Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

Once, there were beings of unimaginable power. They controlled the land, the seas, the sky. The day, the night. Time, space. Everything in this universe was under their control. They were known as The Circle of Legends. These beings each had a role to play in maintaining balance in the world. However, their powers, if used for evil, could bring the very end of the world. So, they agreed to a pact, one that bound them to non-violence, peace, and harmony. For thousands, even millions of years, there was peace and harmony in the world.

But then, it all went horribly wrong.

In the town of Gilliad, it was a bright and sunny morning. The Pokemon were doing their daily business, conversing amongst each other, and the shops had a constant stream of customers.

Darkness filled the skies, blotting out the sun. The moon seemingly rose. It was blood-red, and although it was artificial, it nevertheless sent a message. It signaled the arrival of darkness. And only one Pokemon knew how to call upon it.

Creatures of darkness began to spawn. They attacked the villagers, and destroyed the prominent buildings of Gilliad. But it became worse. Pokemon appeared out of the darkness. But they were of the kind that was spoken of only in myths.

The pact of The Circle of Legends had been broken.

Giratina let loose portals to the Distortion World, trapping villagers in an alternate dimension for all of time. Rotom infected the electronics of Gilliad, making all communication systems not only useless, but fatal. And to top it off, a Pokemon that perfectly blended in with the darkness trapped the remaining survivors in endless nightmares.

Back at The Summit of Myths, the remaining members of the Cirle of Legends were in a debate. They could not retaliate, for they would themselves be breaking the pact, forbidding them from contacting the other legends. So, they had to watch, as numerous other cities were being toppled by the hand of the betrayers.

In Elessmara, the most prominent city in the area, a meeting was called. Someone had to stop these beings.

And that's were you come in.

Character List

Exploration Teams
    Team Ultima - Me
    Team Knights - BlackWhite
    Team Pokéts - Charizardtrainer101
    Team Mystic - Johto Trainer

Evil Teams
    Team Follia - Me
    Team Abala - jragonair
    Team Nova - yuukifan001

Betrayers of The Circle of Legends
    Darkrai - Me
    Giratina - Me
    Rotom - GoldenrodGirl
    Mewtwo - Me

Members of the Circle of Legends
    Arceus - Me
    Two of the other Legendaries - Still Open, go to the sign-up if you want to be one.
    Unspecified - jragonair
    Lugia - Anonymous
    All of the other Legendaries - Me

Team Ultima
    Elessmara Guild Base

Steenslag patiently awaited the arrival of the Explorer Teams, his form shining due to the lights. This was their only chance to defeat that Darkrai. They had to act now, lest they launch an assault on Elessmara.

Versteinerung, however, wasn't being nearly as patient. Quite the opposite, actually. He was pacing around the meeting room, grumbling to himself.

"When are they going to be here? The longer they take, the greater the chance we're going to be attacked," Versteinerung said.

"Have patience, my friend. We are waiting for four different exploration teams, all coming from different parts of the world. It's going to take them a while. So why don't you settle down a little?"

"Patience? As if Darkrai and his troop are having patience."

"I said settle down."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team Follia
    Raphael's Chamber, Shadow Mountain

Raphael was in his section of the endless corridors within Shadow Mountain, where he tinkered with various contraptions. He was currently working on a time bomb-type device, navigating his way through the stream of wires, while Gespenst eerily floated beside him, his face as emotionless as a blank canvas.

This device was going to be used in the eventual assault on Elessmara. He was going to make sure that he would be able to see the looks on their faces before their city was blown to smithereens...

Darkrai, Giratina, and Mewtwo
    Summit of Shadows

Darkrai was in conversation with his three comrades, Giratina, Rotom, and Mewtwo, at the Summit of Shadows, with endless storms clouding the peak of the nearly endless mountain.

"So boss, what are we going to do? We have no idea what Team Ultima's doing, and we can't check on them ourselves without completely giving ourselves away," said Giratina.

"Well, what do you think? As you said, are we going to give ourselves away? No, you buffoon!" Mewtwo shot back.

"Silence," Darkrai said, and the arguing ceased immediately.

"Just think about it for a second. Since we can't go to Elessmara ourselves, who can? Who's been loyal to our cause since the beginning?" he said.

"Raphael. I've always taken a liking to the guy. So, is he and his Gengar friend going to be the ones we're going to send?" asked Giratina.

"Not just them, my friend. Not only do we need to know what they're doing, but we also need to foil whatever inevitable plan they have. So, we're going to send the other teams we have," Darkrai said before he turned to Rotom.

"And you'll be in charge of the squad. So, go tell our teams of the plan, and tell them to meet us here as soon as possible."

OOC: The Circle of Legends will come in after this little mission. Just have the Exploration Teams showing up for the meeting, and have the evil teams doing something in their chambers, before Rotom shows up and tells them of the plan.

Alright, let's go!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

Gold and Scythe ran across the street, eventually arriving at the Guild Base and heading inside, Scythe swaeting like crazy but Gold without a drop of moisture on him.

"Here we are," Scythe said, panting. "Finally." Gold strode ahead, walking along the hallways until finding Team Ultima.

"Hello," he said. "Are we the first ones to arrive? Or are others here, too?"

Scythe ran up to Gold, now sweating even more.
    "Hi!" he said cheerfully, somehow managing to speak with his tounge sticking out to cool it off.

"Excuse my friend," Gold said. "We ran a long way to get here, and he's really tired."

"Tell me about it," Scythe said before collapsing.

"Just perfect," Gold mumbled, using Psychic to keep Scythe cooled down. Within a few seconds, his eyes fluttered open, and gold offered Scythe a hand to help him up.

"Anyways," Scythe said, standing on his own, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he had just fainted from heat. "I'm Scythe and this is Gold. We're Team Knights. You are?"
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

"How much longer until we get a mission? If there isn't any soon, I'm going to go on a Killing Rampage," Zola said in a cold voice, throwing again a ball that she had to the wall of their chambers, catching it as it came back to her.

Greta, who was tired of watching Zola throw her ball, and in the blink of an eye, caught in in her black paw. "Same here," she said in a teasing tone, and destroyed the ball with her aura, the aura being a black/purple color, instead of a crystal blue.

"Hey! You'll pay for that!" Zola sneered, opening her mouth to launch an Ice Beam to Greta. She just dodged the beam of ice, and landed right next to her, patting her head. "You know you shouldn't loose your temper like that. Someone might get hurt," she said, then got out of the way of Zola's Drain Punch, her fist still glowing with a green and white swirl.

She was about to attack again, but was stopped by Mars, who had pinned her to the ground. "You shouldn't raise your fists to your comrades Zola. Someone might get the impression that you are going against your own," he said in a cold, heartless voice, which made Zola shiver.

"Yes Mars," she said quietly, now rubbing her back after he got off of her.

Blog Entries

'Hehehehey! No prob, Bob! This is gonna be puh-retty electrifying! I can already feel it!' Static fizzed around the Plasma pokemon, it was clearly ready for their next mission.

'I'm there!'

Rotom zipped up into the black storm clouds surrounding the mountain, before shooting straight back down to the side of the mountain.

First stop: Team Follia's Quarters.

'Well helloooooo Raphy. What'cha doin'? Oh, hi Gespenst!' Rotom floated through the door, before buzzing around the Gengar's head, cackling. 'Anyways, stop playin' with your lil' inventions, Raph. We gotta mission for ya, so perk ya ears up, deathy! We want'cha to go check on those goody-two shoes Team Ultima! Oh, and tell the other teams, will ya? I'm kinda, uh, busy right now. See ya later!' Rotom crackled and fizzed one last time before dashing back to the Summit of Shadows.

'Done, done and done. What now?' Rotom asked his fellow legendaries.
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries

OOC: Finally, the start-up ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team Mystic had finally arrived at Elessmara's Guild Base. "Sorry we're late everyone... my teammates were being a bit immature..." an oddly colored Metagross informed everyone. Loki was refferring to how her teammates, Chi and Yuki, had been playing around rather than getting ready.

"Yeah, well a little fun never hurt anyone." A shiny Flygon, Chi, said.

"Calm down Loki, we made it so what's the big deal?" Yuki, a shiny Infernape, pointed out.

"Ok, but please don't let this happen again. I don't like being late." Loki replied.
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

Blog Entries

Team Follia
    Raphael's Chamber, Shadow Mountain

Gespenst had no recognition that Rotom was buzzing around him, staring off into space with his blank eyes. Raphael gathered his things, put them into his bag, and set off to find the other teams.

"Lazy little rodent..." Raphael muttered to himself, as he found Team Nova's door, and knocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team Ultima
    Elessmara Guild Base

Steenslag and Versteinerung stopped mid-argument. They just now noticed that two of the teams had arrived.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, we are Team Ultima. I am Steenslag, founder and leader of Team Ultima. And my partner is Versteinerung."

"Pleased to meet you all."

"You have heard about the assault on Gilliad and other nearby cities and towns, right? Well, those are the doing of Darkrai and his group. You know of the story of The Circle of Legends, correct?"
    Last edited by Oblivion; 22nd June 2010 at 01:54 PM.

Team Nova

All of a sudden, there was a knocking in Team Nova's door. "Finally!" Zola exclaimed, runnings toward the door, and opening it slightly.

"What is it this time," she started to say, but caught her tongue when she saw Raphael. "R-Raphael, didn't expect you here," she said, opening the door more so he can come in, and the rest can look at who had come.

Mars suddenly joined Zola's side, and gripped her shoulder forcefull, Zola flinching at this. "I apologize for Zola. Anyways, what has brought you here Raphael?" he asked, Greta now going over and listening to the conversation.

Blog Entries

Team Follia
    Team Nova's Chamber, Shadow Mountain

"Well, we're going on a search and destroy mission of sorts. The boss wants us so he can unveil the specifics."

Raphael walked off, going to find Team Abala...

"My Kind of mission," Zola says sneakily, already heading toward the Summit of Shadows. Greta rolls her eyes. "So much for being professional," she muttered, already chasing after Zola.

Mars sighs, and follows them. "Why should I put up with this," he mutters, Already arriving at the Summit of Shadows, and standing beside his team quietly, waiting for the others to join them.

Blog Entries

"I'm Loki, leader of Team Mystic." Loki introduced her self. "And this is Yuki, and Chi." Loki gestured towards her teammates.]

"And yes, we are familiar with the attacks on Gilliad and the story about the Circle of Legends." Yuki replied.
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

Blog Entries

REd, a charizard was flying above two pokemon, Nidoking and Nidoqueen, also known as blue and purple. "Come on guys," Red yelled to the twinsthat were slowing down. Red, who was watching the twins, hit a tree. "Owowowowowowo, oh well, that can't stop us, lets go" Red said as he ran over to a base that three other teams were at. "Hi, I'm red, and this is blue and Purple," Red announced, noticing the twins caught up.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Blog Entries

Steenslag noticed that Team Pokets had showed up.

"Well, now that we're all here, let's relay the plan. Now, this is assuming that you all know of the assault on Gilliad, and the myths of the Circle of Legends. If you don't, tell me afterward.

"We think that they're going to launch assaults on towns that we have allied with, so that means each of you will go to their towns, and contact us immediately if you see a coming assault. The telltale sign should be an artificial red moon. These are your badges, signifying that you're working with us, and that you mean no harm," he said, tossing one for each Pokemon.

"They have a communicator that you can use to confirm that everything is fine, or when the situation turns dire, a distress signal that you can use to tell us that there is indeed an assault going on at your assigned location. And speaking of which..." Steenslag said, motioning toward Versteinerung.

"I take it that's my cue?" the Kabutops said with a bit of annoyance.

"Anyway, here are your assigned cities and/or towns. Team Pokets, you'll be assigned to Kharmas, which is a desert town about a mile and a half from here. Team Knights, you'll be assigned to Ikrabal, a mountainous town in the nearby mountains, located about a mile from here. And Team Mystic will be assigned to Aethion, a town in a forest about two miles from here."

"Thank you, Versteinerung. So, make any necessary preparations, then depart with all haste. Time is of the essence."

Blog Entries

OOC: I'm guessing they'll attack the farthest cities from where we're at first, right?

IC: "Got it," Gold said, catching the Badge. We'll be going to Ikrabel. Got that, Scythe?" Scythe popped up in attention.

"Um, ah," he said, picking up a Badge. "We'll be going to, um, Verstienerung City?"

"No," Gold said, feeling embarrased and pointing to the Kabutops. "THAT is Verstienerung. We're going to Ikrabel in the mountains, a mile from here."

OOC: There we go. Bump and a bit of comedy right there, and i'm guessing Verstienerung won't be happy being known as a city.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Blog Entries

Ferrum, Tenebrae and Galahad were heading towards the assigned meeting spot.

"When can I kill something?" Galahad asked.

"Galahad! We will be defending cities not razing them!" Ferrum barked.

"So I still get to kill."

Tenebrae purred as she trotted along the group. "I hope everything will turn out all right," she said.

Ferrum stopped the group as Steenslag and Verstienerung came into view. "Greetings," he said, "we are Team Windsaber."
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion