Pokemon: The Lost Arcology - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

Behind you, with a knife. (When you looked I hid behind your desk.)

Default Re: Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

Cohen held the Prime Electric Keystone in his hand, mulling it over.

Zekrom? THE Zekrom? Wow... No wonder why Swampy didn't like it... So, um, do I tap it?

Cohen's finger reached out to tap the orb.

NO!

Cohen hesitated, how did that voice just get inside his head.

OK... Hmmm, so, I'll just wait.

Cohen decided to break the silence.

"So, how exactly do we use them?" he asked, while sketching Zekrom on his notepad.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Paulo was getting a weird feeling. He knew what it meant, that his hallucinations were receding.

Another besides the six in the room was watching, one older then all the arcologies. She had just saved one young boy from an unpleasant electric shock. She needed them to continue, and anything needlessly negative was to be avoided, even though she couldn't be with them all the time. This is what her master would have wanted.
    Last edited by Hadesiro; 21st October 2011 at 09:10 AM.

Karina was starting to feel slightly uneasy, as though there was a strange pressure on the room. She stared at the orange Keystone. Groudon was connected to it...

Picking up on the change in mood, Kreuger crawled back into her lap and looked up at her meaningfully. Karina understood; he felt it too.

She curled her hand around the Keystone Kreuger had picked up, the one connected to Shaymin. She had a feeling that he had taken the Grass Keystone for her on purpose. To take Groudon's would probably just tempt fate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Cohen stopped for a second.

If Rose doesn't come, who will take the ground keystone?

He repeated it to the group.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jonathan frowned. "I suppose I'll have to keep it for whenever she does show up." He gave them all a meaningful look. "Carrying two keystones, without any experience, may prove disastrous to you. If there is one thing the myths agree on, it's that Legendary Pokemon do not get along very well."

Jonathan stood, cracking the joints in his back as he stretched. "But I suppose an old codger like me has held you up long enough. Keep those keystones safe. And let me give you something for your journey." He turned and entered a backroom, before returning with five packs and five red devices. He passed one pack and one device to each of them. "Those packs contain some weatherproof clothing and tents that'll probably help in the more... extreme habitats." Indicating the device in Leon's hand, he continued, "And these are a bit more important. They're Poke Codices: special versions of the Pokedex, designed exclusively for use in the arcologies. Each Poke Codex has the standard Pokemon recognition software. More importantly, they can access the arcologies' computer systems if you can find a terminal."

Jonathan cracked one last smile at the group. "There's nothing more I can do for you. You'll have to find your own way to the next arcology, learn to use the keystones on you own."

Krueger immediately began rummaging through the pack in search of anything shiny as Karina examined the Codex. "Um.. does anyone here know how to make the terminals work? I'm great with digging up Fossils, but computers... well, not so much." She admitted.

Paulo had come out of his hallucination, and his surroundings appeared to be normal once more. He picked up the Codex, and began scanning the pokemon in the room.

When he attempted to scan Krueger the Sableye, the pokedex went into a grey screen of static. "Poke..mon unkno..wn.." It coughed out before it shut off.

"Something's there! Behind the Sableye!" Paulo said, frightened at the machine's response. He had seen what looked like the space itself move in response.

"No one ever has been able to scan me. Not before, not now. Guess I'm just too mixed. Oh, and I might be back for the Ground Keystone!" There was a distortion of space behind Krueger, as if something had teleported away. Paulo couldn't tell if the voice had spoken out loud or through telepathy. It had felt like a knife stabbing into his mind and ears. "Did you guys... hear that?" he asked.

Kreuger screeched at the strange voice and leapt away, nearly knocking Karina over. She barely noticed, holding her head in pain from the voice's resonance. "Wha... what was that?! Groudon's Keystone..." She was shaking all over, partly from fright at being so close to such an alien presence, partly because of what it had said about returning. She looked around at everyone else, eyes wide. "Y-you all heard that too, right?"

"I could probably hack into the terminals if I adjust -" Cohen flinched at the sound of the hollow voice. "Aah!" he yelled, before calming himself. "Yes, Karina, I definitely heard that."

An ear-splitting crash of thunder came out of nowhere, even though it was a sunny day. It seemed to come out of his own mind. He clutched his hands over his ears and yelled "YOU CAN HEAR THIS TOO, RIGHT?"

Nobody could.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Leon was pale, trembling slightly, hands clenched around his Codex and the Water Keystone. "I don't know what I heard... but I heard something..."

Jonathan's eyes narrowed. "But I didn't." His jovial demeanor gone, jaw clenched and hands fisted, he quickly pocketed the Ground Keystone. "Whatever that presence was, we can't let it interfere with the Journey. You need to go. Now." He looked at them for the last time. "There's nothing more I can help you with. I know you're all splendid, capable Trainers. Teron's future couldn't rest in better hands." He gave them a halfhearted grin. "Don't worry about the computer systems; they're supposed to know what to do." He made to leave the room, but stopped, shooting one last thing over his shoulder. "If Rose ever shows up, I'll send her after you. Please, make haste. Head to the south gate of town; the elevator to the wild zone will be right there." And with that, he was gone.

Leon stood too, legs just a bit unsteady. He clumsily shoved the Water Keystone into his front pocket, and fumbled for the Poke Ball on his belt. "Come on out, Thorn," he mumbled. The Axew materialized, tilting his head at the unfamiliar surroundings. Leon looked at his new comrades. "Ready, guys?"

"Yes, ready." Paulo said. "When we find a place we can access the database, I want to check it. In Caligin legend, there's a pokemon called Leapenight. It's said to be able to cause fear, and is a master of disguise. It was created by the Omega, and is immortal."

He got up, and picked up his bag. Even though it had frightened them, the strange thing hadn't really tried to hurt them.

She was home. The depths under Caliginis, where a crystal was located, and near the seal of the Omega. "I frighten everyone, except you. It gets so very, very boring after a while, Master. I wish I could let you out, but I don't have enough power. Yet."

She turned to a Ninetales sitting near her. "Hime. There are some children attempting to unite the arcologies. Keep an eye on them. If the one that looks like a Paura seems to be dangerous, tell me." She raised her arm, and the Ninetales teleported to the wild zone near Terron.
    Last edited by Hadesiro; 26th October 2011 at 08:23 AM.

"Ok, guys. It must have just been... static. So, shall we?"

Swampy bounced in excitement.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Sorry but i'm gonna have to drop out of this. College stuff and some other things have blindsided me and I don;t have enough free time to keep up with everything.

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

OOC: @Vayre you could write your death :P
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Please ignore this double post.

@Renewal I think it'd be better to restart this thread... I mean, Rose never showed up, and Vayre has left... Maybe...
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123