Pokemon Star Squad: Sign-up thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Star Squad: Sign-up thread

Default Pokemon Star Squad: Sign-up thread

POKEMON STAR SQUAD

"Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we'll be there!" ~Motto of the Pokemon Star Squad police force

Story:

It's a little long, sorry. I got the inspiration for this RP watching the Bomberman Jetters anime, and I thought "Pokemon + travel + fighting thieves? GREAT IDEA!" So whoohoo... My first RP on this site.

Info:

How this RP will work:
    I am the Game Master, or GM, of this RP. In addition to controlling RP characters of my own, I will also be in charge of any current event that happens. The goal of the storyline for this RP is to be mission-based. The RPer's will be assigned certain tasks that involve protecting (or stealing, if you are a Dark Wing member), an item. The information on that item that needs stealing/protection would probably be found out through contacts or news reports (i.e. a special news report covers a man who caught a golden Magikarp at the Lake of Rage.) Therefore, I'm in control of almost every NPC in the RP. The exceptions to this would be, of course, the player's pokemon, or any NPC that is directly involved with your character, such as a robotic butler offering to get you something. NPCs that are involved in particular missions, however, are controlled by me.

With that said, I'm actually giving more leeway in this RP than you think. You have the option to shape the story. You can possibly betray one side to join the other, or in the Dark Wing headquarters try to overthrow Burglor to gain control of the team. Just be sure to notify everyone if you plan on changing the roles of your character within the RP, and edit your sign-up to include information about the change of your role. If you are using Pokemon that are not fully evolved, you can evolve it within the RP, but you have to ask me to do it. If your post is worthy for the evolution of your pokemon (that is, it did something special) than I'll give you permission to evolve it through OOC, then you can make your next post evolving your pokemon. Just like the characters, you should update your sign-up to include evolution information.

Rules Rule:

Roles of Major Characters:
    Pokemon Star Squad:- The Star Squad consists of mostly trainers, even gym leaders. You are living two lives: One as a trainer, or whatever outside job position you choose, and the other as an officer, in which you'll be on duty when you are contacted through the PokeScanner.
    Dr. Robertson - Me
    Star Squad Detective - Godzillawolf
    Jet Raptor Pilot - Infernal_King
    Everyone else is considered a "Star Squad Officer"

The Dark Wing:-All members of the Dark Wing live in the base of operations, as it has everything needed to sustain a living.
    Boss Burglor - Me
    Dark Wing Top Admin - Johto Trainer
    Dark Wing Mid Admin - Godzillawolf
    Dark Wing Bottom Admin - GoldenrodGirl
    Dark Wing Lead Scientist - Flamealex
    Everyone else is considered a "Dark Wing Grunt". Keep in mind, if any admin dies/betrays the team you have a chance of getting promoted.

Finally, here are the sign-up forms:

...And here are my Sign-ups

Any questions/suggestions you can ask me in this thread.

Current Participants:
    -Godzillawolf: Jerret Wake, Empira
    -Johto Trainer: Paige Korper, Drake Demonic
    -Derier44: Devon Stone
    -+HelpingHand-: Violet Davis
    -GoldenrodGirl: L'wren
    -Mouthful of Pi: Elliot Nadel
    -Flamealex: Flame
    -BlackWhite: Gold Silverston
    Last edited by Youngster_Joey; 17th June 2010 at 11:30 PM.

Default Re: Pokemon Star Squad: Sign-up thread

Can I reserve a spot? I have the perfect character for such an RP but I didn't get much sleep last night and am too tired to write a detailed bio at the moment.

Ask Pony Discord

Sure. Do you want a specific role, or just to be a regular officer/grunt?

Well the character is normally a detective, so he'd be a bit more specialized than an officer. But if that's all he can be, that's fine.

Also, would it be ok if he was also a Gym Leader? Or would that be something seperate?

Ask Pony Discord

You know, having a detective would actually be a good idea, so in that case, I'll add the role to the first post, so that is okay.

Also, while I wasn't that specific on it, as a Star Squad Officer you are kind of living two lives, one as a trainer/leader and the other an officer when you are called for a mission. So your character being a Gym Leader is okay by me.

Alright, does he need to specialize in one specific type depending on the Gym? If so it'll end up being the Cinnabar Gym Leader, if not, it'll be the Viridian Gym.

Ask Pony Discord

No, you don't need to specialize in any type of pokemon if you don't want to.

I've updated the Role section of my post to include some extra tidbits of information about each affiliation. Hopefully I won't confuse you guys even further.

Blog Entries

Username: Johto Trainer

Name: Paige Korper

Affiliation: Star Squad

Role: Star Squad Officer

Personality: Paige is a very cheerful girl, but she is also tom-boyish. She can be very competitive when it comes to battling (Her main hobby), but she always tries to be very kind to others. She also thinks she tough, and isn't intimidated by any person, which makes her a great officer. She does get a bit worried when situations seem bad, and does tend to get angry when she loses something, and she brags to herself (She tries her best not to brag in front of others, but it happens sometimes) when she wins something, or accomplishes something. She isn't very timid, but isn't always brave, depending on the situation. She also does get pretty mad if someone makes fun of her for any reasons. But, she can be very caring, and she shows that clearly when training her pokemon. When nobody is around her, she sometimes talks to her pokemon, or to herself. She doesn't like it when it's quiet.

Appearance: Paige is about 5 feet, and 7 inches tall. She weighs about 110 pounds. Her hair is a bright red color with purple highlights in it, and it reaches about 3-4 inches below her shoulders. Her eyes are a dark brown color. Her skin is a light white color. She also has a bit of strength compared to other girls from her hometown.Paige wears her hair down, and it gets a bit wavy at the bottom. She wears a bright yellow t-shirt with a white pokeball symbol in the middle. She wears shorts that come up about 2 inches above her knees. She wears white and purple sneakers, and bright purple socks that don't come up past her ankles. She also ties a purple hoodie around her waist, just in case it gets cold.

History: Paige was born in Blackthorn City, Johto, during the month of September. Her parents were great friends with the Blackthorn Gym Leader , mostly because her father worked at the gym as the referee for challenges. She really wanted to follow in her parents foot steps, but her real role model was the Gym Leader, and Paige set a goal to become the new Blackthorn Gym Leader when the current one resigned. She got her first pokemon, Shelly, a horsea at this time, from the Gym Leader. Shelly and Paige would train for many hours each and every day, until Paige became 10.

After she became 10 years old, Paige set out for her journey in Johto. She managed to defeat all 8 Johto gym leaders. She then challenged the Elite 4, but lost to the champion. After she lost, she returned to Blackthorn, where she was thrown a party for her stupendous accomplishment. By this time, she was 16. and the Gym Leader of Blackthorn was getting old, and had resigned. In honor of her accomplishment, the City Mayor declared her the new Gym Leader. Paige was very happy. Within 2 years, the outbreak of the stolen Master Scanner and the Dark Wing had begun, and Paige was selected as an officer. Now, her goal is to stop Dark Wing. She repeats the Star Squad Motto, "Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we'll be there!", in her head when things are bad, so she could remind herself to stay strong.

Pokemon: Paige's pokemon:

Kingdra/ Shelly [Female]
    {Dragon Dance; Draco Meteor; Outrage; Waterfall}

Shelly was Paige's first pokemon, and she is very attatched to Paige. Shelly is a smart battler, and very laid back and calm.

Metagross/ Soul [N/A]
    {Meteor Mash; Bullet Punch; Earthquake; Explosion}

Soul was Paige's fourth pokemon. It (Lol) was found in Union Cave, and Paige noticed it's unusual coloring (Yep, it's shiny; but her only shiny), and being a Dragon trainer, she was hesitant to capture it, but eventually decided to. Sould has become a powerhouse on Paige's team, and she loves it. Soul is also much like Shelly, being laid back and calm.

Flygon/ Chi [Female]
    {U-turn; Outrage; Earthquake; Stone Edge}

Paige found Chi, along with Ozone (Her Salamence) both along the route south of Blackthorn, while she was on her way to New Bark Town. Chi and Ozone were both together, playfully battling. Paige saw that they were natural battlers, and decided to capture them. She successfully caught Chi, but Ozone escaped, as he was afraid. Paige was disapointed, but luckily, Ozone wanted to be with Chi, so he followed Paige to New Bark town, and was happily captured. Chi is very playful, but also slightly competitive. She loves having fun, and is dubbed the team's "cheer-leader".

Salamence/ Ozone [Male]
    {Outrage; Aqua Tail; Earthquake; Flamethrower}

Ozone was found along with Chi, as described above. He is very competitive and his temper blows easily. But, he is a major addition to Paige's team.

Dragonite/ Midnite [Female]
    {Dragon dance; Earthquake; Outrage; Roost}

Midnite was Paige's second pokemon, found on the same route that Chi and Ozone were found on, just earlier before she found those two. Midnite is very powerful, but she isn't very competitive. She is also the "mother" of the team, because she is very caring of her teammates.

Gyarados/ Hydro [Male]
    {Dragon Dance; Stone Edge; Bounce; Waterfall}

Hydro was captured as a Gyarados at the Lake of Rage (Nope, not shiny). Paige was calmly fishing at the time and was not expecting a Gyarados to appear, but she saw his anger and aggression, and knew it would be powerful. Paige can't really tell whether Hydro is happy or not, because the expression on his face doesn't really change. She can only truely tell when using telepathy. But she does know when he is angry, and loses his temper often.

Note: Since half of Paige's pokemon can fly, she is an excellent choice for hunting down enemies who have escaped.

Other: Congrats on finally posting your first RP! I know it will be a success ^.^

But I have a question: In the rules, it says we can't have characters with different roles, but since Star Squad Officers are unlimited, may I please reserve the Top Admin for the Dark Wing? I can't post now, gotta go to bed >.>
    Last edited by Johto Trainer; 13th June 2010 at 05:49 PM.
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

Paige is accepted.
    But I have a question: if she returned to her hometown at 16, then joined the Star Squad within 2 years later, wouldn't that make her 18/17 years of age and not 15? lol.
    Also, you don't need to list your moveset for your pokemon, there is no limitation. :P

And that's pretty much what I meant to say in my rules. You can choose an important role, but other sign-ups should be for the generic roles. You are reserved.

Ok, I actually finished my guy's bio, but I wasn't sure if sprites were needed or optional. Anyway, here we go!

Username: Godzillawolf

Name: Jarret Wake

Role: Star Squad Detective

Personality: Jarret comes off as cold at times, but he’s a good person if you get to know him well enough. He’s cunning and assembles clues in both in crimes and in his battles, which he does both well. Being a Gym Leader, he’s an adapt battler and takes excellent care of his Pokemon, treating them with respect and kindness. As a police officer, he's trained in hand to hand combat. However, his cold outer image sometimes makes befriending people difficult, but once one gets past that, he’s an excellent friend. He also has a habit of referring to people with Japanese honorifics, such as san, sama, kun, ect. (Ein-sama, ect.)

Appearance:

He’s an averaged sized man, about 5’4. He’s very muscular, expected for someone in law enforcement. His hair is a reddish-brown color and he’s Japanese in appearance, his eyes hazel colored and his mouth rather small. He wears a black shirt with a red leather jacket over top of it. His jacket has a police symbol on the back of it, which he takes great pride in, though he has a second black one without the symbol for undercover work. His pants are also red leather, though likewise he has black ones to go with his undercover work. He’s presently determined to find away around the Dark Wing’s Scanners, which he considers cowardly. He’s gotten at least some measure of success with Wildfire in this endeavor.

History: Jarret is the adopted son of the Sinnoh Gym Leader Crasher Wake. He was adopted after his parents mysterious murders by an unknown person, which he believes hides among the Dark Wing ranks. He went to police school and eventually obtained the rank of detective. He eventually became the Viridian City Gym Leader, after the last one’s retirement. When Dark Wing got their hands on the Master Scanner and duplicated it, he developed a training style for his Pokemon to find a way around it. This wasa a simple matter in his mind, train them to never listen to a Dark Wing member, and to target their captor’s Scanner the first chance they get. This was eventually tested when a Dark Wing grunt stormed his Gym and attempted to capture Wildfire. While the beam succeeded in stealing him away, Wildfire showed an unusual ability, he released himself and crushed the grunt’s Scanner in his jaws before allowing Jarret to recapture him. While Wildfire was successful in learning this trick on his own, he doesn’t know if his other Pokemon could do the same trick as of yet and he‘s not sure if he could teach it to other trainers, as its something Wildfire taught himself to do. However, he’s certain they would not be loyal to those who may steal them and. When the Star Squad was formed, this and his capabilities as a detective made him an obvious choice.

Pokemon: All his Pokemon are trained that, if stolen from him, to destroy their captor’s scanner the first chance they get.

Charzard
    Nickname: Wildfire.
    His starter that his father had imported for him from Kanto. He’s his most trusted and loyal Pokemon, as well as his strongest. Eager to please his master‘s goal of protecting his Pokemon, he’s learned how to slip through the containment function of Scanners and let himself out at will, even Dark Scanners. This ether allows him to destroy said Scanner to free himself or make himself more trouble than he’s worth.

Skuntank
    Nickname: Rose
    Captured as a Skuntank by Jarret, she’s motherly and kind, as well as a Shiny Pokemon. She’s normally used to ‘mark’ running criminals so they can be tracked, by spraying them with her stench.

Mightyena
    Nickname: Rex
    Captured as a Poochyena, Rex is extremely loyal to Jarret and is normally a police dog. When on the job, he acts like an attack dog, but otherwise, he’s more like a puppy dog, playful and willing to please.

Arcanine
    Nickname: Nova
    When he joined the police force, he was given a Growlithe like all the others, Nova was that Growlithe. Like Rose, she’s loving and motherly, but she’s also extremely loyal to Jarret and her mate, Rex.

Ninjask:
    Nickname: Strike
    Captured as a Nincada, Strike is normally used to dig pitfalls for running criminals. He’s energetic and has a habit of perching on people’s heads.

Floatzel
    Nickname: Nami
    The daughter of Crasher Wake’s Floatzel, she was a gift for his graduation from the police academy. She’s playful and happy almost constantly.

Other: “Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we’ll be there!”

EDIT: Please note, I couldn't figure out when 20XX is, like how far into the future, so if that's too far for Jarret to be Crasher Wake's son, I'll make him his descendent instead. I just assumed it was like 2020 since XX is the roman numeral for such. If this is wrong, I'll fix it.
    Last edited by Godzillawolf; 13th June 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Ask Pony Discord

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Username: Derier44

Name: Devon Stone

Role: Officer

Personality: Devon is very out going and loves to talk though he controls himself well. One thing Devon is known for is being a huge flirt to girls. On missions Devon is very serious and hates more then anything else for someone to make fun of him. He loves to battle and beat grunts from the other side. If someone makes Devon angry they better watch themself.

Appearance: Devon is 5"9 and is 178.4 lb's. He has a leen muscular body with a great tan to go with it. He has buzzed hair, green eyes, and always is wearing his uniform unless he is out with his dad Steven Stone or just shopping. His work uniform consists of a red and blue vest with a black shirt underneath. He wears black pants with whit stripes going down the side. When he's out of uniform he wears a black sweatshirt with his grandfather's company symbol with jeans.

History: Devon is from Hoenn and is the son of Steven Stone. His mother was killed in a fire created by Grunts when they tried to steal Steven Stones pokemon. Steven tried to follow them but lost them when they got to their base. Steven gave Devon his first pokemon at age 5. He then went on his own journey in Hoenn and got all 8 of his badges and beat all of the Elite Four but when he got to his father he lost. Having being crushed and embarressed (everyone said that he was going to beat his father) he went to Kanto and went all the way to the Champion again but he lost and gave up on being a Master and decided to join the Star Squad.

Pokemon: Walrein(1)
    Walrein was his first pokemon but at the time it was a Spheal. This pokemon is his strongest and since it's his first, favorite.
    [Sheer Cold, Blizzard, Mimic, Hydro Pump]

Ditto(5)
    Ditto was caught on Cinibar island while he was exploring an old labratory. Ditto gives a great advantage because it can also change it's size.
    [Transform]

Porygon(3)
    This one was a gift from his dad for doing so well in training. He had told him that Porygon were rare but he never had guessed how rare it actually was.
    [Tri-Attack, Flash Cannon, Recover, Secret Power]

Egg(6)
    He got this egg from a mysterious man while he was on his way to the HQ for the first time.

Polytoad(4)
    He got the Kings Rock from the champion at the Indigo Platu and his Polywhirl just decided to evolve when they were walking back.
    [Dynamic Punch, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rock Slide]

Happiny(2)
    Devon saw a trainer training with this Happiny one day. The trainer wanted it to evolve but Happiny need love not training so the trainer abadoned it. Devon happily captured the Happiny and the Happiny only likes him.
    [Metronome, Sweet Kiss, Substitute, Heal Bell]

"Soaring high in the sky with our clear and keen eyes, we'll be there!"
    Last edited by Derier44; 13th June 2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to put in Porygons attacks

Godzillawolf is accepted. As for your question, I kind of wanted to avoid giving a specific year to avoid inaccuracy, but generally, it's a future where most of the trainers and Gym Leaders of the games and anime are either dead, in adult age, or retired. People like Whitney or Gary would be in retirement, while others like Pyrce or Prof. Oak would have passed away. So beyond 2020 would be safe.

Derier, I'd like for you to be a little more specific as to what your character wears, but other than that your app is fine. Accepted.

Thanks! Also, another thing with him I forgot to mention is he's extremely protective of his Pokemon, in other words, before they need to use that special training, he'll threaten the grunt to ether not attempt it, or hold him at gun point to release the Pokemon if they manage to. Is that too violant?

Ask Pony Discord

Eh, I'm a little worried about guns. Not really because they are "violent" but because they can be kind of overpowered. The fact that your character is good with hand-to-hand combat sounds like enough.

Yeah, he can probably force them to do that through physical intimidation anyway, thanks though.

Ask Pony Discord

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast