Background: In recent years, the Mushroom Kingdom has had sightings of all sorts of Pokemon. As more and more citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom began to capture and train Pokemon, the various towns and regions of the Mushroom Kingdom have established gyms to attract trainers to challenge.
You are one of these trainers. You are on a ship en route to Toad Town where you will meet Professor Frankly, who will help you get started on your quest in this new region.
Character Creation Template:
Name: Your Character's Name
Age: Your Character's Age
Gender: Your Character's Gender (due to the confusing nature of some names)
Appearance: Your Character's Physical Appearance (perhaps 3-4 sentences or a picture)
History: Your Character's History
Starter Pokemon: And a brief description of its personality if you so desire.
Future Pokemon: See above.
Rules and Information:
1. The Mushroom Kingdom in this particular RP will be based off of the Mushroom Kingdom presented in the original Paper Mario, with all locations deriving from there. Other characters not from that game, however, may show up throughout the course of the RP.
3. You may only start with one Pokemon. This Pokemon must be a non-legendary that can evolve at its first form. For example, Larvitar would be an acceptable starter, but Throh would not be. Piplup would be an acceptable starter, Prinplup would not be. Just use common sense.
4. You may carry up to six Pokemon with you at a time. All other Pokemon will be stored in the PC and can be accessed later.
5. You are more than welcome to use this thread as a stats page.
6. If you want to outline future additions to your team here that's perfectly acceptable, all I ask is that you begin the RP with only one starter.
7. Legendary Pokemon. If you so desire, you can claim one that I will set you up to battle later in the RP. No two characters can have the same legendary, so if someone else chooses Shaymin, you cannot choose Shaymin as your legendary. The only legendary off limits is Arceus, the rest are fair game. Just list your desired legendary in you're "future team" section.
8. I'm going to limit this RP to 8 people including myself. A smaller group will be easier to manage and, in my opinion, more fun.
9. Keep in mind that I live in America, if you live in, say, the UK then you are still more than welcome to join, but keep in mind times may get tricky.
10. If you need to drop out for whatever reason, it's cool. Just hit me up with a PM and say so, I won't even ask why. All I will ask is for you to come up with some contrived way for your character to exit the story so continuity will flow.
11. OC's only please! I may need Mario characters for the plot.
12. You can be any race from the Mario universe (or hey, since it's a crossover, maybe from another universe) but not a specific character. So for e.g., you can be a Goomba, but not Goombario.
13. Finally, please no godmodding. Try and make an interesting character.
Right then, without further ado, my character...
Name: Jack Crimson
Appearance: An emaciated 5'5'' young man with long, messy blonde hair and big blue eyes. His skin is a dark tan from spending so much time in the sun. His preferred attire is a unzipped, dark red hoodie with a white shirt underneath. The jeans he wears are torn and his white shoes have become nearly brown with dirt and debris.
History: Jack was born in Saffron City in the Kanto region and grew up as an only child. When Jack was a child he saw Articuno fly over the city. Fascinated, Jack began to research and learn as much as he could about the enigmatic bird, and he became obsessed. When he was sixteen, Jack dropped out of high school to pursue his dreams of capturing Articuno. His parents disowned him and Jack set off on the streets with Charmander, the Pokemon given to him by his parents when he was just a baby. He spent the next two years traveling the Kanto and Johto regions with Charmander, all hunting for clues as to Articuno's location. His journey takes him to Toad Town in the Mushroom Kingdom...
Personality: Snake is Jack's fiercely loyal companion and childhood friend. He will vehemently defend Jack if he senses that Jack is in any danger. He does not have a Pokeball, and since he and Jack see each other as equals, he can be a little difficult to control.
Future Pokemon: Chikorita, Mudkip, Eevee (x2), Articuno
5. Daddy Warbucks
6. Alex64 (Character 2)
Available Legendary Pokemon: Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Raikou, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Azelf, Mespirit, Uxie, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Manaphy, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Kyurem, Meloetta, Landorous, Thundurus, Tornadus