Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemopolis University of Magic and Sorcery (SU)

Lightbulb Pokemopolis University of Magic and Sorcery (SU)

Long ago, when spears and swords were common and before the invention of pokeballs and computers, people used alternative methods to get things accomplished. Rather than capturing pokemon, humans would go out into the wild to study pokemon techniques and then use what they had learned to develop magical spells. Over time, more and more citizens wanted to make use of these amazing powers but often wound up causing random explosions or injuring themselves.

Since most people at the time were able to tap into the strange power, the idea of a “Magic school” was born. Built in the center of one of the Kanto region’s largest settlements, the schools goal is to educate and instruct in the proper use of special abilities over a time frame of about 8 years. There are occasional rumors about an approaching threat or something or other but no concrete information has surfaced yet. Our story begins just before the start of Pokemopolis universities sixth year of operations, with the introduction of 2 new headmasters. Will the students be able to uncover the mysteries of the ancient pokemon world, or will they unwittingly annihilate everyone in a sparkly and colorful burst of magic energy?

The School -
    Beginning this year, the university is being split into two different campuses. (Light and shadow) (NOT good and evil) While they are technically still part of the same school, the branches concentrate on different elements and have separate headmasters. Aside from that, they are identical in almost every way, with the light side to the east and the shadow side to the west of the university grounds.

The World
    Pokemopolis is a walled city that sits in the area that will eventually become Saffron city in the future. It is known as a bustling hub of trade and commerce, as well as having the highest population out of all the nearby towns. Wilderness stretches out in all directions and the next largest town is the fenced Viridian settlement, which is located near the same place as future Viridian city. Untamed Pokemon roam the countryside and it is not considered safe to leave a town unarmed. Other places of interest include the Pewter mines, Cerulean swamp, Lavender burial grounds, Fuschia hidden ninja village (they are nonviolent unless provoked) and the Celadon rain forest.

Magic
    Pretty much any pokemon attack can be used as a magic spell so long as the caster says a chant. It should be noted that the most powerful spells (such as Blizzard) do not work at full efficiency unless a related material or item is in the user’s possession.

Classes
    For reference: The Light branch includes (Psychic, fire, ice, steel, ground, normal, fairy, electric and flying)
    Shadow includes (ghost, dark, poison, rock, water, grass, fighting, dragon and bug)
    So if you are interested in a particular element, choose wisely. (elements are open to everybody but are more effective if they match the persons specialty)
    The core classes offered are introduction to magic and advanced spell casting. Within these 2, there are numerous smaller sections such as material gathering for novices and pokemon hunting, for expert students.

Optional physical education is handled by playing the ancient sport of Air ball. Air ball has nearly the same rules as modern soccer except that the goals float several meters off of the ground and the usage of nonlethal magic is allowed. Pokemopolis University has both a light and a shadow team. Teachers and headmasters may also join in matches but only if transformed into a non legendary pokemon that matches one of your teams elements. (students also have the ability to use Transform but are not allowed to for Air ball games)

Other rules
    Anyone in their 1st – 5th year of school is considered a Pokemon Adept.
    Any person that has passed their sixth year or higher is considered to be a Pokemon master. (including teachers)

Role explanations
    Headmaster – Oversees students and teachers, suggests and/or leads field trips, plays air ball
    Teacher – Begins classes, leads or goes on field trips, plays air ball
    Student – Attends classes, plays air ball and goes on field trips.
    (all of these are mostly suggestions and do not have to be followed exactly)
    Headmaster and teacher openings are first come and first served. (light headmaster is already filled)

No sex scenes
    No god moding
    No controlling other players
    1 character per player
    There are a few Npc school staff members (like the nurse) and some Npc students.
    Temporarily controlling non player characters is allowed in and outside of the shcool
    Including your characters location at the top of posts is recommended but optional.
    Side stories are also allowed
    If the target of one of your spells is another player then no auto hitting is permitted
    Try not to post more than 3 times per day

Shadow Headmaster (1 opening)
    Name:
    History: (at least 1 paragraph)

Teacher (2 openings for light and 2 for shadow)
    Name:
    In charge of: (choose either intro to magic or advanced magic. You still decide the specifics of how and what to teach) (optional)
    Pokemopolis branch: (Light or shadow)

Student (no limit!)
    Name:
    School year: (between 1 and 6)
    Pokemopolis branch: (Light or shadow)

There is no school uniform but students are given large, golden colored shield shaped badges for I.D. A smiling Gengar for Shadow and a grinning Raichu for light.

Roster
    Light
    Headmaster - Bowie Aspen IV (me grimlock)
    Teacher (1) - Omega Kobayakawa (DJ Omega)
    Teacher (2) - open

Students
    Isi Winona (1st year, Bad Apple)

Shadow
    Headmaster - Nocturne (ThatCrazyArtist)
    Teacher (1) - Renée Voreia (Redshift)
    Teacher (2) - open

Students
    Kushagra Jain (2nd year, kush232)
    Evelyn Casca (5th year, Magical doughnut)
    Tyson Amarin (3rd year, Paleo)
    Edward Nafekop (1st year, Pokefan548)

Questions or comments? Ask away!
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 17th December 2013 at 09:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemopolis University of Magic and Sorcery (SU)

So what about types like Fighting and Fairy? You didn't list them, so where do they go?
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

I had a feeling that something was missing, edited to include the missing types.

Blog Entries

What does normal-type magic do? Make things normal?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

http://everythingsmagic.boards.net

For example, if someones favorite move was Tri attack then they would want to choose light in order to have the best skill at casting that normal type technique. Both light and shadow are able to cast all types of spells but just like with pokemon, it would be stronger if the type matches one of the casters types. (light students get a bonus for all light elements and same thing for shadow)

I should also mention that even though students have up to an 8 year difference, typically everyone attends the same classes but the upper level students would be given harder or more dangerous assignments.

Name: Kushagra Jain

Appearance: Black Medium length hair, Brown eyes which change to black when extreme emotions occur, Indian skin color, typically wears white shoes, black full length bottoms, white tunic, and grey robe with hood. Also wears a clip-on belt, white gloves, and white socks. His Gengar badge is on the left chest pocket of his robe.

History: Kushagra was an ordinary boy who was born to join the Shadow side. Everything about him was related to Darkness, from him not liking light to him not liking noise. He never really talked much either, staying quite and usually walking away from party like events. When he joined Pokemopolis University, he never looked at the Light side. He looks weak physically, but his intelligence is very high, and his legs can carry him a few miles in only an hour. Whenever a Light student comes near him he keeps quiet, and turns away from them. He only has some friends from the light side, and some from the shadow. No one knows where he was born, or how exactly he joined the school, as he was an orphan, with no one in his bloodline alive. Kush's skill of magic is low, but he has been found to practice martial arts after studies, hinting that he may have been from Fuchsia Village. But Kush says that he has never seen or heard of a Fuchsia Village, and he says he comes from near the Celadon Forest. Other than this not much is known about Kushagra, as he was always the mysterious one of the group...

School year: 2nd

Pokemopolis branch: SHADOW
    Last edited by kush232; 3rd December 2013 at 06:49 AM.

I like your enthusiasm! But there are a few issues with Kushagra Jain;

This rp is set in ancient pokemon times and while there are few rules about an official dress code, I am pretty sure that sneakers and track pants will not have been invented yet.

We do not actually get starter pokemon in this story because there is no reliable way to tame wild pokemon yet. Instead of going on a journey at age 10, people go to the Pokemopolis school. Based on Kushagras age of 11, he would most likely be in school year 2.
    (Although it would not be unusual to also see older people in the early school years due to the school still being relatively new.)

As for the part about Air ball, this will be the first year that the university has organized teams, so it might be a bit early to be declaring how good he is at playing.
    Besides those things, the rest looks good.

Here is an example sign up form. (which is also my real sign up)

Headmaster of Light
    Name: Bowie Aspen the 4th

Appearance: Bowie has dark skin, black hair and a shaved head. He is most often seen wearing small spectacles and a pointy wizards hat. Bowies robes are of a dark, blazing crimson color which is worn on top of a dark grey tunic. Even though he does not need it, Bowie sometimes carries a long wooden walking stick, which occasionally doubles as a staff. While not very huge at just short of 6 feet tall, Bowies black eyes do give off a look of some sort of wisdom. His Raichu badge is worn near the base of his hat.

History: Bowie grew up near the eastern outskirts of Pokemopolis, part of the way to the Lavender burial grounds. One of the family friends was a grave digger, so Bowie does not give much thought to hanging out in a less than safe environment. Every couple of years, a zombie disturbance or disgruntled spirit would give the young Bowie plenty of chances to practice magic. (usually with some assistance or supervision) Another place that he spent a good amount of time in, was the mysterious Pewter mines, where people always seemed to be discovering new caverns or pathways. (although Bowie tended to not go in too deep alone) One day, Bowie was contacted about a new school in Pokemopolis that was in need of some instructors. Bowie thought of himself as more of a fighter than a teacher but after being reminded about the prophecy of doom and being begged by the creator of the university to lend a hand, Bowie finally accepted the post of Light Headmaster.
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 2nd December 2013 at 12:59 PM.

@ME Grimlock
    Edited the mentioned problems. Please check it again.

Blog Entries

Wait... if this is ancient Pokemon... oh my god, I can make a character from ancient Unova... this is going to be awesome!

Glad you like it, and on that note,

Kushagra Jain, Approved!

Blog Entries

Name: Isi Winona

Appearance: Isi has a copper skin tone and very short and somewhat ruffled black hair. Her eyes would be a dark brown... if she weren't blind. Due to this, her irises and pupils are pure white, which tends to creep some people out. But strangely enough, the way she acts makes it seem like she can see, but most people assume that this has something to do with her magic. She wears a simple pale orange tunic with off-white pants, and she normally wears a dark brown cloak. Isi also wears a black and white bead necklace, made to represent the legendary Pokemon of her home region. Also, for some reason she refuses to wear shoes...

History: Isi was born and raised in a city centered around a castle in the Unova region (in the far future, that city and castle would be drowned in sand, and become the Desert Resort and Relic Castle). Being blind, it was believed that she would naturally be weaker than the other children of her generation. While she was physically weaker than most of them, she had succeeded in the basics of Light magic. Other than that, she preferred to be a social and friendly person, but she didn't have many friends since her white eyes creeped out a lot of people. Later on, at the age of 10, she had an odd "power surge", which is the best way to describe what happened. Isi's magic suddenly became much more powerful than before, but it was also very unstable, thus she had little control over it. She had heard about a school in a distant region which taught its students how to use magic, and she decided to join the school so that she could learn how to keep her magic under control.

School year: 1

Pokemopolis branch: Light

I'm working on my own description, it should be finished in the next couple of days (I write small parts of it whenever I have nothing to do). I'm very much looking forward to joining this school. My future schoolmates sound very interesting, too.

I'm getting very psyched! I think I'll do some more writing now :D

^ There is still plenty of time left before the start.

Isi Winona, Approved!
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 3rd December 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ME Grimlock View Post
    ^ There is still plenty of time left before the start.
    Oh, good. I can take it easy then. Plenty of time to write a decent story

Visit Magical Doughnut's Youtube Channel

Name: Evelyn Casca

Appearance: She has a paler skin tone, and straight, elbow length, dark red hair. She has green eyes. She normally wears black tights, a black shirt under a dark brown tunic, dark brown boots, and a light brown robe. She also wears a black belt around her tunic, and she wears her Gengar badge on the center of her tunic.

History: Evelyn spent most of her life in the Viridian Settlement. From as far as she can remember she has been interested in magic, and vowed to learn it. She tried to find information on how to perform the act, but she couldn't find any sources that seemed reliable, or safe. She was over joyed when she discovered that there would be a University deticated to magic. She wanted to go immediately, but she was too young, so she had to wait one more year.

When she arrived at the school, she mostly paid attention to the teachers, read the books on the subject, and practiced the spells that she knew. Recently she found out that the school would be split into two different groups, Light and Shadow, while slightly wondering about the reasoning of the decision, she was not to destressed as she mostly focused on types that ended up in the shadow group. She has heard some rumors about impending disaster, which has her slightly scared, but she tries to hide all signs of that fear.

School year: Five

Pokemopolis branch: Shadow
    Last edited by Magical Doughnut; 3rd December 2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: No reason
    PARTY HARD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast