Start Ups Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: LOST!!! (main thread) (Rated Teen) - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: LOST!!! (main thread) (Rated Teen)

Shinx For The Win

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: LOST!!! (main thread) (Rated Teen)

As the line passes by I pick up my potion and start walking down route 44, slowly sipping it on the way to Blackthorn City. I continue to walk with the light bit of pain on my tail and decide to unwrap the it. I sit myself down and start to take it off. Whens its all off i wrap it around my neck as a scarf. I get up and continue down the route. Hoping I don't get attacked. I eat some my last sitrus berry to get rid of the last of the pain and I store the rest of my potion for later. I start to smell smoke as a tree behind me sets on fire and I start to run.

Rustboro city gym, (Hoenn)

Max approached the gym, he noticed that the local Rock pokemon had really taken the element of the gym literally. Boulders surrounded the building on all sides and they had constructed a crude tower in the center made of large rocks. Two Geodudes separate from the wall and ask what business Max has here. Max replies "I have come for a gym badge, I do not want any trouble." The Geodude guards look the nautical pokemon over a few times before saying, "You are free to pass but enter at your own risk.." For a few moments it seems like Max might be able to get the badge without fighting, he thinks as he passes through the gate.

Inside of the gym however, Max is promptly blocked in place by 4 Gravelers on all sides! "Sorry shrimp but we do not feel like giving away any badges today." Max was not thrilled to be compared to seafood but still tries to reason with them. "Come on guys, I need a badge. We can do this the easy way or the hard way." All of the Gravelers laugh at this comment before picking up huge boulders and holding them in the air. Well then I think that we will take, THE HARD WAY!! One of them shouts as they smash hundreds of pounds worth of rock onto Max!

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Route 5, Unova

The Absol carried Pecha through the deserted road, with no interruptions or ambushes. The blind Espeon hadn't said anything in a while,

"Hey," Eris tried to get her attention, "How're you holding up?" Pecha's ears drooped, and she sighed,

"I can still move my two front legs, but the bottom half of me just feels... dead. I can't move it, and I don't feel anything if I tried to."

"Well, we're getting closer. All we have to do is get through Join Avenue and we'll fix you up." Eris attempted to reassure the other, but it didn't help with her confidence. Pecha kept her thoughts to herself, worrying about the outcome of this. If she did make it, would Eris stay with her and help her find Icirrus? And if she didn't make it, how would her sister ever know? It made her shudder to think of dying so young. How old was she? 13? 14? She had barely even gotten used to being in this body. What confused her was how this had happened. She didn't know what could have caused the sudden numbness. She hadn't felt any pain until-

"-The fire!" Pecha exclaimed

"What's wrong?"

"I-In Castelia... I challenged the gym there, and the Volcarona..." she recollected more of her memories, "He accidentally started a fire there. While I was trying to get out, I felt a Venipede bite me... it might have poisoned me. I... I thought the super potion would have healed it..."

Eris, without saying a word, moved at a much faster pace, almost running. This Espeon's life depended on her now, she could be saved. The Absol made it to the entrance of Join Avenue, and the Espeon suddenly fell off of her back. Pecha didn't move, she just lied there, breathing heavily. Eris ran to her side, trying to lift her up again,

"D-Don't..." she breathed, "I can't move at all. Listen, I need you to take this badge to a shiny Glaceon named Icirrus..." she meekly levitated the Insect Badge with Psychic, "If you can, gather more badges and take them to her as well. Icirrus is my sister, and these badges... they could be the only way to bring the humans back. Please... you have to do it..."

The Absol grabbed the badge with her claw, and watched as Pecha's breathing became shallow and slow. Eventually, the movement of her lungs stopped, and her eyes stared dead into the distance. She didn't move, she didn't make a sound. The Espeon had died, and handed the torch down to Eris...
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Max bursts through the pile of rubble with a Withdraw attack! "Pebble for brains, I said that I did not want to fight!" Max shouts as he jumps in the air and starts spitting out Bubblebeams! The colorful and bouncy bubbles connect with the opposing Gravelers, who then squeal and run for cover while trying to shield their heads with their hands. The water attacks seemed to have grabbed the attention of every Rock pokemon in the gym because there were now about 20 sets of eyes glaring straight at Max from the shadows. Max has the advantage but this could get ugly if all the gym pokemon tried to Bum rush him at once.

Suddenly a booming voice comes from inside the deepest part of the gym, "ENOUGH!!! I will handle this pest myself!" All of the eyes appeared to vanish but the ground begins to shake as if something huge was approaching. Max tries not to fall over as the owner of the deep voice enters the room and continues to make the earth shake with every step that it takes...

Shinx For The Win

As I continue to run down route 44, I look behind me and slow down to see that the fire stopped. I look ahead of me and see nothing but a wall and a cave entrance to my left. I read the sign next to the cave. "Ice Path" I say out loud. As I walk into the cave it becomes freezing and I make the scarf a little tighter. I remember all the puzzle patters to the ice puzzles."Up, Left, Up, Left, Down, Left, Up, Right" I say in my mind as I recall the steps I completed with my trainer when he was here. I continue through the freezing cave and I make it out fine only with some bruises from falling. I walk out and look at the bright and beautiful city. I walk to the nearest pokemon center to buy another potion. And I walk out finishing the old one.

Since a Sandstorm had started brewing indoors, Max knew who the ruler of this gym must be. A Tyranitar, easily 15 times the size of Max stomps into the room and begins its attack with a Thunder strike! The lightning bolt only hits the ground near Max but this had changed from an easy victory into something that could be troublesome. Thanks to the information that was gathered earlier though, Max has Rock Smashes ready to go, just for this boss.

The whipping sand makes it harder to see but the bulky target is still easy to find, Max Rock smashes into the side of Tyranitars leg, followed by a Smash to the tail and finally a Rock smash to the back of the head! Max is scoring big hits but it is hard to tell how much damage he was actually causing and he cannot let his guard down for fear of the Thunder. Suddenly the Tyranitar roars, goes down on one knee and stops his Sandstorm from blowing! This confuses Max, was this some kind of trick?!

Tyranitar laughs, "Alright, stop with those Rock smashes already! You have proven your strength and may have one of our badges." Max is suspicious, this evil pokemon was acting a little bit too friendly. Tyranitar continues talking as if answering the question that Max was thinking of. "I know that you are looking for badges because I also heard part of that message! This new world might have been fun at first but I just want things to go back to normal now." The large Tyranitar leans in close to Max and lowers his voice. "I also needed to warn you about the puppet pokemon that are roaming around."

Watch as I ooze power! Magical Doughnut's Avatar

The Bisharp looked at him, and said, "I am Arik, I killed the Liepard and left the Trubbish for dead, and you are at their hideout."
    Stacey was shocked and felt sick at what he had been told. "Bloody Arceus, did you have to kill them?" But his mind instantly went to a different thought, "Why didn't you kill me?"
    Arik shrugged and said, "In order, no, I did not, it just seemed to be fun, and I did not kill you for a few reasons:
    1. You would offer no challenge.
    2. You were helpless.
    3. I don't feel like killing a little girl."

Stacey hated how he was mistaken as a girl again, he indignantly replied, "Look, I'm not a girl, and I'm not little, I'm 17." Stacey calmed down a bit, and continued, "Still, I guess I should thank you for saving me."
    Arik, smirking, retorted, "Yes, you are little, I don't believe you are a boy, and you guess you are grateful?"
    Stacey was about to reply to the obvious sarcasm, but than he had an idea, this guy could be a good ally, and he could help him obtain badges. "I have a question, have you heard any messages about badges?"
    Arik looked at him for a moment, before saying, "What the hell are badges?"

Stacey was shocked for a moment to meet a Pokemon whom never heard of badges. Stacey tried to explain what happened, "Well, basically, in cities, there are places called Gyms, and inside gyms, there are badges. I heard a message telling me to collect all the gym badges, and take them to a place called Mt. Silver, and that would bring the humans back.
    Arik continued looking at him, before asking, "Do you plan on collecting them?"

(OOC: I do have permission from Dr. Stein to use his character, and we message each other with the layout of our posts.)
    ALLONS-Y!!!

Blog Entries

Join Avenue, Unova
    Goal: Finding Icirrus and gathering badges

Eris stared at the Espeon's body for several minutes, letting the pain of guilt flow through her. She could have saved her, if only she had been faster. But it was impossible to reverse what had happened. Pecha was dead. The Absol turned around and continued walking towards Nimbasa City. She knew that she had to find a Glaceon, named Icirrus. Although this wasn't her goal before, she had to carry out the Espeon's dying wish.

Eris took in her surroundings, staring at what once was a loud and busy area filled with lights and shops. There were abandoned training stations, antique shops, salons, day cares, you name it. Now that the humans were gone, there was no one to keep these shops going and keep the electricity in the lights. It was a bit dark, since the only light was coming from the entrance and the exit. She stepped out of the Avenue, and into the setting sun of Nimbasa City. She briefly looked back, she couldn't see the Espeon any more. She sighed and walked into the Pokemon Center, praying that nothing would happen.

She was going to stock up on several Cheri berries, since Pokemon are unable to use a Parlyz Heal. If she was going to obtain the bolt badge, she was going to need a lot of items to help her out. As she waited for a Chansey to give her the berries, a Mightyena decided to start up a conversation with her.

"So, where are you headed?" he asked,

"The City's gym," she hesitantly replied,

"Really? That sounds a bit dangerous, don't you think? There's some tough Pokemon in there, maybe I can go with you,"

"I'm fine on my own, thanks for the offer anyway,"

"Maybe you're right, I can imagine them being too nice to fight such a pretty girl,"

"Are you trying to flirt with me?"

"Well if you put it that way..."

"...I'm ten. I've looked like an adult since I was born..."

The Mightyena's eyes widened and he put a paw over his face in embarrassment. Eris chuckled a bit, she always found it hilarious when someone found out her real age. Some Pokemon who can't evolve are born looking like an adult, kind of like a child in a grown up body. Of course, not all Pokemon are like that, such as Kangaskhan and Lapras, who grow up like humans do.

Now that she had gathered the supplies she needed, it was time to challenge the gym.

Tyranitar continues, "I am sure that you have noticed, that wild pokemon are acting more violent than usual. This is not a coincidence because some of them are not real pokemon at all. They are manufactured creatures that exist only to attack others. Even though a puppet may look like its counterpart, you will quickly notice that it is impossible to communicate with one of them, even if it is something of the same species! I am not sure where these things are coming from but I suspect that it is originating from someplace in Sinnoh.

When defeated, these puppets sometimes revert back to their base materials. There have been claims of injured pokemon melting into puddles of oil or changing into piles of cotton or other strange items. Be extra careful on your travels, the puppet pokemon have been sighted in several regions and I can only imagine what sinister power could be behind it.."

20% Derpier in 10 Seconds Derpy Dash's Avatar

The question seemed to catch the Gothita off guard. "Well, I guess, I mean, I do miss my trainer."
    Arik thought for a moment, he seems to be okay, screwing with him should be fun now. Arik said, "Oh, look at this rude little girl who misses her master, never even said her name."
    The Gothita looked a little embarassed, and said, "Oh, sorry, I'm Stacey, and I swear I'm not a girl."
    Arik responded, "Your name is Stacey, you look like a girl, and yet you keep claiming you're a boy, that makes sense."
    The Gothita started to look a little mad, No, It's a normal name, my parent just hated me, anyway, would you be willing to go with me to collect the badges?"
    Arik thought this was all too easy, "Are you asking me out on a date? You seem a bit young, but I'll go if you pay for dinner first."
    Stacey was starting to plead, "No, I only wanted your help."
    Arik continued, "If you really wanted my help, I could take you to the nearest pre-school, so you can date a boy your own age, or I could take you to a day-care, but I hear some nasty things go on there."
    Stacey seem to have had enough, because his eyes glowed blue, and he fired a psychic beam at Arik.
    "Oh, come on, didn't you learn Psychic does not effect Dark types."
    That only seemed to provoke him more, he ran up and kicked Arik, then he grabbed his foot, and winced in pain.
    "Oh, Gothita almost learned Low Kick, I would be impressed, but you kicked pure Steel."
    Stacey seemed to be legitimately angry now, and his eyes glowed blue again, Arik expected another beam, but instead he felt a wave of energy.
    "Oh, did you just learn a new move, you're welcome, that will be 500 poke'."
    Stacey calmed down, and looked embarrassed again, "I'm sorry I attacked you, but please, please, help me get the badges, and find my trainer."
    Arik looked at Stacey with a smirk, "Sure, I'll help you, for 1,000 poke'."
    Stacey fainted again.
    "I'll take that as a yes," Arik said, before deciding to get some sleep as well.

(OOC: I am looking at you GlaceonLover94, in terms of the day care)
    マフィン 鬆餅 মাফিন 머핀 кифла মাফিন

Blog Entries

Nimbasa City, Unova
    Goal: Obtaining the Bolt Badge

Eris stared uncomfortably at the city's gym. Now that the sun was gone, the city was filled with bright multi-colored lights, which stayed alight due to the electric Pokemon. However, the inside of the gym was completely dark. It was as if the place was abandoned. She feared the possibility of being ambushed in the dark, but then again, dark was her type. If anything, she'll have the advantage in the shadows. Eris stepped forward, sinking into the darkness with each step.

Suddenly, a spark flashed, and in a split second, the entire runway was lit. Startled, the Absol went into a defensive position and gazed at her surroundings. To the left and right of her were nothing but electric type Pokemon. There were all kinds; Pikachu, Raichu, Emolga, Blitzle, Mareep, you name it. They did nothing but stare at her, some of them creating little sparks. She could tell that they were preparing for a potential fight, but none of them had made their move. She nervously kept walking down the runway until she met it's end.

At the end of the runway, an Electivire stood, staring at her like all the others did. He had a suspicious look on his face,

"Why are you here? It's best you leave before something horrible happens!"

"I-I..." she hesitantly spoke, "I just need the gym badge, sir, if that won't be a problem..."

"So you're here about the whole human business. Take it, now. Go before you cause a disaster!" He gave her the badge without much trouble, but she left the gym confused. Eris was surprised that there was no conflict, that he just gave out the badge so willingly. She had feared the worse, especially after hearing Pecha's story about her time in Castelia's Gym. It seemed like she bought all those Cheri Berries for nothing, but they could come in use later.

But it seemed like the Electivire feared her, since he wanted her to leave so quickly. Was she that intimidating? Or was he not as strong as he looked? the latter seemed unlikely, since she was nowhere close to him in strength. Just as she was about to leave, Eris caught a glimpse of a Patrat staring at her in awe,

"How did you survive going in there?" he asked. She gave him a confused look, did most Pokemon get killed in there? She decided to answer the rodent Pokemon's question,

"The Electivire just gave me the badge and told me to leave,"

"He made a smart choice, since your kind is meant to bring tragedy..."

"What do you mean by that!?" Eris stomped her paw on the ground, feeling offended by the Patrat's remark. The Pokemon's ears flattened, slowly backing away,

"Haven't you seen the Pokedex entry for Absols? It literally classifies you as the Disaster Pokemon!" he quickly jumped into the bushes, disappearing from her sight. Although this greatly offended her, it gave her a good idea for the future. If she was going to gather more gym badges and avoid injury, she could threaten the leaders of other gyms with a possible disaster, thus avoiding a fight. She kept walking, thinking about the possibility...

(OOC: Dr. Stein, be careful not to fall into the trap of waiting on another players post when they may have gone on vacation or something. I would recommend leaving the door open for the other characters response but also not writing yourself into a corner, in case the other person does not post right away.

Bad Apple: Good use of pokemon species, well done.

For the sake of simplicity, I will be keeping track of the games progress on the first page of the Discussion thread instead of post by post. Ok, time out over)

Rustboro city, Pokémon center, (Hoenn)

Sweet! Max had scored the cities badge and now only needed to decide on which town to try next. According to the map, Petalburg city and Lavaridge town seemed like the best choices. Max gives it some thought as he looks over the spread out map..

Blog Entries

Nimbasa City, Unova
    Goal: Finding Icirrus and reaching Driftveil City

Eris knew that she should get some sleep, but she didn't want to rest. She wanted to get to Driftveil city, to keep her promise and bring back the humans. And who knows, maybe the Glaceon is in Driftveil?

She remembered what Pecha told her, about finding a shiny Glaceon named Icirrus, that was Pecha's sister. Eris wondered how she would deliver the news about the Espeon's death, how would the other respond? They were sisters, who knows how much emotional pain that will cause? The Absol pushed the thoughts out of her head, hoping she'll know what to do when the time comes. For now, she had to at least make it to Route 5. If she could find a Hidden Grotto, then she'll have a safe place to sleep for the night.

Eris continued walking west, towards Route 5. Several Pokemon walking the same path avoided eye contact with her, some showing certain signs of fear. She silently questioned their actions until she remembered something from earlier, Oh, right, walking disaster... she thought. Ignoring the actions of the others, she made it to the entrance of the route, and walked onto the tree-lined road. Observing closely at the trees, she found an opening between two of them, and immediately walked into it. The grass was soft, the light was dim, and the grotto was empty. It was perfect for the night. Eris lied down on the grass, waiting for the sun's arrival.

Watch as I ooze power! Magical Doughnut's Avatar

Stacey woke up after a while, he was feeling better now. He looked over, and saw Arik sleeping, he knew that they should get moving, and that the room was starting to smell bad due to the dead Liepard. He nudged Arik, and said, "Wake up, I feel better now, and we should get moving, have any ideas on where we should go?" Arik, still looking tired, said, "How about the nearest gym, why are you asking the Pokemon that, until recently, didn't know about badges?" Stacey felt stupid and embarassed, and decided to go outside.

It was dark outside. "How long was I out?" Stacey thought to himself. Looking closely, he could make out the outline of the Drawbridge, Stacey realized that he was now closer to Driftveil City, making that a better location to go to than Nimbasa.
    Arik came outside, and Stacey wispered, "We should go towards that bridge, but there are still Pokemon out there who would want to fight us, we should stay in the shadows, and keep quiet." Arik just sarcasticly responded, "Wow, I would have never thought of staying in the shadows to not be seen." Stacey normally replied, "Just shut up and start walking." Arik said, "Wow, another new idea." Before he started going towards the bridge.

Stacey was about to follow him, until he heard a small thumping in a trash can near the entrance to the hideout. Stacey quietly knocked it over, and the Trubbish that attacked him fell out, seeming to be in terrible shape. The Trubbish looked at him shocked, before Stacey gave him a look telling him to get away from there. The Trubbish weakly nodded, and went away. Stacey started going after Arik, thinking, "The less Arik knows about this, the better."

Stacey soon managed to catch up with Arik, and they kept going. The trip to, and over the bridge was quiet, they had not been seen. They soon arrived at Driftveil City, and headed towards the gym, never leaving the shadows. Luckily, most Pokemon seemed to be asleep, and they soon reached the gym. Stacey whispered to Arik, "Okay, here we are, are you ready?" Arik looked at him, before saying, "Have to stop you right there, I believe that you should have the experience from beating this gym. So, I will be out here, exploring the city."Stacey sighed, "Fine, go ahead," not wanting to argue anymore. As Stacey entered the gym, he thought, "Glad to know finding a companion was pointless."

(OOC: Again, Dr. Stein and I worked together on the post)
    ALLONS-Y!!!

Rustboro city, (Hoenn)

Petalburg city was nearby, so Max decides to head south. Moving from building to building, he tries to keep a low profile. Even though Max appeared to have won the favor of the gym boss, that did not mean that other pokemon in the area would share the same view...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast