Pokemon: The Lost Arcology [Sign-ups always open]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: The Lost Arcology [Sign-ups always open]

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon: The Lost Arcology [Sign-ups always open]

My RPs never really seem to get off the ground, do they? But at least I have plenty of ideas. Who knows? Maybe a Pokemon one will be interesting enough.

Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

The Plot:

The World:

Rules:

Sign-Up Form:

Players:

Any questions or clarification needed, just ask Renewal!
    Last edited by Renewal; 10th October 2011 at 04:39 PM.

Default Re: Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

If this is the entire world that went underground, what if there were pokemon that haven't been discovered yet? Are they just all extinct, or what? I actually have ideas for (well-balanced) fakemon that you could use in this RP. I have over 30 that I'm making for a new region of mine, and the number is increasing every day.

I'll still sign up if you say no, but this might be what you need to get your RP off the ground; something that the others don't have. If you want to see some of my creations, tell me.

Also, since we're starting in the Ground arcology, will we be limited in our first pokemon choice? I know which of my fakemon I'm going to use if you allow their use. Here it is, adapted for this RP:

Last edited by Hadesiro; 27th September 2011 at 03:32 PM.

Blog Entries

@Hadesiro: You, good sir, have raised an excellent point. I feel like they'd fit better if the players discovered your fakemon on their journey, as intrusions into the arcology. So, you could introduce them, just not start off with them.

All of these pokemon lived in the Golayn Peninsula, east of Hoenn. I'm going to be making my signup in a bit.

These pokemon lived in the region of Rikken, made by Flygon101. I made these pokes for his region.

You don't have to use the legends. I can see why you wouldn't really want to. I will be making more pokemon through the days, and I'll edit them into this post.
    Last edited by Hadesiro; 30th September 2011 at 06:09 PM.

Just a clarification, are we required to start with a Ground type since we're in that arcology, or could we have another Pokemon that is usually founf in caves? Just wondering, before I start to make a character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

@Nytie: Nope. Ground is merely the predominant type, not the sole one. So yes, it's possible to start off with any Pokemon, barring Legendaries.

Ok, good to know. I'm going to start putting together a character soon. :)

Grass + Ice = Epic

This looks nice, but one question: Are there wild Pokémon for us to catch along the way?

Anyway, starting the SU right now~

Name: Paulo Loresen.

Appearance: Paulo is 5'8" tall, and is moderately muscular. He has a complexion that resembles that of an Italian, due to his Caligin heritage. He usually wears strong, light clothes. He has black hair and blue-green eyes.

Personality: Paulo has a fiery personality, with passion and will to live. He can be a bit of a showoff, and is confident that he won't fail in the mission. In battle, he orders Zerxeis to wait, then strike once there is an opening. Paulo doesn't believe that Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre could have caused an apocalypse on their own; the other legends, such as Arceus would have stopped them.

Sometimes Paulo has flashes where all of his senses are horribly distorted, and he sees nightmarish things wherever he looks. His senses of smell, taste, and hearing become equally distorted during these times. When he was younger, he had a distorted flash, and saw a nightmarish thing watching him, and then it spoke to him. He couldn't recognize the shape, but the voice was clear and deadly-sharp. "Never go near, never attempt to follow th Omega, Caligin."

Background: Paulo's ancestors came from Caliginis, east of Hoenn. They sailed across the sea to Hoenn, and years later the apocalypse came. Paulo's family kept the legends and stories that they knew from Caliginis, and Paulo listened well to them. Those of the Caligin Empire, and the goddess that once tried to end the world. This pokemon-goddess was also known as the Omega, to the Caligin, as the legend went that it went from world to world destroying everything, always being the last living thing in existence as it left that universe. It tried to destroy earth many years ago, but Arceus stopped it and sealed under Caliginis, possibly forever. The goddess had another name, but it has been lost over the years. The stories go that the Caligin rebelled against the Omega pokemon, but in reality they worshipped it.

Paulo is actually adopted. His parents never had kids of their own, and they looked similar as both Paulo and his adoptive family are descended from the Caligin. His adoptive family, the Loresens, manufacture TMs, and keep old ones that their ancestors had made.

Pokemon: Zerxeis, a Growlithe.
    Last edited by Hadesiro; 9th October 2011 at 02:59 PM.

Blog Entries

@Valentine_Rose: Yup. This RP has all the trappings of a journey RP, with a radically different (theoretically) setting. I wanted to do something a bit simpler, but not so unoriginal as yet another journey through Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/etc. They're arcologies; they have a self-sufficient ecology within them.

@Hadesiro: Approved. I like how you elaborated on my plot introduction . Player involvement always makes an RP more in-depth. And yeah, I feel that leaving fakemon for later would be best.
    Last edited by Renewal; 29th September 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Grass + Ice = Epic

Name: Rose Harris

Appearance: Rose is very slim yet very tall for her age, standing at 168cm. Her hair is blonde and flows down to her chest, and she usually wears a rose-shaped pin in her hair to brighten it up a bit - the colour of the rose depends on her mood for that day. She wears a light green t-shirt with pictures of leaves on the side, and she wears faded sky blue shorts with white, frayed edges. Rose also wears white pumps, and a silver charm bracelet on her left wrist for luck. Often she is mocked and called "Pinneedle", because of her tall, skinny figure. As a result, Rose tries to eat as much as she can so that she isn't so skinny.*

Personality: Rose is an outgoing girl, who is very popular amongst her age group, and has been that way for as long as she can remember. She also likes helping others out, for two reasons: firstly so that they are happy, and secondly so that she doesn't have to be frustrated about watching them struggle. However, she isn't always kind to others, as she is pretty impatient and has a short fuse.*

Background: Rose's ancestors came from Slateport City, working as merchants to import items for the market. Because of that, the Harris family has many rare items from the past, such as DeepSeaTooth, DeepSeaScale, Big Pearl and Big Nugget. The family also has a collection of berries, which have interested Rose greatly. Her parents have taught her many things about the past, and how life was like overground.*
    Her ancestors were also quite rich as merchants, so her family is still pretty wealthy, with a spacious house and many ornaments as well as modern gadgets. Because of that, Rose has a lot of things which many people are jealous of, and she is quite spoilt as well.*

Pokemon: Roselia (it has been bred through many generations)
    Signature under construction~

Blog Entries

@Valentine_Rose: Looks decent. Approved.

Hmm, two or three more players will probably be sufficient for this RP. Let's see if we get one more interested person.

Finally got this done!

Name: Karina Majors

Appearance: Karina is short and petite, with hazel eyes and dark red hair in a choppy pixie cut. Her clothes are usually slightly too big and seem to hang off of her. She almost always has an Explorer Kit* with her.

Personality: Karina is spunky and curious, and a bit of a scatterbrain. She loves Pokemon and cooking, but her true passion is spelunking and searching for Fossils in Teron's vast network of caves. She may not be the best problem solver, but years of exploring the caves have taught her perserverance and determination, and honed her survival skills.

Background: Karina's family originally hailed from the mountainous region of northern Hoenn. She spends a lot of time with her grandparents, who live with her and her parents. She has been told that her predecesors were trainers, scientists, and environmental advocates but her grandparents refuse to say more than that. From piecing a few clues together, Karina suspects that some of her family members forerly belonged to Team Magma, one of the villainous teams that inspired Omega's mad plot. She hopes for a chance to help people and compensate for her family's involvement in the destruction.

Pokemon: Kreuger, a Sableye that Karina befrienfrf while exploring the caves. He happily digs for gemstones to eat while Karina is looking for Fossils.

Blog Entries

@Nytie: Very nice. Approved.

One more sign-up, and I'll post the start-up!

Behind you, with a knife. (When you looked I hid behind your desk.)

Name: Cohen Hazel

Appearance: Cohen has tousled green hair and usually wears blue clothes. He has a brown jacket and a pendant of a metal Rayquaza which he never takes off. He is also quite thin, and wears glasses. He is 4'11" in height, yet only about 35 kilos in weight.
    Personality: Cohen is a bright, yet naive boy who tries to stay calm and collected, but will crack if pushed too far. He is quite independent and usually does things himself. When he works in a team he is usually quite bossy, but tries to care for his fellow members. He brings a pen and notepad everywhere, and can record things that pokemon do for hours on end. His dream is to be a Pokemon Professor.
    Background: Cohen's family were brought up in the coastal Dewford Town, which was destroyed by one of Kyogre's tidal waves, but his family managed to escape thanks to their water pokemon. They fled to the only safe place they could find: Teron, the first arcology. Over the time of a hundred years, this story has "evolved" into myth. However, Cohen still believes strongly in this and is convinced he is related to the Gym Leader of a hundred years past, Brawly Haze (He has no proof, with his excuse being "Haze and Hazel sound the same").

Pokemon: His Marshtomp (or Mudkip if you won't allow it), Swampy.
    Last edited by Jaylebyrd; 3rd October 2011 at 02:41 AM.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast