The Pokemon World: Kanto Saga (Sign-Ups closed, selection in process)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon World: Kanto Saga (Sign-Ups closed, selection in process)

Default The Pokemon World: Kanto Saga (Sign-Ups closed, selection in process)

The Pokemon World: Kanto Saga

The world is inhabited by a variety of creatures. These Pokemon share the world with human beings. The relationship between the two races is quite interesting and does deserve a closer examination. This examination is only possible through us humans.

Our lives in the Pokemon World have different callings and when the time is right, it is on us to decide whether to heed those calls or reject them. Depending on what we decide, we will find ourselves in direct interaction with Pokemon and share close bonds with them or we will continue living our lives oblivious to the secrets hidden within the relations with Pokemon. What are these calls? Some humans may end up being a Pokemon doctor, a breeder or a researcher. The list goes on, but to truly understand your calling you must get to know yourself and the world around you.

So, when you see fit, you may embark on a journey throughout the Pokemon world, meet new people and Pokemon, develop new friendships and actually allow your mind to mature through the hardships you may face and finally understand your calling. What make such journeys even more fruitful are those that start as a conquest to compete in the Pokemon League or Grand Festival. Through the battles that the new trainers and coordinators have alongside their Pokemon, they learn to work together and to stay strong. They keep their minds and bodies in shape and sharp. So, it is only normal that most researchers, doctors or breeders started out as trainers and coordinators and only after maturing did they choose a different path.

Now… Will YOU embark on that journey to find out your calling? The Pokemon World awaits and only if you do decide to embark on such a journey will you learn all the secrets in the Pokemon World. Only then will you manage to have a shot at glory as you take on gym leaders and trainers in the Pokemon League or other coordinators in the Grand Festival. Only then will others turn to you for help as some people use Pokemon for evil. Only then will you have the chance to discover the legendary lore of the Pokemon World and perhaps get a chance to meet with these legendary Pokemon and go even further than that. The World awaits, the decision is yours.

About The RP:

Rules:

About the Selection:

Sign-Ups:

My Sign-Up:

Pending Sign-Ups:

Accepted Sign-Ups:

Last edited by acs1903; 3rd November 2012 at 03:06 AM.
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Pokemon World: Kanto Saga

Name: Yuki Nakamura

Nickname (Optional): N/A

Age (13-18): 16

Sexuality: Bisexual

Training Career (Trainer/Coordinator): Trainer

Birthplace: Cerulean City

Appearance: Yuki stands at 5,7 and weighs 115 lbs with a very slim build. He has pale white skin with bright blue eyes and chin length blood red hair. He typically wears a black tee shirt with a pair of matching fingerless gloves, pale blue jeans, and black convers.

Personality: Yuki is withdrawn guy who's not afraid to voice his oppinians. He can be a little abrasive sometimes, usually when people get him angry (Which is very rare). The things that get him fired up are mostly hypcritical people or people with a snobish attitude. He also hates those who mistreats Pokemon with a fiery passion. He is usually good natured though. Despite his cool demeanor, he suffers from some confidence issues and an inferiority complex, and never sees the positive things he does himself. He finds it easier to get along with Pokemon then people.

History: Yuki had loving parents and a decent homelife, his parents were upper middle class so they could afford to get him most things he wanted. However his social life was always hard, other kids his age would always pick on him, and the older he got, the worse his situation became. It eventually got to the point that he was beaten up on a weekly basis, he had no friends, and people would hide his things or talk rudely behind his back. This caused some emotional damage that has yet to heal.

In attempt to keep him from getting so lonely, his parents gave him an egg with red and blue triangles. He took very good care of the egg, and would spend hours staring at it until the day it hatched into a Togepi. He was amazed at how someone, other then his parents, showed him kindness. The two became nearly inseperable and when it came time for Yuki's journey, he took Togepi with him as his starter Pokemon.

Starter Pokemon: Togepi

RP Sample:

Other: Besiktas

Name: Reece
    Sexuality: straight
    Besiktas
    Career Path: Trainer
    Birthplace: Pewter city
    Appearance: Reece is a tall 18 year old guy. He has dark brown hair, just over his eyebrows, and brown eyes. He is of an athletic build, slim and toned and turns out at 6"3' tall. His right arm has several meaningful tattoos, though he never explains them, merely diverting the conversation. Clothing wise he always wears a hoodie and dark jeans, coupled with sneakers. Has scars across his knuckles, but refuses to explain too.
    Personality: Reece is a calm, and soft spoken person at a glance. He is always thinking, always planning, making sure that he has every situation covered for whatever he does. Whether That is a walk to the shop, or a pokemon battle, he will Havre it covered. He tries not to be headstrong, even though it eats away at him inside, he forces it back down and retains the common sense to think first. He is a loyal friend, and will protect them to the best of his abilities. However he has a lapse attitude to those he doesn't know, or who don't like him.
    History: Reece never talks about his past, not even his friends know everything. He moved to live with his grandparents in viridian when he was 4, after his mother and father got abusive. his grandfather caught him a baby charmander for his 11th birthday, and reece woke to find it asleep next to him. They have been best friends since. His grandparents died when he was 16, and he has lived with only his best friend Rex since. He loses his temper when people talk about his grandparents. (More will be revealed throughout the journey.
    Pokemon:Charmander

Example: Rex was starting to feel protective over Mina, kind of like a big brother.... So he walked over to the Poke'mart with her on his back.

"Im just gonna get something, wait here."

He set her down, and bounded into the Mart. Rex stole a rucksack from behind the counter, and put several items inside it; several Full heals, and quite a few potions. He looked at the shopkeeper who was cowering in the corner, begging him not to hurt her. He gave a solemn look to her, as if to say it would be okay, and left, handing Mina the rucksack. "A gift.."

Is this okay boss?
    EDITED
    Last edited by The Dark Eyed Demon; 31st October 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Name: Gray Vander

Nickname (Optional):

Age (13-18): 15

Sexuality: Straight.

Training Career (Trainer/Coordinator): Trainer.

Birthplace: Pallet Town.

Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=mikado+ryugamine&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=xdx5Wy2nGPGI0M:&imgrefurl=http://anri-saika.tumblr.com/page/8&docid=e2PzEG82kgp0TM&imgurl=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le4fijwvz21qf41x0.jpg&w=402&h=600&ei=NQ-PUN6BCsH-iwLfyIDoCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=107&vpy=62&dur=3503&hovh=274&hovw=184&tx=129&ty=112&sig=11713301824338 6470624&page=1&tbnh=167&tbnw=114&start=0&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,i:85

Personality: Gray is EXTREMELY lazy, prefering to stay in his parents basement than go to school or on a journey. He is pretty Idealistic, wanting to see the good in people. Despite this, he can be pissed off if his friends are threatened. He is highly attached to his Poketendo 3DS, often risking his life to save it. He doesn't like violence unless it is necessary, but this is more due to laziness than pacifism. His social skills aren't the best, and he often states some pretty awkward things.

History: Gray lived his parents house for most of his life, rarely getting any sun. He spent most of his life playing classic games, such as Legend of Keldeo, or Call of Dratini: Shiny Ops, and considers himself a "1337 gamerz." Much to the disappointment of his parents, he opted out of his Pokemon journey to watch an episode of "Journey Time!" Grays father happens to be Xanus Vander, an extremely powerful trainer.

When Gray was young, he and his family took a trip to the Safari Zone. While there, he was trapped in a battle between a Nidoking and several Rhydon. Before Xanus could intervene, Gray managed to use a baby Dratini to escape from the battle. Xanus took the Dratini to a Pokemon Center, and gave it to Gray as a present. Gray and the Dratini became best friends, staying locked up in Grays basement playing games, with Dratini adopting Grays lazier habits.

The second Gray turned 15, his father disconnected all of Grays video game systems and kicked him out of the house. Unable to find the extra key, Gray and Dratini began walking down to Oaks lab.

Starter Pokemon: Dratini.

RP Sample:

Other: Grays greatest accomplishment was defeating the Dark Lord Besiktas in Legend of Keldeo.
    Last edited by Madara Uchiha; 29th October 2012 at 06:21 PM.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Name: Haruka

Sexuality: Bi

Training Career : Trainer

Birthplace: Vermilion City

Appearance:

Personality: Haruka is a loud, fiesty and very independant girl, reluctant to accept help. Haruka cares a lot about pokemon, and is much kinder around them. She is unhelpful, hyper-active, headstrong, arrogant, a sore loser and fairly rude to other trainers, yet is very outgoing, not afraid to share her ideals and beliefs, and is fairly cool under stress. She prefers to battle her differences rather than talk it out. Even though she isn't very booksmart, she is a good battler, usually able to beat an opponent using brute strength. Haruka likes to train her pokemon to know incredibly strong offensive moves rather than defencive moves.

History: Haruka used to be very depressed; her stepfather treated her like crap and constantly told her she was useless when she wanted to help, kids at school criticized her for being quiet, and picked on her whenever she spoke. One day, Haruka had enough, she beat the shit out of one boy who told her to "go to the kitchen and make him some rice-balls", and got expelled from her school.

Haruka walked home that day, and came across a tiny, abandoned, male Mankey. Haruka gave the mankey an apple and some rice-balls, and earned the wild Mankey's trust. He followed Haruka everywhere, and they became the very best of friends. Haruka told her deepest secrets to Mankey, and Mankey would make Haruka laugh by juggling fruit. One day, after Haruka refused to do the dishes without getting paid, Haruka got kicked out of her house. With her only 200 pokedollars, Haruka ran to the nearest pokemarket and bought a single pokeball. Haruka used this pokeball to catch her starter; Mankey

Starter Pokemon: Mankey

RP Sample:

Other: The inner Besiktas of my mind are an enigma.
    Last edited by Little Miss Eevee; 2nd November 2012 at 09:28 AM.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know you said a max of 4 however you have no coordinators, so I want to see if I could try at least weasel a spot

Name: Melissa Jordan

Nickname (Optional): Mel

Age (13-18): 17

Sexuality: Straight

Training Career (Trainer/Coordinator): Co-Ordinator

Birthplace: Celedon City

Appearance: With beautiful wavy strawberry blonde hair going to down to the tip of her shoulders, Melissa is considered to be a beautiful young lady. She has dark brown eyes and a nice complexion with no pimples and scars. Mel also has ruby red lips as well which match with her eyes and her hair. For a 17 year old teenager, Melissa's body is well considered to be her focus as per what makes her her in appearance. She is pretty tall for her age at around 5 foot 10 inches and her weight is around thin average mainly because she likes to do a lot of dancing. Her chest is pretty average and she has long slender legs. All in all she is very attractive but that will be added more in depth later on. When it comes to attire, Melissa varies a lot but for all intent and purposes at the start she will be dressed in a white spaghetti top and a black mini-skirt with a pair of knee high boots in black.

Personality: Melissa is not your average girl well actually no one is but that's beside the point. Many see her as 'Queen Bee' type of character because of her appearance, her demeanor which is charismatic but also manipulative in that she can get what she wants with guys but not really with people in her gender. She is not really liked in a proper manner because many that do not associate with her consider her mean, stuck up, pretty, self-absorbed, elitist and stupid. Even though she is not the most intelligent person out there well actually far from it, Melissa has great people skills which goes back to the manipulation/charisma so she is seen as street smart. Melissa adores beauty just her beauty and she gets jealous easily when people consider other people prettier than she is. Melissa has a good heart and will do the right thing...eventually and reluctantly. She is a great dancer, very fit and can surf very well but she's terrible when it comes to singing, Pokemon battling (She's very tactical in contests) and cooking. Melissa does she herself in this journey to grow as a person and to be more self-reliant.

History: Born 17 and a couple of months ago, Melissa Jordan grew up in Celedon City. Her parents were very rich well actually they are still rich that's because her mother is a singer and her father owns the PokeMart there which is the biggest store in all of Kanto. She was an only children and with her parents busy, Melissa had to rely on being taken care of by her nanny named Jillian. She was taught many things under Jillian who was a former coordinator but retired because she lost motivation for it after being so success. She showed Melissa old videos of her success and that implanted a dream that Melissa wanted to achieve which was to be the greatest current day coordinator. However that dream did not start to pan out because she could not get a Pokemon because of her parents being too busy and not really trust her. So that led to Melissa for the time being, to abandon her dreams and she was found to be a model because of her looks and that for about a year led to Melissa learning how to be responsible.

That finally led to her getting her Pokemon for a birthday present, two months after her birthday. The Pokemon that she had received from her parents was not what Melissa expected but it had to do for some reason. She had actually found out that her mother caught it when she was performing at Lavender Town and that was the story of how Melissa Jordan got a Gastly. She wanted to go on a Pokemon journey with her Gastly to become the best coordinator that she can be and at least earn some money on the side being a model still at least but Melissa doubts that. She feels that she can easily achieve success with a lot of work, her looks and her lovely Melissa charisma.

Starter Pokemon: Gastly

RP Sample:

Other: Part time model (Or Former whatever suits you) and trained in classical dancing but not in Besiktas

@Dark Supergirl; thank you for the sign-up, I'll add you to the pending list.

@Little Miss Eevee; thank you for the sign-up, but I could not open the attachments. Maybe you could send a link to them?

@kenshin akagi; thank you for the sign-up, I also had trouble opening up your image. I got an "error 404", meaning the image was not found. Could you please help me out there with the appearance section?

@RegiReece; Thanks for the sign-up, although I already know you from previous RPs, I was hoping that you could edit in a RP sample as everybody else did. It is part of the form after all, thanks!

@Wild Candy; Thanks for the sign-up, yours seems to have no problems :)

---

I've also edited my sign-up and have changed my starter to a Natu, as I saw it more of a fit to my character. There has been five sign-ups so far and I am assuming there will be some more people wishing to sign-up. Therefore, I am forced into selecting the RPers. I will keep the sign-ups open until Friday, November 2. Though, I worry that the East-coast people might not get to sign-up due to the Hurricane. My prayers go out to them as well and hope they remain safe as Sandy passes by!
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

I'll get onto it first thing in the morning (using my phone at the moment) chief. Hopefully this one will survive :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2.0

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Pokemon World: Kanto Saga (Sign-Ups Open until November 2, 2012)

Okay, thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Pokemon World: Kanto Saga (Sign-Ups Open until November 2, 2012)

Name: Jacob Laurey

Nickname: Jake

Sexuality: Straight

Training Career: Trainer

Birthplace: Cerulean City, Kanto

Appearance: Jake is moderately tall for his age, standing at 6'0, and has a rather fair complexion. He has a well-toned, stocky musculature, due to a hardy, vigorous lifestyle. Jake has shaggy, dirty blond hair, which swoops down to cover his light hazel eyes. He normally shoots for comfort rather than style in his clothing, wearing a blue t-shirt with a grey design of a '?' Unown printed on it, under a black zip-up hoodie. Alongside that, Jake usually sports faded, brown cargo jeans and a pair of black and white running sneakers. He tops off the look with a necklace, a Sharpedo tooth on a string that he received as a gift.

Personality: Jake is generally cheerful, and outright avoids conflict. He can be a bit headstrong, meaning well for his friends and family, but is prone to make quick decisions that could possible negatively affect himself and those around him. He is a keen learner and very knowledgeable on the subject of Pokemon; he's always had a soft spot for them. As well, he's world-weary without the burden of being world-wise. Jake is quite bold and isn't normally one cautious about taking risks. When Jake finds that he makes a mistake, he is quick to blame himself. While this means that he never holds anyone else responsible for his actions, it also means he tends to carry a lot guilt, which can damage his self-confidence, at times. All in all, Jake is an outward, down-to-earth pre-teen, loaded with a love for adventure.

History: Jake was born in Cerulean City, a year before his younger sister, making him the oldest of two. He was raised by his mother and father in a large manor house near the local gym, and, his family being neither poor nor rich, had a classic middle-class upbringing. Jake lived a fairly normal life. He had a lot of friends at school and was generally liked by the people who knew him. He would often train Water-type Pokemon with the Gym Leader, Misty, however, he wasn't overly fascinated by them like his sister was. While he did devote most of his time to Pokemon training, Jake also spent time studying to keep his grades up.

At the age of thirteen, he began getting into battling as a sport. He started watching tapes of famous trainer battles and became more interested in travelling. Once his parents discovered Jake's interest in battling, they sent him to the Pokemon Trainer School in Saffron City. He learned the basics and studied hard, and, even though he was outclassed by a few of the smarter students, graduated at the top of his class. Once he turned 14, his parents decided Jake could finally go on his journey. He took a bus directly to Pallet Town, bound for new experiences and relationships. As a present for leaving, his sister had bestowed upon him an Oshawott that he could use in battle.

Starter Pokemon: Dylan (Oshawott l Male)

Other: Besiktas are my favorite. :/
    Last edited by Windsaver; 21st February 2013 at 09:31 PM.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw4684-shrugdash.jpgThis is the appearance of Haruka. If the image doesn't work, I put the link there as well. mlfw4684-shrugdash.jpg

And the other one is a GIF that has the scene from spongebob where patrick says "The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma". It isn't really important, but here is a link. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp2jin9Cg71qdrk98o1_500.gif

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Thank you very much Eevee.

@Reece; Will you be editing that RP sample anytime soon :)
    I claimed Metang

sorry, it's done now!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s3 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Dark Eyed Demon; 31st October 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Thank you!
    I claimed Metang

My pleasure sir!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast