Possible Persona/Pokemon Mix.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Possible Persona/Pokemon Mix.

Vile, Venomous Villain Murkmire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This isn't much of a Sign-Up, so much as an idea/proposal to other Pokemon Role-Players/Fans of the Persona series.

My idea is basically (and mainly) a Pokemon RP, only in a world where Pokemon are like the Shinto religion they're based on. What I'm trying to say is that I want Pokemon to be part of a human world, as spirits.

To put it in terms you (and I) would hopefully understand, the plot is a group of students in a high school, with dormant spirits of six "creatures" or Pokemon. Why I pick six and not one is because I want the character's personality and mind more clearly illustrated through more Pokemon, but not too many.

It'll be similar to Pokemon Coliseum as well, where there are individuals that try to manipulate the spirits bound to them, and wreak havoc upon the world, utterly putting all of existence in danger of "God" or Arceus destroying humanity and removing the spirit creatures (Pokemon).

I did manage to make the "Dormant" (Or Shadow-less), the "Awakened" (Spirit Users), and the "Corruptors" (Dark-hearted spirit users).

If anyone is interested, and would follow the basic RP rules and courtesies, please reply or VM me ASAP. This is an idea I had some time ago. I'm also looking for someone to Co-Manage with me.
    Last edited by Murkmire; 7th July 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Possible Persona/Pokemon Mix.

Sure, sounds neat.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Follow Bel Fanatic On Twitter

Oh this sounds like fun. Huge fan of both series

Blog Entries

I'd be in.

Much love to Zurr

Me too.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

Blog Entries

If anyone has any questions, refer to me.

I understand people, including myself, have set schedules outside the internets. So, I'm looking for someone to co-manage with me. Those questions can be referred to me as well.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm interested too (though I've only played Persona 3, and am familiar with Persona 4) with a few questions as well: what's the setting, and how broad (e.g., a single city? A region? A whole world?)? What's the depth of the crossover? That is, is it merely having Pokemon as Personas and otherwise set in the Pokemon world, or will other aspects of the Persona series pop up, like the Arcana and Social Links? Will the plot structure be Pokemon-like (gotta catch 'em all, earn badges, etc.), Persona-like (grand struggle against supernatural forces), or something wholly original?

Sorry about the question dump; this concept really fascinates me. Heck, I was thinking about making my own Persona RP, but could never think of a worthwhile idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    I'm interested too (though I've only played Persona 3, and am familiar with Persona 4) with a few questions as well: what's the setting, and how broad (e.g., a single city? A region? A whole world?)? What's the depth of the crossover? That is, is it merely having Pokemon as Personas and otherwise set in the Pokemon world, or will other aspects of the Persona series pop up, like the Arcana and Social Links? Will the plot structure be Pokemon-like (gotta catch 'em all, earn badges, etc.), Persona-like (grand struggle against supernatural forces), or something wholly original?

Sorry about the question dump; this concept really fascinates me. Heck, I was thinking about making my own Persona RP, but could never think of a worthwhile idea.
    Don't be sorry, that's why I asked you all to ask. :)

I honestly wouldn't know how to incorporate the Arcana and the Social Links. As for the plot-structure, I was thinking something along the lines of Persona-like, while still having Pokemon in another world. Sort of like a separate plane of existence. As I said before, I want the Pokemon to not only be spirits in nature and on the planet, but I also want the chosen Pokemon to represent the character.

Setting... that's rather difficult to pinpoint. I was thinking instead of televisions to be the cross to the other plane of existence, that computers and laptops would be their gateway. But, that'd step dangerously close to Digimon. XD

Any thoughts or ideas?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post

Don't be sorry, that's why I asked you all to ask. :)

I honestly wouldn't know how to incorporate the Arcana and the Social Links. As for the plot-structure, I was thinking something along the lines of Persona-like, while still having Pokemon in another world. Sort of like a separate plane of existence. As I said before, I want the Pokemon to not only be spirits in nature and on the planet, but I also want the chosen Pokemon to represent the character.

Setting... that's rather difficult to pinpoint. I was thinking instead of televisions to be the cross to the other plane of existence, that computers and laptops would be their gateway. But, that'd step dangerously close to Digimon. XD

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Why not a (3)DS or something? It'd certainly be fitting as Pokemon is on Nintendo Consoles. Hell, A gameboy could work.
    Murkmire likes this.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Not a bad idea. A 3ds would make more sense.

Anyway, I'll be up for a little bit. Any questions are still open. :)

Maybe social links could be things that can give status boosts to your pokemon, or help with their pokemon. Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Social Links as stat boosts and the like could work, as they do help Persona fusion, but the problem would be who the Social Links are with. After all they're tailored to the main characters in the Persona games...

Oh! Perhaps Arcana (and so Social Links) could correspond to types? So much like NPCs in the Persona series, each player would choose a type to associate with. They'd thus be most powerful with Pokemon of their type, but can still use Pokemon of other types (much like the players in Persona 3/4 could still summon and fuse Personae of Arcana for which they hadn't yet established a Social Link). Social Linking could then be with other players, to improve compatibility with Pokemon of other types. Though that still leaves the mechanism for Social Links undecided...

EDIT: As for setting, perhaps a Dark Hour-style 'other world' would be better? Mirroring Persona 3, it would also establish the nature of the villains as perverting the order of the world in their quest for power, thus angering Arceus.

EDIT 2: Incidentally, this is partially inspired by the mechanics behind Pokemon Conquest, which I recently bought and have become obsessed with. Basically, each character can 'link' with any Pokemon and send them into battle; this link is rated on a scale from 0 to 100%. The higher the link, the stronger the bond and the stronger the Pokemon; however, each character can only form a perfect, 100% link with only one Pokemon family, though they can form lesser (80-90%) links with Pokemon of similar typing.

Moreover, the plot of Pokemon Conquest boils down to 'conquer the 17 nations of the region (each corresponding to one type) to awaken the creator Pokemon of the region.' That is, uniting all 17 types allows you to awaken Arceus. So, if we have the types mirror the Major Arcana, then just as the Arcana are described as the Fool's Journey which culminates in the totality of the World/Universe, collecting all the types allows one to awaken the power of the Legendary Pokemon.

And of course, while humans may know this, Arceus may not be exactly happy with them trying to accomplish it...
    Last edited by Renewal; 11th July 2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Murkmire likes this.

Blog Entries

Social Links as stat boosts and the like could work, as they do help Persona fusion, but the problem would be who the Social Links are with. After all they're tailored to the main characters in the Persona games...

Oh! Perhaps Arcana (and so Social Links) could correspond to types? So much like NPCs in the Persona series, each player would choose a type to associate with. They'd thus be most powerful with Pokemon of their type, but can still use Pokemon of other types (much like the players in Persona 3/4 could still summon and fuse Personae of Arcana for which they hadn't yet established a Social Link). Social Linking could then be with other players, to improve compatibility with Pokemon of other types. Though that still leaves the mechanism for Social Links undecided...

EDIT: As for setting, perhaps a Dark Hour-style 'other world' would be better? Mirroring Persona 3, it would also establish the nature of the villains as perverting the order of the world in their quest for power, thus angering Arceus.

EDIT 2: Incidentally, this is partially inspired by the mechanics behind Pokemon Conquest, which I recently bought and have become obsessed with. Basically, each character can 'link' with any Pokemon and send them into battle; this link is rated on a scale from 0 to 100%. The higher the link, the stronger the bond and the stronger the Pokemon; however, each character can only form a perfect, 100% link with only one Pokemon family, though they can form lesser (80-90%) links with Pokemon of similar typing.

Moreover, the plot of Pokemon Conquest boils down to 'conquer the 17 nations of the region (each corresponding to one type) to awaken the creator Pokemon of the region.' That is, uniting all 17 types allows you to awaken Arceus. So, if we have the types mirror the Major Arcana, then just as the Arcana are described as the Fool's Journey which culminates in the totality of the World/Universe, collecting all the types allows one to awaken the power of the Legendary Pokemon.

And of course, while humans may know this, Arceus may not be exactly happy with them trying to accomplish it...
    Very interesting proposal. I have an idea. We'll have the types of each individual. For example, I'm thinking of a character with an Ariados for his Persona. This will be one of the two types Ariados possess, which will be Poison.

We'll have these individuals form together to put harmony back into a distorting set of worlds. There will be a second group trying to awaken a Shadow Form of Arceus. If the darkened set, or "Corruptors" have united before the "Awakened," then Arceus himself will have been corrupted. Kind of like a reflection of humanity and Pokemon together.

The worlds these individuals enter will seem normal at first, able to reflect the person's mind. As the battle between the groups flows on, distortion and shadows will appear more and more.

I will use the 3DS as a gateway, and as a device for Personae. Melee for characters will be a possibility. Anyone have any thoughts?

The shadow Arceus could be called Darceus, but he could also be a separate entity. Basically, Arceus split himself into him and Darceus, created the universe, than trapped away Darceus when he realized it was evil. Arceus had to rest because of their battle.

Blog Entries

Darceus as a name sounds a bit... contrived for my tastes. Just call it Shadow Arceus--they're both Arceus, so it doesn't need a proper name. Shadow Arceus is an appropriate name for whenever our characters encounter it. Ultimately, both sides would be going after Arceus, just different aspects of the same omnipotent entity.

As for the other worlds, does that mean each player will essentially get a turn running a dungeon?
    Angad and Murkmire like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast