Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Orange Islands Adventures

Default Pokemon Orange Islands Adventures

Orange Archipelago Adventures

Welcome to the Orange Islands! This rp features four young trainers who were just given their starter pokemon by Professor Ivy. They are given a pokedex to assist them on their journey to conquer the Orange league! The Orange Islands are paradise holding many mysterious pokemon! There are four gyms to defeat to get into the Orange League, but many islands with many challenges waiting for the trainers!

I'm going to be a bit picky with who is accepted, as I want this to be literate and long-running. There will be three players accepted besides me.
    Starters available: Charmander and Pikachu

Rules

1. Generic forum rules.
    2. As long as you don't curse, I don't care what you put.
    3. You can control wild battles up until you throw a pokeball
    4. Don't hog the spotlight. Let every character share their story.
    5. There are only Kanto and Johto pokemon allowed.
    6. You can ride larger pokemon to cut time depending on their speed.
    7. If I am gone for more than two days, ask a fellow member to generate pokemon for you/start you off.
    8. There are no levels, but "Around level #" to know how strong they are.
    9. To encounter pokemon you have to put (encounter) at the end of your post and I or another roleplayer will randomly generate a pokemon for you to find. It can't be legendary but it might end up shiny or alternately colored.
    10. Pokemon never forget moves unless you want them to, and there is infinite room for attacks
    11. TM moves can be learned naturally, as all moves take 1 post to learn. Be fair with moves. A starting trainer will not have a charmander that knows flamethrower. Also try not to learn more than one move per island.
    12. Pokeballs are infinite
    13. Captures are determined by the other roleplayers, as they will decide if you are fair.
    14. If you read these rules, please mention in your sign up how wild pokemon are encountered.

Sign-Up Form

Character info

-Your sign-up sheet is going to be your profile that you must update.
    -You can't have the same starter as someone else

Accepted:

Lily Green (Clef)
    -Bulbasaur
    Calvin O'brien (Ludwig Bellshmidt)
    -Squirtle
    Nathan Sherwood (Raccoon1997)
    -Charmander
    Evie Lution(Eeveewithwings123)
    -Pikachu
    Locations:

Chapter One:

Chapter Two:

Chapter Three:

Chapter Four:

Pummelo Island (League)
    Last edited by Clef; 29th June 2013 at 06:31 PM.

Default Re: Pokemon Orange Islands Adventures

Character name: Lily Green

Appearance: A young girl with long brown hair pulled to the side who wears a large white sunhat. She wears a green v-neck with jean short-shorts. She wears a pair of old white tennis shoes and has a big mint-green tote bag full of supplies. She stands at five feet and three inches and weighs about 120 pounds. Her complexion is light with a tiny dusting of freckles on her nose.
    Personality: Lily is a very fun-loving person who would rather battle and lose than not try at all. She isn't very competitive which can be a bit of a problem sometimes, but she is a great friend and a fierce ally. She's very respectful towards others and usually tries to learn someone's name before anything else.
    Party:
    1. Bulbasaur
    Bold Nature, likes to run
    Overgrow
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip
    Last edited by Clef; 29th June 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can you reserve Squirtle?
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Sure, but only for a few days or so.

Blog Entries

Character name: Calvin O'Brien
    Appearance: Calvin is tall and muscular, standing at 5'11", and has sleek blond hair and blue eyes. His facial features are rough and jagged, making him more intimidating. He wears a steel blue button-down military jacket with a black collar and cuffs, steel blue riding pants tucked into knee high black boots with cuffs and white piping, and a wide belt with shoulder straps attached to it that tuck under the epaulets of his jacket. He also wears black gloves with cuffs and white piping. He has a large steel blue backpack that holds all of his equipment.
    Personality: He is a tough, too-serious, and efficient young man who always abides by the rules and is "weak to" them. He has difficulty leaving his commanding, serious mode and relaxing, even for the sake of another. He does not tolerate any mistakes, is a neat freak, and happens to have a rather pessimistic nature. He is often mistaken for a bully, and is often feared like one. He believes in being prepared, and won't tolerate a lack of preparedness. He hasn't had many friends, so he has no experience in treating people correctly. This leads to him being controlling and mean to others, though he listens to everyone's opinion. He's blunt, and has no issues with speaking his mind, though he does seem to tone it down with adults. Despite his mean personality, he's not all bad, and will defend those he sees as friends or allies with the same scary attitude that he uses normal, only worse. He is awkward when talking to women, though acts as a father figure to younger people (those who look like they're in grade school and younger) and thus can speak with younger girls without trouble. He also may be able to speak with women with less trouble if it's about work. His hobbies include cooking, making sweets (including his secret love of baking cakes), reading, and Pokemon.
    History: Calvin grew up in a strict family that raised him to be able to take care of himself. He was trained from a young age to be a tough, serious and efficient person and to not be weak. He took this to mean demonstrate his strength and dominance as much as possible, and began doing so with all of his peers. He was never corrected due to fear, so it carried on. People avoided him, and he relished the space. He grew distant from people, and grew fond of Pokemon. He hopes to become as strong as possible so he can defend what he cares about.
    Starter: Squirtle
    Info: Male, Timid
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Bubble
    Other: Put 'Encounter' at the end of a post.

You're accepted.
    I realized the people on here aren't used to leaving encounters up to a RNG, so it might take a while to get people who are interested.

Blog Entries

True. Me and a friend are having a similar problem with ours.

I usually roleplay on a smaller site called Vdex, and everyone there mostly does journey RP's where your starter choices are randomly generated and a GM controls wild encounters and NPC battles. It's a lot of fun, and the ones here where people choose all of there pokemon tend to be filled with Eeveelutions and Lucarios.

Character name: Nathan 'Nash' Sherwood
    Appearance: Nash is tall and slender. He has short, spiky, dark hair and green eyes. He usually wears blue jeans and a green vest. He also wears glasses. He always carries a big blue bagpack with him.
    Personality: Nash usually is calm and quiet, but in battle, he can get really fanatic. However, when the battle is over, he's immediatly calm again. He's a good loser. Nash likes pokémon rather than people. Being outside with only his pokémon is what he likes the most.
    History: Nash grew up in Odale Town in Hoenn with his parents and his 3 year older brother James. His mother is a nurse (for people, not for pokémon) and his Dad was a scientist, working at professor Birch's lab. But when Nash was 7 years old, his parents decided to move to Pewter City in Kanto after Nash's father got fired. He didn't get a new job and decided to teach James and Nash something about pokémon training. He had been a pokémon trainer himself when he was younger, and he still had an Abra with which he travelled back then. Nash loved the Abra, but when James was 14 years old, he left to go on a journey through Johto, and took the Abra with him. Since then, Nash couldn't wait until he could start his own pokémon journey.
    Starter: Charmander
    Info: Male, naughty
    Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember
    Last edited by Raccoon1997; 27th June 2013 at 02:26 AM.

Sorry I meant to take Eevee off of the sign up. I decided to stick with Pikachu since Eevee can evolve into someone else's starter type when it's important for everyone to have a unique starter type.

In that case I'll go with charmander. Male, Naughty nature.
    Moves: scratch, growl, ember

I suppose since it's the Orange Islands there'll only be gen 1 pokémon?

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just read this.

Alright, edit charmander into your sign up, because I'd like everyone to keep their party and information there for reference.

I did. I have a question though. Are we going to do long posts, like 'Chapter 1 - Part 1' etc, or just short posts between 1 sentence - 2 paragraphs (as I saw in that Unova RP you're in)?

Eh that Unova rp wasn't really my style. I don't want 1-2 sentence posts, 3 would still be bad but not as bad.
    I usually want a paragraph, but to me a paragraph just means you gave enough information for someone to write a lengthy reply.
    I'm not too strict, trust me.

If you want to see some of my better roleplaying, check out this 100 page rp I ran

I like that better. Thanks for letting me join, I can't wait for this one to start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast