Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

Once, there were beings of unimaginable power. They controlled the land, the seas, the sky. The day, the night. Time, space. Everything in this universe was under their control. They were known as The Circle of Legends. These beings each had a role to play in maintaining balance in the world. However, their powers, if used for evil, could bring the very end of the world. So, they agreed to a pact, one that bound them to non-violence, peace, and harmony. For thousands, even millions of years, there was peace and harmony in the world.

But then, it all went horribly wrong.

In the town of Gilliad, it was a bright and sunny morning. The Pokemon were doing their daily business, conversing amongst each other, and the shops had a constant stream of customers.

Darkness filled the skies, blotting out the sun. The moon seemingly rose. It was blood-red, and although it was artificial, it nevertheless sent a message. It signaled the arrival of darkness. And only one Pokemon knew how to call upon it.

Creatures of darkness began to spawn. They attacked the villagers, and destroyed the prominent buildings of Gilliad. But it became worse. Pokemon appeared out of the darkness. But they were of the kind that was spoken of only in myths.

The pact of The Circle of Legends had been broken.

Giratina let loose portals to the Distortion World, trapping villagers in an alternate dimension for all of time. Rotom infected the electronics of Gilliad, making all communication systems not only useless, but fatal. And to top it off, a Pokemon that perfectly blended in with the darkness trapped the remaining survivors in endless nightmares.

Back at The Summit of Myths, the remaining members of the Cirle of Legends were in a debate. They could not retaliate, for they would themselves be breaking the pact, forbidding them from contacting the other legends. So, they had to watch, as numerous other cities were being toppled by the hand of the betrayers.

In Elessmara, the most prominent city in the area, a meeting was called. Someone had to stop these beings.

And that's were you come in.

Alright, I'm still fairly new to RPs, but I like to hope that this one will go well.

Rules
    No Godmodding

No sexual scenes

No excessive language. I'm a bit lenient when it comes to this, but don't take it over the top.

No excessive blood and gore. Same rules with the language apply.

No taking control of other people's characters.

No autohitting, a.k.a. saying that your attack hit without giving the other person a chance to say that they blocked or dodged it. Likewise, you can't block or dodge every single attack thrown at you.

If you've read these rules, understand these rules, and agree to these rules, then put "The Great Inferno Awaits" for any variation in your sign-up.

You can be either an exploration team, a team belonging to the ones who betrayed the Circle of Legends, or, if I think you're trustworthy enough, a member of the Circle of Legends.

Forms

Team Name: No duh.
    Members: Give each of the members a sheet as follows, or if you aren't an exploration team, give your character a sheet as follows...

Name:
    No duh.
    Species: Quadruple no duh.
    Personality: How does your character behave in certain situations? Hot-headed, calm, over-emotional, optimistic, etc.
    Appearance: You can have pretty much any alternate coloration, and be sure to list any distinguishing features, such as battle scars, birthmarks, etc.
    History: How did the character grow up, what happened during his/her lifetime, why did he/she decide to join the team, why he/she decided to stop the betrayers, etc.

You can have up to three Pokemon in an exploration team, and you can only have one team on each side.

Character List

Exploration Teams
    Team Ultima - Me
    Team Knights - BlackWhite
    Team Pokéts - Charizardtrainer101
    Team Mystic - Johto Trainer

Evil Teams
    Team Follia - Me
    Team Abala - jragonair
    Team Nova - yuukifan001

Betrayers of The Circle of Legends
    Darkrai - Me
    Giratina - Me
    Rotom - GoldenrodGirl
    Mewtwo - Me

Members of the Circle of Legends
    Arceus - Me
    Two of the other Legendaries - Still Open
    Lugia - Anonymous
    All of the other Legendaries - Me

Here's my sign-up for Teams Ultima and Follia...

Team Name: Team Ultima

Name: Steenslag
    Species: Metagross

Personality: Calm, doesn't make rash decisions, and always cares for the safety of others. He feels that the path that Darkrai and the others are taking is unforgiveable, and that they must be stopped. Hopes to reach the Summit of Myths, and stop this feud once and for all.

Appearance: Has shiny coloration.

History: Steenslag was always intelligent, outsmarting everyone in the town of Gilliad. He received top marks in everything he studied, but his specialty was always myths. A mythologist at heart, he had heard of the Summit of Myths, and it became his life's dream to go there some day.

This is, until all hell broke loose.

Steenslag was caught up right in the attack on Gilliad, reading an old book about the Creator of the Skies, when the assault on Gilliad was launched. For the first time, this was a situation he could work through with non-violence. It was then that he caught his first glimpse of the legends of the world.

Or, rather, a glimpse of the legends of the world trying to kill him.

He saw a Kabutops, lying on the ground, with blood streaming from a wound in his right hip. Steenslag picked the Pokemon up using telekinesis, and carried him away from the chaos, barely escaping to Elessmara with his life. He then took the Pokemon to a shelter, where he hoped that the victim would recover.

Name: Versteinerung (ver-STINE-ur-ung)
    Species: Kabutops

Personality: The polar opposite of Steenslag. Very blunt, brusque, and he's always looking for a fight. He frequently jumps the gun, never thinking of what he's doing, and the consequences that may crop up because of it.

Appearance: The same as any other Kabutops.

History: Versteinerung was also a resident of Gilliad, and he spent most of his time at the dojo, practicing his fighting techniques, and challenging others to duels. He was fighting a battle-hardened Blastoise when the assault was launched.

He was chopping his way through the minions when he saw someone that he thought might provide a challenge. Giratina. He leapt at the beast, ready to impale it, when a spiked tentacle rushed at him, and stabbed him right in his right hip. He fell to the ground, but he wasn't dead.

He woke up in Elessmara, in a shelter, and a metallic Pokemon looking startled to see him awake. They recounted their tales, and formed an exploration team: Team Ultima. The metallic Pokemon, who called himself Steenslag, had took charge of the team, while Versteinerung simply hoped that they could get a big enough group that could take down those monsters especially that Gratina...

Team Name: Team Follia

Name: Raphael
    Species: Weavile

Personality: Raphael has always been cunning and mischevious, but mischevious in the dark sense. He always cracks up in laughter at other people's expense, and loves fighting more than anything else. His "jokes" include slicing people to ribbons with handmade buzz saws, smashing them with hammers, and dangling them in the air, suspended by a rope, only to find his claw being driven through their face. He is a genius, but uses his intelligence for his own amusement.

Appearance: Has red skin, and his headdress-thingie and his tail are black. His eyes are icy blue, and the jewel on his forehead matches that.

History: Ever since he was a baby Sneasel, Raphael was playing jokes on others. Jokes where the end result was broken bones, detatched limbs, and maybe the loss of a life or two. He was banished from his home, the forests of Farthen Dur.

During his travels, he stumbled across a lake, and saw a semi-transparent figure, about a foot high, with two flowing tails. He walked up to the figure, and just before he was within speaking distance, the creature vanished.

After that, Raphael traveled around the are, before finding a cave, where he found a Pokemon, one of pure darkness. It persuaded him to join its group, one that would take over the world. Raphael accepted with no hesitation.

He was Darkrai's private assassin, killing off people that were interfering. He found a Gengar, who was once a different Pokemon before being killed by Darkrai's group. Raphael drove the poor Pokemon to insanity, and they formed Team Follia.

He's in the group for the fights. As he says, "The fun doesn't stop until there's no one left to die."

Name: Gespenst
    Species: He was an Arcanine, but now he's a Gengar.

Personality: Back when he was an Arcanine, he was proud, generous, and was one of the most respected members of Gilliad.

Well, before he died.

Now that he had died, and was driven insane by Raphael, he shows a lack of emotion, not showing any signs of happiness, anger, or even sorrow, essentially turning into a mindless drone. Gespenst has a real mind, but it's hidden behind layer upon layer of insanity.

Appearance: Has a slight orange tint to his coloration.

History: Gespenst was not his name. No one knows his name, for it was taken along with his life. He was one of the numerous victims of the assault on Gilliad.

He was, as stated before, one of the most respected members of Gilliad, before darkness clouded the air. Everyone called on him to save them from these monsters, but before he could take action, a spiked tentacle was driven through his chest. He fell to the ground, but he felt a sensation as if he was floating out of his body...

He woke up on a full moon, in the burning remains of Gilliad. He looked around, and saw...himself. But, he thought, that means...

He was dead, and was now a ghost.

He then came across a Pokemon, one with cunning intelligence, and it spoke to him. Speaking of devilish thoughts, of revenge, of him writhing is pain as creatures of darkness consumed his soul.

He couldn't take it. He screamed to the skies, and fell to his knees, clutching his temples. Then, his consciousness seemed to be shoved into a dark corner of his mind. He rose, a grin on his face.

He had been driven insane, by the hand of Raphael.

They formed Team Follia, and Gespenst just went along with whatever Raphael said. But that's what Raphael made him. A servant with no will of his own.

Well, I hope this RP goes well. Feel free to sign-up, make reservations, but be warned, reservations wear off after one week.
    Last edited by Oblivion; 20th June 2010 at 02:23 PM.

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Circle of Legends

RESERVE ME PLEASE!

Blog Entries

Alright, you're reserved.

can I reserve a slot? i take time in writing the form thingy, and i do like your plot.

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SA, am I trustworthy enough to be a legend? If so, reserve me Lugia (The sexy beast) XD
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

Blog Entries

Anon, yeah. I've seen enough of you around here to know that you're a good RPer.

Both of you are reserved, but remember, reservations wear off after a week.

Blog Entries

Team Name: Team Knights
    Members: Gold (Gallade), Scythe (Scyther)

Gold
    Name: Gold
    Species: Gallade
    Personality: Gold is somewhat easygoing, but easily angered and tends to get overly angry for small things. He will never give up, even when hope is lost and everyone around him is dead. Gold considers himself the strongest of the strong, and because of this he will never back down from a battle, be it against Magikarp or Arceus alike. Besides what some probably think, he is actually intelligent and strategic, but is also probably the most stubborn person in the world, never giving up on a plan even when it is clear his plan will not work. Gold never enjoys taking orders from anyone but himself and his closest friends.
    Appearance: Gold has gold where the green on his body would be, and silver where white would be. He has a large scar on his forehead from a vicious battle with a Marowak, but it is well hidden by a bandanna he wraps around his head.
    History: Gold was born to a large family of ten, the youngest is a large group. After years of being taunted by his brothers and sisters for being the weakest, Gold vowed to one day be able to defeat all of them. He ran away from home at a young age, training solo for many years, becoming stronger and stronger by fasting and fighting. One day, while meditating on a mountain peak, Gold discovered a small clear blue ston half wedged in the snow. Upon touching it, Gold felt much stronger, his arms growing into scythes and developing much stronger attacking skills. He set off triumphantly and battled his siblings, defeating them all easily without breaking a sweat. He is now ready, at any cost, to defeat those who betrayed the Circle of Legends.

Scythe
    Name: Scythe
    Species: Scyther
    Personality: Scythe always tries to be optimistic, and is easygoing. He is open to making friends, and is the life of any party. Scythe has a very friendly attitude, frowning down on anyone who gets shy. He has massive mood changes sometimes, so he can go from extremely happy to burning with rage to depressed ans sulking in a few seconds. Scythe has a burning temper and will attempt to kill anyone who even mildly annoy him. Scythe is ready to kill any who get in his way trying to save the Circle of Legends.
    Appearance: Like a normal scyther, but with red skin.
    History: Scythe was born in a small wooded area, an only child. His mother died shortly after his birth, and Scythe's father had a bad case of sickness combined with depression. His father died within a year. Scythe roamed the earth, searching for something to keep his intrest. He eventually found a lone Gallade, apparently returning from a long amount of battles, and asked him to join a Rescue Team. They became ever stronger, saving pokemon and defeating outlaws everywhere. Scythe is now ready to take down all in his way on the journey to save the Circle of Legends.

The Great Inferno Awaits Team Knights.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Blog Entries

Accepted. =D

Blog Entries

It takes a guy like ShadowArceus to make PMD dark and awesome.... <3<3<3 it! Please reserve me as I write a signup really good.

get bored
    plan to finish this soon

Hope I'm not too late!

Blog Entries

Glad you like it. =D You're reserved.

Blog Entries

hmm.. i might as well give it a try

Team name: Team Pokéts

Members: Red, Blue, Purple

Name:Red

species:Charizard

Personality: Red is pretty easy going and always jokes around. He is competitive, sort of. He will never back down from a challenge, but he jokes around while playing.

Apperence: Like any charizard, but he has a mark of a lightning bolt down his left arm, the team mark.

History: Red grew up in the hustle of the city and knew alot of people. Although growing up in the city, he liked to play in the woods with his friends, blue and purple. They had grown up together and like acting like they were a rescue tream. When they got old enough, they became a team and Red was the leader. They had a good time until darkness washed over.

Name:Blue

Species:Nidoqueen

Personality: Blue is much like Red in a variety of ways, she always tells jokes and trys to lift the spirit. She is even in a good mood when shes battling, almost never mad.

Apperence: The same as all nidoqueens, except for her team mark on her right arm.

History: Blue grew up in the woods, growing stronger and stronger, with her twin, purple. Her and purple were orphans and alone until they met red. Blue trained with the boys and is one of the strongest Nidoqueen in the area.

Name: Purple

Species:Nidoking

Personality:Exactly the opposite of red and Blue. Purple is cold and mean to almost everyone. The only people he is nice to are other teams and his teamates. He also will only take orders from Red and Red only.

Apperence:Like all nidoking except the team mark on his left arm.

History:Read blues history

the great inferno awaits me
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Team Name: Team Nova
    Members: Darla, Joe, Greta

Name: Darla
    Species: Lopunny

Personality: She is cold, and likes to get her job done as fast as she can, but without flaws. Even though she is a normal-type, she gets mad when they mention that, since her team is mostly made up of fighting-types, and her selection of moves is based on that category. She is the youngest of the group, but hates it when they mention that, and instead of following oreders, she does it "her way", which is faster and more efficient, pleasing her masters, which she was trained to do at a young age.

Appearance: She has purple eyes instead of the typical red and has a dark purple bandanna around her neck. Her fur is not like the others, per se, since it is a darker, softer color, and what is supposed to be a light brown color, is actually white.

History: (Buneary) She grew up in a family of explorers. Her dad was an explorer, and her mother was one too. They made her persue this goal too, but what she wanted to do was play. Not as in play around, but play the flute, which she found calming and peaceful. When she wasn't training to be an explorer, she would go to the forest in a secluded place, and play her wooden flute, where the other Pokemon would gather and join her, liking the soft tunes that she would produce...This calmness didn't last though, when all of a sudden there was an attack. There was many casualties...and deaths, and before she knew it, her parents were one of them.

Name: Mars
    Species: Infernape

Personality: Instead of being a hyperactive and loud, he tends to keep to himself, and is quiet almost all the time. He only gets talkative and loud around Darla and Greta, and will sometimes lose his temper when he gets angry at them for playing pranks on him, or when they are in serious trouble. Unlike Darla, he likes to follow orders, and instead of just charging he calculates his next move, and tries to think two steps ahead of his enemies.

Appearance: He has a scar on his left arm, and his fur is a dark crimson instead of an orange.

History: Joe wasn't really the family type, since his parents left him when he was just a Chimchar. During his Chimchar years, he would fend for himself, but was actually loved by the pokemon around him. Joe decided to be a street performer, juggling things like pins and balls, bring a smile to everyone's face. This didn't last though, since where he lived was attacked, the pokemon being the Betrayers of The Circle of Legends. He was cornered by a follower, who had just come from killing off a defenseless ponyta. This is where he snapped, and gained new power, his flames powering up, and his form changing, evolving into a Monferno.

Name: Greta
    Species: Lucario

Personality: She is calm and collective, liking the peace and tranquility of the open space. While fighting, she is calculating, trying to think what move she is going to do next, and what her opponent will do next. Although this is true, she is also shy around Joe, and treats Darla like her little sister, often patting her in the head just to annoy her, or to show her affection.

Appearance: She has a scar in her right eye, and she has a birth mark on her paws, which resemble a crescent moon.

History: Told in Joe's history. I don't really have time, so if you want me, i'll post her history some other time.
    Last edited by yuukifan001; 16th June 2010 at 10:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Accepted and accepted.

Feel free to make a team on the opposite side if you so choose. Team Follia's outnumbered four to one. XD

all right, i'll change mine to the dark side...but i don't wanna change the history...

Blog Entries

Then just tell me why they decided to join "the dark side" and get cookies.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast