anything really happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

The small giant Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ranger School

Blake Anders arraived at the island where the Ranger School stood by boat, having gotten a lift from a fisherman that was very kind to help him. The young man stared out at the school and smiled while petting the Furret that was resting on his lap. "There's the ranger school that I'll be attending from now on," he smiled and stood up while grabbing a hold of his backpack, his blond hair waving around as he got off the boat. "Thanks for the lift old man," he turned back to the fisherman as he threw a coin from where he stood; making the old man fidget around so that it wouldn't fall on the water as Blak chuckled and started to walk. "Guess that was a little too mean of me wasn't it," he said to the Furret who nodded while frowning at it's owner.

"But anyways, we'll try and get out of this school as soon as possible," Blake nodded his head as he walked into the school, he looking at the surroundings with interest. He was amazed by the school in itself and what he would find; but at the same time he was keeping his eyes on his goal, which was to one day graduate as a full fledged Ranger and find the people that had attacked his family's ranch.

While Will and Larmond were talking a man in his twenties walked into the room. He had long brown hair that went down to his neck, with it being short on the front so it barely got past his forehead. He had clear blue eyes and white skin with his face making him look younger than he was. He was wearing a crimson jacket with long sleeves that he had zipped up along with a pair of black jeans. The man waved at Larmond as he made his way towards him. "I'm glad to see I'm not late for my first day, sorry for that though sir," the man known as Alex apologized before he looked at Jackie.

"You must be one of the guest Rangers huh?' he smiled at him before stretching his hand out. "I'm Alex and I'll be a teacher here starting today."
    Last edited by Flaze; 15th September 2013 at 05:45 PM.

"Can I say I'm back?" Autumnbreeze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

The road to the school was a bumpy one. As her older brother Mason drove her along, Opal could feel every bump and ditch in the road. Her bags and research books were neatly packed in the seat besides her and bounced up and down along with the road. When the time finally came for her to arrive, she gracefully got out of the car and attempted to lift her bags with her, but to her dismay they were too heavy.

"You need help with that, sis?" Mason asked her with a slight laugh. Opal quietly nodded in the man's direction. He slammed the car door shut and picked up a large black sack. The two of them silently walked towards the large building leaving the small car locked behind them.

"So it was President White after all!"
    -tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries

A black limousine drove down the country roads. In side of this limousine, sat a slightly annoyed Will Vermillion. He sat in the furthest seat, a slightly scowl lining his eyes, as he sat with his legs crossed and arms crossed.

When I told my assistant I needed a ride... Will thought to himself in a rather exasperated fashion. I didn't mean send for a car so impractical, flamboyant, and gallant. I don't need every future Pokemon Ranger thinking I'm some spoiled rich aristocrat who likes to play Ranger in his idle time.

Will bitterly bit his lip, as the limousine stopped at the front gate.

Will got out, not wanting to wait for the driver to open the door for him. And much to the driver's protest, Will carried the small amount of luggage himself.

"It's okay Arthur, I can handle it myself, I have no need to be coddled in such a manner." Will assured. He then carried his things, and left his luggage with the other students. He then released a Gengar from it's Poke'ball.

"Come Sebastian." Will requested.

They both then entered the meeting hall, ignoring the constant buzz of whispering students who had saw him embark from a limo.

Blog Entries

Opal watched a blonde teen walk from a very expensive looking limo with his Gengar. As much as she hated to admit it, he was kind of cute. She continued to walk next to her brother as she watched the male, curious of his actions. He appeared mature and intelligent, that was something she could appreciate.

She found a small pile of luggage from the other students, and decided to place her items along with them hoping it was correct. The only thing she kept with herself was a grey messenger back with her Pokemon, Pokedex, phone, and research for Professor Birch. Her brother Mason looked down at her.

"I guess it's time to say bye..." Opal said to him. Mason crouched down in front of his sister and gave her a warm goodbye hug before leaving her with a small 'good luck'. Opal waved to him as his car disappeared in the distance. It was only herself and her Pokemon now. She continued to walk into the building to find out that it was the meeting hall and spotted the blonde from earlier, deciding to say hi to him. The loud background noise of gossiping students filled the air, but she decided to ignore it.

"Um, hello there. What's your name? I'm Opal Corbin." She quietly greeted.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

As Blake entered the meeting hall he noticed the other students that had already gathered there. He looked around curiously as he Furret climbed back onto his shoulder and began to star at its surrounding. "Hmmmm...it's a really interesting place actually," he pointed out as he sat down next to Will.

Blog Entries

"Hello." Will replied, almost cooly, but with a friendly smile.

"My name is Will Vermillion, and it's a pleasure to meet you." Will then sighed, and glared at his onlookers. "I swear, their almost more troublesome then onlookers at a car crash."

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

"Nah, a car crash has a better personality," Blake argued, unable to interrupt Will's comment as he sat next to him. He just petted his Furret while looking away and grinning. "Oh sorry, that was rude of me....sir?" he said sarcastically.

Blog Entries

"A pleasure to meet you as well." Opal greeted, and looked over to a group of students whispering and pointing at Will. "Ah, yeah I would think so too..." Her attention was directed over to another male who broke into their conversation. She looked closer at the sarcastic male, and the first thing she noticed was an adorable Furret clutched on his shoulder.

"Oh! That Furret!" She exclaimed, trying to quickly pull out a notebook from her bag. "I've never seen one before! It looks very long, about five feet even...!" She finally retrieved the small blue notebook and started to scribble small details onto the blank pages. "I hope you don't mind me, I just need to do some research on normal types from the Johto region for Professor Birch and I've just been looking for one of these..." She said, her persona suddenly becoming serious. Opal continued to sternly stare at the Furret.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Blake looked at the girl in confusion for a moment before noticing that she wa drawing her Furret. He grinned edited continuing to pet the Pokemon. "Yep I think that's about right," he nodded his was sagely. "I've been raising this little girl since she was a Sentret, she was hurt in the forest so I had to nurse her back." He explained, noticing that Furret was now staring at Opal with curiosity.

Blog Entries

"Ah, I see..." She said, tapping her chin with her pencil. After writing some last notes on the color of her fur, Opal reached back into her back and pulled out her Pokedex. The small screen of the red electronic device revealed that her guess of the Furret's height was somewhat correct. as Furrets were 5'11". "Interesting! It says this Furret here is extremely nimble and quick..."

Embarrassed, she stopped and quickly put her Pokedex back in her bag. "Oh, uh, sorry... I should have asked first."

Blog Entries

Will simply gave Blake a cool look, and brushed off his comment. "I suppose it doesn't matter." He thought aloud.

Will then appraised Blake's Furret. "One could say, that as a Pokemon Ranger, it always helps to have at least one nimble and fast Pokemon available as a partner. That's the main reason I use my Gengar, Sebastian for most of my missions." Will thought aloud.

Blog Entries

"Oh, you use your Gengar for missions mostly?" Opal asked. "I actually use my Gardevoir, Princess. My team is quite slow so I use Princess' Trick Room to make myself and my team fast." She explained, putting her Pokedex and notebook away. She took out Princess' pokeball and released the psychic type Pokemon. "She also knows Hypnosis... Which is, uh... quite helpful."

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Jack shook Alex's hand with a smile. "Jack Walker. I'm going to be here on occasion as a guest... I'm only here today because my brother..." Jack trailed off when he noticed a Charizard off in the distance above the school. "I really hope he's not planning..."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________

High up in the sky, a larger than normal Charizard carried a young man who was standing on the massive fire dragon. The teenager was shirtless, his chiseled muscles rippling from the effort it took to hang onto the massive beast, and dripping wet, holding a surfboard in his hand. His long hair was drenched but still flowed just down to his shoulders. He had a black pair of wings tattooed on his back and inside of the wings was an artistic styling of intertwined elemental symbols of fire, water and electricity. He looked at the Charizard and slung the surfboard into a large case that was strapped to its back. "If you would, go land near the dorms." Jonny Walker said before diving off of the Charizard. Once he reached terminal velocity, he opened another Pokéball, revealing a Braviary. "Patton." The war eagle flew beside his trainer's descent until both human and bird were fifty feet above the ground. It was at this point that Jonny nodded to the eagle, who grabbed his trainer's arm with a large talon, slowing his descent and allowing Jonny to let go ten feet above the stage where his brother stood. He gracefully landed directly in front of Jackie, Braviary taking a place on his trainer's bare shoulder. "Brother, you seriously need to get a surf in before you leave. The waves on the north side of this island..." Jonny started to speak.

"Jonathan..." Jack shook his head, trying his best to look annoyed at his younger brother's entrance but instead he just looked amused. "Go join your peers before you get a demerit on your first day." He admonished gently.

"Fine fine." Jonny mumbled under his breath, hopping off of the stage shaking his hair to try and dry it off. He didn't notice the small patch of blood on his right shoulder from Patton's talons as he walked over to a small contigent of students as his brother had instructed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

"That would be my brother." Jack said with an annoyed grimace to the assembled teachers.

"Exactly like you were at that age." Larmond said sagely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

"Arcanine!" A loud beast roared as it dashed towards the front gate. A young woman was riding on the fire beast's back, gripping onto his mane as to not fall off.

"I can't believe I overslept!" the girl said to herself angrily as she saw the gate on the horizon, "I hate it when my alarm cock fails to go off..." while she would love to put blame on a faulty alarm clock, she also had herself to blame for staying up so late the night before. Once the Arcanine made it to the gate, it stopped and lowered itself so the girl could get down. She turned to her Pokemon and smiled. "Thank you, Kiba. Now, shall we do this?"

"Ar!" Kiba roared in agreement. The girl motioned for Kiba to follow as the duo made their way into the meeting hall.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast