Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Secrets of Requiem Forest (Sign-Ups Closed) - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Secrets of Requiem Forest (Sign-Ups Closed)

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Secrets of Requiem Forest

Name: Byron
    Species: Rufflet

Appearance: Looks like an ordinary Rufflet

Personality: Byron is a little snobbish, after growing up in a flock of Rufflet and Braviary that assume that they are stronger than most other Pokemon. He feels like others are usually below him and he can probably do most things better than they could. He is typically easy going, but he enjoys to have a routine and structue to his daily activities. If people can tolerate him, Byron usually gets along with most Pokemon, and enjoys having popular friends, which Byron considers himself to also be.

History: Byron was born and raised in a flock of travelling Rufflet and Braviary. Being raised in this flock, he was taught like many other Rufflet were, tough Pokemon that are very determined and eager to embark in all challenges. He eventually felt that it was his time to leave the flock, and follow his own interests of exploration, somehting that the elders of the flock disagreed with. He therefore left the flock on uncertain terms as he made his way to the nearest base he knew of for exploration, Azuria Town.

Other: Sanguine?
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Byron is accepted.

We have quite the roster assembled so far. I definitely have a lot of things to plan out...

I must say this is one of the better looking PMD roleplays I've seen. I'm certainly interested!

I also have characters ready for this, but erm, they were made for a PMD group on deviantArt. Of course, I will alter them to fit this setting, but I hope that's no problem? (The group is PMD-Explorers by PurpleKecleon by the way, dunno if you've heard of it?)

Blog Entries

I don't see why it would be a problem. So long as the characters themselves are fine, the fact that they're used in some other fanwork doesn't bother me too much.

EDIT
    Name: Axo
    Species: Marshtomp (Adolescent)

Appearance: Looks like any member of his species. Has a scar, the colour of sanguine, running from his left shoulder to the orange circle on his belly. Wears a green tattered scarf around his neck (bandana-like).

Personality: Axo has a modest and generally optimistic personality. Has good leadership abilities, but lacks a bit in experience. Having grown up in a swamp, he has a rather good endurance, as conditions were quite hard in his former home. He has a fear of heights and hates air travels, as they always make him feel sick.

History: Axo was born in a faraway swamp and lived in a herd of Swampert, Marshtomp and other Mudkip. One day, however, their herd got attacked by a band of Feraligatr's, but he was too young at the time to really remember the events. He and his older brother managed to escape the slaughter, wandering the swamps for weeks afterwards. One day they encountered an old Ariados, who called herself Granny and offered to take them in. Their new home consisted of a group of stray, lost and orphaned Pokémon who all had found a home in Granny's web.

As time passed, Axo's brother became restless. One day he left, leaving a note he was setting out to become an adventurer. Axo hasn't seen him since. Occasionally though, Finn would send his younger brother letters, which were read to him by Granny (as he can't read). Inspired by the stories and adventures of his brother, Axo was determined to become an explorer.

It wasn't until he met a young Mawile that he could actually follow his dreams. After helping her to fight off some thugs, the two decided to form a team and explore the region.

OOC; got a couple of questions/remarks. First of all, I'm thinking about adding a second character, my characters team mate. Could this team mate be lost, giving Axo a reason to join the exploration, or...? My actual other PMD team consists of three characters (currently), but seeing as the limit is two, I will keep it at two. Alternatively, I could add the third team member to the current party and just say team member two got lost? Sorry for making it so complicated ^^;
    EDIT: Also, forgot to ask, do you want me to add movesets, or is that unnecessary?

Name: Eve
    Species: Budew (Child)

Appearance: Eve is shiny, but is otherwise a very normal looking Budew.

Personality: Eve is still very young, so her character is still taking shape. However, she is rather bold and has a mischievous streak. She thoroughly enjoys playing pranks (especially on Axo), but tends to get herself in situations she's unprepared for.

History: Eve was dropped off as an egg at Missy's Daycare by a Roserade assumed to be her mother. Ever since birth, she has been a troublemaker and has been quite a handful for Missy. When Axo helped Missy out in her nursery, the Budew managed to get herself and Axo into quite a bit of trouble. Working together they managed to get out of it unharmed. Seeing how Eve had taken a liking to Axo, Missy requested her to be taken in by the team. Eve has been travelling with Team Morning Light ever since.

---

As the little group was travelling along Requiem Forest's border Kimi got separated from the others. As neither Axo or Eve knew the region they had to find help. The two were directed to Sycamore by the locals and after hearing their story, they were invited to join the exploration party by the Shiftry.

OOC; I feel a bit like I could have explained this better. Also, Team Morning Light technically has four members, but that probably really is too much XD It's just that in that PMD group, they've had quite a bit of story and character development already, so it's a bit hard to suddenly make a complete switch, or regress them in development as a team (if that makes sense)

Just as some added info, the original Team Morning Light consists off Axo the Marshtomp, Kimi the Mawile, Eve the Budew and Malik the Weavile
    Last edited by Dieter; 5th October 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Name: Lily
    Species: Ekans

Appearance: carries very little on her; she has a few pockets attached by a leather strap near the tip of her tail, but otherwise she looks like an ordinary ekans.

Personality: Lily is a thrill-seeking individual who loves the rush of risky situations. She can be a little bit too proud of her abilities, causing an air of overconfidence to surround her in combat situations. Lily was raised by her parents to be a criminal, but since they have been split apart she has been show the error of her ways. While she understands why her old life of thievery was wrong, she misses the feeling of adventure that being a thief brought her. Her history can sometimes come back to haunt her; she is often viewed as untrustworthy by people who know of her old life. Despite all of this, Lily has grown to be much more kind, even if she still enjoys partaking in a bit of harmless mischief now and then.

History: Lily was born and raised in a family of thieves. Lily, along with her mother (an arbok) and her father (a serperior) formed the Serpent gang, and infamous troop of thieves known to steal and vanish without a trace. Lily gained much experience in the way of being a thief from her parents, and together they were capable of stealing almost anything. They lived in a small den some distance out of Azuria that was hidden away. Lily and her parents got into risky situations often, but they were always able to get away safely and without revealing their secret stash.

At least until the day they were finally caught. One day, when the family were asleep, a band of pokemon discovered their home. The family was awoken with the sounds of the walls of their den being broken away and pokemon flooding in to finally put an end to their crime spree. The Serpent gang managed to get away safely, but their home and their loot was gone with their pursuers close behind. Lily's parents decided that a life of running away was not a life for a young girl. It was hard, but they decided it would be best for Lily if she didn't have to endure such a fate. Discreetly and with heart felt good-byes, they dropped Lily off at the Town of Azuria and took off, making sure that the raiders would never find their daughter. Lily for a time lived completely alone, using her skills as a thief to steal food for herself. However, she didn't have quite as much experience as her parents and was caught stealing from the guild's kitchen.

Immediately she was recognized by Sycamore as the daughter of the Serpent gang. The shiftry could have turned her in immediately, but he decided to propose something different. He offered to allow Lily to work in the guild in exchange for her changing her thieving ways. At first Lily hated the idea, but she has grown to enjoy being in the guild and gained respect for Scyamore. However, occasionally she wonders if she will ever see her parents again and what they would think of her new-found occupation.

(I decided to take a bit of a liberty for Scyamore in my history, but it's prone to change if you don't approve.)

Blog Entries

Name: Kanade
    Species: Kirlia

Appearance: A typical Kirlia

Personality: Kanade has a wisdom about her that extends beyond her age, she is very observant, collected, and calm. Kanade never judges people on external factors and solely judges them on their actions and intentions. Kanade believes that every thing that happens in the world, is inevitable. She's very loyal to her allies and will protect them when under attack, and embrace them when their hurt. She'll face cruel people with a cool heart but will never kill them, going against the morals of her clan.

History: Kanade is from a clan of Gardevoir and Gallade (Along with their younger evolutions) Kanade was born to the queen of the clan, Yuko the Gardevoir, and the king, Dimitri the Gallade. The clan was well respected by those of Azuria, living just on the outskirts. Kanade, was a fragile child, hardly able to even stand on her own, but her life was saved by who they thought was Clan's Goddess (No one knows who really healed Kanade). Ever since, Kanade trained herself and is now one of the strongest Pokemon in the clan, when she received the invitation from Sycamore, Yuko gladly let her daughter join the guild in order to to grow and see the world.

Other:Sanguine
    Last edited by Naoto; 6th October 2012 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries

AND THEN SUDDENLY SIGN-UPS.

SIGN-UPS EVERYWHERE.

But, in any case, Axo, Lily, Kamome, and Kanade are all accepted.

@Dieter: I'd prefer for the second option. As in, having two characters with the third being lost in the woods somewhere or other. Helps maintain the focus on the Guild, and also opens up a slew of potential avenues as far as future plot points go. And also, no, movesets aren't necessary. Just so long as your character isn't pulling out stuff that would belittle their experience, like shooting Hyper Beams all over the place or something of the sort, you should be fine with just about any moves that they are able to learn.

@Blathers: Perfectly fine. Sycamore, having been at his job for a really long time, has definitely made quite a few connections, and he's definitely not one to turn in a potential asset. I mean, if he WAS one to convict potential assets, then why would Daggur and pals still be around?

I'm waiting on a few particular people (you know who you are) to post their sign-ups, in addition to the people who have reserved their spots. I definitely have a "the more the merrier" philosophy on sign-ups, especially for RPs like this, so if anyone else feels like putting their hat into the ring in the meantime, feel free to do so.

PKMN Master (in training) trainer_ebony's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sanguine rose? :P

Name: Hiei
    Species: Charmander

Appearance: Necklace with a small black stone on it. The stone will occasionally give off a strange blue and white glow, smetimes as warning, others when Hiei is near something special.

Personality: Hiei is a generally friendly pokemon. Hes also easy to piss off if you have a high and mighty attitude, and hes very confrontational aganst bullys and theifs.
    Hiei loves adventures, getting stronger, and Razz berries. Hates cruel people, and fears water getting near his tail.

History: His first adventure happened when he fell into an undrground cave from a hole in the ground. It turned out to be a hidden dungeon. It was here he found his prized posession, the Black Stone he bears around his neck. From then on, hes searched for more dungeons to explore. However, beig yog and alone, hes usually quickly overtaken and expelled. Relizing he isnt going to get far solo, hes here to get help and training.
    Pokemon Black- 3439-6961-3323
    Pokemon Black2-4342-0303-5375

Blog Entries

Hiei is accepted.

And here's my second character...

Name: Although his actual name cannot be spoken properly in what is considered normal speech, it roughly translates to Ghazhothi Xadduz Lodu Qojicev. But most people call him Gaz.
    Species: Elgyem

Appearance: He looks just like any other alien of his particular species.

Personality: Gaz is very...odd. Though that should sort of go without saying, seeing as he's an alien and all. Even so, Gaz has an incredibly inquisitive and fairly distant individual, incredibly prone to getting lost in random trains of thought. Due to him being mostly unaware of quite a few cultural norms, Gaz will oftentimes do things that are out of place or perhaps even destructive, purely because he knows no better. He follows incredibly strange and often broken logic, in addition to being completely confused at quite a few things most people take for granted. He generally tries to remain friendly and nice, but his behavior can be particularly frustrating for some.

History: Gaz lived on a distant planet, the exact location and name of which he is sworn not to reveal. This planet, while it remained peaceful for a time, was eventually taken over by a race of almost legendary power. They ended up ruling over the planet, and ruthlessly utilized its people for their own personal ends. Gaz and multiple other individuals, including a few of the former leaders, attempted to revolt against their conquerors...an attempt that failed miserably and ended with them effectively getting launched into the cold grasp of space, left to float aimlessly and likely die due to the harsh conditions.

However, Gaz was fortunate enough to land on a particular planet...right in the middle of an ocean. A colony of undersea Pokemon woke him up, and effectively introduced him into the world's society. The depths of the water allowed for effective isolation from any who would wish him harm, and the group gave him enough knowledge to ensure that he wouldn't end up getting himself killed, before he went off in search of some form of landmass. As it ends up, that landmass happened to be a shoreline of the Requiem Forest...

Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

@Oblivion Could you do me a favour and delete Kamome from the roster? I decided that I couldn't really "be" the character and was going to delete it after some exercise. I hope I'm not too late...

This epic banner was made by the epic Blue Dragon!

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Name: Aria
    Species: Vulpix
    Appearance: She's the same height as any normal Vulpix. She is slightly slimmer than most Vulpix, but it's not that noticeable right away. She has a Sanguine look in her eyes. She also has forest green eyes and a periwinkle bow around her neck.

Note: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltlgg9sm6M1r5ue2so1_400.jpg is her color scheme.

Personality: She tries to be a brave Vulpix, but tends to be frightened when it comes to dark caves and water types. She'll try to help out anyone she can, but she isn't that naive or oblivious. She does well with her basic attacks, and she does have some knowledge about fire Pokemon. However, she is sometimes clumsy and will fall, drop things, spill stuff, bump into people, etc. quite often. She feels like she needs to protect anyone she gets close to, out of natural habit. However, that can come back to haunt her if the "ally" she is protecting turns out to be a foe. She'll be stubborn and refuse to believe it unless given proof. She has many hopes and dreams and would like to one day make a name for herself. Not to be famous, but to prove that she is worth something.

History: To be revealed later.

==================================================================================================== ========================================================

Name: Elliot
    Species: Sandshrew
    Appearance: He looks like your average Sandshrew, but has black, circular rimmed, thick glasses.

Personality: Elliot is a really timid Sandshrew. He has a slight case of agoraphobia, and gets really frantic and skittish around crowds of people or public area. While he's scared of almost everything, he just wants to find one friend he can have faith in, to help make him stronger and braver. He feels like if he could accomplish this, then his family would accept him and not disown him for how he is. He is quite intelligent and loves to read. Due to his skittish ways, he is always on high alert and cautious everywhere he goes.

History: To be revealed.

Blog Entries

@Kyouhei: Very well, then. Kamome has been removed.

Both Aria and Elliot are accepted.

Oh, and so is Eve. Didn't catch that until just now, sorry.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Name: Maria (Adult; is around Level 23)
    Species: Swadloon

Appearance: Maria has a red bow tied around her left leg-thingy.

Personality: She gets along with people okay, and has a fear of Fire-types. (you can blame my RPs) She also deals with problems with her intelligence- She is a smart Swadloon.

History: Revealed in RP
    Last edited by Leavanny Duo; 5th October 2012 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Maria is pending. Try to give me more than a sentence for the personality. And also, you're missing another vital element.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast