Quista: The Guardians Cry

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quista: The Guardians Cry

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Quista: The Guardians Cry

Storyline:

It was the Guardian’s ultimate parting gift. It was humanity that made it a curse…

As humanity celebrated the year 2014 with the induction of new technology and scientific research, the last and only Lugia had grown old and sick, realizing he was not immortal as he once thought he was. After spending his final years searching for hopes of a lost Lugia he could possibly find as a mate, his search had been fruitless, only wearing him down even further. With his options running short, he prepared to let go of all his fears when it came to humanity. Otherwise, the entire world would be in danger…

Waiting for the right moment, he waited until midnight before heading to Olivine City’s shores…

Five friends had been having a late night beach party, about a mile away from Olivine itself. Having waited all week for the occasion, little did they know their presence on that beach at that moment would change their lives forever. Amidst the music, late night partying, and conversations, it wasn’t long until one of them spotted something large washing up upon the shore. Eventually, they all saw it, and approached it, wondering what it was.

When they realized it was a Lugia, they were bewildered like never before. Upon coming closer to the fallen Pokémon, they realized the Lugia was terribly old and sick, using the last of his energy to just drift to shore. Two of the trainers went back to their bags to fetch healing supplies, while the other three stayed by the Lugia’s side, trying to comfort him. When the other two came back, the healing supplies were only enough to keep the Lugia alive for a few more minutes. But in that time, everything would change. Realizing he truly had no one left to turn to, he truly felt these five Pokémon trainers that had tried to save his life would be the most trustworthy humans he could rely on.

Wasting no time, he told the trainers how important the role of the Guardian was while they stood there in awe, never thinking there was a Pokémon that could directly communicate with humans. The Lugia made it clear that his death would cause a great disturbance, still leaving them in question as to what was going to be done. It was then that the Lugia had sung the Guardian’s Mantra, something almost no human has ever heard before. The trainers listened intently to a song that sounded both mournful but hopeful, and soon, out of nowhere, they felt themselves enveloped by a great, blinding light. For a split second, they saw themselves as a Lugia, a brief vision that only lasted a moment before everything died down again, and they found themselves standing on the beach again. Once they came to their senses, they found the Lugia had died before them. After agreeing not to tell anyone about what happened that night and to keep it a secret, they pushed the dead Lugia’s body into the water, packed up their things, and went home.

---

Little did they know, just out of their sight, a Johto Coast Guard vessel had spotted the trainers, and was about to reprimand them for being on the beach at midnight when his surveillance equipment had captured them conversing with the Lugia. His equipment was unable to get audio recordings, but he was able to get pictures of all five trainers before they pushed the Lugia’s body back into the sea, packed up their things, and headed home.

After transferring the files and footage to an FBI server, the Johto Federal Bureau of Investigation “activated” all five trainers, a process of underground surveillance and tracking that would last for two months before closing, unless enough evidence was collected to merit additional investigation time. Thinking the trainers might have been responsible for the Lugia’s death, they analyzed the body of the Lugia, and kept watch on the trainers. For two weeks, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

After secretly obtaining several DNA samples from the Quista from fallen hairs, chewing gum, and other samples, they analyzed the DNA and got the same results every time. What they found completely baffled them as they discovered the DNA far more closely resembled that of a Lugia than a human.

---

It wasn’t until one of the five had managed to figure out how to become a Lugia by concentrating on the likeness of Lugia that things really began to change. While trying to recall the event, they realized each of them had the power to become Lugia in his own likeness, armed with the power of the Guardian of the Seas. However, after the five of them got together and realized this, they knew one among them would need to take Lugia’s place, giving up their lives as a human to live on as a Lugia instead. Unfortunately, they had a very difficult time deciding who would be the one. In the meantime, the weather and rainstorms were only getting worse, and it was all the evidence they needed to realize they were running out of time.

However, never knowing they were flagged and were being watched by the FBI, Johto’s agents saw the Lugia transformation in action, and made their capture a priority one objective. They named the trainers as “Quista, children of Lugia” and made it their mission to find them and see if the Quista initiation process could be replicated once again.

Now, trying to avoid capture, the five must find a way to fend off the police and the FBI, having been placed under a Most Wanted list as the media frames them for crimes they never committed. The manhunt has begun, and its anyone’s guess as to how it will end…

The Quista:

The Pursuers:

Rules:
    Brake any two, and you’re out.

Da Formz:

You can have multiple characters, but only one of them can be a Quista at max. No more than three characters in total, please.

QUISTA

Joseph Antonimous - Played by Anonymous
    Amber Rota - Played by TeamGalacticMercury
    Jordan Summers - Played by Amberjack
    Rumimi Gauche – Played by shards_of_stars
    Lana Alnar - Played by Snowfire

QUISTA CIVILIAN SUPPORT

Marc Benson - Played by Willow's Tara
    Zoey Benson - Played by Willow's Tara
    Greg Erge - Played by jragonair

PURSUERS

Alexander Devlin - Played by Anonymous

With that said, hope you enjoy the RP.

(Note: I take absolutley no credit for the plot. It was made by the almight Noe Pikachu!)
    Last edited by British Joe; 16th May 2010 at 01:25 PM.
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

Default Re: Quista: The Guardians Cry

This looks pretty sweet. If I told you I could probably get an app in my Monday, can I have a reservation?

Blog Entries

Erm... I can only reserve you for 24 hours.

Well, I guess I'll just have to hope for the best then.

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

I need to reserve a Quista. I need to get ready for a party and all I need to do now is write the history. (YES!!!! I wanted to join this but I never got the chance!!!)

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

I believe that you already tried to re-attempt this RP, but the original creator did not agree. Does he agree now or...? If yes, please reserve a spot for me. I'll try to get my app up tommorow, but I'm not too sure.
    Everything is possible in the game of life.

Blog Entries

Yes, he agreed. You're both reserved for 24 hours.

My Characters:

Name: Joseph Antonimous

Side: Quista

Tattoo: Joe’s Lugia tattoo is about the size of a fist. The Lugia itself is curled up into a ball (Signifying Joe‘s timidness and vulnerability) and positioned between his shoulder blades. Instead of silver, the Lugia’s skin is black, and instead of blue, it is purple.

Appearance: Joe has, messy hair and bright, turquoise eyes. His eyes unusual colour often makes people uncomfortable if they loom into them for too long. He has slightly longer and sharper canine teeth than average. He also has a thin, four-inch long scar on the left side of his face because he and his twin brother, Josh, were born Siamese.

He usually wears black, sometimes “mixing-it-up” with blue’s, green’s and pink’s. He’s never seen without a pair of fingerless gloves (style may vary). He also has a silver chain around his neck with a small, glass vile on it which is said to contain the water from the lake of a Lugia. He wears it for good luck.

Personality: He’s very sarcastic and stubborn. He loves music, and as such, always have a large shell flute on his possession. He gets scared easily, and often feels very vulnerable, being the youngest Quista.

History: Joe was born, as well as his twin brother, Josh, in Snowpoint City, Sinnoh. They had a normal and happy childhood, often visiting the Snowpoint Gym (where their mother was the Gym Leader) up until they were six, when their mother died from breast cancer, leaving Candice to take over the Gym.

They never knew their father, as their mother went to a sperm bank and never married, so they moved to Pallet Town in Kanto to live with their Aunt Delia. There, at age ten, they began their journey. They travelled the four regions, competing in contests and various tag-events, and began their separate journeys a year later.

Pokemon: Charizard, Pachirisu, Espeon, Ambipom, Gyrados, Mighteana.

Other: Has mind ADHD.

--

Name: Alexander Devlin

Side: Third-party (Pursuer)

Description: Alexander looks young and short for his age, only standing at about 5’6”. His body is of slim, but lean build, fit but not overly so. His small size and lean build are not to be underestimated though, for the teen is incredibly agile and fast, almost inhumanly so. Possessing thick, neatly combed, dark hair that falls down to almost the base of his neck, Alex’s skin is quite pale, no doubt the result of staying indoors for most of his life, not really being the kind of kid who would go out and play with others in the sun.

Generally, the teen tends to wear rather understated, unremarkable, casual clothing, usually consisting of a simple long sleeved shirt worn underneath a short sleeved one and comfortable fitting cargo pants. His undershirt is usually black in color, while his top one is white, going for a simple contrast. The cargo pants range from black, to dark khaki, to very light tan. In colder weather, Alexander can be seen wearing a knee length coat, dark violet in color, with a hood to pull over his head when it rains or is otherwise foul in the weather department. Though simple in design, his clothes are carefully fitted to allow for greatest ease of movement and are very adaptable to any situation, also allowing for several kinds of weapon or item to be stashed away for future use.

Personality: Alexander was never what you would call normal. He was never quite what you would call stable, either. But then, this was quite understandable considering he was one of many children that was born with a latent psychic ability, much like Sabrina of Saffron City. As such, he always acts like an outsider, outcast and removed from the rest of society, though the way he does so differs. Sometimes it is out of arrogance, feeling superior to everyone else, other times it is just plain frustration that no one can possibly hope to comprehend the way he sees the world.

Outwardly, the teen is generally helpful and kind to those he comes across, ready to smile, offer a helping hand or a kind word to those that need it. It is a very convincing act that fools most people, aided in part by Alex’s clairvoyance, which allows him to partially determine what it is someone wants to see and hear from him.

Inwardly, Alex is twisted, cold and mildly psychotic. He has a skewed way of looking at things, finding ways to make even the most horrible and barbaric of crimes seem not only reasonable, but as acts of goodness and benevolence. He is selfish and devoid of any real compassion, thinking only of himself. In his dark nature, the young teen often treats humans and pokemon alike with something akin to contempt, seeing them as beneath him, placing himself on an even higher level than they, regardless of the truth of the matter. He also has a lust for violence and bloodshed, regarding such things as ‘the truest form of beauty’.

History: Alexander had a relatively privileged childhood considering the kind of prejudices he would have faced as a psychic, his parents still loving him for what he was and caring for him as warmly as they could, trying to get him to come to terms with the rest of his peers, to fit in. Even with a little sister, he still got the greater share of the attention and the small community he lived in was also bent on welcoming him as much as possible.

Unfortunately, such a kind and nurturing atmosphere did absolutely nothing to help the boy. Instead it just helped to confirm to him how stupid and single-minded normal people were, assaulted by their simple thoughts and small dreams. Growing more and more introverted, Alex spent most of his time shut away in his room, reading and honing his psychic abilities, barely talking with anyone, even his parents. If anyone did try to get him to open up, they would often find themselves on the receiving end of humiliating exposures of their personal secrets at best, and a painful mental attack at worst.

One day though, on his tenth birthday, Alexander was finally coaxed out when his parents bought him a very special gift, his first Pokemon. It was a relatively young Nidoran, of the male gender, which despite its tough and wild nature, seemed to take a liking to the boy almost immediately. It was probably the only time Alex had ever thanked his parents, before running off with the Nidoran, presumably to play with and train it.

At first his parents and the whole town seemed pleased, happy that the troubled, brooding child had finally found something to connect with, to be a proper kid with. Then they began noticing some disturbing things. First of which was that the Nidoran had evolved all the way into a Nidoking by the end of the week…yet there were hardly any wild Pokemon or indeed Pokemon trainers in the area with which Alex could have fought against. The Nidoking himself, once having happily run up to his trainer whenever he called, now essentially cowered and whined any time the boy came near him. Also, the Pokemon didn’t seem to get Alex out of the house after all, for once it had evolved to its final point the boy returned inside, back to his books and notes, reading rather voraciously. Jars of the Pokemon’s poison were collected. Then the Nidoking vanished one day, and Alexander approached his parents, demanding another, different Pokemon.

Seeing the dark look in his eyes and feeling the ominous aura radiating from the young psychic, his parents decided not to question him, deluding themselves into thinking their son had finally found a constructive activity, even thinking they might see him go on to be a brilliant Pokemon trainer. After all, he had managed to not only evolve one past two stages in less than a week, but he had also controlled it and made it obey. So they happily provided him with whatever he asked for, and the same pattern kept repeating itself. Happy, trusting creatures soon became stronger, yet deathly afraid of him before suddenly disappearing once again. At the same time, families and friends seemed to suddenly leave the village without warning, leaving only a note behind in their vacated house.
    It was on his thirteenth birthday that the fateful night happened. Alexander’s mother, growing more and more concerned for the boy, overcame her fears of her son and went to confront him about what it was he was truly doing with the Pokemon they were providing for him. Pretending to listen to her concerns and worries and love for him, Alexander simply nodded when she finished speaking, smiling widely.

“If you’re so worried, Mother, then why don’t you help me with my latest one?”

As she was directed into the room that her son spent all of his time with his Pokemon in, she caught the overwhelming stench of blood and chemicals. Her eyes widened and she almost cried out at the sight in front of her before there was a sudden sharp blow to the back of her neck and everything went black.

Some time later, not having seen his wife for a while, Alex’s father went to confront the boy as well, deciding he wasn’t putting up with anymore of his nonsense, psychic or not. After tearing through most of the house, looking for him, he came upon the same room, slamming open the door.

What greeted him was a scene of sheer, unadulterated evil. The floor was stained with blood, gouged out from scrabbling claws and the stench of burnt flesh, sweat and utter misery assaulted his nostrils. Hanging from the ceiling, on silver hooks, like some grotesque Christmas decoration, were severed limbs, organs, strips of skin and hide and bone, both of Pokemon and human origin. His eyes widened as he beheld the multiple cages lining the walls of the horrific laboratory, each one containing a hideous, grotesque mutation of a creature, barely recognizable as either the Pokemon or the human it once was, crying out in anguish.

“Yes Father…I’ve been busy with all of the little pets you’ve been so generously giving me…experimenting, reconfiguring, applying my power. One can only do so much with a Pokemon though...most are too simple and weak to work with. It’s so much easier when you start with a human…” came the cold voice of his son, the smirk evident even in his tone.

His father could only watch in horror as he brought out his latest victim. He had been given a Ralts as his latest present. Now it seemed it had evolved all the way into a Gardevoir. But the man knew the horrifying truth now, from his son’s words, from the scene of carnage around him. All he could do was stand there, eyes wide, on the verge of throwing up.

“I think I finally did it this time. A fully evolved, enhanced Pokemon with human intelligence and knowledge. Also completely obedient too. Responds to my every thought…but I guess I have a slight advantage in that field, no?” laughed the boy, tapping his head slightly. “Finally stable…not running off to go kill itself or go rabid like the rest of these reject stock,” he sighed, looking at the mutations within the cages.

“Alex…how could you…? Your own mother…” choked his father, sinking to his knees, staring at the Gardevoir with tears in his eyes, looking for some sign of recognition in her. There was none.

“I know! Isn’t it wonderful? I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner! A blood relative would respond to my treatments much better than one of those wretched neighbors of ours,” laughed the boy. “Makes me so confident…I feel like creating another…”

Four years later, Alexander still possesses the perfect results from that night. A Gardevoir and an Alakazam. It only made sense to use psychic types after all…they were the ones that responded to him the best, could understand him the most. After all, they were related…

The twisted psychic and his two prized Pokemon are now lusting after a certain group of five ‘humans’ after observing their faces on the wanted posters. He is perhaps one of the few pursuers who actually knows the truth about the Quistas, or at least, some of it, able to sense the mental imprints behind the posters and TV broadcasts, the imprints of what the government wasn’t saying. False accusations, something to do with a transformation into a Lugia. Whatever the reality was, Alexander wasn’t letting such prize subjects as these escape. And he had been blessed with five to choose from! So even if he failed with one, he had four more chances.

Using all of his power, intelligence, manipulation and sheer ruthlessness, Alex will not stop until he has at least one Quista in his possession. As for what he intends to do with them, it is hard to say…but maybe if it came down to that, getting captured by the government was probably the better option.

Pokemon: Gardevoir and Alakazam, all that is left of his parents combined with a Raltz and an Abra. They are essentially mindless drones to him, controlled by his will and obeying every command, yet still possessing a fierce human intelligence and cunning without any of the compassion. Neither of the Pokemon can speak, be it human speech or Pokemon, and when coming into contact with other Pokemon, it is clear that there is something very, very wrong with them.

Other: Alexander himself likes to fight as well, almost throwing himself into battles before his Pokemon, using his speed, telekinesis and a knife made from the horn of the Nidoking, his first Pokemon, as his weapons. He also has several syringes and other medical implements that can be used, most of them loaded with the poison he had collected and refined.
    Last edited by British Joe; 15th May 2010 at 01:26 PM.

Actually, please go through with my reservation.

I suppose I can get over my fear of typing long paragraphs on a phone.

Blog Entries

Kay. Reserved for 24.

Blog Entries

Post Re: Quista: The Guardians Cry

Please-- Reserve me as a Quista.
    "Nothing is ever certain."

Blog Entries

Sorry, but I'm leaving the last spot open for whomever gets a form up.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

I'm not going to be able to write my app today. I'll have it finished before 8 o'clock PM GMT + 2.
    Everything is possible in the game of life.

Blog Entries

GG, I need the apperance, and more for personality and history.

Blog Entries

Can you not see the picture?I will edit the stuff.
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries

Sorry GG, Snowfire, Last quista spot is taken. If one of the others doesnt post their SU befor ethe 24 hiours are up, you can have their place.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast